Best genie for Light armour build?

Feylonx - Harshlands
Feylonx - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
edited July 2014 in Wizard
I got myslef an affliction genie, and im wondering which genie would be the best for a light armour wiz? I heard that the starter skills are diff, but the rest stays the same. that true? If it is, then which skills should I take? And is it possible to change genies(not trade)? I know you can destroy them, but can you get another one after?
I know some of these are noob questions, so i appreciate the help.
Post edited by Feylonx - Harshlands on

Comments

• Moobysnax - Lost City
    Moobysnax - Lost City Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Probably the green genie. It's starting skill has a 30% elemental debuff for 4 seconds. Enough to get pyrogram or gush out for a little extra damage. Plus it has high dex and most genie skills benefit from a genie using alot of dex.
  • Feylonx - Harshlands
    edited May 2009
    aww...If I destroy my genie...will I be able to get another one? I know you have to pay 3 mirages for another one, but will you get to choose the genie you want? -.-
    Sigh...ill try to find a good trade :P
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Well, I'm personally trying out a build of mine, which I like to call "Wingman (or Wingwoman, if you wanna get technical)". My Inflction is focused on DEX and STR, with just enough VIT to make all of its skills useable, and a little MAG thrown in just to help out the restoration process a bit.

Her skills consist of Spark, which does some damage and reduces Fire resistance, so it's good for Pyrogram/Divine Pyrogram. She also has Earth Claw, which is just a good damage skill, dealing about 3k each time, usually more, because she seems luckier with crits than me, even though we share the same crit rate. Finally, she has Relentless Courage, an awesome buff which I mainly use for the decreased Chanelling. b:laugh

...however! This is not my dream build. My goal, after I hit 80 and restat affinites is this; first, I'm keeping Earth Claw, just because I love it. Second, I'm switching out Spark for Thunderstorm. It should do a bit more damage, and it's Metal element will help me take out Wood enemies! Finally, I'll be swapping out Elemental Weakness for Relentless Courage. I don't really worry much about channeling mid-battle, as I usually just gush/pyro/stone rain when need be...so I might as well go with a bit more extra damage. ^_^ Hope that helps...just don't copy me! b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Feylonx - Harshlands
    edited May 2009
    thanks for the info. You know what? Ill stick with my Affliction genie. I wont copy you, ill play my own way, but i might get inspired by it :P
  • BriarFoxy - Raging Tide
    BriarFoxy - Raging Tide Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I got myslef an affliction genie, and im wondering which genie would be the best for a light armour wiz? I heard that the starter skills are diff, but the rest stays the same. that true? If it is, then which skills should I take? And is it possible to change genies(not trade)? I know you can destroy them, but can you get another one after?
    I know some of these are noob questions, so i appreciate the help.

I am revealing some of my secrets here but here it is anyway......

In my opinion, you need:

a Zeal (Gold) for the pulling skill,

a Longevity (Green/Magic) for Bosses because it has a good magic primary skill,

a Discipline (White) for faster air travel and air fighting,

and maybe an Infliction (red) for special attacks (but better for melee toons).

The drawbacks are that they take up inventory slots and you have to level them. I have no problem leveling genies with lower level alts by feeding EXP to the genies. Then there is the fact that after you level a genie you find out (about Level 20) that the genie has good Lucky Points or not (anything over 50%), which allows for extra added skills at high levels.

You can buy any of the 4 genies from any of the NPC (Watcher of the Earth) for 3 Mirage Celestones. If you are Lv100+ you can get 5 free Mirage Celestone every day from the NPC, Mysterious Old Man.
    If you are less than Lv100 you can create a new toon and get a random Lv1 genie free from the Watcher of the Earth.

Now you have to pick and choose what skills you want to put on those genies and that is another topic.
    Good Luck
    Rise to Become Mighty so on the Wings of the Leviathan We will Soar....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch! Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun The frumious Bandersnatch!" He took his vorpal sword in hand: Long time the manxome foe he sought -- So rested he by the Tumtum tree, And stood awhile in thought. And, as in uffish thought he stood, The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame, Came whiffling through the tulgey wood, And burbled as it came!--Poem part by: Lewis Carroll
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited July 2014

I am revealing some of my secrets here but here it is anyway......

In my opinion, you need:

a Zeal (Gold) for the pulling skill,

a Longevity (Green/Magic) for Bosses because it has a good magic primary skill,

a Discipline (White) for faster air travel and air fighting,

and maybe an Infliction (red) for special attacks (but better for melee toons).

The drawbacks are that they take up inventory slots and you have to level them. I have no problem leveling genies with lower level alts by feeding EXP to the genies. Then there is the fact that after you level a genie you find out (about Level 20) that the genie has good Lucky Points or not (anything over 50%), which allows for extra added skills at high levels.

You can buy any of the 4 genies from any of the NPC (Watcher of the Earth) for 3 Mirage Celestones. If you are Lv100+ you can get 5 free Mirage Celestone every day from the NPC, Mysterious Old Man.

If you are less than Lv100 you can create a new toon and get a random Lv1 genie free from the Watcher of the Earth.

Now you have to pick and choose what skills you want to put on those genies and that is another topic.

Good Luck
    This looks like a NECRO!

BriarFoxy - Raging Tide replied to a message that was 5 years 2 months 10 days 14 hours 41 minutes old.

Any thread over one month (30 days) old is considered to be a dead thread and you're not supposed to post in them. The person you are replying to probably doesn't care any more or can no longer be found on the forums. The topic itself could be out of date. Next time just make a new thread.

Let's see how long it takes for a mod to close this :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014

*sigh*

This was bad and you know better.
    (Insert fancy image here)
This discussion has been closed.