If the races were to go to war...

Djcale - Raging Tide
Djcale - Raging Tide Posts: 30 Arc User
edited July 2014 in General Discussion
Who do you think would win in a war if the races were to go to war against each other? b:thanks
Post edited by Djcale - Raging Tide on

Comments

• catn
    catn Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    barbs
    stand next to me you'll never stand alone

juniornowack HeavensTear
  • anaovt1
    anaovt1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Winged elves are both too squishy to win

Tideborn might have the highest damage output, but are also squishy

Untamed would hold out for a while, but their damage output is lower

Humans would have a decent chance, although wizzies would die a lot.

Earthguard have both survivability and high damage output, as well as the two classes being able to work together really well. my vote goes to EG.
    Camlyra-Raging Tides. Since the avatar is broken.

Cleric 103/103/102
    Seeker 102/102/101
    Wizard 101/101/101
    Psychic 102/99
  • Alphaben - Raging Tide
    Alphaben - Raging Tide Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'd say Earthguard, since technically they're already demi-gods according the games lore (I mean, the mystic's salvation IS a goddess if you pay attention to the quest that gives her summon)

Although Winged Elves would be able to keep getting back up (assuming they aren't interrupted b:laugh)

Untamed...Would depend on what veno pets fight and whether the barbs all have primal skills

Tideborn would basically just annoy each side to death...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Earthguards probably have the best balance as a duo. Mystics are good DDs and can heal too, plus they have some debuffs. Seekers also have some debuffs (the combo thingy), can make some good combos/kills and are rather tanky.

My vote goes for Earthguards as well.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Barbs run in to tank, venos purge everyone, together they one-shot all the unbuffed enemies and live happily ever after.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Humans. Both BMs and Wizards have extreme tankiness, with Blademasters having great CC and the best debuff in the game. Even with Wizards and BMs having not-so-good damage output, their tankiness+debuffs would let them rek errbody
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Earthguards of course.
    I don't know if seekers would be that useful but squads full of Mystics would be too OP b:laugh
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • CureMermaid - Dreamweaver
    CureMermaid - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Think about this: Even if only one cleric still alive, this is able to revive the whole army
    Infinite "continues" for the win
  • anaovt1
    anaovt1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I love how tideborn have no votes so far and nobody is even trying to justify them b:chuckle
    Camlyra-Raging Tides. Since the avatar is broken.

Cleric 103/103/102
    Seeker 102/102/101
    Wizard 101/101/101
    Psychic 102/99
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    When it comes to lore I'd give it to earthguard. We already know the original three races stalemate each other, know the tideborn just hide in their islands not caring, and according to the lore the Earthguard are apparently the backup "**** got real we need you demi-gods awake now" people.

So if they were to be involved in a war, they'd probably take it.

Of course... this assumes a straight fight where the various races act stupidly instead of using the subterfuge and sneakiness they've shown they're clearly willing to use. Odds are everyone would dogpile the earthguard first as they'd be an obvious threat and once they were taken care of, it would devolve into a free-for-all between the others with them constantly trying to 1-up and sabotage each other.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    anaovt1 wrote: »
    I love how tideborn have no votes so far and nobody is even trying to justify them b:chuckle

So much for all those tideborn/sin QQ threads.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Humans: would pull off the most badass win IF they did manage to pull out a win. (obviously each class has their finer points, but still I do feel that they would pull off the most epic win if they did manage to win.)

Elves: Buffs + Purge + heals = Rawr (Personally I feel they would struggle just as much as humans if not more.. Though these two would have far more killing power than the human race)

Untamed: Not Sure how they're winning the poll, but I guess they would be a fearsome duo, especially with primals. (The barb could be ridiculously difficult to take down.)

Earthguard: As others said they have a ridiculously strong balance, and everyone should fear these two classes when they're at the top of their game.

Tideborn: Their damage output = SCARY, between elimination, and a psys atk lvl boost they could potentially drop even the strongest of barbs in no time at all.

--

EDIT: Really ANY race could win it, especially if they can get their strength to outshine ANY of their weaknesses.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Sins in stealth would just wait until everyone else killed each other. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • DaSquirrel - Sanctuary
    DaSquirrel - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Would make a great event, but back to the poll, logic says earthguards.
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    All races if they know what they are doing. Dont underestimate any race.
    giphy.gif

• xxxxjayxxxx
    xxxxjayxxxx Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Untamed: Not Sure how they're winning the poll, but I guess they would be a fearsome duo, especially with primals. (The barb could be ridiculously difficult to take down.)

An army of barbs running at you for arma! you cant stun them al b:victoryb:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    An army of barbs running at you for arma! you cant stun them al b:victoryb:laugh

Yup, but for the EG then they all can ress and then kill all barbs and venos that are out of chi, venos and barbs without buff aren't that hard to kill.

I voted for EG, but I think it would either be EG or WE, due to their capacity to heal and ress/revive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • umiumiumi
    umiumiumi Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yup, but for the EG then they all can ress and then kill all barbs and venos that are out of chi, venos and barbs without buff aren't that hard to kill.

A purged EG cant ress. And Untameds will not not kill EGs, they would kill puffbirds / squirrels / tiggys.
  • Djcale - Raging Tide
    Djcale - Raging Tide Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I think earthguards too to be honest but yes. Any way to get sparkie to read this and try to get this put forward as an event? :D
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'm putting my money on the Elven race: End-game clerics are far from squishy and could easily be tanks as well. Archers aoe-purge with BoA: imagine a TW-scenario: 40 archers and half of them BoA, who'd survive that?
    The clerics heal/buff/revive/debuff the seeker/barbs breaking their defense even more. EG might be hard to kill in 1v1 battles, but since Archers have the best ranged aoe's, that doesn't matter much and EG will receive hits from several archers at once. Buffed Elven Vs. Purged EG, it might be close but I'd say the elves :P

When it comes to Lore it's earthguard obviously, but those are just stories b:avoid
  • SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    tideborn..ge a nice pack of psy's..its game over for all the other races PSY POWER PSY POWERb:angry
  • Boomz - Harshlands
    Boomz - Harshlands Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    i'd say the humans would win cause they will try some diplomacy sh!z and get an ally to help their weak udnerpowered *** and win the war, us wizzys will #KiteForDays
    ░░░░███████]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂ cause i can't make art, so i made
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤this awesome tank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 1 shot king. LV 150 FSP bosses hit for 3m. Top Player hit record: 652,656.
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Winged Elves. For the following reasons...ranged attacked, a plethora of CC's from both combined. Great healing poowers. The ability to revive the fallen. Best buffs. Good debuffs. Purification on debuffs. Seal of God. Physical, Magical, and Metal debuffs...and both classes use physical and metal attacks.

Earthguard would be second closest, but an archers range is insane. They have good kiting abilities, and both have antistealth. They do have range on their side, just not to the degree as the elves. They can also heal and resurrect. The difference however, is when you're down....you're down with them.

Untamed Race would be an issue. They are the most tanky combined race, and the purges and supreme debuffs are nothing to sneeze at. Also, they're the fastest moving race, so they can cover ground. Not to mention, you aren't just fighting them. You're fighting a plethora of pets too. Making them a pain. Deadly, but. The lack of consistent heals would eventually whittle them down.

Tideborn: fairly tied with the untamed. They have the best total offense, whereas untamed has best total defense. They can hit hard and fast, and an assassin has range right under a sage archer (35 meter range for sin ranged skills.) So they can close the gap. They're chi fountains. All the while, the psy is nuking with aoe's hitting nearly as hard as a wizzie...but much faster.

Wraith Army: Tons of classes. Tons of bosses. Thing is, they get owned on a regular basis, so their record kind of speaks for itself.

Humans: they die first. Wizzies will still be casting their first spell by the time the battle ends. Healing can be an issue here. They've got powerful attacks and debuffs on their side. And speed. They just happen to be outshined. Their tankiness gets outshined. Their nukes get outshined when a psy does 3 to a wizzies 1. They'll fight valiantly...but I think they'll die first.

That's my opinion on how it would go. Lol.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Winged Elves have my vote.
    Whatever actually makes it through the barrage of arrows that archers would lay down, would end up being sealed/silenced to ineffectiveness by clers. High damage output (ele and phys on both classes), good buffs, control skills, regenerative (and counter regenerative when a cler is in VD) and ranged. Drawback is lower endurance, but that's what revive is for.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Winged elf - Zombie army
  • jwillson123
    jwillson123 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I do not know what you people are talking about that earthguard would win according to role seriously?

Humans would win the fight why?
    Because all the OP characters in the game are humans.
    All the S+ characters are humans like the Light Emperor Alexander.
    All the major cities Achosaur and 1000 Streams controlled by? humans of course.

Humans would just outnumber all other classes because if you notice in the game the majority of npc are humans and the most powerful cities and the most towns are controlled by humans too.

Also the most powerful characters in the game are humans too.

Now if we talking about players controlling the characters and in game classes.
    Well elf would probably win what is a faction without archers and clerics in tw?
    range + heal + res + buffs + purges.

Tideborn have elimination so they can take out people fast while the physics tanks.
    but without buff sadly they would not tank as efficiently
    Do you want PWI to fix the economy before is to late?
    please support Perfect World International Forum > Suggestion Box
    > Limit Auto Cultivation to 1 hour just like Hyper stones
  • dreamreaver1959
    dreamreaver1959 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Every one go to war the winged elves would win HANDS DOWN. We jus kite the world till the ijits that decided to fight killed each other off
  • ShawtyStar - Raging Tide
    ShawtyStar - Raging Tide Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Winged Elf's for the Win
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am A True Tsundere
    More... I desire more. Can you not indulge me in an even more nightmarish hell?
    Retired 2009-2014 Was a Fun Time b:victory
    Demon Archer- 101 RB2
    Demon Assassin- 100 RB2
    Demon Venomancer- 99
  • aquale
    aquale Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    No one.
    War doesn't prove anything at all. It won't prove who's right. It only shows who is left.
    There could be survivors from certain race or no one at all.