• Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Watcha doing stealing my old forum signature D;
  • Devilskarma - Raging Tide
    Devilskarma - Raging Tide Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Watcha doing stealing my old forum signature D;
    Found it on another game's forums... apparently they liked it too, they had it as their forum sig over there b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Welcome to PWI b:chuckle

....Hahaha very accurate.

What would be MORE accurate would be the 'free user' having '5 year veteran' as a title also. Then the CS'er having 'Joined 3 months ago' as a title, chewing bubble gum, and flicking the opponent into oblivion with one flick of a finger....

EDIT...don't get me wrong, I DO believe the CS'ers keep it free for the rest of us.....
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Welcome to every P2W MMO ever, PWI is not unique in it.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited July 2014

lol@ that 3 years old PWI comment. Some things never change.b:chuckle
  • Vedovis - Lost City
    Vedovis - Lost City Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    lol@ that 3 years old PWI comment. Some things never change.b:chuckle

Yikes, it's been 3 years already since then.. b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

| Signature made by Fishy!~ | Semiretired |
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited July 2014
    Welcome to every P2W MMO ever, PWI is not unique in it.
    No, but I think the level of power creep here is exceptionally high compared to most.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    No, but I think the level of power creep here is exceptionally high compared to most.

It is actually not that bad here. Most chinese -> US transfered games are a lot worse/expensive than PWI is. It was a huge surprise when I started playing here how cheap r9 was compared to other game's "end" gear.
    Surely you have to upgrade it more, but you have 100% refinements here. Something other games never had (thanks to that I sincerely hate any sorts of refinements and still think even Dragon Orbs might fail some time :P).

Other games also have corrupt GM's selling high-stacks of items for lower prices to 'Whales', making the gap between f2p/minor p2p's as big as over 6 times the stats/hp. Pretty much imagine someone in PWI have 500k HP, around 180k-200k atk ratings, compared to people who have spend around 5-10k USD and walk around with 30k HP/50-70k atk ratings. Trying to equal those stats would take around 500k USD the normal way, but only 50k (yes it's still alot but not to them) through the dirty GM's on those games.

PS: Now imagine that 500k HP person to be your server's biggest emptyheaded pk'er who hunts everything regardless if they're trying to fight or quest. Sounds fun right?b:bye
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    It is actually not that bad here. Most chinese -> US transfered games are a lot worse/expensive than PWI is. It was a huge surprise when I started playing here how cheap r9 was compared to other game's "end" gear.
    Surely you have to upgrade it more, but you have 100% refinements here. Something other games never had (thanks to that I sincerely hate any sorts of refinements and still think even Dragon Orbs might fail some time :P).

Other games also have corrupt GM's selling high-stacks of items for lower prices to 'Whales', making the gap between f2p/minor p2p's as big as over 6 times the stats/hp. Pretty much imagine someone in PWI have 500k HP, around 180k-200k atk ratings, compared to people who have spend around 5-10k USD and walk around with 30k HP/50-70k atk ratings. Trying to equal those stats would take around 500k USD the normal way, but only 50k (yes it's still alot but not to them) through the dirty GM's on those games.

PS: Now imagine that 500k HP person to be your server's biggest emptyheaded pk'er who hunts everything regardless if they're trying to fight or quest. Sounds fun right?b:bye

I've actually played worse as well. I think whether or not you've played worse definitely influences your view on PWI. Like this game isn't the best managed by any means but when you've played worse you realize how much better PWI is by comparison.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Alphaben - Raging Tide
    Alphaben - Raging Tide Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Boomz - Harshlands
    Boomz - Harshlands Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I've actually played worse as well. I think whether or not you've played worse definitely influences your view on PWI. Like this game isn't the best managed by any means but when you've played worse you realize how much better PWI is by comparison.

The same can also be said from the other side if you have played a game that is managed well, updated weekly, very transparent, etc.
    ░░░░███████]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂ cause i can't make art, so i made
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤this awesome tank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 1 shot king. LV 150 FSP bosses hit for 3m. Top Player hit record: 652,656.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited July 2014

This game doesn't deserve any hate it receives for being poorly designed or managed. Yes, it has flaws; I'm not saying sins aren't broken as hell right now or that there haven't been recent (past year) blemishes by management. Complaints about recent events, sure, those are warranted, but don't go saying the entire game is garbage and always has been. This game has managed a pretty good run and honestly sins being broken isn't any more imbalanced than what you could expect from any other MMO; perfect balance is rare and there's typically always "that class" that everyone says is broken and is universally understood to be broken. That's minor though in the big picture of things.

However, and I'm not trying to be a downer here, but I think this is the time people need to start getting ready to accept this game could be on it's way out. Right now the game is facing several issues economically, balance-wise and in the sense of providing new players with an incentive to actually start the game. Yes there are new people joining, but it's not enough to sustain the community. The problem is the developers simply are NOT providing the proper setting to encourage a healthy economy or encourage new players to join. The War Avatar system is basically -the- important thing of the game right now, but it contributes very very little to the economy due to most items being character-bound and spirit only discourages new characters as you find yourself playing an excessive amount of time just to MATCH people's spirit. Remember your first character? Let's say 2 months of leveling on your own is a fair estimate to hit 100 for the first time. After that? You need N3 or r9rr, which requires heavy farming of TT and Warsong, with Warsong being run less and less because again it cannot be farmed for cash profit like TT, so finding a squad for it is increasingly difficult. After that you STILL need about 3 months of primal dailies just to have respectable spirit. Even then, you still cannot hope to catch up to players who are vigilant with their dailies and do them every day but have played longer than you. There's this disgustingly unfriendly "sweet spot" we're in where players gain ~1 spirit a day without excess merchanting or CSing (so everyone gains spirit at the same rate and cancels each other out) and that'll remain the case until everyone's rocking S cards that reach level 80. Even THEN, people are gonna be maxing out attack and defense cards next while new players are still on spirit. The point is that NOTHING about the current state of the game screams "built to last" and yet we hear limited news of any overhauls or updates that address these issues. Non-tradeable items have only increased in prevalance over time, and if they truly wished to fix ALL the issues in one fell swoop, it'd be as simple as making War Avatar cards tradeable. That would kickstart the economy and allow people more chances to obtain spirit without needing to farm daily - or more importantly - without the fear of permanently falling 20-30 spirit behind if you happen to go on vacation for a month.

All I'm saying is from a purely logical perspective, this game appears to be on it's last legs. This could change with a proper update, but as it stands now? Those above problems WILL kill the game. Personally, I don't think it's quite fair to judge the quality of the game as a whole based on these past months of gameplay since war avatar cards came out. This is a point where honestly, it DOESN'T feel like the devs are even managing the game and leaving it on autopilot, and of course this creates a feeling of apathy both amongst the community and the general management (GMs etc). To be fair, the update before this one? Nation war, which was an update that was pretty much universally loved. That a game could continue to make good updates so long after development is pretty respectable. That this last update is causing problems left and right...? Honestly, that might be because that's intended. They gotta shut down the servers one way or another... ;P
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Anri_Rose - Archosaur
    Anri_Rose - Archosaur Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I came here to say pretty much what Longknife just got done saying in the post above me. HELL I love PW, I have always enjoyed the game even though I was never a top player or even got my Wiz to 100 ( i still have time for that maybe b:chuckle )

I loved the style of the game, the players were fun and crazy, and the game was just great fun, even after the Fishies came and all the later expansions, it was still fun. But after this whole Primal world came out it stopped being fun for most of us casual players. There was no way to make money, no one wanted to do anything lower then FC runs. Most players just started rushing to 100 over and over again with this rebirth system.

Longknife is spot on with what he said that its likely that we will have to accept that PW will most likely die off sooner rather then later. Its been a great time with you all though and I hope that everyone keeps in touch with the friends they made here after the game closes one day.
    Where have all the mages gone. Long time casting.
    Who altered my siggy im
    kinda scared b:shocked
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    The same can also be said from the other side if you have played a game that is managed well, updated weekly, very transparent, etc.

Very true. Although to be fair we get more of the people on the forum who talk about that then the ones that talk about ways that PWI does things better, even though it does have plenty of good things going for it which is why it's survived as long as it did. Although this is a development detail as opposed to management, I still haven't played many games that had as much customization as this one does.

-snip-

I agree with a lot here but I do think the new player writing has been on the wall since FC replaced lowbie BH runs in almost the entirety. Nation wars was an excellent update for the established players, but we have been new player hostile for around now. I think there has been too much rewards given for completely ignoring new people. Personally I think they need to make the war avatars tradeable, put catalysts (among other things such as silver charms) in an NPC as a coin sink, disable bots and then do some advertising to attract new people. I also think we need some new PVP things, although hopefully the new PVP thing is coming down the pipeline with the catapults we saw. And we need some kind of legacy content since the last expansion killed what was left of the point of doing lowbie content. It can't all be about established players. I don't typically think of the game as dying though until we see the signs from the corporation that they no longer feel it's worth investing in. Like other games PWE ended stopped receiving maintenance long before they died and I'd expect a similar thing here. Until then we can still get fixes to counteract some of these problems. They pretty successfully made APS still worthwhile while not being the end-all be all for example, and before that was killing the game.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!