Heartbleed [New Update 5:07 PM]

sparkiesoft
sparkiesoft Posts: 47
edited August 2014 in General Discussion
The email you are getting is legitimate, however it is only affecting Europe at the moment. If you are still unsure, you can always go to:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/my/account, log in and edit your password that way.

Update: Okay update, it looks like (according to EU), that they did a forced password reset on people who were at high risk. Technically this should not have affected players in the U.S, but that seems to be the case now.

I've made pretty much everyone aware.

I will update with any news I get as I get it.

Sorry folks :(

Update 2
: So here's what I've been told: This issue only affected about 1.8k US accounts, so it wasn't as widespread as we had thought. What happened was EU had about 12 old sites that were not fixed a few months ago (when the Heartbleed happened). EU has now fixed them, so everyone should be 100% safe.

On getting your account back - If you do not remember your email and cannot log into Arc, submit a ticket here:

customerservice@perfectworld.com

If you can login to Arc, then submit a ticket the normal way. You may need to know security answers and the like, but if you don't know or used fake ones, then be sure to include the last 5 or so locations you have played from.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    Thanks for the quick response and sticky, sparkie. Glad to get that settled decisively.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Shaiij - Archosaur
    Shaiij - Archosaur Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'm not in Europe but it sent me an email anyway, any idea why? b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kalopsia - Dreamweaver
    Kalopsia - Dreamweaver Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'm not in Europe but it sent me an email anyway, any idea why? b:surrender

Same here, when I came home and tried to login, it said my info was wrong. So I checked my email and had the heartbleed email.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Thanks sparkie but I think we will need more information on this one.

Force reset every account like that is something really serious...

(I hope everyone had a valid mail address by the way)
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • bramblebeast
    bramblebeast Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Sooooo what if we don't have access to the e-mail on our account? I created this account so long ago that...

A) I no longer have access to the e-mail on file

B) I don't even remember any potential like...security question type stuff I might have set, let alone what I answered to it.

YIKES!?
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Is it cause of Arc?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited July 2014
    A) I no longer have access to the e-mail on file

Good luck b:sad
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
    edited July 2014
    The email you are getting is legitimate, however it is only affecting Europe at the moment. If you are still unsure, you can always go to:

I'm not in Europe and it affect me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Please keep us updated if we have to change PWs again or something.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • lyloujeanne
    lyloujeanne Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Good luck b:sad

I got acees to my e-mail but get no e-mail wtf ???? i wrote it 2 times and all is good ....
  • sparkiesoft
    edited July 2014
    There should not be any forced password resets on our end, however it is recommended that you do, along with any other websites that may have been victim to the heartbleed.

As far as I've been made aware, the email is just a notification that recommends you change, and while the heartbleed is in Europe, it is still a safe practice to change up your passwords.
    edited July 2014

Can't log on that link, it say my info are wrong. I can't log anywhere on Arc, can't log the game either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• yoyohoneysingh
    yoyohoneysingh Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I did not have access to my email on which my main account is registered. I cannot log in my Main a/c. It says incorrect pass/user on login. So you have forcefully changed my password im guessing to which I have no clue how to reset now cuz i have lost my old email on my main
  • sparkiesoft
    edited July 2014
    Okay update, it looks like (according to EU), that they did a forced password reset on people who were at high risk. Technically this should not have affected players in the U.S, but that seems to be the case now.

I've made pretty much everyone aware.

edited July 2014
    I did not have access to my email on which my main account is registered. I cannot log in my Main a/c. It says incorrect pass/user on login. So you have forcefully changed my password im guessing to which I have no clue how to reset now cuz i have lost my old email on my main

The email only give a link not a new password, I have the email, but can't log on the link they give, I can't log in game either, everywhere it tells me my info are wrong, so even with the email I can't change my password and can't access Arc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• ichselba
    ichselba Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    hey there, i have a couple accounts and according a couple e-mail addresses. Any suggestion to find out best which e-mail is related to the specific account?
  • _aGhost_ - Sanctuary
    _aGhost_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    So if an account that someone logged 1h ago successfully gives the "wrong password w.e" message now, this means that they have been affected by the virus? [without them changing it during that time, DUH]
    In fact 'something' did change the pass obviously since the account cannot be logged.
    Following the scenario, going to the recovery page from arc, to have an email sent to recover their password which was SOMEHOW changed. I tried doing that and no email was sent with w.e it should have to reset / change / set a password. It has been over 30 minutes so no, it's not lost in the bloody mail.

I HIGHLY SUGGEST YOU FIND A BETTER CLEARER WAY for the masses of people that still play the game to deal with this. And by that I mean quicker and easier to respond. Yes it won't be easy with 9708404522213487 accounts registered, but it has to be done -_-;

Take the time before and during maint to deal with this properly, safe to say at least 25% of the people from each server will be affected and forced to quit. If I have to explain why, ya'll are John Snows >.>;
  • sparkiesoft
    edited July 2014
    So if an account that someone logged 1h ago successfully gives the "wrong password w.e" message now, this means that they have been affected by the virus? [without them changing it during that time, DUH]
    In fact 'something' did change the pass obviously since the account cannot be logged.
    Following the scenario, going to the recovery page from arc, to have an email sent to recover their password which was SOMEHOW changed. I tried doing that and no email was sent with w.e it should have to reset / change / set a password. It has been over 30 minutes so no, it's not lost in the bloody mail.

I HIGHLY SUGGEST YOU FIND A BETTER CLEARER WAY for the masses of people that still play the game to deal with this. And by that I mean quicker and easier to respond. Yes it won't be easy with 9708404522213487 accounts registered, but it has to be done -_-;

Take the time before and during maint to deal with this properly, safe to say at least 25% of the people from each server will be affected and forced to quit. If I have to explain why, ya'll are John Snows >.>;

It doesn't mean you were affected by the virus, it just means the our EU team accidentally forced a password reset on players it should not have. We are working to resolve the issue and I'll post in the thread with any new updates.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited July 2014
    Okay update, it looks like (according to EU), that they did a forced password reset on people who were at high risk. Technically this should not have affected players in the U.S, but that seems to be the case now.

I've made pretty much everyone aware, as here at our U.S office, none of us were notified about this.

I didn't talk about forced reset just to troll or what b:sad

Now the question will be, what means "who were at high risk", because it seems almost everyone received it on Morai server. Actually for the moment I didn't know anyone (from Europe) who didn't receive it...
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
  • sparkiesoft
    edited July 2014

Now the question will be, what means "who were at high risk", because it seems almost everyone received it on Morai server. Actually for the moment I didn't know anyone (from Europe) who didn't receive it...

The Heartbleed is mainly affecting Europe, which is why the notice went out. The forced change was not something we were aware of, so I can't say much on that. We've contacted our EU offices and are trying to figure out what went wrong.
    edited July 2014

From what I can understand everyone with chars on Morai did got the email, that's why some of the U.S and other non-EU countries players did got it too, I do have a level 1 char on Morai so do the other ''U.S'' players that I know got the email.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• _aGhost_ - Sanctuary
    _aGhost_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It doesn't mean you were affected by the virus, it just means the our EU team accidentally forced a password reset on players it should not have. We are working to resolve the issue and I'll post in the thread with any new updates.

Thank you b:surrender
  • chilpod
    chilpod Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Didn't recieve the mail.
    But changing my password can't hurt.

b:victory
  • trixxiklein
    trixxiklein Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I am.. very upset over this

I didn't get ANY notification and yet my two main accounts are not accessable anymore..

the link to reset the account pw doesn't work since simply NO EMAIL is being send to the email address

so how do I get my accounts back? one of them is my cash account.... not only for one PWE title........

I live in the EU... play on US server simply since back then there where 0 EU servers..

I know from several other players on Archo server who have the same issues now..

We all seek fast help now..b:sad
  • Kittysama - Raging Tide_1432680721
    edited July 2014
    Did they gather IPs of who's european and who's not from forum? From what Kitty's seen and heard, forced password change seems to have hit mostly on accounts used for posting on forums(while other account untouched).

Though Kitty's quite aware they won't admit going so deep into privacy breaking even if they actually did.

Luckily Kitty had deleted her old mains. If old Kittysama still existed, Kitty would have lost access due to having used FB-email for registering and as Kitty quit FB she lost access to that e-mail.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Final ragequit on 21/02/2014 'cause ARC. Back on 15/04/2014, RL was bored.
    Ten Paths of Kittyness(old mains when deleted): Kittysama 100(100) Sage HA-Venomancer |Aivina 100(101) Sage (ex-Zerk) Str. Seeker | Kittytart 90(101) Demon All path Zerk BM | KittyFishie 92(101) Demon APS/DPH Zerk Assassin | Haroin 100(100) Demon Vit. Zerk Barbarian | Elfborn 82(100) Demon Cleric | Pessimiste 85(100) Sage Wizard | PalavaEnkeli 87(100) Demon Fist/APS-Archer | VerenVanki 85(100) Demon Mystic | MerenPeto 85(100) Sage Psychic
    Current mains: Old psy and 19 new/recreated mains(avg. level 82)
  • Templar - Sanctuary
    Templar - Sanctuary Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I refuse to change my pass 1234 is so easy to tipe and remmeber.
  • Ieas - Morai
    Ieas - Morai Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    what happens when u dont have access to the Email due to it being an old Email and where i have many account cant find the email linked to the account?
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited July 2014
    The Heartbleed is mainly affecting Europe, which is why the notice went out. The forced change was not something we were aware of, so I can't say much on that. We've contacted our EU offices and are trying to figure out what went wrong.

Ok thanks sparkie, I know you don't have all information.

But honestly what did the EU team is kinda funny. They didnt even log out the chars, they just banned temporarily all the accounts (with a forced password reset) and the surprise was when trying to logging out then logging back. Ok this was not a total surprise since some mails have been sent but well... no communication IG or anything so it was really a total mess (and I think some people still don't pay attention to that because they haven't logged back yet)

Once again good luck to deal with all the people that forgot their mail address or anything, I'm now ok on my side b:victory
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    edited July 2014
    I'm surprise no one did ask for a compensation... yet. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Zoldi - Morai
    edited July 2014
    I'm surprise no one did ask for a compensation... yet. b:chuckle

Actually I heard some did by submitting a ticket. And I think this story is still far from the end b:laugh As I said, a lot of people have not logged out yet and it's 1 AM now in Paris for example.
    Tomorrow after maintenance it might become funnier b:shocked
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~