What has changed?

Eeyes - Harshlands
Eeyes - Harshlands Posts: 46 Arc User
edited August 2014 in General Discussion
I last played in the Desecent xpac, and I am wandering what has changed since then? Since I plan on returning, I'm wandering if there is enough new things to keep me longer then it has been able to, or if it's going to just be a filler for when the other MMO I play is down for reset on Tuesdays/ maintence.

All im asking is a bit of information on what has changed since then, etc etc.
Leave no one behind

A.R.K
Post edited by Eeyes - Harshlands on

Comments

• purechaosbaby87
    purechaosbaby87 Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    nothing new, if you arent a cash player you get crapped on, tickets dont get answered, oh and if you get good gear with out cashing expect a boot...cash players get away with everything now
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Descent was a while back so...

Gear has expanded pretty far. There's a third version of Nirvana gear (usually called G16) which is comparable to rank 9. That's endgame for free-to-play people. There's a third version of rank 9 which is much more powerful than anything before it. There are also cards which you can equip regardless of gear, this is the new new endgame thing people are working on currently.

Nation Wars is a new PVP thing on Friday and Sunday nights. It's pretty fun but prepare to be one-shot a lot if you haven't been playing in a while.

There's a new area like Morai called the Primal World. You can go there after you reawaken your character (start back at level 1 again). It has some upgrades to existing skills and some new dailies. You can reawaken your character twice. You get a large boost to xp from level 1 to 100 so it doesn't take long to relevel at all. You can also dump xp into your previous characters if they weren't at 105 yet, which gives you extra stat points (a *lot* of extra stat points for hitting 105).
  • Eeyes - Harshlands
    Eeyes - Harshlands Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Descent was a while back so...

Gear has expanded pretty far. There's a third version of Nirvana gear (usually called G16) which is comparable to rank 9. That's endgame for free-to-play people. There's a third version of rank 9 which is much more powerful than anything before it. There are also cards which you can equip regardless of gear, this is the new new endgame thing people are working on currently.

Nation Wars is a new PVP thing on Friday and Sunday nights. It's pretty fun but prepare to be one-shot a lot if you haven't been playing in a while.

There's a new area like Morai called the Primal World. You can go there after you reawaken your character (start back at level 1 again). It has some upgrades to existing skills and some new dailies. You can reawaken your character twice. You get a large boost to xp from level 1 to 100 so it doesn't take long to relevel at all. You can also dump xp into your previous characters if they weren't at 105 yet, which gives you extra stat points (a *lot* of extra stat points for hitting 105).

Primal World sounds really interesting. I have to ask though, does the Reawakening require your character to be a certain level?
    Leave no one behind

A.R.K
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Stuff prices are away higher nowb:chuckle

You can also refer to the other threads of returning players, they all ask the same question.
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Primal World sounds really interesting. I have to ask though, does the Reawakening require your character to be a certain level?

For each reawakening, your character must be at least level 100+.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • gameoveryoulost
    gameoveryoulost Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    nothing new, if you arent a cash player you get crapped on, tickets dont get answered, oh and if you get good gear with out cashing expect a boot...cash players get away with everything now

Do you even know what your talking about?. "If you get good gear without cashing expect a boot" huh?. Ive farmed R9 with spending about 50 bucks in the years Ive played PWI and Im still going strong... so please dont give people false facts.
  • SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited July 2014

primal,morai,the outside map..its all dailies dude,you go in complete a daily and go back out and really don't even pay attention to the detail the game creators have added to this game.Its just all about getting stupid dailies done in this game.
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Do you even know what your talking about?. "If you get good gear without cashing expect a boot" huh?. Ive farmed R9 with spending about 50 bucks in the years Ive played PWI and Im still going strong... so please dont give people false facts.

This is one of these happy rich-poor boys again ... Please, look at AH and tell us, how many R9 sets per day can buy players, if they will be able to buy all gold, existing in Auction House ?

None ? Or 0.00001 of the R9 set ?
    Then why you lie to us ?

If you could buy R9 set, because other players could not buy gold (I even not say about full R9 set), then it is bad.
  • jwillson123
    jwillson123 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014

full R9r3 is nothing these days sadly.

JoD are out of reach to F2p players these days.
    a DoD sells for 180m easy.
    DoD x 3 = 540 for a JoD

540m x 24 = 12,960 billion.
    Also even if you see it a catshop it would not take long for someone to buy it.

Full S cards = 2800 gold according to the simulation you can find it somewhere on the forums.

If you play in Pvp server you lucky the economy have not been destroyed there like it was in Pve servers thanks to auto cultivation.

My advice is to not come back to the game if your goal is to be fully end game gear and dominate in pvp unless you are a heavy cash shopper.
    There are people in my server that have cashed over 20,000$+ and they are almost unkillable with a maxed gear and maxed S card set.

The economy is very bad and getting worse none stop...
    From january since auto cultivation was implement prices have double or tripled in end game items like Jod,Cogs and Scroll of tome is over 2 billion right now
    Do you want PWI to fix the economy before is to late?
    please support Perfect World International Forum > Suggestion Box
    > Limit Auto Cultivation to 1 hour just like Hyper stones
  • peckked
    peckked Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I dunno about what everyone else is saying.. but if you have some old "junk" lying around you might wanna do some research. I've a friend who returned to game after being gone for ~3-4 years. He found 17 DoTs and 9 DoDs on a lowbie alt of his that weren't worth much when he left. Needless to say he caught up.
  • Bedazzling - Sanctuary
    Bedazzling - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    full R9r3 is nothing these days sadly.

JoD are out of reach to F2p players these days.
    a DoD sells for 180m easy.
    DoD x 3 = 540 for a JoD

540m x 24 = 12,960 billion.
    Also even if you see it a catshop it would not take long for someone to buy it.

My advice is to not come back to the game if your goal is to be fully end game gear and dominate in pvp unless you are a heavy cash shopper.
    There are people in my server that have cashed over 20,000$+ and they are almost unkillable with a maxed gear and maxed S card set.

The economy is very bad and getting worse none stop...
    From january since auto cultivation was implement prices have double or tripled in end game items like Jod,Cogs and Scroll of tome is over 2 billion right now

The prices on PWI are high because people selling know they can charge that amount because people are willing to pay for it. In 2 years I have seen perfect chi stones go from 850 to over 3000. Do I buy them now,, no.....I boycott the high prices. I suggest anyone who has a problem with high prices of items, to boycott them. These boycotts will force the sellers to lower prices. Google boycotts in the 1900's (probably main ones are in the '70's). Read about them, learn from them, IMPLEMENT them.