Mystic 1v1 guide.

Options
ksfe
ksfe Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2014 in Mystic
oki guys. this ist my mystic 1v1 guide, as a pvp mystic this is my playstyle and i choose to share it for any mystic that just only begun to pvp.

Mystic VS barb- ive noticed alot of mystics rrr9 or lower gear'd do this when fighting barbs(w/o new primal skills) they let the barb get in melee range. barbs can do great damage, and with their new primal knockdown skill they can spam it(unless you got the r9 weap puri). so best to do ist use SP(spidervine) on them this would slow them down quite abit/ with bramble that should get them out of range also and give you enough time to heal/fp/damage or summon pet to stun while you try getting away/DD.

Mystic VS venom- alot of mystics(even i at one time) ignored venom pets. well that's a very bad idea. the way to avoid being "Ganked" by the veno and pet ist to sleep veno with LB while she's asleep use rapid and AS the pet. depending on your gear it should be a 1shot. then before the veno can kite you. (SS) summer sprint."VERY FAST AS DEMON SS" use SP. should slow her down abit. with this time use your devil stun-NV-rapid-AS (genie debuff phy def) and it should be over.. "Depending on the veno build and both gear".

Mystic VS archer- the further you are away from an archer the harder they hit. at least that's what ive noticed. now for a mystic only thing worst than melee aps ist range aps. archers mostly go for the stun at the start of a match, avoid this by using energy leech with devil pet. would give you enough defense(depending on both gear) and anti stun. use this time to get close to the archer and deal damage. try to keep him as close to you as possible. gale force to silence him best choice, as archers got a /\ jump skill and can avoid your plants if casted at the wrong time.

Mystic VS psy- now mystic and psys can fight for days, but the fastest way to to kill a psy is to wait. their main combo is stun (SWITCH VODOO) this is what you wait for. the moment they switch. use ad. depending on the psy stun skill lvl it can be long or short. when you get out of stun before they can switch back sleep them. using AS on them with rapid/a channeling pot wont wake them then before your sleep skills wear out use devil stun and do the full combo. should be a 2 shot. (depending on skill and gear

Mystic VS cleric- clerics they can keep you asleep for hrs XD... and without puri on weap breaking this seems hard. becauz if they see you cast an anti stun they'll simply sog you.
my best advice for this is to wait. when they finish combo keep healing becauz they prolly debuff'd you. then same as psy... sleep full AS combo. should= death.

Mystic VS sin- if it's an aps sin. mystics got loads of ways to defend. but DPH sins are diff. my best advice is catch them as fast as you can and hit as hard as you can. with rrr9 sins it's kill or be killed. with that new primal skills makes that even more real.

Mystic VS bm- bm new primal skill can get you thru puri b:shocked so it all comes down to keeping them far away from you and doing as much damage as you can. if you can keep them stun'd/sleep/silence long enough for their mag marrow to go off. you can spark and kill them (dpending on gear)

Mystic VS seeker- my way of explaining seekers are that they're. barbs with the range of archers and the crits of wizards. they hit hard period. u cant avoid this unless you got good enough gear. so best thing to do in a 1v1 situation with seeker. is aps magic damage him. what i mean i stun and do as much damage as fast as you can so this involve rapid/channeling pot. also one of your plants lower target phy and magic atk. that would go good with seekers.

Mystic VS wizard- wizards hits hard but little ways of defending themself. a simple stun AS combo should do the trick. but gotta catch them in time becauz they can instant sleep u without moving so hard to tell when it's coming. but you can instant heal. so if it's not a 1shot it's np for a mystic

oh and i believe psys got a puri with their healing skill. sage/demon so if you're doing a combo do it fast before they puri the debuff.
Post edited by ksfe on

Comments

• Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    ksfe wrote: »
    as a pvp mystic this is my playstyle and i choose to share it for any mystic that just only begun to pvp.

First of all thanks for sharing your views. I'm gonna share mines on some points (there are other things I disagree with but well...)

Mystic VS venom- alot of mystics(even i at one time) ignored venom pets. well that's a very bad idea.

I don't think this is a bad idea at all. You can of course try to use AOE to hit both veno and pets (and usually OS the pet) but otherwise the pets should not be the priority, except maybe if the veno really outgears you and you can't kill her fast. The priority must be the veno herself, especially if you haven't been purged/amp yet. And you shouldn't have lot of difficulties to kill her even without paying attention to her pet.

the further you are away from an archer the harder they hit.

Not really accurate. Archer's damage are reduced if you're close to him, but there are just two possibilities, damage are not proportional to the range

clerics they can keep you asleep for hrs XD... and without puri on weap breaking this seems hard.

I don't understand what you mean. For purify to proc on weapon you need to be hit. And if someones hits you this will wake you up anyway.

if you can keep them stun'd/sleep/silence long enough for their mag marrow to go off.

What do you do once mag marrow is off and you don't have anymore stuns/sleep ? Marrow's cooldown is only 10 sec and this lasts 30 s
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I was thinking about making a topic about this myself.

First let me tell you what my gear is for reference, your own experience may be different (G16 mystic won't have Purify, etc.)

I'm r999, +12 weapon, +10 armor, exclusive garnet shards, above average cards (2S 4A, 478 spirit). I'm demon.

=============
    Mystic versus Archer

This is the single hardest fight for me due to archer purge. They're squishy enough when you can hit them, but they can chain immunities for a very long time and sooner or later purge will kick in. They typically open with stunning arrow, so ksfe's suggestion of leeching chiyu is good. I usually blow the 2 sparks to Thicket them when I see an opening in their immunities. Thicket shuts them down hard - they can't attack if they're sealed and they can't kite if they're frozen. Other than that you can run away from them and try and waste their immunes but purge is a very difficult thing to fight.

==============
    Mystic versus Assassin

This is one of the easiest fights. Mystic is *the* anti-assassin class. Sin has to stunlock you long enough to outlast Falling Petals, without getting stunned himself by Chiyu. That usually doesn't happen. When stunlocked, you should be holding down a movement key to get away as soon as purify procs. Don't stand there and take his attacks. Even moving a few feet will cause him to have to move and disrupt his attacks. Sins are extremely vulnerable to status. But wait don't they have Tidal Protection? Yes, but it's not 100%, and landing even one status on a sin usually means death for him. Keep spamming plants, Thicket (excellent class to use this on) until he gets statused by something and you've won.

============
    Mystic versus Barb

This is a big topic because there are many types of barbs.

APS barbs: complete joke. This is a horrible build for PVP. Maybe there are some good ones on other servers but the ones on Sanctuary are complete fail. These guys think they are sins but they don't have the damage or the stunlock ability to do anything.

Catabarbs: These can be difficult to kill. I can solo a mid-geared TW barb (40-45k hp) by using Sublime Transfusion (after their invoke has worn off). But the 50k+ high end ones are too much for me to solo. Offensively a good arma can still kill me with my gear, so you need to watch out when they switch to human form.

Strength barbs: These can be a joke or dangerous depending on their skill level. The ones who spam the new primal skill are a joke. It does so little damage that it won't come close to breaking your healing. The biggest danger from these is them tying you up until someone who is actually dangerous comes along. The barbs that use a variety of offensive skills are extremely dangerous. They may open with the primal stun but then they switch to attacks that do real damage. Run away from these and use plants to control them until you can set up a kill.

===========
    Mystic versus BM

BMs are extremely hard to kill 1v1. They have high hp and high magic defense. Absorb Soul can hit them pretty hard when they are in magic marrow, but beware the long casting time of AS. If you are demon you should use Mo Zun's Taunt on them - BMs are extremely chi-dependent and any you can take away will hinder them greatly. This is another class worth using Sublime Transfusion on.

============
    Mystic versus Cleric

Clerics are annoying because they can sleep and Seal of God you for a very long time. What they cannot do is significantly hurt you. They don't have the offense to break your magic defense and healing. Sublime Transfusion destroys them. Absorb Soul is usually good because most clerics shard hp and rely on their Plume Shell for physical defense (which AS bypasses). This is an easy fight for mystic, although it may take a while depending on how much cleric stalls. Again chi draining is good here because it stops their SOG and they gain chi back extremely slowly.

=============
    Mystic versus Mystic

Endgame mystics can't hurt each other at all. We can't purge, and we can't outDD their healing. Just put them to sleep and move on to another target.

=============
    Mystic versus Psychic

This is an easy fight. Your colossal water defense shuts down half of psy's offense right off the bat. They also don't have spammable healing. They do have some very long duration stuns and seals though (depending how high their soulforce is). You can control them with plants while you set up a big enough combo to break through their White Voodoo defenses. If you fight psys on a regular basis a genie with Will Surge can help with their seals.

=============
    Mystic versus Seeker

Seekers are the most overrated class in the game. There is one on Sanctuary that can 1-hit me, but he has *maxed* gear with 850+ strength. There are a couple of others with full JoSD that can give me problems. But ones of my gear level? So easy. Just pew pew and they die, Sublime Transfusion if they're tanky.

=================
    Mystic versus Venomancer

This is a pretty even match. First of all, the pets are not a problem to a high-gear mystic. Even the monkey does no damage. Some venos set their monkey up to be very tanky, but DOT attacks (swirling mist) bypass their defenses and kill them easily. What is a problem is purge, chi drain, and control skills. A veno cannot significantly damage you while you have Verdant Shell up. So when you are purged you need to recast this as soon as possible. Alternately if you are demon you can use Verdant Shell preemptively to try and resist purge, but it's only a 20% chance so very risky. All in all, the mystic should win this fight in the long run, but the veno will stall you a very long time with their chi drain and control.

=============
    Mystic versus Wizard

This is an easy fight. Wizards can hit very hard with Blade Tempest, but it shouldn't kill you unless you were already damaged to start with. Just keep your hp up and you shouldn't have much trouble with them.
  • ksfe
    ksfe Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    What do you do once mag marrow is off and you don't have anymore stuns/sleep ? Marrow's cooldown is only 10 sec and this lasts 30 s

well normally after i sleep someone i summon the devil so before the sleep wear's off i can stun them while in combo
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I was thinking about making a topic about this myself.

First let me tell you what my gear is for reference, your own experience may be different (G16 mystic won't have Purify, etc.)

I'm r999, +12 weapon, +10 armor, exclusive garnet shards, above average cards (2S 4A, 478 spirit). I'm demon.

=============
    Mystic versus Archer

This is the single hardest fight for me due to archer purge. They're squishy enough when you can hit them, but they can chain immunities for a very long time and sooner or later purge will kick in. They typically open with stunning arrow, so ksfe's suggestion of leeching chiyu is good. I usually blow the 2 sparks to Thicket them when I see an opening in their immunities. Thicket shuts them down hard - they can't attack if they're sealed and they can't kite if they're frozen. Other than that you can run away from them and try and waste their immunes but purge is a very difficult thing to fight.

==============
    Mystic versus Assassin

This is one of the easiest fights. Mystic is *the* anti-assassin class. Sin has to stunlock you long enough to outlast Falling Petals, without getting stunned himself by Chiyu. That usually doesn't happen. When stunlocked, you should be holding down a movement key to get away as soon as purify procs. Don't stand there and take his attacks. Even moving a few feet will cause him to have to move and disrupt his attacks. Sins are extremely vulnerable to status. But wait don't they have Tidal Protection? Yes, but it's not 100%, and landing even one status on a sin usually means death for him. Keep spamming plants, Thicket (excellent class to use this on) until he gets statused by something and you've won.

============
    Mystic versus Barb

This is a big topic because there are many types of barbs.

APS barbs: complete joke. This is a horrible build for PVP. Maybe there are some good ones on other servers but the ones on Sanctuary are complete fail. These guys think they are sins but they don't have the damage or the stunlock ability to do anything.

Catabarbs: These can be difficult to kill. I can solo a mid-geared TW barb (40-45k hp) by using Sublime Transfusion (after their invoke has worn off). But the 50k+ high end ones are too much for me to solo. Offensively a good arma can still kill me with my gear, so you need to watch out when they switch to human form.

Strength barbs: These can be a joke or dangerous depending on their skill level. The ones who spam the new primal skill are a joke. It does so little damage that it won't come close to breaking your healing. The biggest danger from these is them tying you up until someone who is actually dangerous comes along. The barbs that use a variety of offensive skills are extremely dangerous. They may open with the primal stun but then they switch to attacks that do real damage. Run away from these and use plants to control them until you can set up a kill.

===========
    Mystic versus BM

BMs are extremely hard to kill 1v1. They have high hp and high magic defense. Absorb Soul can hit them pretty hard when they are in magic marrow, but beware the long casting time of AS. If you are demon you should use Mo Zun's Taunt on them - BMs are extremely chi-dependent and any you can take away will hinder them greatly. This is another class worth using Sublime Transfusion on.

============
    Mystic versus Cleric

Clerics are annoying because they can sleep and Seal of God you for a very long time. What they cannot do is significantly hurt you. They don't have the offense to break your magic defense and healing. Sublime Transfusion destroys them. Absorb Soul is usually good because most clerics shard hp and rely on their Plume Shell for physical defense (which AS bypasses). This is an easy fight for mystic, although it may take a while depending on how much cleric stalls. Again chi draining is good here because it stops their SOG and they gain chi back extremely slowly.

=============
    Mystic versus Mystic

Endgame mystics can't hurt each other at all. We can't purge, and we can't outDD their healing. Just put them to sleep and move on to another target.

=============
    Mystic versus Psychic

This is an easy fight. Your colossal water defense shuts down half of psy's offense right off the bat. They also don't have spammable healing. They do have some very long duration stuns and seals though (depending how high their soulforce is). You can control them with plants while you set up a big enough combo to break through their White Voodoo defenses. If you fight psys on a regular basis a genie with Will Surge can help with their seals.

=============
    Mystic versus Seeker

Seekers are the most overrated class in the game. There is one on Sanctuary that can 1-hit me, but he has *maxed* gear with 850+ strength. There are a couple of others with full JoSD that can give me problems. But ones of my gear level? So easy. Just pew pew and they die, Sublime Transfusion if they're tanky.

=================
    Mystic versus Venomancer

This is a pretty even match. First of all, the pets are not a problem to a high-gear mystic. Even the monkey does no damage. Some venos set their monkey up to be very tanky, but DOT attacks (swirling mist) bypass their defenses and kill them easily. What is a problem is purge, chi drain, and control skills. A veno cannot significantly damage you while you have Verdant Shell up. So when you are purged you need to recast this as soon as possible. Alternately if you are demon you can use Verdant Shell preemptively to try and resist purge, but it's only a 20% chance so very risky. All in all, the mystic should win this fight in the long run, but the veno will stall you a very long time with their chi drain and control.

=============
    Mystic versus Wizard

This is an easy fight. Wizards can hit very hard with Blade Tempest, but it shouldn't kill you unless you were already damaged to start with. Just keep your hp up and you shouldn't have much trouble with them.

This is probably one of the most accurate assessments of endgame mystic 1v1 potential I've read.

Most endgame mystics don't bother to compare gears as well as class which is why 1v1 ratings are so variable.

Only thing I'd add is that archer is really dependent on whether or not both sides are running full buffs or not.

Self-buffed I think mystic is heavily favored to win, but w/ full buffs it becomes more a matter of whether the mystic can break through the archer's stalling for purge, and if the mystic has buff pots or not for when the purge does come.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Shadowvzss - Harshlands
    Shadowvzss - Harshlands Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    i don't know what up there but here the sins with end game gear doing enough high dmg when they backstabb often 3rd spark then jump and with gof and 70-80% crit rate its enough deadly
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    With the gear I have there is only one sin that beats me consistently 1v1 and he's full +12 and full deity stones. There is one other sin with gear comparable to mine that might beat me 25% of the time and that's just cause he's very skilled. I don't lose to any other sins on server.