Which way is better?

alphasobe
alphasobe Posts: 13 Arc User
edited July 2014 in Blademaster
Hi again i was wondering wich way is better for bm to go sage or demon and again thank you for youre info and patience and really apreciate it...
Post edited by alphasobe on

Comments

• Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Demon. There is no reason you should ever go Sage over Demon, unless you're doing it ironically for giggles.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Loshon - Archosaur
    Loshon - Archosaur Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    it depends upon your playstyle and whether you're plan on pve only or pvp too.

with that being said... jedi > sith
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Demon
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Demon

Obviously both have their pros and cons, but yea many feel that demon is the better choice in the end. (MANY being the keyword)
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited July 2014
    I dont know much about pvp, for pve its 200% demon cuz of HF and spark. those are less significant in pvp, so maybe it could be debatable there.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'm not a pro BM or anything, but my BM is demon and I don't really understand why people would go sage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Shadowvzss - Harshlands
    Shadowvzss - Harshlands Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'm not a pro BM or anything, but my BM is demon and I don't really understand why people would go sage.

i think only for long term buffer but other side now sage became more tankish in nw with NH def passive and 3rd sage spark but i feel more sage skill addon enough outdated
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    At the end of the day you fall in one of the two camps if you do nw, tw.

You are one shot, so cultivtion does not matter since you get no time to use skills.

You one shot the rest, at this point, culti is a personal preference.

Sage has good points now with primal updates. Makes them viable. Too many people made bm alts in the vana days, and went demon.

See what skills you use, what you do more, pve, nw, tw, pvp. What helps you enjoy the game more, and use that culti path.
  • Madebyvisa - Raging Tide
    Madebyvisa - Raging Tide Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    sage <3 i eat demon bm's for breakfast b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited July 2014
    At the end of the day you fall in one of the two camps if you do nw, tw.

You are one shot, so cultivtion does not matter since you get no time to use skills.

You one shot the rest, at this point, culti is a personal preference.

I like this philosophy b:chuckle
  • Alphaben - Raging Tide
    Alphaben - Raging Tide Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    In my experience:

Sage is more geared towards using less chi, which is often pointless if you have aps/claws (most of the sage BMs I've seen go almost pure axe build)

Demon seems to have more useful skill upgrades, like GS having 50% crits (along with the debuffs), MSS having 50% chance of aoe stun, and cyclone heel giving 20% aps boost (demon spark is 25%)

Demon skillbooks also seem to be cheaper then the sage counterparts on BM (except DHF of course)

I'd have to say Demon would be best, but you should look at the skills for yourself and decide which matches how you fight better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver
    Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The differance between Glacial Spike

Demon Glacial Spike = 50% chance to make all hits a crital hit for the following 5 sec there after
    vs
    Sage Glacial Spike = 50% chance to cost 1 spark only .

anyways I never been a sage BM so i wont speak negitive about them . However i do know Sage Bms got some nice versions of the primal skills regarding DD. Tho Demons in away did as well regarding CC.

Its commonly known any sage class has better mastery's and better chi management, but with few of the primals skills a Demon Bm can spit Chi thus having good chi management .

TheDan's guide explains why he recommends the Demon path in the subject of better defence. HOWEVER that was pre New Horizions being before the Primal Skills, things have changed and
    the subject could warrant a new debate. Im Demon and i love the crits, the buffs and the stuns. Aps its pretty much a thing to be placed in history other then the use for farming. But even at that ..its cheaper to make a 4-5 aps Bm going Demon then it is for sage. tbh even in pve the only time i even use fist now is for canceling or BoT or if im just being lazy killing mobs.

Heavens Flame is Heavens Flame everyone loves it but O HF is considerd the best Amp in the game. Go over the skill sets and it pretty much up to u which culty you are gonna prefer. Theres some Sage skills i wished i had and i pretty much sure theres Demon Skills a Sage Bm wished they had.
    To think your OP is Fail, To know your role is OP
    Team work is Flawless,
    To think your better then the rest is shabby.

Blademaster - Celestial Demon
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Demon for PVE
    Sage for PVP
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89