Most underrated Cleric skill?

Colum - Raging Tide
Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
edited December 2014 in Cleric
I thought to make a thread for every class and ask you folks...

Which is the most underrated skill amongst your class? The kind of skill, that other players of your class dont really seem to appreciate, at least not most of them, but you've found a nice use for it.

You could also mention why you personally like this skill and why others do not favor it so much. Both PvE and PvP scenarios are welcomed.
Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
Post edited by Colum - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Kittysama - Raging Tide_1432680721
    edited July 2014
    IH.

'Cause it's pretty much the only heal needed for 90% of PVE-stuff, if cleric knows his/her stuff. Underrated 'cause it has far more potential than most clerics think it has(even though it's known as kinda best heal).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Final ragequit on 21/02/2014 'cause ARC. Back on 15/04/2014, RL was bored.
    Ten Paths of Kittyness(old mains when deleted): Kittysama 100(100) Sage HA-Venomancer |Aivina 100(101) Sage (ex-Zerk) Str. Seeker | Kittytart 90(101) Demon All path Zerk BM | KittyFishie 92(101) Demon APS/DPH Zerk Assassin | Haroin 100(100) Demon Vit. Zerk Barbarian | Elfborn 82(100) Demon Cleric | Pessimiste 85(100) Sage Wizard | PalavaEnkeli 87(100) Demon Fist/APS-Archer | VerenVanki 85(100) Demon Mystic | MerenPeto 85(100) Sage Psychic
    Current mains: Old psy and 19 new/recreated mains(avg. level 82)
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    wings of protection
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'll speak from my own experience here.

Purify: A lot of clerics doesn't seems to realize that often a purify would be more a life saver than any healing skill.

Elemental Seal: I don't see a lot of clerics using that nvm if it's in PVE or PVP.

Spirit's Gift: I don't know if it's cause my server lack of smart clerics, but on my casters I constantly need to ask for it, nvm if it's in PVE/PVP/TW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    All cleric skills are amazing.

I would still say all the single buffs and their special abilities. Only a few clerics really use the max outta it.

AND Aurora Blast and anythign related to it. Maybe not underrated but surely broken. Why? Figure.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • veronicae
    veronicae Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Would agree with wings of protection as I rarely see ppl use it and I personally think it's awesome

Also would add: Elven Boon. The hp restoring while attacking comes in really handy in PvE when in VD/UVD or in PvP. Also the seal can be great. I don't see ppl using it that much though.

As for IH I don't see why it should be underrated as most clerics use it frequently (not referring to the CHB-Spam-Clerics lol)

Purify: Has gotten more recognition with ws and FSP and I personally see alot of clerics using it on my server, so can't agree with that.

Elemental Seal: I really see almost all clerics using the seals, so can't sign that for the ones I've met either.

Spirit's Gift: O_O what? Most clerics always buff all buffs, so how come you have to ask for it? Don't get it o_O sounds rather odd to me
    sealightnewsig_zpsfd599c1f.png
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    veronicae wrote: »
    Would agree with wings of protection as I rarely see ppl use it and I personally think it's awesome

Also would add: Elven Boon. The hp restoring while attacking comes in really handy in PvE when in VD/UVD or in PvP. Also the seal can be great. I don't see ppl using it that much though.

As for IH I don't see why it should be underrated as most clerics use it frequently (not referring to the CHB-Spam-Clerics lol)

Purify: Has gotten more recognition with ws and FSP and I personally see alot of clerics using it on my server, so can't agree with that.

Elemental Seal: I really see almost all clerics using the seals, so can't sign that for the ones I've met either.

Spirit's Gift: O_O what? Most clerics always buff all buffs, so how come you have to ask for it? Don't get it o_O sounds rather odd to me

Welcome on HL, majority of clerics are unskilled and aren't smart.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • veronicae
    veronicae Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Wow... b:surrender
    sealightnewsig_zpsfd599c1f.png
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Hmm. A few choices here...

Sage Vanguard & Sage Guardian Seal: Both help a lot on pulls, neither of them cause aggro, and both can be a lifesaver.

Wings of Protection does tend to be underrated...but...

GUARDIAN LIGHT: Due to its cooldown, a lot of us don't use it. However, it is the oh *expletive* button that can save you.

Seal of God: Not used in pve a lot, and I barely see it in NW. (I've been factionless from the start, so Icant speak on TW. )

Thunderball: because the DOT hits normal through bless.

Plume shell: because many clerics don't use it.

Silent seal and chromatic seal, with silent being the least used.

Still, the main one, if I have to choose only one...Guardian Light.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • Kittysama - Raging Tide_1432680721
    edited July 2014

Ze godmode, where tanking pretty much anything phys. based ish possible. Kitty said.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Final ragequit on 21/02/2014 'cause ARC. Back on 15/04/2014, RL was bored.
    Ten Paths of Kittyness(old mains when deleted): Kittysama 100(100) Sage HA-Venomancer |Aivina 100(101) Sage (ex-Zerk) Str. Seeker | Kittytart 90(101) Demon All path Zerk BM | KittyFishie 92(101) Demon APS/DPH Zerk Assassin | Haroin 100(100) Demon Vit. Zerk Barbarian | Elfborn 82(100) Demon Cleric | Pessimiste 85(100) Sage Wizard | PalavaEnkeli 87(100) Demon Fist/APS-Archer | VerenVanki 85(100) Demon Mystic | MerenPeto 85(100) Sage Psychic
    Current mains: Old psy and 19 new/recreated mains(avg. level 82)
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Hmm. A few choices here...

Sage Vanguard & Sage Guardian Seal: Both help a lot on pulls, neither of them cause aggro, and both can be a lifesaver.

Wings of Protection does tend to be underrated...but...

GUARDIAN LIGHT: Due to its cooldown, a lot of us don't use it. However, it is the oh *expletive* button that can save you.

Seal of God: Not used in pve a lot, and I barely see it in NW. (I've been factionless from the start, so Icant speak on TW. )

Thunderball: because the DOT hits normal through bless.

Silent seal and chromatic seal, with silent being the least used.

Still, the main one, if I have to choose only one...Guardian Light.

Same reasoning but I'd pick the sage buffs.

Plume shell is well known to be OP. Guardian light is a bit useless when purify spell and these buffs are readily available and often active.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
    edited July 2014
    veronicae wrote: »
    Wow... b:surrender
    Same reasoning but I'd pick the sage buffs.

Plume shell is well known to be OP. Guardian light is a bit useless when purify spell and these buffs are readily available and often active.

True. But i use it when I get quick and unexpected aggro. Especially if one of my IH hits and the puller already moved. That allows me to live a bit longer and adjust. I usually use this in conjunction with wings of protection and plume shell to boost my defenses exponentially for a short time. Its true that its usage is limited...but I chose it because I almost never see it used.

Sage buffs do come in a good second though. Even sage magic shell...through it on an arcane tank,and watch them do loads of damage. Lol.

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.

• ZentDreigon - Raging Tide
    ZentDreigon - Raging Tide Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'm gonna say Wings of Protection is very underrated. I use it a lot and it saves so many butts. Usually I get good feedback about it in squads.

Also, I see a squishy cleric getting aggro and not using Guardian Light. I mean, why? It might give time for someone else to aggro. Or time to heal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    > A demon is driven by desire, pure desire, that cannot be stopped by reason or logic. - Mo Zun
    > Believing in demons doesn't mean believing in evil. Demons are not necessarily an evil thing. - Chin Wuming
  • Bezdna - Dreamweaver
    Bezdna - Dreamweaver Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Ultraviolet Dance. Makes me cry anytime I'm in squad with multiple clerics one of whom is dedicated to healing. There's no reason for the others not to go UVD and at the very least cast Mark of Weakness on the boss, but nope...
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Ultraviolet Dance. Makes me cry anytime I'm in squad with multiple clerics one of whom is dedicated to healing. There's no reason for the others not to go UVD and at the very least cast Mark of Weakness on the boss, but nope...

And this brings me to the most underrated skil in my opinion, Mark of Weakness. It is a great debuff at bosses, and many clerics neglect the use of it in PVP since it does not wake the targets.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Silent Seal : Very few clerics use it, but it can be very handy in many situations. Prime example is puppets in Aba weekly - locking them in place for a few seconds prevents them from resetting or running to their friends - but any mob that tends to run away is a valid target for this ability.

Sage Magic Shell : Situational, but it can help wizzies and mystics a lot in bossfights to reduce their channel times.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Seal of God should really be used more often. A cleric and I managed to keep a R999 robe stuck in place long enough for people to capture flags and win with impunity during NW. Not Seal of God alone in this case but it contributed a lot.

2 clerics can pretty much stop any one OP character from doing anything in CTA.

In TW, if you can SoG the right person and have communication, it's like area denial. It's like some dumbass just decided to immune under a shower of Barrage and get everyone around him killed, except you made him immune under a shower of Barrage.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Seal of God should really be used more often. A cleric and I managed to keep a R999 robe stuck in place long enough for people to capture flags and win with impunity during NW. Not Seal of God alone in this case but it contributed a lot.

2 clerics can pretty much stop any one OP character from doing anything in CTA.

In TW, if you can SoG the right person and have communication, it's like area denial. It's like some dumbass just decided to immune under a shower of Barrage and get everyone around him killed, except you

made

him immune under a shower of Barrage.
    This looks like a NECRO!

Quilue - Sanctuary replied to a message that was 2 months 6 days 20 hours 35 minutes old.

Any thread over one month (30 days) old is considered to be a dead thread and you're not supposed to post in them. The person you are replying to probably doesn't care any more or can no longer be found on the forums. The topic itself could be out of date. Next time just make a new thread.

Let's see how long it takes for a mod to close this :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Most underrated combo is Shell+Wings+Light. The god of god modes, have fun fishfaces. huehuehue
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
    edited October 2014
    Most underrated combo is Shell+Wings+Light. The god of god modes, have fun fishfaces. huehuehue

I love this combination. I've used it in PVE when things got really rough. Definitely an underrated combo by far.

• XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary
    XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary Posts: 1,173 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    When I'm on my cleric I definitely don't take advantage of plume shell or guardian light as much as I should.

In others I notice a lot of the time clerics don't take advantage of the offensive debuffs. I get not using dimensional seal when there's a barb in squad, but elemental seal is a must and can usually be done even if you're the only cleric in squad. Unless you're the only cleric in squad, mark of weakness is huge too unless you are with a bunch of people who somehow have 100% crit anyway. *hint, they don't all have 100% crit*

Also, Pious Blessing is not utilized as much as it should be. I know it is short acting and has a long cooldown, but if youre in UVD anyway this skill is OP if timed well.
    xSonOfCircex-105/103/102 Sage Wiz
    DrakeEmpress-101/102/103 Sage Cleric
    Gaygasm-101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer

Because I can't stand playing melee classes
  • Zaccy - Raging Tide
    Zaccy - Raging Tide Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    IH.

'Cause it's pretty much the only heal needed for 90% of PVE-stuff, if cleric knows his/her stuff. Underrated 'cause it has far more potential than most clerics think it has(even though it's known as kinda best heal).

Amen to that. As far as heals go, it is like 989457948574395933784 times stronger than BB. The only reason BB is used is because of really squishie characters that can't take 100% damage and because it is aoe.
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Most skills get used, but the two main ones right now would be Demon SG and Wings of Protection.

Demon SG as in recasting before combos, or while a target is slept and in between the CDs of UVD skills when going 1 on 1 in NW. Not many seem to recast it for the buff before nuking critters.

Wings is great for general purpose PvP, or in PvE as well. Some moron tank getting jacked up by the boss after Earthflame luring, or they didn't bother getting agro when running in to a group of mobs; toss that off until they do their job right. Acts as a heal almost, and generates no agro. Or if a squishy grabs agro and has no sense of self-preservation, toss IB followed by wings. The IB to start the stack healing, Wings keeps them from dying right away, and then stack more IBs.
  • demysama#9223
    demysama#9223 Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Oh well, then i must go to that server to show some things then b:cute
  • Sxelf - Archosaur
    Sxelf - Archosaur Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Purify people! Purify purify purify!!!! b:angry