BH best squad for each

Options
RamJoT - Dreamweaver
RamJoT - Dreamweaver Posts: 74 Arc User
edited August 2014 in Dungeons & Tactics
Anyone know of a matrix of BH quests and the best mix of classes for each?
I have not been doing invites much as each time I try I seem to get a real hard work squad.
When I get invited I most often get a good/fast squad.
So I am thinking I do not know enough about class mixes so am asking for help here.b:thanks
Post edited by RamJoT - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Most of BH can be soloed (hardest part is having enough people to open in case of EU/GV)
    So when talking about squad of ten people, even if some of them are not reborn or whatever, I think you can just pick any class available...
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    Options
    The best class combination? 10 people in +12 gears.

Considering they can be solo'd, you get to a point where class really doesn't matter. As long as you have someone that can fulfill the role of tank (and heals if said person can't solo) then any class combination can handle the run with ease.

Which is why I dislike when I see people in WC screaming for (insert specific class here) for a BH when said class can normally be easily replaced with no issues.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    The best class combination? 10 people in +12 gears.

Considering they can be solo'd, you get to a point where class really doesn't matter. As long as you have someone that can fulfill the role of tank (and heals if said person can't solo) then any class combination can handle the run with ease.

Which is why I dislike when I see people in WC screaming for (insert specific class here) for a BH when said class can normally be easily replaced with no issues.
    +1

not only for BH btw people asking reborns only for FC, seekers for FC rooms, sins/BMs only for FW mobless.

All of it is so 2012.

well the reborns only for FC is actually very 2014, but its ****, dont waste your time even making a squad for fc when youre reborn. Or if you do cuz else you feel lonely, let anyone in.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    If I make a BH squad I never ask for a specific class, I ask for the role I need which make thing faster. Often you will see people world chat for a while asking for a cleric or barb, sometime I'll start to make my squad after others in world chat and finish the BH and still see them asking for a barb & cleric.

Ask for what you need, healer, tank & DD, these days pretty much all classes can tank if they have gears so why bother and waste 30 minute to find a barb if anyone can tank? Same with cleric, mystic can solo heal pretty much all instances in the game, so why make your life harder asking for a cleric while maybe you could get a mystic that would do the same job.

Same for DD, sometime I see people asking ''Need magic DD, wizz and psy pm me'', hum okay, what about mystics and venos?

The people that have trouble making squad are people asking for specific class, every class can DD some more than others depending on the weapon and class. No need barb to tank, heck even when there's a barb it's usually someone else that is tanking cause the barbs cannot keep aggro on other classes like archer, psy, mystic etc..., in the majority of the FSP I was going I was getting aggro and was able to tank no problem and I'm not an end game mystic. For the healer job ask for a healer and if someone pm you saying ''mystic'' make sure with him that you take him as main healer, not as a DD, some mystics are actually better then some clerics to keep the squad alive.

So yea don't ask specific classes, ask for what you need, tank, healer and/or DD and personally I don't bother asking for people to link the weapons, by now majority of people are G16 or R9rr so it's not a huge deal. All BH can be run with any classes.

I personally avoid to take random sins for BH, there's too many undergear squishy sins with 5k hp that just keep dying and dying and making the BH longer cause they can't pass the rocks in Aba or just die at every mobs. I avoid random sins for all instance tbh unless I have no other pm.

There's no set up better than an other, I saw a squad of 5 clerics and 1 mystic doing BH GV easier than a squad with a bm, barb, wizz, psy, sin and cleric. GV is the easiet BH ever, but yet there's still people asking for a barb for pulling (which is usuless) and a cleric for BB, any non-**** mystic can solo heal BH GV, BB isn't needed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • RamJoT - Dreamweaver
    RamJoT - Dreamweaver Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Thank you guys.
    Asking for healer, tank and dd's seems to me to be the safest option.
    Will give it a try.
    b:pleased
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Assuming you don't get some overpowered "I-can-solo-the-whole-thing" character:

Abadon:
    1 cleric
    1 barb
    1 sin
    2 AOE DDs
    Rest random DDs

SOT:
    1 cleric
    1 barb or tanky char
    Rest random DDs

Lunar:
    1 Cleric
    1 Sin
    1 Seeker
    1 BM (HF at bosses)
    2 random DDs

Endless Universe:
    1 Cleric
    1 BM (HF/Glacial at 2nd boss for sparkkill)
    5 ranged DDs (Ghostwing flying)
    3 random DDs

Delta W2/W3:
    1 Cleric
    1 AOE DD (seeker, psy or wiz)
    4 random DDs

Twilight Temple 2-3:
    1 healer
    5 random DDs
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options

Abadon:
    1 cleric
    1 barb
    1 sin
    2 AOE DDs
    Rest random DDs

SOT:
    1 cleric
    1 barb or tanky char
    Rest random DDs

Lunar:
    1 Cleric
    1 Sin
    1 Seeker
    1 BM (HF at bosses)
    2 random DDs

Endless Universe:
    1 Cleric
    3 random DDs

Delta W2/W3:
    1 Cleric
    4 random DDs

Twilight Temple 2-3:
    1 healer
    5 random DDs

Don't listen to him, no specific class is needed for BH if people know what to do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • anaovt1
    anaovt1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Don't listen to him, no specific class is needed for BH if people know what to do.

You're right in that no specific class is needed, but it does make it easier if certain classes are there.

BP is nice. Tanks love it, clerics love it because we get to dd more, dds love it when they take agro. I try to always have a sin, and it's easy, since they're everywhere. For lower lvl bhs, especially if tank is an rb melee, BP can replace a healer.

BMs make a lot of things faster due to HF.

And I personally prefer seeker over barb for tanking BH Delta (what you guys call GV on other servers b:chuckle) because vortex (heh, did a full delta yesterday with an r9rr barb who didn't want to tank, so t2 bm and t2/tt90 seeker ended up tanking...)

But yeah, I agree, I find it so annoying when people spend an hour looking for a barb while a seeker pms them that they can tank, or same deal with cleric/mystic/even sage psy for some things.
    Camlyra-Raging Tides. Since the avatar is broken.

Cleric 103/103/102
    Seeker 102/102/101
    Wizard 101/101/101
    Psychic 102/99
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options

Question was "Best squad" not "what is needed to get it done". I determined classes accordingly, assuming all G15 +4-ish equipped. It's definately possible to do most of these BHs with a completely different party, but the mix of classes I posted makes it a lot easier, in my opinion.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Haroin - Raging Tide
    Haroin - Raging Tide Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Kitty on her any lvl 100 char, 1 healer and 4-8 DDs, gears don't really matter.
    Kittysama on barbie disguise.
    'Cause Kitty fell victim to Heartbleed-forced password changes =.='
    Cutest barbie on RT ^^
    "Kitty's Barbie girl, in the Kittyworld
    Life fluffytastic, it's Kittytastic!
    You can brush Kitty's fur, fashion makes Kitty purr
    Imagination, life is your creation
    Come on Barbie, FC-party!"
  • Testxvl - Sanctuary
    Testxvl - Sanctuary Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    When I'm making squad I always try get as many different classes I can. Different classes have different types of debuffs and skills, usually making runs more smooth. I especially like venos, bms, and seekers. Archers good too, and mystics... Barbarians... Well, all classes have their own benefits. I however ignore people that link weapon to me when I wc'ed, arent nobody gonna think just cause they some OP r999+12 character I will let them have a higher chance to get into squad. I only invite them if I didnt get more pms & cant be bothered to find anyone else.

I personally avoid to take random sins for BH, there's too many undergear squishy sins with 5k hp that just keep dying and dying and making the BH longer cause they can't pass the rocks in Aba or just die at every mobs. I avoid random sins for all instance tbh unless I have no other pm.
    I agree with this, too much bad experience getting random sins into BH squads.b:surrender
    This is a test
  • anaovt1
    anaovt1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    When I'm making squad I always try get as many different classes I can. Different classes have different types of debuffs and skills, usually making runs more smooth. I especially like venos, bms, and seekers. Archers good too, and mystics... Barbarians... Well, all classes have their own benefits. I however ignore people that link weapon to me when I wc'ed, arent nobody gonna think just cause they some OP r999+12 character I will let them have a higher chance to get into squad. I only invite them if I didnt get more pms & cant be bothered to find anyone else.

I'm starting to think I should make sins link armor rather than weapon. If I see one more sin trying to survive FS in unrefined ocean supreme without a charm....
    Camlyra-Raging Tides. Since the avatar is broken.

Cleric 103/103/102
    Seeker 102/102/101
    Wizard 101/101/101
    Psychic 102/99
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I ran w2 on my barb with 4 archers and a veno was a fun squad. Fastest killing squad I ever been in was my sin archer and 4 clerics. Most of the time i hardly even killed anything except the bosses.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    anaovt1 wrote: »
    I'm starting to think I should make sins link armor rather than weapon. If I see one more sin trying to survive FS in unrefined ocean supreme without a charm....

b:laugh Let's just ask everyone to link their pants or boots.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Keisari - Raging Tide
    Keisari - Raging Tide Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    b:laugh Let's just ask everyone to link their pants or boots.

Pants. 'Cause sins somehow always tend to lack them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kittysama - Raging Tide in APS-barb disguise, when avatars were bugged. Now posting again as Kittysama.
    Deleted old mains on Feb. 2014, back with every viable build covered, majority of them at or above non-rb 100.b:cute
    The Greatest APS-Panda on RT! 'Cause there's too much food in tables of Imperial palace.b:surrender
    Kitty's current average lvl ~94 b:shocked
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options

Abadon:
    1 cleric
    1 barb
    1 sin
    2 AOE DDs
    Rest random DDs

SOT:
    1 cleric
    1 barb or tanky char
    Rest random DDs

Lunar:
    1 Cleric
    1 Sin
    1 Seeker
    1 BM (HF at bosses)
    2 random DDs

Endless Universe:
    1 Cleric
    3 random DDs

Delta W2/W3:
    1 Cleric
    4 random DDs

Twilight Temple 2-3:
    1 healer
    5 random DDs

for SOT you may wanna add 1 or 2 mag DD for those psychical imunity mobs.
    giphy.gif