Swap Server

laikiraski
laikiraski Posts: 82 Arc User
edited September 2014 in Suggestion Box
Yo , i am really so interested when PWI finally will alloud server change , like with an iteam or whatever way it can be done . Ofc i realise its hard and bla bla bla , but again make people pay for it ? 100-200-300 gold dosent matter people will buy that service and you can make load of cash out of it .
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• XXxICExXx - Morai
    XXxICExXx - Morai Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It think it would be popular, I'd personally love to move my barb and veno from DW to Morai, but it might mean the death to some servers if a greater amount of people wanted to move from to another leaving few behind. I think if it was to be brought out it should be a 1 time thing, 1 move per account. Technically it wouldnt be that difficult after all they can merge servers and move 100k+ people from one to another.
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Technically it wouldnt be that difficult after all they can merge servers and move 100k+ people from one to another.

If it's managed well from the start and/or maintained properly. b:shutup
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • laikiraski
    edited July 2014
    It think it would be popular, I'd personally love to move my barb and veno from DW to Morai, but it might mean the death to some servers if a greater amount of people wanted to move from to another leaving few behind. I think if it was to be brought out it should be a 1 time thing, 1 move per account. Technically it wouldnt be that difficult after all they can merge servers and move 100k+ people from one to another.

I actually dont care how they want to make it , people are ready to pay w/e they ask for it. And you seriously wanna moove to morai ?b:laugh YOLO
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited July 2014
    Because of the way the databases are, it's not going to be possible in most cases. Also, going from PvE to PvP or vice versa would never be allowed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    laikiraski wrote: »
    And you seriously wanna moove to morai ?b:laugh YOLO

Even if this might sound weird to you, Morai is probably one of the most active server currently. And if they finally create a transfer stone, I expect more endgame players to come on Morai (european ones that still play on US servers) than to leave (to go on an empty PVP server or whatever)
    Only problem on Morai (appart from the PVP/PVE discussion) is the current prices (130-150M for a DoD b:shocked) but endgame toons don't care about that.

But we will never know anyway cause this won't happen.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Even if this might sound weird to you, Morai is probably one of the most active server currently. And if they finally create a transfer stone, I expect more endgame players to come on Morai (european ones that still play on US servers) than to leave (to go on an empty PVP server or whatever)
    Only problem on Morai (appart from the PVP/PVE discussion) is the current prices (130-150M for a DoD b:shocked) but endgame toons don't care about that.

sooner or later they will make it happen trust me, as it happened on other major mmorpgs

they will have to face the choice of closing servers due to low server population, or to merge them all or to allow players to migrate and then merge the lowest population servers
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited July 2014
    sooner or later they will make it happen trust me, as it happened on other major mmorpgs

they will have to face the choice of closing servers due to low server population, or to merge them all or to allow players to migrate and then merge the lowest population servers

Maybe... but according to me there is a huge difference between merging servers or give the possibilty to players to change the server where they play.
    I'm not talking about technical issues such as the database or whatever but more about the governance.
    For example, imagine if some people had changed from Lothranis to Momaganon (before the merge into Morai) after paying 300g. What would have been their reaction after the merge ? It's not only technically complicated, it would also be very difficult to define correctly.
    And they are probably to lazy to do that and would probably prefer letting people leave.
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • laikiraski
    edited July 2014

I am PVP guy ,i am not PWE based , so for me instances bla bla dosent matter and why is that you cant swap from pwe to pvp server Oo
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited July 2014
    I am PVP guy ,i am not PWE based , so for me instances bla bla dosent matter and why is that you cant swap from pwe to pvp server Oo

I think there has never been any official declaration about that since you can't change server for the moment. But the more common points I could see on the forums are that people would start a toon on PVE server then switch once endgame. I personnaly don't think this is a main issue because we're not on PW-MY anymore and I don't think this is still harder to level up on a PVP server (people don't do their quests anymore but only fc/bh).

That being said I think you would be kinda disapointed to see that open world PVP is almost dead even on PVP servers (especially if you don't play in the same timezone as other people)
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
  • XXxICExXx - Morai
    XXxICExXx - Morai Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I actually dont care how they want to make it , people are ready to pay w/e they ask for it. And you seriously wanna moove to morai ?b:laugh YOLO

Yah what Zoldi said b:pleased I have several high level good geared toons on DW but im UK based so swapped to Morai in Feb after being tired of staying up till ungodly hours to do anything fun. So i would love to bring those over to Morai. I also have lots of sellable items in banks/invs on DW that would help me in Morai but i'm not trusting enough to do the whole $$$ on this server for your $$$$ on another server stuff.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    Well this gives me a headache repeating my self over this Suggestion.
    We should be able to transfer servers!

This will not be happening anytime soon for two reasons.

A) The name cannot be changed because it interferes with the database

B) It has the potential for abuse by giving players an unfair advantage over others i.e PvE to PvP server and vice versa or an older server with better prices to a new server with more expensive prices. Suddenly that gear is more valuable

However, you can in fact save your characters look. Simply get a makeover scroll and save your character as a preset. Then when you make your new character you can use that preset to enjoy the same looks. Also with a bit of luck, your name hasn't been taken on the other server as they do not share a database with the exception of the European servers whose names do share a database. Also note that it is not expressly against the ToS to offer items and coins to other players on one server for items and coins on the other server. But you must exercise caution and do at your own risk. PWI cannot be held responsible if you lose your items to another player in a bad trade. Again this is NOT recommended by PWI (nor myself, to be honest) but it is also NOT against the terms of service. If you decide to do this, you do it your own risk.

Please check this thread for more Info and Frequent Suggestions

Thanks.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited July 2014
    heero200 wrote: »
    Well this gives me a headache repeating my self over this Suggestion.

I understand.

Still the part about "name cannot be changed" is wrong, as I explained in the thread where it was written first.
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    heero200 wrote: »
    A) The name cannot be changed because it interferes with the database

B) It has the potential for abuse by giving players an unfair advantage over others i.e PvE to PvP server and vice versa or an older server with better prices to a new server with more expensive prices. Suddenly that gear is more valuable.

A) This can be easily fixed making you choose a new nickname while moving your character from previous server to the new server

B) If its a gameplay choice, than that's your choice, if you choose to do it you know what are you going to get moving from a newer PvE server to an old PvP one f.e....
    And how the "more valuable" gear thing could even be remotely an issue
    This would make intra-servers trades viable and you know who would benefit more from this?

The Company!

Since said merchanter will need to move the catshop back and forth between servers and buy the server swap item with Gold
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    I understand.

Still the part about "name cannot be changed" is wrong, as I explained in the thread where it was written first.

Yes, its more aimed at the different name databases rather than the fact you can change your name now. But very correct. Ill get that updated.

A) This can be easily fixed making you choose a new nickname while moving your character from previous server to the new server

B) If its a gameplay choice, than that's your choice, if you choose to do it you know what are you going to get moving from a newer PvE server to an old PvP one f.e....
    And how the "more valuable" gear thing could even be remotely an issue
    This would make intra-servers trades viable and you know who would benefit more from this?

The Company!

Since said merchanter will need to move the catshop back and forth between servers and buy the server swap item with Gold

Sadly No.

The main problem comes from the databases being separated. The second comes from the fact they run a few different ways of storing the info as well as a few more databases on top of this. The databases are a mess which does not help. Remember the Morai server the amount of problems from a merge all because of database issues... Simply put the game was not designed to do this for the same reason it cant do Cross Server NW. So regardless if they wanted to make an item to make money on this its just not possible as PWI is. Evey time this comes up people make a fuss over it and I say the same thing. I will say we have a Game system update being worked on and after this anything is possible.

For now the powers that be KNOW we want this as well as Cross Server NW. With this info im sure they are doing everything to make it possible. Please feel free to discuss this topic but at this point in time their is nothing that can be done.

Thanks,
  • She_ra_ - Lost City
    She_ra_ - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Toons are db based and would be as easily as copy one db character data from one server to another. but I do say it should be from pvp to pve not pve to pvp. And I think cross server item exchange should be allowed on single accounts only as long as player is transferring from one server to another account based this should be allowed. Escpecially if they have account stash enabled on account this should be for entire account not just one server accounts.
  • jwillson123
    jwillson123 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014

DoD are at 165m on dreamweaver server.b:laugh

I think dreamweaver beat morai position as most expensive server but now santuary is the worst and most expensive of them all. Dreamweaver second place and Morai 3rd place. But items do vary in servers.
    Do you want PWI to fix the economy before is to late?
    please support Perfect World International Forum > Suggestion Box
    > Limit Auto Cultivation to 1 hour just like Hyper stones
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited September 2014
    DoD are at 165m on dreamweaver server.b:laugh

I think dreamweaver beat morai position as most expensive server but now santuary is the worst and most expensive of them all. Dreamweaver second place and Morai 3rd place. But items do vary in servers.

The truth is that you quote a post that has been written two months ago. Yesterday I saw a shop trying to sell a DoD at 180M. I don't know if the guy finally found someone to buy it but I didn't see any other shop selling DoD. And there are people that use shop to BUY DoD 135M without trying to negociate at all
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~