why do we hafto use ARC?

catn
catn Posts: 32 Arc User
edited July 2014 in Off-Topic Discussion
what was wrong with the old way of getting on pwi? now that we need arc to get on pwi I ask what is the point of ARC it don't do any thing for example we don't have the dq system any more and its hard to put zen on the game I mean really edit: WE DO NEED ARC! because pwe was getting sued over old way

ok on a second note they could atleast make it to where we could fly in all the caves
stand next to me you'll never stand alone

juniornowack HeavensTear
Post edited by catn on

Comments

• Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    They were probably bored and didn't know how to use the money spent by C$ers.
    So they had the idea to launch this huge project. This wasn't really a success but they decided they would try to force us to use it. Otherwise it would have been a big waste of money.

Obviously if they had asked to the community, we would have given a lot of better ways to spend money. Now this is too late :p
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    Because PWE didn't wanna get sued over the previous distribution method (some company was going around making successful lawsuits for some absurd things that they really shouldn't have been winning and PWE was targeted) so they designed their own platform to get around it and at the same time make distribution and the like more convenient for themselves.

Arc isn't required to play the game, though, so.... yeah.

Edit: Did some googling because I couldn't remember the exact quote on the forums Kris posted about it. http://news.priorsmart.com/parallel-networks-v-perfect-world-entertainment-l7zW/ is a relevant link. Googling the name of the people that sued shows off their history so yeah.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • catn
    catn Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    o so that's y thay put ARC out thar wow did not know that they wer getting sued over it now that I think of it I would not blame them now I feall bad
    stand next to me you'll never stand alone

juniornowack HeavensTear
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    You don't even need to use arc if you're smart :x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    catn wrote: »

ok on a second note they could atleast make it to where we could fly in all the caves

Arc have nothing to do with the in game stuff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute