94 - Cleric
Post edited by Mysticalluck - Lost City on

Comments

• CrimSonic - Archosaur
    CrimSonic - Archosaur Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    can i solo fc with this armor -

http://pwcalc.com/b2add7445aa8cb62
    my question is? u don't have lvl 10 at least dagger devotion? if not, get it!

and, make the link more like yours in game, add the shards/raffines of your armors etc...

if u have at least 4.5k hp i think u might me able to solo through room,
    You realise that you are standing near a Inteligent Man when all the idiots come arround him!
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Solo with your mystic, you gonna be surprised b:victory
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    Is your gear literally unrefined and unsharded?

Does your assassin really not even have dagger devotion leveled?

If either of the above is yes, I highly doubt you have the skill required to get away with it even though it would be ~possible~.

If the answer to the above is no, then you won't know for sure until you try considering a mid-80s sin with decent gear can solo it.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Kittysama - Raging Tide_1432680721
    edited July 2014

Possible when buffed, but requires some skill. And a sin like that would be 2-shot by XP-room boss or Messenger of Fear, so highly unlikely that you'd solo it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Final ragequit on 21/02/2014 'cause ARC. Back on 15/04/2014, RL was bored.
    Ten Paths of Kittyness(old mains when deleted): Kittysama 100(100) Sage HA-Venomancer |Aivina 100(101) Sage (ex-Zerk) Str. Seeker | Kittytart 90(101) Demon All path Zerk BM | KittyFishie 92(101) Demon APS/DPH Zerk Assassin | Haroin 100(100) Demon Vit. Zerk Barbarian | Elfborn 82(100) Demon Cleric | Pessimiste 85(100) Sage Wizard | PalavaEnkeli 87(100) Demon Fist/APS-Archer | VerenVanki 85(100) Demon Mystic | MerenPeto 85(100) Sage Psychic
    Current mains: Old psy and 19 new/recreated mains(avg. level 82)
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    upgrade the chest to r8 for increased defenses and another interval. The r8 ring will help with your dmg as well. You should also invest in either farming a lunar int cape or buying a badge to make one. The hat is decent, but you should also invest in the la g15 niv one or upgrade that to g16.

You wont really know if you can solo fc or not till you try. With low defenses like that your learning curve comes in to play. If you cant put a boss down in one, two or even three sparks you are going to have to learn their behavior.

You also have to take in account how long it may take you to solo that instance. If you are doing it for coin, it probably wont be worth it. Take a stab at running fb89 (brimstone), you could very well make 10x what you could make selling the big room in the same time period with just npc drops
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Possible when buffed, but requires some skill. And a sin like that would be 2-shot by XP-room boss or Messenger of Fear, so highly unlikely that you'd solo it.

What are you talking about? A sin like that will die at first boss in FC.
    giphy.gif

• Mysticalluck - Lost City
    Mysticalluck - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    my sin's armor is refined and haves shards

my armor together is 2.50aps. if this isnt good, can someone please tell me the armor that i will be needing to solo fc
    100 - Assassin
    102 - Mystic
    94 - Cleric
  • opkossy
    edited July 2014
    my sin's armor is refined and haves shards

my armor together is 2.50aps. if this isnt good, can someone please tell me the armor that i will be needing to solo fc
    As I said, a skilled assassin in their mid-80s can solo FC. And at most they'd have in terms of APS is 2.0 base.

It's less about your armor and APS as it is about your skill with the class itself. Do you suck at sin and want to do a fast run you mostly stealth through? Hit level 100 and grab some high refined weapon and enough APS gear that you can permaspark for easy mode. Are you good at sin and don't mind taking a bit? Congrats, you can run it in the mid-90s with an okayish weapon as long as you don't bite off more than you can chew. Are you incredibly skilled at sin and happen to not mind the fact that you'll take a while to kill stuff? Well that's great for you and you can solo in your 80s as long as you're careful and don't **** up.

Really, you have to go in and see for yourself what you can do. You could be a full R9 third cast assassin and still get killed in FC if you suck that badly at the class. And nobody here will be able to tell you what your own skill is. Considering your posts so far, you're kind of giving the impression you aren't a very good sin, in which case you'll likely be one of the ones better off waiting til you have a +7-10 weapon and 4.0/5.0 APS sparked before you can solo in there.
  • Mysticalluck - Lost City
    Mysticalluck - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    i know how to use a sin properly but i just haven't soloed fc before
    100 - Assassin
    102 - Mystic
    94 - Cleric
  • opkossy
    edited July 2014
    Well if you're even halfway decent with the class, you should be able to manage in that gear setup (with refines/shards taken into account, of course).

Go in and give it a shot while buffed. If you fail, come back and let us know what gave you issue and we can work with things from there.

Like said before, though, soloing frost is more about your own skill with the class than your APS or whatever. The better your gear, the more it compensates for a lack of skill... but even if you were in a standard APS setup with a G16 +10 weapon, we'd still say to go in and see for yourself because even in that gear setup an unskilled player will die in FC while a skilled player will roll through it effortlessly.

To put it into perspective, a level 85 sin geared with something like http://pwcalc.com/7fed34421b9d2a6b can solo FC if they don't mind it taking a while AND have the high skill required to pull it off.

So like I said, it's not about APS. Not about what your armor gives. It's about your own skill with the class and since we can't tell you how skilled you are without seeing you or knowing what gives you issues, all we can say is to go in and try for yourself.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014

You say that but then you keep trying to throw APS at FC and thinking that's the sole problem. I'm joking. b:avoid Well half joking anyway. What level is dagger devotion? Why are you linking an NPC cape? If you are using an NPC cape why wouldn't it at least be a higher level NPC cape?

But seriously what level is dagger devotion? You might want to put a more accurate calc up, it will up determine how easy a time you should have with it. Your attack and defense isn't just about APS, refines and shards also make a huge difference. Someone with +12 can just look at the mobs funny and they'd die. Someone with the calc you linked would need to know about things like Spark resisting certain bosses attacks because it's gonna take awhile and may not be worth doing monetarily wise not just because it takes forever but because of the opportunity costs you lose by wasting your time there instead of running with a squad.

For the record, I first solo'ed FC when pixie piercers were a new thing (so none of this cards/spirit/rebirth stuff existed) and I was like, I want to say level 98....somewhere between the levels of 95-99. So the only really good piece of APS gear I had was the bracers of blood moon, which are sweet as hell for lowbies but not at all that impressive of a piece of gear. I had a wraithgate cape, no tome. My APS certainly wasn't as high as yours, nor could I wear most of the gear you are wearing. No refine higher than +5 either. I'm not saying that to brag, I'm saying it to point it out that a sin of your level should be perfectly capable of soloing it. Even if that really is your calc. It's an instance for level 80s for pete's sake.

But I don't know if you've levelled the right skills, or if you have a good genie. I don't know how good you are with your sin. Lots of sins need a bit higher gear until they get more used to sin at level 100 as that's where a lot of the major gameplay is and that's alright. And I don't know even if you can solo it, what your refine and shard situation is because it could very well be not worth your time, regardless if you can or not.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited July 2014

If you have been in fc runs(sqaud) till now you should now what to do at every boss. you know that you must avoid yellow circles at first boss, weaken the 2nd boss and glitch him if you cannot kill him fast enough( my sin cant kill it fast enough so i use an alt to glitch it) . Need to spark everytime when Deadrinda says:'' let all this fade away and so on.
    So give it a try and see if you can do it.You may need try several times till you can solo it.
    At my first 3-4 tries i couldnt pass first boss being full buffed and and hp of over8k. Now i do full fc Starting at first shade, finishing at holleen , and i do it only self buffed.
    giphy.gif

• Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited July 2014

If you know how to use sin properly you shouldn't be needing to ask it here. Go inside and run till you die, then run again untill you don't die. Even 2aps sins with tt80 daggers are able to solo TT, including boss in exp room. With g13 daggers, mostly tt99 armors, you should be fine without even having to ask it here.