Maintenance Discussion [7/29/14] COMPLETE

sparkiesoft
sparkiesoft Posts: 47
edited July 2014 in General Discussion
Hello all,

Tonight there will be a maintenance from 11PM PDT - 2AM PDT. There is no patch, just a restart.

Time Conversions: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140730T23&p1=224&ah=3

Maintenance Question: What kind of news would you like to be displayed on our news page? Or rather, what kind of news interests you the most when it comes to PWI?

Edit: There was a small minor item shop bug, that's being fixed, but it's not player facing. This is why you may see a small patch, but the maintenance is really for the restart.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    First non-human reply!

The latest manual patch appears to be: Patch 800-801 0.9MB (900403 bytes)
    It is weirdly small for some reason.

This patch hasn't been officially listed yet.
    : What kind of news would you like to be displayed on our news page? Or rather, what kind of news interests you the most when it comes to PWI?
    The news is that there are some many possible experiences out there and yet one only experiences one of them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• GreenLegend - Archosaur
    GreenLegend - Archosaur Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Upcoming Game Updates would be great to see! The progress PWI is going through.

Example: We just got this from China, working out kinks, faced an entire grammatical issue with new patches, etc.

I feel this may be nice to see that PWI is doing something, as well as create some sort of log to see their own progress. :)

*First Green Human Reply
    Dreams are just dreams...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Hello

Needs all those events from earlier this year - twilight survivor etc

Needs inventory space. That's all.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Warning you're gonna be playing with site code would be nice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited July 2014
    First non-human reply!

The latest manual patch appears to be: Patch 800-801 0.9MB (900403 bytes)
    It is weirdly small for some reason.

This patch hasn't been officially listed yet.
    The news is that there are some many possible experiences out there and yet one only experiences one of them.
    Just a restart, but there's a patch? Someone's smoking something funny. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • c44102
    c44102 Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Here is something that i know my self and im sure a TON of others would like. NO MORE BOTTING WHERE WE DO OUR BQ AND MORAI DAILYS b:angry Serously it just took my 30 min to kill 15 freaking mobs because as soon as i would tab on to a mob it would die due to the 20+ people Botting THERE !!!!!!!
  • artemissz
    artemissz Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Can you guys stop doing midweek sales and announce the sales/events you do ahead of time such as after a maintenance it's really annoying.
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited July 2014

This is what I would like to see; I also wonder if they really have good future plans.

Those unknown future plans are what keep me luring forums, even when I am not playing anymore.
  • Liveena - Heavens Tear
    Liveena - Heavens Tear Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Maintenance Question: What kind of news would you like to be displayed on our news page? Or rather, what kind of news interests you the most when it comes to PWI?

What news I really want?

Breaking News: PWI GM to reinforce EULA of two account per person

Also in the news :
    - agreement made with PWI china for independent game update
    - NEW DQ reward point introduced
    - Various fix to glitch and bugs
    - Sweetiebot to appear in game as NPC rivaling Duke shouts

b:laugh
    Heaven Tear

Liveena 102/102/102 Demon Cleric
    Milfeena 103/102 Demon BM
    Silpheena 104/103/102 Sage R9S3 Seeker
    Cieleena 101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer
  • Kyanelle - Heavens Tear
    Kyanelle - Heavens Tear Posts: 562 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Really surprised by the lack of responses.

I would like to see updates informing the players of where PWI is up to with the replacement system for DQ rewards, upcoming updates and patches and progress of fixes etc.

Something right out there, an apology to all the players from PWI for letting the game get into its current state including letting those that utilized bugs to gain an advantage and were never punished. Along with the goon exp being back to what it use to be so everyone can now use the glitch to power level to 105.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Karma will get you when you least expect it. What goes around comes around.

It's called Karma and it's pronouced "haha f you"
  • Highestelf - Heavens Tear
    Highestelf - Heavens Tear Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Example: We just got this from China, working out kinks, faced an entire grammatical issue with new patches, etc.

I feel this may be nice to see that PWI is doing something, as well as create some sort of log to see their own progress. :)

*First Green Human Reply

I had the same thought as you, BUT seeing your post led me to realize the consequences if they did provide advance info on upcoming changes/additions.

You know there are far too many whiners out there, that would constantly ***** and gripe about how long PWI is taking, or missed deadlines. They can't help themselves, they just have to be ******** about something and this would just be more fuel for the fire.
  • GreenLegend - Archosaur
    GreenLegend - Archosaur Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I had the same thought as you, BUT seeing your post led me to realize the consequences if they did provide advance info on upcoming changes/additions.

You know there are far too many whiners out there, that would constantly ***** and gripe about how long PWI is taking, or missed deadlines. They can't help themselves, they just have to be ******** about something and this would just be more fuel for the fire.

Ah, thought of that, but figured no deadlines... just give a progress report as to where they stand.
    For example, the last update regarding DQ rewards was that China had to build something with ARC and PWI; which PWE can't touch without them. So 0 progress, just an annoying waiting game. In the same post as that info, sparkie hinted at content which I would like to see a progress on

*In July Update thread
    Dreams are just dreams...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • purechaosbaby87
    purechaosbaby87 Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    how about the GMs do what they use to back in the day and use the system message to communicate to us, keep wc drama under controll. why add a special peice of programming when you already have the capability.
  • lyzbeth
    lyzbeth Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    an announcment that you have brought back DQ points!
  • Sheswes - Heavens Tear
    Sheswes - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,216 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Hello all,

Tonight there will be a maintenance from 11PM PDT - 2AM PDT. There is no patch, just a restart.

Time Conversions: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140730T23&p1=224&ah=3

Edit: There was a small minor item shop bug, that's being fixed, but it's not player facing. This is why you may see a small patch, but the maintenance is really for the restart.

bye bye event charms? :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    scruuuuuuuubs killa b:cute Nation War champion b:cool
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    sontzu wrote: »

I suggest you read the current tos; there is no limit on the number of accounts allowed per person. There is a limit of 2 accounts ONLINE simultaneously, but even that is not in the tos, just in the load screen notices.

I would like to see updates on bug fixes/the DQ system replacement also (nhmb)
    • You may only have 2 accounts per person, regardless of how many computers you own.

There isn't a viable reason to create an excessive number of accounts, so any suspicious activity from now on will be fully dealt with. We aren't going to punish you for having existing accounts prior to this rule, but you can only be online on two at once at the most.

*Note: Excessive account creation has been and will continued to be pursued. Provided you did not abuse this before, you should have nothing to worry about.

It's 2 accounts unless the accounts were created prior to that announcement.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • purechaosbaby87
    purechaosbaby87 Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    first thing i did when i started playing pwi (over 5 years ago) was spam up hundreds of accounts. because new games always give away free things when they first come out, so glad i did, i only use 2 at a time but hypotheticly i have hundreds, just never bother with most, if curios last time i counted/ checked my notbook i had 170+.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    PWI Update

1) Glitch 1 - Not being fixed, not being looked at, live with it
    2) Glitch 2 - can not be recreated, will not be fixed
    3) Glitch 3 - Does not exist
    4) PQ 3 - Ummm *silence*
    5) Glitch 5 - We are working on it, keep a look out for future updates in our future patch notes

Something along the above line would help.

PWI News

*Stuff*

Regarding glitches
    We are working on them.
  • BadTanker - Raging Tide
    BadTanker - Raging Tide Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Hello all,

ohh nice to hear tat only small minor bug is there xD. there have PQ3, Genie Skill Animation, DQ Page still not working properly what about that minor bugs from 1 year DQ page not working, from 3-4 months Genie Skills & PQ3 is more than 6 months i think what u thinking abt it just working on it from long ??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sien - Heavens Tear
    Sien - Heavens Tear Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Crab people.
  • noodlepunch
    noodlepunch Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Personally, I would like to see everything in one place, particularly the news page. I don't like having to check facebook for information/codes or the forum,. Scouring thru posts to see replies to things that are buggy/glitchy is a pain and we should have ONE place to get all info.

Updates, upcoming events, codes, acknowledgement of things that are broken/buggy/glitched and reassurance they are being worked on and pretty much anything relating to the function/playability of the game.
  • Temeilion - Harshlands
    Temeilion - Harshlands Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Im truely surprized you asked this question

can you give us some options ..other than information and updates your clearly not able to release or have 0 information on yourself ?

Can we Request local weather and traffic ?

b:chuckle
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The servers are now down! Everyone start panicking!
    Ohh wait, this happens every maintenance.

Here's the server status:

West Coast Servers:
    Sanctuary (PVE) (pwigc2.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Heaven's Tear (PVE) (pwigc4.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Lost City (PvP) (pwigc3.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Archosaur (PvE) (pwiwest4.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE

East Coast Servers:
    Harshlands (PvP) (pwieast1.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Dreamweaver (PvE) (pwieast2.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Raging Tide (PvE) (pwieast3.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE

European Servers:
    Morai (PvE) (pwieu3.en.perfectworld.eu): OFFLINE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited July 2014

- Upcoming features and patches (~ 1 month ahead)
    - Upcoming sales, promotions and charge rewards etc (that will run the next week)
    - Current events and redeemable freebies. The kind you only post on Facebook. Not everyone uses facebook.

What do I not wish to see?
    - Promotions and such for games that are not PWI. That's just spam which is not relevant to PWI players at all. Annoying.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • LilyWinters - Archosaur
    LilyWinters - Archosaur Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Firstly, I'd really like it if news posts stated correct deadlines and were proof read before being posted. Also, if mistakes were pointed out, that they be corrected instead of left wrong.

Aside from that, pretty much what everyone else has mentioned. There is a general consensus among the player base that the game wont last much longer because staff on this side and China's side don't really give a **** about it anymore. Regardless of the validity of that claim, at this stage, it would do more good than harm to let us all know the state of things. I am pretty sure there was mentioned before that China doesn't give permission to PWE staff to divulge much, if any, information to the players so I really don't see this happening. But it would be nice to not be stuck in limbo for once on things.

Also, and possibly more of a blog post, I'd like to see one of the developers from PWCNs version make a guest appearance after spending atleast a week playing PWEs version giving an honest opinion on all the lovely things that aren't working properly. b:cute
    Whoever said nothing is impossible never tried slamming a revolving door.
  • Maxxxson - Dreamweaver
    Maxxxson - Dreamweaver Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    ohh nice to hear tat only small minor bug is there xD. there have PQ3, Genie Skill Animation, DQ Page still not working properly what about that minor bugs from 1 year DQ page not working, from 3-4 months Genie Skills & PQ3 is more than 6 months i think what u thinking abt it just working on it from long ??

Stop sprouting this stupid rumor about PQ3 not working.

PQ3 works fine, they patched it to make it unable to be completed with multiclienting abuse now.If you run it solo on your 1 Class its fine as long as you simply retake quests and are quick to retake it after boss dies.
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited July 2014
    Here are tonight's manual patches:

EN:
    783-801
    800-801

DE:
    293-312
    311-312

FR:
    253-269
    268-269
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Sweetiebot please post server status.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • frozenterror
    frozenterror Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    c44102 wrote: »
    Here is something that i know my self and im sure a TON of others would like. NO MORE BOTTING WHERE WE DO OUR BQ AND MORAI DAILYS b:angry Serously it just took my 30 min to kill 15 freaking mobs because as soon as i would tab on to a mob it would die due to the 20+ people Botting THERE !!!!!!!

Here's and Idea.....if youre an a pvp server.....KILL THEM ALL :).......if youre not.....quit and start on a pvp server xD