Star's destiny or Moon's Embrace?

DeathVark - Raging Tide
DeathVark - Raging Tide Posts: 56 Arc User
edited July 2014 in Blademaster
Obviously I know that BMs lack elemental defense and neck and ring is recommended elemental, rather than physical, however I stumbled across rather cheap +12 Badge of Cube physical and started thinking about our accuracy and the fact that Star's destiny will give same att and def levels, but +50% accuracy to compliment R9 ring.
so the question is: is this path viable? keep all phys accessories for big phys def base and keep mage marrow up at all times in mass pvp/tw/nw that will bring average defenses to about the same.
I am working on Dervish axe, need damn badges lol and don't have NW R9 ring yet, but put it in a build for illustration purposes.
what do you guys think?

http://pwcalc.com/b1400cd545a14641
Post edited by DeathVark - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Go with Star's Destiny. With cards and passives there's just no real reason to choose Moon's Embrace. With your marrow your Mdef is already more than enough to tank a caster in 1v1, and in group PvP you'll have Cleric buffs to boost it even higher. Get Star's Destiny, get the extra physical attack and accuracy, and be a total boss.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Been thinking about this a lot for my barb too.

Ornies of course magic, no doubt.

The ring physical is the standard because it gives accuracy and attack dmg.

I contemplated deviating from the standard and goign for moons embrace because mdef is so much nicer than pdef.

The loss of accuracy i dont care that much about. The loss of attack damage much more. So i think i stay with star destiny as a favorite. Espescially cuz now i have **** shads and only +10, kinda squichy still so that makes the mdef look really nice. If you are JOSD/vit and +12, i think the attack damage counts much heavier.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • DeathVark - Raging Tide
    DeathVark - Raging Tide Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Go with Star's Destiny. With cards and passives there's just no real reason to choose Moon's Embrace. With your marrow your Mdef is already more than enough to tank a caster in 1v1, and in group PvP you'll have Cleric buffs to boost it even higher. Get Star's Destiny, get the extra physical attack and accuracy, and be a total boss.

exactly, I forgot about passives b:cry and even though we have a couple "never miss" skills with sins and dam archers 600-700 Dex and evasion need accuracy a lot.
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Id say Sky cover upgrade. Moons embrace is useful if you need the Mdef AND chan (sins archers seekers), but for a BM its neglegable with marrows. And I dont know any bm skills that have a long chan.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    R9 ring upgraded version refines for mdef. No need to put on two mdef rings.
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    exactly, I forgot about passives b:cry and even though we have a couple "never miss" skills with sins and dam archers 600-700 Dex and evasion need accuracy a lot.

600-700 dex archer low on dex, same with sin. W/o emperor and with low levels my r9t3 archer is around 720 dex. My aps set sin is gonna break 600 dex when I get 1 more level on historical. Real "endgame" archers and sins will be landing 800-900 dex, some breaking the 900.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop