Harassment - Whats Following?

Heal_babe - Heavens Tear
Heal_babe - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
edited November 2014 in General Discussion
If a Person keeps insulting me in Worldchat, calling me a troll + a Scammer and i send a Ticket about this.. Will that person appearently get banned if it happened like 4 Times already ( With a screen proof ) ? It's really getting annoying and my Reputation on the Server is beeing destroyed b:surrender And how long does it take until those persons get a bann?
Post edited by Heal_babe - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    If a Person keeps insulting me in Worldchat, calling me a troll + a Scammer and i send a Ticket about this.. Will that person appearently get banned if it happened like 4 Times already ( With a screen proof ) ? It's really getting annoying and my Reputation on the Server is beeing destroyed b:surrender And how long does it take until those persons get a bann?

You can try to report, but it takes more than one SS, we can't tell you how long it will take before the person get ban if he get ban, PWI doesn't say what punishment they give.

I know it can seems useless, but try to pm that person and try to fix it, be REALLY polite, don't call him names or anything and SS the convo, if he continue then SS that too, try to blacklist him cause I assume it's the first step to do in case of harassment.

I highly doubt someone will get ban for insulting you 4 times in world chat, it's not what I would call harassment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Heal_babe - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2014
    Its not really about just a bit WC Harassment... But its the only things im able to record, i cant record what is whispered about me to other people :/
    edited July 2014
    Its not really about just a bit WC Harassment... But its the only things im able to record, i cant record what is whispered about me to other people :/

There's nothing much to do about it, if they are your friends ask them to SS, but still I would not get high hopes on it since it's more gossip than harassment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• DemonZ_Fury - Dreamweaver
    DemonZ_Fury - Dreamweaver Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Player harassment is something taken seriously by PWE. However, that harassment has to go on for quite some time for it to be taken into consideration. There will always be someone talking trash about someone else. Harassment, however is something that continues over a longer period of time than one day in world chat.
  • Heal_babe - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2014
    How about this:

Being called a Scammer and a Troll in WC

Being Laughed out in WC

Being hunter and killed by PK bugs while being not in PK (And loosing items by that)

Putting material about my char on youtube and sharing my Facebook pic to others.. (I reported his facebook account for that, it also got banished already)
  • jspwi
    jspwi Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I think this is one of the areas where pwi just totally fails in its obligations. do nothing or a slap on the wrist. is why sooooo many left and are leaving. and they are not leaving for another pwe title.
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    How about this:

Being Laughed out in WC

Being hunter and killed by PK bugs while being not in PK (And loosing items by that)

Putting material about my char on youtube and sharing my Facebook pic to others.. (I reported his facebook account for that, it also got banished already)

If its taken to other forums like youtube and facebook, Id say to throw proof of what went there too into ticket as taking such lengths is a proof of it being more than just some random drama there is on WC on daily basis.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Change server / cry less.

People talk a lot of shiit on MMO's. Get used to it or go back to Pokemon on game boy colour.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
  • Ulquiorraa__ - Raging Tide
    Ulquiorraa__ - Raging Tide Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Well , I think they wont do anything .. but u can try . Also pwi need to have GMs or some system which detect words on wc .....
    Up for any challenge .

RT PvP Ruler .
  • GreenLegend - Archosaur
    GreenLegend - Archosaur Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Personally, I'd say to blacklist them. Then scream your real self in WC, in your own faction as well as show it in squads. Your reputation will be self-sustained regardless of some player tarnishing it through World Chat.

As for it being taken to YouTube and Facebook... that may be in the area of Cyber-Bullying, which with enough proof PWE may be able to do something of it as it is a growing issue.

Also, send a ticket in with their own Terms of Service.
    I believe points F and G may apply... A if you're a minor (under the age of 18).

10. User Conduct

You must observe these Terms, all Rules of Conduct, all applicable laws and all basic rules of etiquette and common courtesy when using the Website and the Service. Any conduct that violates the law in an offline, real world community is also a violation of these terms. PWE will not tolerate any illegal or offensive conduct.

Without limiting the foregoing, in addition to the User Content rules set forth in Section 10 above, you agree not to take any of the following actions:

(a) Harm minors in any way;
    (b) Impersonate any person or entity, including any PWE officials, forum leaders, guides, hosts, employees or agents, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
    (c) Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any message transmitted through the Website;
    (d) Upload, post, e-mail, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam", "chain letters", "pyramid schemes", or any other form of solicitation;
    (e) Interfere with or disrupt the Service, the Website or servers or networks connected to the Website, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Website;
    (f) "Stalk," threaten or otherwise harass or cause discomfort to another;
    (g) Collect, store, post or otherwise disseminate any personal data about other users;
    (h) Impede or disrupt the Service or the normal flow of game play or dialogue in the game or in Interactive Areas on the Site or use vulgar language, abusiveness, use of excessive shouting (ALL CAPS) "spamming" or any other disruptive or detrimental methods in an attempt to disturb other users or PWE employees;
    (i) Engage in, encourage, or promote any illegal activity, or any activity that violates these Terms or the Rules of Conduct;
    (j) Engage in any actions that defraud or attempt to defraud, scam or cheat others out of any items that have been earned through authorized game play;
    (k) Cheat or utilize unauthorized exploits in connection with the Games or the Service;
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players,
    (m) trade, sell, auction or otherwise transfer any virtual items or goods of any nature outside the game; and/or
    (n) Take any action that disrupts the Service or that negatively affects or may prohibit other users from enjoying the Website, the Games or any other aspect of the Service.

PWE may take any actions and impose any penalties we deem necessary to discourage and punish any violation of these terms or any other illegal or inappropriate conduct, all without prior notice or warning. The determination as to whether a violation has occurred and who is responsible for such act is solely within PWE's discretion, and is based on what we deem best for the community and the Website. By using the Website, you agree you will be bound by PWE's determination as to whether a violation has occurred and any penalty we choose to implement.

Soruce: http://www.perfectworld.com/about/terms
    Dreams are just dreams...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The other alternative is remove everyone from your friends list, get inks to change the name on your gear if it has your name on it (depending on gear level), get a name changing stone, a makeover scroll, and lay low for a while, and stay off world chat.

Unless you are a scammer/troll/trollop/a$$hole etc., then I have no sympathy, though people shouldn't bring into the argument personal information unless otherwise shared by you initially to others.

Good luck
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2014
    How about this:

Being Laughed out in WC

That happen to everyone at some point, have you blacklisted the person(s) doing this? If not then you don't help yourself, the blacklist option is there for a reason, start by blacklisting the person(s) and don't even tell him/them about it, just do it and at 200 spots on the BL you will have enough to even put his alts/friends. The best way to cut that is to ignore that and since it seems to affect you I highly recommend you to blacklist him/them.

Also if someone pm you saying ''hey did you saw what he said about you in wc?'' then just answer that you don't care and don't wanna know.

People probably continue cause you did let them know it affect you so they are continuing, show them that you don't give a **** about it and they will finish by stopping by themselves.

That should have been reported, not for harassment, but cause it's obviously a bug, you aren't suppose to be able to get PK in non-PK mode and dropping while blue name is extremely rare, but yea you should have report that for sure and ask the GM to replace what you did drop since it was a bug. (according to you)

Do you mind to tell us where they pked you? I never heard of someone getting PK in non-PK mode (unless in TW/NW, but then it's impossible to drop there) and if there's a spot where it's glitch then it need to be report or posted in the quality section to make the staff aware of that issue, if you tell us it did happen then people can try to go test to confirm it.

That can be put in your complain, but since it's not PWI related they can't do nothing on those medias, report the Facebook accounts (you can also block them), report the videos to Youtube as well and maybe make a cleaning and delete PWI's people from your FB, if they did found your FB it's cause you have give it to people.

An advice would be to make a Facebook account for gaming only, delete ALL PWI's players from your real FB and add them on the gaming account, don't put your real pic or personal info on the gaming account and that way you should never have a problem. (the same can be done with Skype)

You can't control people's actions, you can't make them stop, but you can control how you react to it, don't go watch the videos they make about you (or laugh about it), don't read what they say about you and tell your friends that you don't want to know about it and to don't pm you what they say about you in wc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    That happen to everyone at some point, not everyone thanks just some lol, shave you blacklisted the person(s) doing this? If not then you don't help yourself, the blacklist option is there for a reason, start by blacklisting the person(s) and don't even tell him/them about it, just do it and at 200 spots on the BL you will have enough to even put his alts/friends. The best way to cut that is to ignore that and since it seems to affect you I highly recommend you to blacklist him/them.

Also if someone pm you saying ''hey did you saw what he said about you in wc?'' then just answer that you don't care and don't wanna know.

People probably continue cause you did let them know it affect you so they are continuing, show them that you don't give a **** about it and they will finish by stopping by themselves.

That should have been reported, not for harassment, but cause it's obviously a bug, you aren't suppose to be able to get PK in non-PK mode and dropping while blue name is extremely rare, but yea you should have report that for sure and ask the GM to replace what you did drop since it was a bug. (according to you)

Do you mind to tell us where they pked you? I never heard of someone getting PK in non-PK mode (unless in TW/NW, but then it's impossible to drop there) and if there's a spot where it's glitch then it need to be report or posted in the quality section to make the staff aware of that issue, if you tell us it did happen then people can try to go test to confirm it.

Try Warsong when someone drops squad after a run and before you leave, I know you can be PKed then as it has happened to me personally, but I have never lost a drop from it as far as I can remember, there are other places where you can be PKed in blue name as well But this was the one that annoyed me personally the most, especially when I was just there to farm.

That can be put in your complain, but since it's not PWI related they can't do nothing on those medias, report the Facebook accounts (you can also block them), report the videos to Youtube as well and maybe make a cleaning and delete PWI's people from your FB, if they did found your FB it's cause you have give it to people.

An advice would be to make a Facebook account for gaming only, delete ALL PWI's players from your real FB and add them on the gaming account, don't put your real pic or personal info on the gaming account and that way you should never have a problem. (the same can be done with Skype)

You can't control people's actions, you can't make them stop, but you can control how you react to it, don't go watch the videos they make about you (or laugh about it), don't read what they say about you and tell your friends that you don't want to know about it and to don't pm you what they say about you in wc.

Replies in red.

In the 5+ years I have played this game, I have not been harassed by anyone in WC or in any other ways that I know off, I wonder if that has anything to do with how I treat others, may be something to think about.

The Warsong one is already known to PWI I think and as far as I know the reason it was not removed was because you did not drop anything and therefore it should not annoy you.
    Did not work for me I still get annoyed, because I do not care about "things".
    Just being forced to do things I do not want or need to do, and wasting more of the precious seconds/minutes left in the short lifespan we all get.
    In short PKing a Blue Named player is always harassment because you are wasting "their" time to gratify your own need to fill in time, and that is selfish too.
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The other alternative is remove everyone from your friends list, get inks to change the name on your gear if it has your name on it (depending on gear level), get a name changing stone, a makeover scroll, and lay low for a while, and stay off world chat.

Unless you are a scammer/troll/trollop/a$$hole etc., then I have no sympathy, though people shouldn't bring into the argument personal information unless otherwise shared by you initially to others.

Good luck

Your answer is essentially, maybe pay a hundred dollars to hide from the situation.....
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    Just keep in mind that if you did take something that didn't belong to you, the GMs will investigate that in the ticket. So if you did scam them and that's why they are pitching a fit, it's better to give the item back and apologize to put the matter behind you. I am not saying you did scam anyone by the way, not saying that in any way shape or form. But given the allegations they are levelling I feel that sharing that information with you was important. Another important information to share given the allegations is that keeping PK drops is in no way scamming. So if that is what happened be sure to include that in your ticket. Again, I am not saying you did. I am just providing information.

At any rate submitting a ticket with proof is your only recourse if you cannot just ignore it.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited July 2014
    Replies in red.

In the 5+ years I have played this game, I have not been harassed by anyone in WC or in any other ways that I know off, I wonder if that has anything to do with how I treat others, may be something to think about.

The Warsoul one is already known to PWI I think and as far as I know the reason it was not removed was because you did not drop anything and therefore it should not annoy you.
    Did not work for me I still get annoyed, because I do not care about "things".
    Just being forced to do things I do not want or need to do, and wasting more of the precious seconds/minutes left in the short lifespan we all get.
    In short PKing a Blue Named player is always harassment because you are wasting "their" time to gratify your own need to fill in time, and that is selfish too.

Warsoul is a type of weapon not an instance, so I'll assume you speak about Warsong, where you cannot drop, so I'm pretty sure at 100% that it's not where the OP got PKED and dropped, plus unless she's a total idiot she would have not even go run a Warsong with people that hate her and bully her. So that's why I ask where it did happen, cause the way she speak she got PK while in non-PK mode while it shouldn't have happen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Good luck

Yeah goodluck spending a butt load of coin too lol.

But this is the puss method though,take this head on and not run.
    edited July 2014

I highly doubt it will work, plus it would cost a lot of money.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• rieihdius
    rieihdius Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Maybe she got killed on Cube of Fate Room 1?

There is a glitch on that place, and some people try to PK blue players there. As far as I know that is a bannable offence : http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1061791

Now about droping while blue on that place, I have not knowledge. But thats the only place that came to my mind besides warsong.
    There are other pk enable rooms on cube but those are not against the rules and is far more dificult to get stalked on there due to the random nature of the cube of fate.

edited July 2014
    rieihdius wrote: »
    Maybe she got killed on Cube of Fate Room 1?

There is a glitch on that place, and some people try to PK blue players there. As far as I know that is a bannable offence : http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1061791

Now about droping while blue on that place, I have not knowledge. But thats the only place that came to my mind besides warsong.
    There are other pk enable rooms on cube but those are not against the rules and is far more dificult to get stalked on there due to the random nature of the cube of fate.

You don't drop in cube and the room 1 is direct ban if someone pk there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• trands
    trands Posts: 2
    edited July 2014

A lot depends on whether it's your server's idiot who targetted you among many others or someone who really is aiming for you and you only.

In the 1st case, ignore him and he'll get bored. Ppl only go with him because having trouble with him is more annoying then having trouble with you. Friends won't doubt you, the rest is replaceable and unimportant. Getting those guys banned is of no use, it only gets you more to handle.

If it's really after you, make a file and aim for a ban at the moment it's enough for a permanent one. Otherwise it will only back-fire.
  • Jesya - Lost City
    Jesya - Lost City Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    If its taken to other forums like youtube and facebook, Id say to throw proof of what went there too into ticket as taking such lengths is a proof of it being more than just some random drama there is on WC on daily basis.

They will do nothing. They will recommend you keep your social media accounts private.
    b:bye
  • LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    They will do nothing. They will recommend you keep your social media accounts private.

And in PWI's defense I would have to agree with this. Friendships/relationships have potential to go bad for any number of reasons, and that shouldn't concern PWI. Share private information like Facebook and its your own fault if it comes back to haunt you.
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Going on the 6 years playing this game and the 5 years of being hitched i have never gave my password out,even if it was my real wife i still wouldnt because when a woman gets mad they looney man they looney as hell!
  • anaovt1
    anaovt1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Going on the 6 years playing this game and the 5 years of being hitched i have never gave my password out,even if it was my real wife i still wouldnt because when a woman gets mad they looney man they looney as hell!

How is this relevant to the thread?

Also, OP, if it's just a troll, ignore them, and continue to build a good reputation. Most people ignore those WCs anyway. They may be a little skeptical if you're called a scammer, but unless multiple people do it, the only thing you might lose is being able to craft for randoms. Most people will not care. Just ignore it and keep building a good reputation. he'll go away.

As for facebook and youtube, report him there. and screenshot it to send to pwi if it does get bad enough to ban him.
    Camlyra-Raging Tides. Since the avatar is broken.

Cleric 103/103/102
    Seeker 102/102/101
    Wizard 101/101/101
    Psychic 102/99
  • Kazeodori - Heavens Tear
    Kazeodori - Heavens Tear Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Changing your name will not help, because even if you remove them from fl, your name is still on their list, and will change to your new name there. If you're on some one's black list, the name will update there as well.
    If you bite some one, they get mad and smack you.
    But if you lick them, you still get the flavor.
    And they think you're weird.
  • Jesya - Lost City
    Jesya - Lost City Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    And in PWI's defense I would have to agree with this. Friendships/relationships have potential to go bad for any number of reasons, and that shouldn't concern PWI. Share private information like Facebook and its your own fault if it comes back to haunt you.

Agreed, however there comes to a point that it goes way too far. Some people go out of their way to make sure some people's PWI experience is miserable.

Sometimes blacklist isn't enough when they create alts to WC and whisper and fill your in game mailbox with trash talk.

At some point PWI needs to get involved.
    b:bye
  • surv
    surv Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    My friends and I are being stocked in game by a charator named Mazumii. He was in our faction and we are people who are very close friends. He got enough info and then started doing real strange things. First it was just little things like blaming me for scattering the mods while i was in a Cleric BB and then others. Eventually we confronted him and all hell broke. Its been several months. There was only 4 people that knew certain infor about our grandsonl. Suddenly 3 differnt new names in world chat started using swears, killing our year old grandbaby, doing horrific things to the baby and many other terrible things too much to even repeat. Three of us are good friends and we even get together durring the summer. So there is no way this unknown charator could have much more info about our life unless it was through this Mazumii. Its been over 2 months and he still in game. I know alot what he does is against the law. I cant believe perfect world has not banned him. We are going to have a discussionwith our lawyer since we are disabled and find out why pwi has not taking action.
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Best solution has been already given: blacklist. I know several scammers who make squads and do whatever they like in game and nobody cares. It's if you were a real scammer, which I doubt, because if you was you wouldn't make this topic.
    I can assume there is a reason for such harassement, but it's up to you to decide if it's worth trying to fix it by talking and making agreements (if there is any of course). After all there are a lot of idiots whom one can't deal with. Ignore, no one will waste his time knowing he isn't listened to.

If facebook page is opened to all, make it private if you don't like randoms having access to it.

As for "Putting material about my char on youtube" - really putting materials about pixels? This is just laughable :))
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • twistedthings
    twistedthings Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    post number #27 should be carefull of name shaming, last i knew what you posted violates the terms of service. i see this thread going in a bad direction with name shaming, think a mod needs to edit some pots