What generates pack luck?

Options
Pistdoff - Archosaur
Pistdoff - Archosaur Posts: 213 Arc User
edited August 2014 in General Discussion
Over the past 5 years ive spent over £5000 on this game buying packs and gear etc and never once gotten a script of fate or scroll of tome from anni packs. A noobie buys 500 packs and gets 2 Scroll Of Tome in 15mins.

Is there a method to increasing luck to actually getting someonething worth our money or is it selected IP accounts/ areas who get increased luck, kinda like driving tests where they only select a certain few to pass? lolol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
takes 3.3m
takes 6.1m
takes 7.1m
takes 6.0m

OVERKILL b:victoryb:dirtyb:victory
Post edited by Pistdoff - Archosaur on

Comments

• WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Ye, put your pot on the stove, mix 4 frog legs with 2 blue mushrooms, half a dozen oaknuts and 3 mice tails. Mix until it boils, then add 2 cow testicles. Let it cool and drink the potion, now your luck will be improved.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Pistdoff - Archosaur
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Ye, put your pot on the stove, mix 4 frog legs with 2 blue mushrooms, half a dozen oaknuts and 3 mice tails. Mix until it boils, then add 2 cow testicles. Let it cool and drink the potion, now your luck will be improved.

If only it was simple. nice attempt at a troll though.

Just to use as another reference, I bought and opened 300 anni packs today and got

2 Tokens of Best Luck
    4,470 Tokens of Luck
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    takes 3.3m
    takes 6.1m
    takes 7.1m
    takes 6.0m

• WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited July 2014
    Options
    woot picking up 3 GLP as i type !!!! b:pleased.

See my potion works
  • Pistdoff - Archosaur
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Funny how this is about packs and not drop rate b:cryb:laughb:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    takes 3.3m
    takes 6.1m
    takes 7.1m
    takes 6.0m

• WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Its luck too, for TT luck i added a teaspoon of salt. Without salt its good for packs.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Over the past 5 years ive spent over £5000 on this game buying packs and gear etc and never once gotten a script of fate or scroll of tome from anni packs. A noobie buys 500 packs and gets 2 Scroll Of Tome in 15mins.

Is there a method to increasing luck to actually getting someonething worth our money or is it selected IP accounts/ areas who get increased luck, kinda like driving tests where they only select a certain few to pass? lolol

That's because you're putting your £5000 into the stupidest of places.

If you knew where to put it, you would have walked away with £6000 worth of stuff. But hey, maybe you can throw more money at it and it'll fix itself?

b:cute
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Metalogue - Archosaur
    Metalogue - Archosaur Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    There is no such thing as luck. You can't increase your luck stat. It's merely chance and probability, and the John that won two SoTs scored on the 1 in x chance for that to happen.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    hope this topic i made earlier helps you.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1238011
  • SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I was going to troll on this thread but I think the OP trolled himself by admitting he spent 5k euro on this game.
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    What generates pack luck?

More packs.

It is all about probabilities.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I was going to troll on this thread but I think the OP trolled himself by admitting he spent 5k euro on this game.

Pounds !!

thats 8500 USD b:chuckle
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Pounds !!

thats 8500 USD b:chuckle

Child's play considering some of the numbers I've heard over the years. Amazes me, to no end.
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Child's play considering some of the numbers I've heard over the years. Amazes me, to no end.

I bought a boat for that kind of money. b:laugh Its big enough to cross oceans and to live on it. b:pleased
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Avid pack openers have decided that the % have been nerfd on opening packs. Do not open packs. Also I would love for them to bring back the pack spam from Duke Black to see if spam is comparable to 3-4 years ago. I know someone who would only open packs if he saw pack spam happening a lot.

Dear PWI bring back Duke Black spams please!
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    You need to find the lucky spots on the map and also to wear the right fashion is important.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Satyrion - Sanctuary
    Satyrion - Sanctuary Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Someone on Sanctuary got two SoT within a minute few hours ago.

I must admit I'm a little jealous. ^^
    youtube.com/user/Cebloon
    ~ not that there is that much to see (yet?)
  • Fae_Harpy - Archosaur
    Fae_Harpy - Archosaur Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    sontzu wrote: »
    pwi pack luck is based on the number of unicorns per second passing through your cpu

Well I can 100% confirm that it is not the number of unicorns over your CPU, because if it was, I would be loaded with pack items.
    AstriaFae
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I looked to the stars, my aim true.
    Heart peirced, the light flowed.
    And from the dust of Sagittarrius,
    I crafted a bow.
  • Pistdoff - Archosaur
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Can troll me all you want for spending that much money on a game b:cryb:laughb:cry
    That's loose change for me in terms of what I have and as I enjoy the game, I spend money on it. I just refuse to +12 Deity myself as I would then have nothing to aim for. Same way if others follow a football team and buy tickets to watch it everyweek.

I was only curious as it seems other accounts have much more pack luck than others. For example a friend of mine did FSP everyday for a month and in that time got the 10 A cards needed for the S card quest. I've done it everyday except maybe 7-8 times and still only on 5 A cards b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    takes 3.3m
    takes 6.1m
    takes 7.1m
    takes 6.0m

• Kijinka - Dreamweaver
    Kijinka - Dreamweaver Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    There is no such thing as luck. Only probability.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    For example a friend of mine did FSP everyday for a month and in that time got the 10 A cards needed for the S card quest. I've done it everyday except maybe 7-8 times and still only on 5 A cards b:shutup

You answered your question.

Friend does 1 month = 30 days fsp = 10 A cards = 1 A card every 3 days.

You do 22 days = 5 A cards = 4.4 days gives 1 A card.

Be happy dude, there are others who do it for a whole month and don't see A card.

You just need to figure out why you spend money in this game, beside that others can't help.
  • scruncy
    scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    who is stupid enough to spend their money on packs........
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    you know its a gamble >.> no matter how much $ you put in

altho sometimes pple like to open their pack in instances... and then change instances every xx packs. You could say its a player superstition for luck...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • elijahskorup
    elijahskorup Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    simple rng, it basically rolls and if you land on specific numbers based on the amount they put in to equate to certain items, you will receive certain items, the more times you roll the more chances you have at getting it but it is still the same rate, you can never get it to getting the item you want every time. the only thing that may help with this and i dont think people really can rng manipulate in this game due to limited data access is when a game goes and bases its rng on frames of time to player id, such rng like this can be manipulated but once again ofc you would not have access to data regarding the factors that involve this and arent supposed to in the first place. the one thing i always hoped these types of games would implement is like a table of the exact chances at getting speciifc items
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Keisari - Raging Tide
    Keisari - Raging Tide Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    scruncy wrote: »
    who is stupid enough to spend their money on packs........

Kitty haz good example:

Click here for example.

Kitty herself buys packs if she's in self-destructive mood, though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kittysama - Raging Tide in APS-barb disguise, when avatars were bugged. Now posting again as Kittysama.
    Deleted old mains on Feb. 2014, back with every viable build covered, majority of them at or above non-rb 100.b:cute
    The Greatest APS-Panda on RT! 'Cause there's too much food in tables of Imperial palace.b:surrender
    Kitty's current average lvl ~94 b:shocked
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    This is pack luck: http://s24.postimg.org/d2j1w6shh/2014_08_20_12_37_03.png

1 pack. Never opening again. x.x;;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute