Sac Strike

Demodude - Dreamweaver
Demodude - Dreamweaver Posts: 397 Arc User
edited July 2014 in General Discussion
If Sac strike activates while using an AOE does it hit all enemies with double damage? And will you lose 5% per mob or 5% total?
Thanks!
ChayalBoded 102/102/101 Celestial Sage Rank 9 Assassin

English is my second language sorry that I mess up sometimes

Tempest b:dirty
Post edited by Demodude - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    If Sac strike activates while using an AOE does it hit all enemies with double damage? And will youl lose 5% per mob or 5% total?
    Thanks!

Hits all and you lose 5% HP once. Same goes for any proc.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Demodude - Dreamweaver
    Demodude - Dreamweaver Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Thanks
    ChayalBoded 102/102/101 Celestial Sage Rank 9 Assassin

English is my second language sorry that I mess up sometimes

Tempest b:dirty
  • Dblazen - Dreamweaver
    Dblazen - Dreamweaver Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Hits all and you lose 5% HP once. Same goes for any proc.

Lol, no.
    It goes for God of frenzy and SS.
    Ever seen spirit blackhole / soul shatter purge ALL mobs with 1 proc? It never does.
  • Kittysama - Raging Tide_1432680721
    edited July 2014
    Spirit Blackhole has different triggering mechanism from SS/GoF.

Possible triggering for SB ish counted per mob, but for SS/GoF the triggering ish counted per skill. If you don't believe, get some Calamitys and go have some AoE fun. If GoF happens, it happens on every mob that skill hits.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Final ragequit on 21/02/2014 'cause ARC. Back on 15/04/2014, RL was bored.
    Ten Paths of Kittyness(old mains when deleted): Kittysama 100(100) Sage HA-Venomancer |Aivina 100(101) Sage (ex-Zerk) Str. Seeker | Kittytart 90(101) Demon All path Zerk BM | KittyFishie 92(101) Demon APS/DPH Zerk Assassin | Haroin 100(100) Demon Vit. Zerk Barbarian | Elfborn 82(100) Demon Cleric | Pessimiste 85(100) Sage Wizard | PalavaEnkeli 87(100) Demon Fist/APS-Archer | VerenVanki 85(100) Demon Mystic | MerenPeto 85(100) Sage Psychic
    Current mains: Old psy and 19 new/recreated mains(avg. level 82)
  • Joe - Morai
    edited July 2014
    Lol, no.
    It goes for God of frenzy and SS.
    Ever seen spirit blackhole / soul shatter purge ALL mobs with 1 proc? It never does.

Just tested it with SB and Soul Shatter. Both procs on whole groups. As it can be seen clearly on the animations.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Dblazen - Dreamweaver
    Dblazen - Dreamweaver Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Just tested it with SB and Soul Shatter. Both procs on whole groups. As it can be seen clearly on the animations.

No, it does not, ever watched an archer BoA in delta? or on large groups of mobs and seen it proc? It doesn't proc on all mobs at once
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014

Purge does not proc on every mob/player in an ApE. In fact, a vast majority of offensive weapon procs don't apply to every mob. GoF/Sacrificial Slash are an exception rather than the rule.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I will check it out, but i seem to have a different experience with my r9 axes. The numbers on mobs ranges.

I will pay closer attention to the numbers. I do know crits are not across the board b:cry. Imagine if you could zerk crit everyone in aoe range b:dirty.

It could be that i don't pay enough attention. To test this, i will need to know my regular attack range on mobs, my zerk range (2x most likely)?
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    I will check it out, but i seem to have a different experience with my r9 axes. The numbers on mobs ranges.

I will pay closer attention to the numbers. I do know crits are not across the board b:cry. Imagine if you could zerk crit everyone in aoe range b:dirty.

It could be that i don't pay enough attention. To test this, i will need to know my regular attack range on mobs, my zerk range (2x most likely)?

The damage itself will be uniform across all mobs, so once you get a general idea of your damage range, just check the damage log for times when you see 4x and 2x damages on a large amount of mobs. The 4x will be serkcrits, and everything else in that should be taking 2x for normal serks. If something isn't taking 2x or 4x, it'd mean the zerk didn't apply to everything. Not counting the fluctuations for things like increased defense mobs.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    General rule, weapon procs affect each target individually. Only exception I can think of is zerk. Treat it as a buff which doubles your skill dmg for said skill. Be it auto-attack, AoE, whatnot and takes 5% of your max hp.

Ps. Joe, easiest way to notice purge doesnt work for all targets like zerk is asking archer with spirit blackhole(more clear animation) to BoA for you on say 20 mobs. Instead of 20 purge animations, there will only be few.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • Jesusisback - Raging Tide
    Jesusisback - Raging Tide Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    If Soul Shatter and SB could proc on the aoe instead of individual targets, there would be at least double the archers running around. Can you imagine purging a full 10 man squad at once with BoA and them being instantly dropped right after? Oh gosh TW/NW/mass PK would then revolve purely around archers and not sins, gg.
  • Joe - Morai
    edited July 2014
    I just went into delta with my barb (r8r with SB) and my Archer (G15 with SS).

Ofc I havn't seen if it actually purged all the mobs simply because most of them dont buff themselves but the animation of both procs was on any of the mobs. Each and every one of them.

So I assume it works the same as Zerk. if I find a group of strong ppl I will test it out on them xDDD
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Sevchenko - Dreamweaver
    Sevchenko - Dreamweaver Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I have 'Has chance to stun" on a lv 70 sword on a seeker alt and I can say 120% sure: THAT proc works for individual targets on AoE. I did bigroom many times with that seeker lv 80, she takes a whole lot of time to kill them all and, random mobs get stunned at random.
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]