Genie

Kevyy - Harshlands
Kevyy - Harshlands Posts: 213 Arc User
edited September 2014 in Wizard
I recently bought a 94LP Discipline genie and I cant decide if I should put 51 vit & 65 mag or 55 vit & 61 mag. What should I do?
Post edited by Kevyy - Harshlands on

Comments

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    Enough vit for your highest energy skill with a bit left over for a low energy skill or for two mid-level energy skills, rest in mag.

Though really it depends on your genie's skillset and what you're using it for. Also don't forget to take genie equipment into account.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Kevyy - Harshlands
    edited July 2014
    its a dex genie i'm mainly going to use it for survivability with lvl 1 windshield and lvl 10 aquaflame armor. I did add the genie gear.
  • AshenSkies - Heavens Tear
    AshenSkies - Heavens Tear Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    its a dex genie i'm mainly going to use it for survivability with lvl 1 windshield and lvl 10 aquaflame armor. I did add the genie gear.

Survival dex genie? You're doing it wrong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
    Thank you Silvychar for my siggy :)
  • Kevyy - Harshlands
    edited July 2014
    What do you mean?:O
  • Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver
    Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I think she means since its a dex genie build it for offence Spark/Extreme poison etc. Windshield could be helpfull and fortify ofc
    To think your OP is Fail, To know your role is OP
    Team work is Flawless,
    To think your better then the rest is shabby.

Blademaster - Celestial Demon
  • Shadowvzss - Harshlands
    Shadowvzss - Harshlands Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited July 2014

but if u stat vit mag then why do u use dex genie? zeal better, can put more on mag

i guess he/she mean useless use dex genie on non dex builds because u waste the points...

i guess u know after x stat u need 2 point for +1 stat right? with dex genie u can make high dex, with mag genie u can make high mag from same stat amount
  • AshenSkies - Heavens Tear
    AshenSkies - Heavens Tear Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited July 2014

If you're making a survival specific genie, I would not be using a dex build genie. A high vit/mag genie helps me survive way more than my dex genie ever could.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
    Thank you Silvychar for my siggy :)
  • Kevyy - Harshlands
    edited July 2014
    Here is the genie I recently bought I'm a full josd mage +7-10 atm. I honestly think dex builds offer better survivability than vit/mag builds because of wind shield, badge, fortify and aqua flame armor. I've decided when I hit 105 I'm putting 65 mag and 51 vit. http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=sqnls4&s=8#.U9boR7GKV8M
  • FaceRolI - Sanctuary
    FaceRolI - Sanctuary Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    new "stuns" purge gdbye
    full r999 91% chan wizzy b:kiss

Current build: pwcalc.com/bf1f46790766e26d
    LuLz: pwcalc.com/20f3fa96ab3c4dc0
  • Kevyy - Harshlands
    edited July 2014
    purge is inevitable :D
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    70+

i'd recommend
    http://aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator/#skills=041015363f515354&lev=105&lp=94&cls=6

with lvl 1 wind shield and lvl 1 cloud eruption
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    70+

i'd recommend
    http://aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator/#skills=041015363f515354&lev=105&lp=94&cls=6

with lvl 1 wind shield and lvl 1 cloud eruption

Eruption fist cannot be learn on Discipline.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Here are the stats on my genie that you asked for. http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=19049131&postcount=432 A little before I quit I just started using domain as my 8th skill, which I found much more useful than poison.

Generally the vit/mag of a genie depend more on your character gear than anything else, if you are a very tanky char that survives for long periods, mag is better in the long run, otherwise more vit usually wins. FYI, it will not be possible for you to have 51 vit + 65 mag on your genie, after you hit 61 mag (45 base + 16 from genie gear), every additional mag will require 2 points, whereas you can go up to 55 vit base at 1 point/vit. I think you'd be better off with 55vit/61mag at level 105 over 47vit/65 mag. Between those two choices, the 55vit/61 mag one would be better for the first 100 seconds your genie is regenning (and anytime your genie pool fills completely up it will restart the timer).. so I'd recommend the higher vit. With your gear, I'd actually probably prefer even higher vit, but that'd require you swapping out your genie gear, which I'm not sure you're willing to do.

In the past before the new "stuns", I think dex genies were fairly comparable to vit/mag genies in terms of survival, but now vit/mag clearly has an advantage. I still think dex genies are superior for wiz because of spark, it's just too important a skill for our class to give up, but realize in a comparison of just defense.. vit/mag are better.

If I were in your shoes I'd probably use a genie like this http://aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator/#skills=031027363f455153, although I may have been fighting different opponents than you. I tend to think with +7/+10 gear you'd be pretty squishy to end game sins/archers etc, and something like expel would be more useful than wind shield.. but it really just depends what you're fighting.

Good luck with w/e you decide :P
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Kevyy - Harshlands
    edited July 2014
    Yeah I am squishy atm even aps sins roll me if I don't get purify proc & genie c/d but I do have about 4bil worth of items on me so its only a matter of time till I can get full +10 with decent cards. Thanks for the feedback.
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    i believe expel is a pretty good response to chained paralyze that is what actually kills a wizard in mass pvp (as any other arcane too doe),

with dex\mag genie you have high energy regen to have it available sooner and expel will last longer aswell,
    also if you are expeld in mass pvp scenario, the little damage you will get from the magical attacks will trigger your purify helping you to get out of enemy AA or even to purify expel seal giving you opportunity to land skills being in p damage immunity
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • Boomz - Harshlands
    Boomz - Harshlands Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    purge wizzy is the way to go
    ░░░░███████]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂ cause i can't make art, so i made
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤this awesome tank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 1 shot king. LV 150 FSP bosses hit for 3m. Top Player hit record: 652,656.