Heartbleed [New Update 5:07 PM]

Comments

• Kittysama - Raging Tide_1432680721
    edited July 2014
    80 General Summer's Tokens, 10.000 Wraith Officer's Badges And 5 Medal Of Glories For Compensation, Naow!

E: EFFIN CAPS-FILTER Q.Q
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Final ragequit on 21/02/2014 'cause ARC. Back on 15/04/2014, RL was bored.
    Ten Paths of Kittyness(old mains when deleted): Kittysama 100(100) Sage HA-Venomancer |Aivina 100(101) Sage (ex-Zerk) Str. Seeker | Kittytart 90(101) Demon All path Zerk BM | KittyFishie 92(101) Demon APS/DPH Zerk Assassin | Haroin 100(100) Demon Vit. Zerk Barbarian | Elfborn 82(100) Demon Cleric | Pessimiste 85(100) Sage Wizard | PalavaEnkeli 87(100) Demon Fist/APS-Archer | VerenVanki 85(100) Demon Mystic | MerenPeto 85(100) Sage Psychic
    Current mains: Old psy and 19 new/recreated mains(avg. level 82)
  • zatydrake
    zatydrake Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I did log out of the client to change account, and I got really scared when I couldn't log into my main one. I thought I had gotten ****.

Now I can't access the forums with that account, but strangely enough, arc is still logged in with the main and I can access the game through that...

But really... monkeys ramming fingers on a keyboard would do a better job than the EU team...
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    heads will roll..forced password change was like the worst idea ever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Jesya - Lost City
    Jesya - Lost City Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I am not happy about this.
    I live in the US and play west coast servers yet I also received the email stating to change my password-- so really how is this ONLY effecting the Europe yet I was FORCED to change my password.

Many of us raised concerns about the privacy of ARC and the new website and we were told everything was ok accounts, financial data etc would all be safeguarded... yet here I am changing my password because my account has been compromised. Although somehow none of my financial data or confidential information was accessed. Sorry.. I smell bull----. I do not believe you 1 iota.
    b:bye
  • Demonangle - Raging Tide
    Demonangle - Raging Tide Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    i think we should get a compensation for thisb:laugh
  • RoyalTS - Heavens Tear
    RoyalTS - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Sooooo what if we don't have access to the e-mail on our account? I created this account so long ago that...

A) I no longer have access to the e-mail on file

B) I don't even remember any potential like...security question type stuff I might have set, let alone what I answered to it.

Would like to see this being answered aswell.

I dont care for compensation if i can get my acc back. :|
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I am not happy about this.
    I live in the US and play west coast servers yet I also received the email stating to change my password-- so really how is this ONLY effecting the Europe yet I was FORCED to change my password.

Many of us raised concerns about the privacy of ARC and the new website and we were told everything was ok accounts, financial data etc would all be safeguarded... yet here I am changing my password because my account has been compromised. Although somehow none of my financial data or confidential information was accessed. Sorry.. I smell bull----. I do not believe you 1 iota.

Just to know, do you have any character on Morai? Even if it's a level 1 char to check the sale. cause I think everyone with char on Morai have that issue even if they are in the US and doesn't play Morai actively.

For what you say about Arc I agree with you, but they never listen to us.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'd also want to know what exactly means "at high risk" since my main account was affected and I was also unable to log on the site/forums until now, even after resetting my password.

Strangely enough, the account I have a Morai character on wasn't affected. Likewise, no other account I own was affected. It was only this one.

I know a few Canadian/US players got their passwords reset and I know a few Europeans who weren't affected.

Well, I just want to know if the affected accounts are safe, I suppose.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Kittysama - Raging Tide_1432680721
    edited July 2014
    Looking at posts Kitty's getting very sure they indeed picked accounts that have been used to post on forums for Forced Password Change(a.k.a. "Forcing Joo To RQ If You Didn't Provide Valid E-Mail Address If Joo Didn't Already RQ Q.Q").
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Final ragequit on 21/02/2014 'cause ARC. Back on 15/04/2014, RL was bored.
    Ten Paths of Kittyness(old mains when deleted): Kittysama 100(100) Sage HA-Venomancer |Aivina 100(101) Sage (ex-Zerk) Str. Seeker | Kittytart 90(101) Demon All path Zerk BM | KittyFishie 92(101) Demon APS/DPH Zerk Assassin | Haroin 100(100) Demon Vit. Zerk Barbarian | Elfborn 82(100) Demon Cleric | Pessimiste 85(100) Sage Wizard | PalavaEnkeli 87(100) Demon Fist/APS-Archer | VerenVanki 85(100) Demon Mystic | MerenPeto 85(100) Sage Psychic
    Current mains: Old psy and 19 new/recreated mains(avg. level 82)
  • Submariner - Morai
    Submariner - Morai Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I want to know also what the "at high risk" is, how you can say this is at high risk, this is not at "high risk"

Im from EU, playin in Morai, and wasnt affected, at least till now :P

compensation, yeah, give 1 pstone to every account :)
  • Jesya - Lost City
    Jesya - Lost City Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Just to know, do you have any character on Morai? Even if it's a level 1 char to check the sale. cause I think everyone with char on Morai have that issue even if they are in the US and doesn't play Morai actively.

Yep, I have a lvl 1 char on Morai that I haven't logged in well over 6 months.
    I do have other accounts with characters on Morai as well... yet they somehow weren't effected? Something doesn't add up, and we are not being told 100% truth.

I don't want compensation. I want to know my personal information is safe.
    b:bye
  • Submariner - Morai
    edited July 2014
    i want my pstone compensation b:angry
    oh, wait, not afffected... dont mind, i want it anyways b:chuckle
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Looking at posts Kitty's getting very sure they indeed picked accounts that have been used to post on forums for Forced Password Change(a.k.a. "Forcing Joo To RQ If You Didn't Provide Valid E-Mail Address If Joo Didn't Already RQ Q.Q").

Nah my boyfriend play PWI and posted on the forum and doesn't have that issue and didn't get any email.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • sparkiesoft
    sparkiesoft Posts: 47
    edited July 2014
    what happens when u dont have access to the Email due to it being an old Email and where i have many account cant find the email linked to the account?

No specifics yet, but I believe they may try to reverse the issue, meaning your accounts will just go back to the old passwords. Don't have any confirmation yet, so I can't say for certain.
  • trixxiklein
    trixxiklein Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    All I care for are two things:

1. Is my personal info safe?

2. Give me back access to my accounts.

An update would be very much appreciated.. It's past 1am in EU time zones and a lot of people are getting very very disappointed and yes.. angry too.

No matter how small the progress is, any form of update is more than welcome... b:surrender

edit: thanks for the update... I really want to go to sleep knowing that things will get figured out..
  • Submariner - Morai
    edited July 2014
    men men men...
    i'm smelling it, don't you?

i really am, and now i am b:shocked

lets see how tomorrow is.
  • Kattanyia - Archosaur
    Kattanyia - Archosaur Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Would like to see this being answered aswell.

what happens when u dont have access to the Email due to it being an old Email and where i have many account cant find the email linked to the account?

I dont care for compensation if i can get my acc back. :|

Sparkie, THIS to me is the biggest issue at the moment. This issue has not affected me but I have several friends who have played for years and created their accounts years ago. They DO NOT remember or no longer have access to the original emails. They have spent years building their toons and you are now telling us that they basically have lost everything???

Seriously, this needs to be fixed and fixed soon. It simply is WRONG. This has nothing to do with any compensation this has to do with people being PERMANENTLY banned through no fault of their own.

We need to hear how this is going to be fixed please.

Thank you.
  • HuYoDD - Harshlands
    HuYoDD - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    have lvl 10x chars on both servers on same acc and no problem (yet), so doesnt seem like everyone is affected.

only thing left for those affected seems to be:

valid email: try passwort reset with arc i guess aka "forgot password" function when starting client
    invalid email: write an email to customerservice@perfectworld.com. now i really hope pwe has a clue how to ident the real owner of the account..

• Metalogue - Archosaur
    Metalogue - Archosaur Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    No specifics yet, but I believe they may try to reverse the issue, meaning your accounts will just go back to the old passwords. Don't have any confirmation yet, so I can't say for certain.

I truly hope this happens, as many of my friends are unable to log onto their accounts, and no longer have access to their emails due to the email expiring or whatever.
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited July 2014

I got toon to check sales, havent used him in ages though. I didnt get the e-mail, did change pw though.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Didn't you guys check this months ago and say Heartbleed didn't affect your sites? lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Clergywoman - Raging Tide
    Clergywoman - Raging Tide Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    ty for reset my pw! *my head is about to explode due to the sarcasm*
    the last time you reset pw without warning i lost my seeker account; dozens of tickets, names of acc, mail, toon, INVENTRY AND BANK contents... nothing aside 'cs or no support'.

btw
    my old password was 17 characters long, now i get a warning that 14 charsacters is max.

NOW I FEEL SAFE!
    gear and genies: mypers.pw/1.8/#145766

pan gu loves cash shoppers as much as he loathes pure farmers. that's why he cursed me with the lowest luck-index possible. my weapon needed 21 recasts for those meh adds, and the r9 ring refine ate over 10k mirages before i capitulated and orbed it from 0 to +11. you won this time pan gu! b:sad
  • Shaiij - Archosaur
    Shaiij - Archosaur Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    That's what gets me. Never made an account in Morai. Never accessed anything EU. Only ever used Archosaur. Live on the west coast. ONLY my main account was reset and it refused to allow me to log on without altering my password. Just makes no sense to me-- and I haven't found anyone else on Archosaur with this problem just yet?b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zatydrake
    zatydrake Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Just out of curiosity...

This hapened around midnight, right?

WTF was the EU team doing still awake? Usually they disappear without trace at the end of their shift.

Did they decide to party in the server room, got a bit too tipsy, and started pressing buttons at random?

It seems... weird they did this at this hour.
  • Manii - Harshlands
    Manii - Harshlands Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'm on the American east coast and I am being affected by this....
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    zatydrake wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity...

This hapened around midnight, right?

WTF was the EU team doing still awake? Usually they disappear without trace at the end of their shift.

Did they decide to party in the server room, got a bit too tipsy, and started pressing buttons at random?

It seems... weird they did this at this hour.

Very good question ! The mails have been sent around 10:30 PM (EU Time) and indeed i'm sure to have logged in with an account near 10 PM and was unable to log back this same account around 10:45 PM
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • LostPoet - Dreamweaver
    LostPoet - Dreamweaver Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Will users not affect yet by this, also be affected by this????

I think some of my accounts, I've lost email access too as they were college/university emails...

If so, I want to prep just in-case by removing all my stuff from my alt accounts.....
    b:sad
    YOUTUBE:
    youtube.com/user/lostpoetgaming

twitch LIVE STREAM + MORE VIDEOS:
    twitch.tv/thelostpoet/profile
  • HuYoDD - Harshlands
    HuYoDD - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    if you are still able to log in, why dont you change your old email(s) on those acc to recent ones now?!
    Didn't you guys check this months ago and say Heartbleed didn't affect your sites? lol.
    Will users not affect yet by this, also be affected by this????

I think some of my accounts, I've lost email access too as they were college/university emails...

If so, I want to prep just in-case by removing all my stuff from my alt accounts.....
    b:sad
  • LostPoet - Dreamweaver
    LostPoet - Dreamweaver Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Update 2
    : So here's what I've been told: This issue only affected about 1.8k US accounts, so it wasn't as widespread as we had thought. What happened was EU had about 12 old sites that were not fixed a few months ago (when the Heartbleed happened). EU has now fixed them, so everyone should be 100% safe.

On getting your account back - If you do not remember your email and cannot log into Arc, submit a ticket here:

customerservice@perfectworld.com

If you can login to Arc, then submit a ticket the normal way. You may need to know security answers and the like, but if you don't know or used fake ones, then be sure to include the last 5 or so locations you have played from.

So, does that mean no more accounts will get emails / be reset?
    Currently in ARC, you are not allowed to change your email address if you don't have access to your old one. You must submit ticket and go through long procedure...

I feel that if people loose some of their accounts, PWI is going to have a lot of chargebacks coming their way.... Including me....

*REMEMBER: too many chargebacks, and visa and mastercard, and paypal, etc... will shut you down.

b:victory

I Suggest you make a quick online change that allows users to log into PWI with their old password...
    and simply require them to submit a new password and/or atleast change their email without verification...

This will prevent users from loosing their accounts, and all they might have to do is create a new email address for that account....

Coding this would take me about a day or 2.... Shouldn't be a problem for a TEAM of developers...
    if you are still able to log in, why dont you change your old email(s) on those acc to recent ones now?!

Because you can't change email without access to the email address set....
    Thus, you can't change your email unless you submit a ticket...

I used email addresses that are now deleted and no chance of recovery as my email service for those accounts were shut down!!

b:cry
    YOUTUBE:
    youtube.com/user/lostpoetgaming

twitch LIVE STREAM + MORE VIDEOS:
    twitch.tv/thelostpoet/profile
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited July 2014

What does this have to do with my post?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute