CS

mochabear#4763
mochabear#4763 Posts: 26 Arc User
edited July 2014 in General Discussion
Hi!

I didnt want to derail another thread but I just had to add smoething to what ppl argue about all the time. Its the CS vs nonCS fight. Yes, there are 2 sides where they fight against each other, sometimes to extremes. Even to the point of name calling in this other post (and probably other threads in the past).

First a background, I will not go much further than say not everyone is 100% healthy and live to 80+. I worked and earned my money. While i spent years in another mmo I decided to start PWI. I knew I was starting late so I thought id invest funds to put me around where everyone else is. I do not regret this for 1 minute. I am now able to play with friends in FSP, UCH etc and even enjoy nw tw. I would not have been able to do this at being 85 nonrb with poor gear trying to finish a wraithgate solo. Its just how it is, this game has a majority of players at 100. I never was fond of equipment requirements, in fact my first post was to unbind basic badges so that I can buy them for my G16, cause no one wanted me in squad without a g16 weapon. I was not able to do warsong. Now I am able to do any pav easily with my R9rr gear and have no problems teaching others how to do warsong.

The point of this post is to say that in this argument of CS vs nonCS. I think people should be free to spend their money as they see fit for themselves. Why does each side want to tell the other side what to do with their money? Do you like people telling you what to do with your money as if they know you 100%? No, because you are an expert on your own situation, and should spend your money as you see fit for yourself, not for someone else.

So, lets say someone has an illness and only has so many years left. Do you really expect this person to spend 2 years farming mob by mob for r9rr to get to a point where they can squad for fsp/uch with others? Or maybe spend some money to put yourself where others are and enjoy the game with others? Why do people assume everyone else is 21 perfectly healthy with 60 years more to live.

People dont need to be told how to spend their own money or be ridiculed for it. Thanks.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Kittysama - Raging Tide_1432680721
    edited July 2014
    CSing itself isn't the problem, but not bothering to learn the simpliest basics of class, which happens to many who just simply buy heads from lvl 1 to 101 and R9 right away, without ever really doing anything.

There's more than a few cases like this Kitty's heard of.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Final ragequit on 21/02/2014 'cause ARC. Back on 15/04/2014, RL was bored.
    Ten Paths of Kittyness(old mains when deleted): Kittysama 100(100) Sage HA-Venomancer |Aivina 100(101) Sage (ex-Zerk) Str. Seeker | Kittytart 90(101) Demon All path Zerk BM | KittyFishie 92(101) Demon APS/DPH Zerk Assassin | Haroin 100(100) Demon Vit. Zerk Barbarian | Elfborn 82(100) Demon Cleric | Pessimiste 85(100) Sage Wizard | PalavaEnkeli 87(100) Demon Fist/APS-Archer | VerenVanki 85(100) Demon Mystic | MerenPeto 85(100) Sage Psychic
    Current mains: Old psy and 19 new/recreated mains(avg. level 82)
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    thank you for adding your two cents, what an insightful and previously unheard of argument, my mailbox is emptied and is waiting for your gracious gifts (packs are cool)
  • maestro121
    maestro121 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    While your post is quite well thought out and rational, I'm sure some elitist will still pass by any minute now and call you a "moron" for choosing to spend your hard earned money the way you want to. b:chuckle

Good luck !
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Hi!

I didnt want to derail another thread but I just had to add smoething to what ppl argue about all the time. Its the CS vs nonCS fight. Yes, there are 2 sides where they fight against each other, sometimes to extremes. Even to the point of name calling in this other post (and probably other threads in the past).

First a background, I will not go much further than say not everyone is 100% healthy and live to 80+. I worked and earned my money. While i spent years in another mmo I decided to start PWI. I knew I was starting late so I thought id invest funds to put me around where everyone else is. I do not regret this for 1 minute. I am now able to play with friends in FSP, UCH etc and even enjoy nw tw. I would not have been able to do this at being 85 nonrb with poor gear trying to finish a wraithgate solo. Its just how it is, this game has a majority of players at 100. I never was fond of equipment requirements, in fact my first post was to unbind basic badges so that I can buy them for my G16, cause no one wanted me in squad without a g16 weapon. I was not able to do warsong. Now I am able to do any pav easily with my R9rr gear and have no problems teaching others how to do warsong.

The point of this post is to say that in this argument of CS vs nonCS. I think people should be free to spend their money as they see fit for themselves. Why does each side want to tell the other side what to do with their money? Do you like people telling you what to do with your money as if they know you 100%? No, because you are an expert on your own situation, and should spend your money as you see fit for yourself, not for someone else.

So, lets say someone has an illness and only has so many years left. Do you really expect this person to spend 2 years farming mob by mob for r9rr to get to a point where they can squad for fsp/uch with others? Or maybe spend some money to put yourself where others are and enjoy the game with others? Why do people assume everyone else is 21 perfectly healthy with 60 years more to live.

People dont need to be told how to spend their own money or be ridiculed for it. Thanks.

I am not saying noone is allowed to spend their money as they wish. But i am allowed to voice my oppinion about it right. And of course while i think big CSers are *******, i am happy that they are there. Thats how the world works, in some aspects ******* make the world better for the rest the people. I am also happy that there are people working at mc donalds when i want a burger. I am also happy ******* made it possible for me to make a ****load of money playing poker against them for 5 years.

Usually i keep my mouth shut about this topic because it is pointless and as we said in poker "dont tab the aquarium". However now and then people accuse all well geared players to be CSers. Sometimes CSers even act cocky and think others dont CS because they are poor. And in that kind of cases i sometimes cant resist but react b:chuckle

Honestly though, i am not that much a bad guy being happy about people losing their money to benefit me. I actually did warn countless people not to play poker too. Even though i come off as an *******, i usually mean it good or at least some part does. (of course there is also the stupid ego part that cant resist to react against things i just mentioned above) And while i think PWI itself can be worse than a drug addiction, i think CSing in a game like this can be worse than an expensive drug addiction. And i do like to help people take a different look at that kind of behaviour. I would also happily encourage mc donalds employees to educate themselves so they can have a better life.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    CSing itself isn't the problem, but not bothering to learn the simpliest basics of class, which happens to many who just simply buy heads from lvl 1 to 101 and R9 right away, without ever really doing anything.

There's more than a few cases like this Kitty's heard of.

Cause those ppl came in the game and they see R9rrr+12 players and are like: ''WOW thats is so awesome. I want that and I want it NOW.'' And if they can afford it they do it. They power lvl without learning their class, they buy their end game gear. They become all gear no skill.
    So when they fight against of a R9rrr+12 players that know to play his class and they lose they start raging that the game is failure, that the classes are unbalenced, that the other player cheated or did something strange, that the other was fullbuffed while he was self buffed and so on.
    giphy.gif

• Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I think that fight come from the attitude of some big c$ers that think they are better cause they spent thousand of dollars in the game. More geared? Yes, more skilled? No.

I don't think non-c$ers have anything against c$ers cause they spend money in game, c$ers keep the game ''alive'' and free, but some c$ers have a really bad attitude and hurt the c$ers reputation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    Be it cash shopper or non-cash shopper you know what we all are? Players. That should really be the only distinction that matters in my opinion. Sure it can be annoying in game when someone who clearly has no idea what they are doing kills you just because of better gear. And yea some people's superior ego bout cash-shopping or being a f2p is annoying. But don't let it get to you. Those people don't know you and at the end we're all just players. Of a video game. None of this matters in the grand scheme of things. So spend as much as you can reasonably afford without hurting yourself or others on any darn entertainment you please. As long as you are okay with your choices and enjoyed your time spent, nothing else matters.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Kalopsia - Dreamweaver
    Kalopsia - Dreamweaver Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    As far as I know, I'm the best geared f2p player in all the servers. I still get flamed daily in wc for being a huge casher, every person has a different story about my life and how much money I've supposedly spent on the game.

So regardless, people will hate no matter what. I'm at the point where I no longer even know who the jealous people hate more, the ones who cashed a ton, or the ones who played f2p and did what they couldn't do. Whether you cash or play f2p it makes no difference, everything is attainable f2p, the game is setup nicely so this is the case unlike many other f2p mmo's.

Everyone's different, everyone has their own income and entertainment value, and free time / patience. To each their own, casher or f2p, the only people I find sad / pathetic are the ones whom are continually jealous of what others have.
  • Nudimmud - Lost City
    Nudimmud - Lost City Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    As far as I know, I'm the best geared f2p player in all the servers. I still get flamed daily in wc for being a huge casher, every person has a different story about my life and how much money I've supposedly spent on the game.

So regardless, people will hate no matter what. I'm at the point where I no longer even know who the jealous people hate more, the ones who cashed a ton, or the ones who played f2p and did what they couldn't do. Whether you cash or play f2p it makes no difference, everything is attainable f2p, the game is setup nicely so this is the case unlike many other f2p mmo's.

Everyone's different, everyone has their own income and entertainment value, and free time / patience. To each their own, casher or f2p, the only people I find sad / pathetic are the ones whom are continually jealous of what others have.

First off, that initial statement of what I'm quoting is totally unfounded and I can basically guarantee that you are mistaken.

That being said, I don't really see a point to this thread. Everyone has their own opinions on cash-shopping and something like this isn't going to change the system or peoples' opinions of it. There isn't even really a point of discussion here. It just sounds like the OP wanted to vent some feelings and made a new thread for that purpose.
  • mochabear#4763
    edited July 2014
    First off, that initial statement of what I'm quoting is totally unfounded and I can basically guarantee that you are mistaken.

That being said, I don't really see a point to this thread. Everyone has their own opinions on cash-shopping and something like this isn't going to change the system or peoples' opinions of it. There isn't even really a point of discussion here. It just sounds like the OP wanted to vent some feelings and made a new thread for that purpose.

Well it sounds like you've given up hope on people and jaded enough to think people can act like jerks in a video game. Some people do understand though and I appreciate the above posters that understand this situation.
  • Temeilion - Harshlands
    Temeilion - Harshlands Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Everything in this game is 100% earnable with no cash..if you follow the progression path and focus each new task with equal vigilance,

Cs`ing can speed that up..or allow you to skip some of it..but its is by no means required to become competitive to pretty much all but the fully finished guys..who more often than not are standing around afk.

a Decent faction and someone who knows what u should focus your attention and time into next is pretty much the key in this game to getting anything u want with time..( its a long game u cant expect to catch up in 6 months).but u can be in a possition to earn for yourself in 6 months easy..if you focus`d your time wisely..i`d say a few week`s for returning players

Hell once 2nd rebirthed pretty much all pve stuff is farmable in tt-90 ****...and they dont stress this part enough..Rebirth is stupid fast..heck once u make it to lvl 100 and tt-90 u can rebirth and be lvl 70 agian in 3-4 hours...with your tt-90 armor back on and equiped..AND alll those free stats ....

I have personally shown players how to merch and farm for rank 9 in less than 6 months after they got to lvl 100 and have there g16 armor , many having never spent a dime in game...and i gave them nothing but advice...and knowledge..

Fact is this game has a huge learning curve..which makes it seem 100 % pay to win..but thats only because most of those who know the path...give two shyts about teaching or shareing that knowledge with the next Generation of players..

Yes i have CS`d and i have decent gear...and yes im running fc`s Ws with 5 lvl 80+`s and TT 3-3 runs making people g16...why ? cause the game is more fun with people..and you dont fix stuff standing around all +12 in Arch looking pretty..Get out there and lift up the next Gen..

So 2-3 months from now..u have more people on boths sides of the lines..activity fixes everthing..wanna show me your OP ?

Go make someone else OP....then repeat..

Happy Hunting all
  • trands
    trands Posts: 2
    edited July 2014
    I never got the hate between cs and non-cs players.

Those who do cs value time more then money. Those who don't value money more then time. Both have their ego players, idiots and *******s.

If I were totally f2p, I wouldn't ever have been more then a 1 shot with **** gear. I know how to make money in game, however I don't have the time for that and for me it's total non-sense. Why would I even want to spend several hours in a game doing boring stuff to make coins when I get way more with 1 hour real work ? I never really got along with the over-zealous f2p ppl in PWI. They think I'm sick because I spend precious money. I think they are unhealthy because they put way to much time to "achieve" something in a game.

The main problem in PWI though, is that everything that can be considered endgame is connected to gold. If there is any game where anti-cs players shouldn't be, it's this one. Nobody will achieve full JoSD on tigers, SoT on lucidgold, r9 on bh + TW rewards and full +12 on luck.
  • Temeilion - Harshlands
    Temeilion - Harshlands Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    FSP
    UCH
    CUBE
    MORI
    BH
    BOT (haha not even at the comp there)
    catshop s(my little shop makes me 50-100mil a week profits not sitting there watching it)
    Auction house
    gold market (which i dont even mess with)

the idea someone who wants to put 4-5 hours a day into these things cant catch full everything with time..is wrong.. plenty have done it...yes you value your time more so u have np putting some cash into the game..hey me too...i dont blame u...but your dead wrong if you think those with just time are at any huge dis-advantage in this game..im betting alot more of the players that earn what they have with time...are still playing..while more and more of the CS only guys are quiting because each next step costs them more and more real life money

while those who make it on time...go right on making more of it..once they get there`s...sometimes money runs out...but for some people...all they have is time.

And this game Is 100% free with proper focused time...sorry u dont see that..maybe there is a dis-advantage to some people cs`ing...
  • trands
    trands Posts: 2
    edited July 2014
    FSP
    UCH
    CUBE
    MORI
    BH
    BOT (haha not even at the comp there)
    catshop s(my little shop makes me 50-100mil a week profits not sitting there watching it)
    Auction house
    gold market (which i dont even mess with)

the idea someone who wants to put 4-5 hours a day into these things cant catch full everything with time..is wrong.. plenty have done it...yes you value your time more so u have np putting some cash into the game..hey me too...i dont blame u...but your dead wrong if you think those with just time are at any huge dis-advantage in this game..im betting alot more of the players that earn what they have with time...are still playing..while more and more of the CS only guys are quiting because each next step costs them more and more real life money

while those who make it on time...go right on making more of it..once they get there`s...sometimes money runs out...but for some people...all they have is time.

And this game Is 100% free with proper focused time...sorry u dont see that..maybe there is a dis-advantage to some people cs`ing...

I don't have the time to do the 1st 5 every day.

Everyone who plays will get money. That what you get of your shop is totally neglectable. 50~100mil a week, that's 15~30 gold, like seriously, the time to pick up a phone and make a call. Why would I even bother to get a 3rd client for that? Even if I did, I should put it in a bot, not in a shop like that. But I really wonder why you would run a shop for less profit then a bot makes. That's just silly.

Putting effort for real will always give me more in terms of ingame gain, while leaving the opportunity to spend it on other things then PWI. Real business > catshop, always and everywhere.
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    As someone who is trying to go the F2P route on the Morai server, I can tell you it's getting quite hard. Autocultivation has made coins less valuable then before. I used to grind my rear off on Jolly Jones, but it's just not worth it anymore, the rewards haven't kept up with the inflation. I'm contemplating going the cash route and getting my BM a good set of R9 gear, and some War Avatar Catalyst to grab a bunch of S packs - being a single man with a fulltime job, I simply don't have the time to play -all- day ('though on good days, autoculti says otherwise b:laugh).

But at the same time I'm also doing what many other players are doing - creating a small botfarm of archers and adding to the problem. Because with rising prices all the time, there's really no other way anymore to keep up. Is it still possible to farm your way to R9? Sure. Is it possible to do it while honoring all the rules, especially those regarding multiclienting? Doubtful, unless you want to spend a few years at it, and that will test even a monk's patience.

[Edit] @Above: I feel you with regards to the dailies. Running Morai/Primal RB2/Factionbase/BH1&BH2/FSP takes a few hours daily... Luckily UCH isn't too critical - It is only used for bloods and rank 8 upgrades really, or to try to fetch those rare fliers. I tend to run it once every 2 days and on the days I don't run it, I take the orange quest so I can do that one twice on the days I do run it (7 bloods instead of 5 that way).
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    Knock it off with the personal attacks people, this isn't the place.

And yes, naming and shaming is also inappropriate.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • mochabear#4763
    edited July 2014
    Hi!

Just wanted to point out that from my forum experience, you can private message forum users/mods if there is any issue and mods can assess the situation and act accordingly. Usually this is standard procedure, using the message system on a forum. Thanks!
  • Boomz - Harshlands
    Boomz - Harshlands Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    CSing isn't a bad thing necessarily but it has a certain tint (a bad one) to it makes gives that person a sense that they acquired their gear the "wrong" way. Because of that and the hatred some people have because they can't accept reality that some can cs and others can't csers, at least on the harshlands server, have been deemed "bad." And like others said the whole labeling csers is a big thing. I have r93rd +12/+10 gear with a/s cards and because of that people on my server think i'm a cser even though i actually farmed and merchanted my gear. Truthfully i don't necessarily mind whether people drinking that haterade are calling me that but i think that the annoyance factor is there. The sole problem with csing is that the people that can't or don't cs are spending most of their time b!t!h!ng about it instead of farming/merchanting.

Edit: btw making lots of coin is very possible in this game now. I make well over a billion coins a month from primarily merchanting and a bit of farming.
    ░░░░███████]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂ cause i can't make art, so i made
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤this awesome tank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 1 shot king. LV 150 FSP bosses hit for 3m. Top Player hit record: 652,656.