Arc will install any game but PW

automation87
automation87 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2014 in Support Desk
I have excluded arc from my antivirus (something you do not have to do with steam or battle.net), firewall is turned off, (and excluded arc to be sure) Arc will download neverwinter, so I know its not an antivirus issue, so why does it go to error when trying to download PW? Clearly this is an arc issue, since it will download some games off arc but not others.
Post edited by automation87 on

Comments

• automation87
    edited June 2014
    I am going to try the torrent SylvenThunder posted elsewhere, hopefully arc recognizes it and updates it accordingly b:surrender Sad arc has been out this long and is still steaming ****
  • automation87
    edited June 2014
    Torrent seems to have worked (thanks sylven for the link). I was able to install PWI without Arc, and Arc read PWI after it was installed. It is patching now.

Thank you PWI for making Arc, you sure know how to frustrate your customers with programs that do not work b:bye Remember not all of your customers are smart enough to get passed your broken software. For every 1 of me that succeeds, you are probably losing 100 customers that say **** it without ever making a single post. You should at least make the torrent available on official sites so that users do not have to dig for it. You know, make an alternate method of installing PWI for when Arc inevitably fails?
  • Manavich - Heavens Tear
    Manavich - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    yup . arc is not our friend . does more harm than good . i had to put forsaken world on a seperate drive i had to make for games with major issues . thanks a lot arc . perfect world is a big hassle to keep running too .
    if you must use arc then at least give free items ,try to make it usefull maybe . it is not viable .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ellord00
    ellord00 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    where is this torrent file i cant find it the download link that sylve posted became for arc .
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited July 2014
    ellord00 wrote: »
    where is this torrent file i cant find it the download link that sylve posted became for arc .
    It was for version 699. you really don't want that.

In any case, all version I had stored were removed. I'll have to work on setting up a new one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]