Identity Stone Question?

Alayasha - Heavens Tear
Alayasha - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
edited August 2014 in General Discussion
The Identity Stone has been out for awhile now and i was wondering how it exactly worked, like is it a one shot deal with making a name? Like for example i want to change my name but when i try it is already taken, does it cancel it and try again or does the item get used and i lose 32 bucks? i would like to know that before i consider buying it. my husband really hates my sins name XD
Post edited by Alayasha - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    You can keep trying. It will just say the name isn't available
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alayasha - Heavens Tear
    Alayasha - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Thanks, i read a long time ago someone said it was a one shot deal and i don't feel like gambling 30 bucks away!
  • SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    X__________________________________________X

seriously marriage is overrated,i wil send 2 mill in mail bwahahahaha
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The best is to make an alt with the name you desire, after having found the available name you delete the account. 7 days later the name is available again (toon deleted) and you can name your sin the way you did on the deleted alt.
  • Coraline - Lost City
    Coraline - Lost City Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The best is to make an alt with the name you desire, after having found the available name you delete the account. 7 days later the name is available again (toon deleted) and you can name your sin the way you did on the deleted alt.

I don't think that will work unless they changed it. People before used to take the names people have deleted and it wouldn't allow them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eatswithspoons "*roll eyes* real money for virtual property? That's definitely not allowed"

Lol what?
  • anaovt1
    anaovt1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I don't think that will work unless they changed it. People before used to take the names people have deleted and it wouldn't allow them.

I just did this with my seeker. it worked. I kept a name reserved with a lvl 1 alt until I decided what new class to try, then deleted and named it that.
    Camlyra-Raging Tides. Since the avatar is broken.

Cleric 103/103/102
    Seeker 102/102/101
    Wizard 101/101/101
    Psychic 102/99
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited August 2014

My gf used the method after having send a ticket asking about the matter. She made an alt with the name, deleted it, after the toon was deleted she could rename herself to the name formerly used on that alt.

As long as you don't openly discuss which names you're going to make (to avoid trollers quickly occupying it) you can use this method to safely find a new name at any time since you can easily make new characters/delete them again.