What is considered "taking the game too seriously"

Comments

• anaovt1
    anaovt1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    When people have to sign up for Guilds via another website. I was literately shocked that people cared to that much of a extent. when i saw how many factions are doing it. I just figured that sense it was a game, and you probably wont remember anything you did when u logg off later that day and have your actual Life that you wouldn't care about who you invited to your guild, aside from Thieves and beggers that is, and i figure it would be the other way around also.I mean it's just a faction, Who cares. Boy was i wrong.

I think taking it too seriously is factions that require you to be active on the website or require you to do a ridiculous amount of things. Having a website makes sense, since it's easier to make announcements there than repeat it to every since guild member when they're online.

This is made easier with the new officers can send everyone mail though.
    Camlyra-Raging Tides. Since the avatar is broken.

Cleric 103/103/102
    Seeker 102/102/101
    Wizard 101/101/101
    Psychic 102/99
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    changing the font of your post
    medium turquoise since 2008 fkya b:cool

as for the question....
    "taking the game too seriously"....

...when you turn on your PC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Terrytini - Raging Tide
    Terrytini - Raging Tide Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    - Selling your children to human traffickers to buy virtual items (link)
    - Making death threats to people you've never met IRL
    - Purposefully lessening fluid intake during 2x to minimize bathroom breaks
    - Breaking your computer monitor/wall/etc. out of internet frustrations
    - When you join a Varisty Team for the game you play at university. (link)
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014

You kidding me? If a video game could provide scholarships back when I was in school and I was good at said game? No-brainer to join the team for it for the "easy" scholarship while doing something I enjoy. b:chuckle
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Some gamers are more serious then others. I mean, you can make money off of playing games. People call it e-sport.

If I were to make a guild, I'd absolutely require people to register on a website and pay attention to updates I post. It's just logical to me.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    If I were to make a guild, I'd absolutely require people to register on a website and pay attention to updates I post. It's just logical to me.

My faction has strong recommendation of signing up to the site and using it, since that is where we announce our events and absences. And indeed, it is logical. Applying only takes 5 minutes and checking the site is fast and can do it before you log on.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    When people have to sign up for Guilds via another website.

I beg to differ. My faction has used an application system via website successfully for years now. It just helps keep the bad apples out, the atmophere in faction nice and gives you good first impression of the person. Plus it reduces the issues with beggars and scammers to almost zero :p

Too serious for me would be having to be in teamspeak everytime you're on/must join this number of TWs per month. Or having to be with that guild exclusively all the time.

Oh also, getting a reminder mail from your leader for every single TW coming up...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I beg to differ. My faction has used an application system via website successfully for years now. It just helps keep the bad apples out, the atmophere in faction nice and gives you good first impression of the person. Plus it reduces the issues with beggars and scammers to almost zero :p

Too serious for me would be having to be in teamspeak everytime you're on/must join this number of TWs per month. Or having to be with that guild exclusively all the time.

Oh also, getting a reminder mail from your leader for every single TW coming up...

There's factions on HL that will go at the point of bother people on their personal Facebook to show TW or even text/call them, that's way too much in my opinion, the day a leader will stalk me on my FB to get me to show TW I will leave that faction.

The leader of the faction I left a week ago did pmed me saying ''I see you log in game, but you don't log vent, you are avoiding us and it's rude'' and I was ''wtf?? I just log to check in and log off'', I won't log vent for logging in game a few minutes. some factions take that very seriously.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Samaranight - Sanctuary
    Samaranight - Sanctuary Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Damn, I always thought because I didn't take the game seriously that people just didn't bother with me. O_o

You just described the majority of factions on the server.
  • Alphaben - Raging Tide
    Alphaben - Raging Tide Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    What is considered "taking the game too seriously?"

MsMav b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • anaovt1
    anaovt1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    What is considered "taking the game too seriously?"

MsMav b:surrender

As well as the rest of the people I block for causing WC drama.
    Camlyra-Raging Tides. Since the avatar is broken.

Cleric 103/103/102
    Seeker 102/102/101
    Wizard 101/101/101
    Psychic 102/99
  • LilyWinters - Archosaur
    LilyWinters - Archosaur Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I hate the phrase, "It's just a game."

If you put time, money and effort into something I think you've earned the right to get upset, frustrated, angry, happy, excited, ect. about it. Anything less and I might think you a robot. And I have to wonder if the people who say such things have forgotten that while the 'character' they're talking to is just pixels, there is an actual human controlling it. MMOs are not just games, they're communities where you interact with people through the guise of a character in a game. That is, and likely always will be the appeal of an MMO. As you play you meet people, make friends and enemies; form relationships with others. At that point, how can you justify calling it, "Just a game."
    Whoever said nothing is impossible never tried slamming a revolving door.
  • AdagioSonata - Heavens Tear
    AdagioSonata - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited July 2014

If you put time, money and effort into something I think you've earned the right to get upset, frustrated, angry, happy, excited, ect. about it. Anything less and I might think you a robot. And I have to wonder if the people who say such things have forgotten that while the 'character' they're talking to is just pixels, there is an actual human controlling it. MMOs are not just games, they're communities where you interact with people through the guise of a character in a game. That is, and likely always will be the appeal of an MMO. As you play you meet people, make friends and enemies; form relationships with others. At that point, how can you justify calling it, "Just a game."

You have a point. People abuse that simple statement and try to justify themselves for their rude and downright unacceptable behavior. However, I have told myself "it's just a game" plenty of times in order to keep myself from not snapping on someone for being a jerk. To be honest, it's the only way I refrain from getting angry so much because people don't treat it as a game. They try to attack you, the actual person and not the character. But I guess in all honesty it's based on how the person uses the phrase. To most of us minding our own business, we think of it as a game to enjoy, talk with friends, make new friends, and deck our characters out to be awesome XD. At the end of the day, it really is a game, but not "just" considering we do invest in it and it's now a part of our lives (since we take time out to play it).
  • mochabear#4763
    mochabear#4763 Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Well, this reminds me of what someone once said in another MMO

"If you spend a few hours a day in a game for a few years how can you say its not part of your life?"

You can turn off the computer, but one can never just turn off ones emotions, good or bad. And if you feel no emotions, then that must be an empty life.

just wanted to say this.
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    edited July 2014

This. Exactly this.

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Devilskarma - Raging Tide
    Devilskarma - Raging Tide Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Read the so-called "Psy Forums" to see plenty of examples of taking a game too seriously.

I mean come on, it IS a game... lets say you wanna build a psy as heavy armored (HA) and like a vit-built barb wielding axes... try asking any advice on that in the "Psy Forums" b:chuckle Instead of any advice of what things to consider when building such a character, you will be met with an assault of insults and bs. Things that the "Psy Forums" clique think that you should have your offspring murdered for and/or you should not reproduce for include, but are not limited to :

-- Going Demon Psy

-- Building - Channeling

-- Stacking too much +%Crit

-- Building an HA- or LA-, -geared Psy

-- Going for a Warsoul Weapon (which seems to be a common misconception that extends to even beyond the Psy Forums)

-- Attempting to say that R8r gear is "End Game" gear (which also seems to be a common misconception that extends to even beyond the Psy Forums)

=======================================

Reallistically, and more importantly "civilly"... Any questions one asks should be dealt with in a manner which answers the question of what that person wants to do... The HA-geared, barb-built question for instance... instead of being assaulted, real answers should be given as to how to actually go about it in the best way, including options in that direction. But all too often the ones that take it so seriously that they feel compelled to attack such people, are themselves the lemmings that know "x, y and z" because that is what has always been, that is what they were told, and that is what they did... dare people actually THINK for even a moment.
    b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    edited July 2014
    Read the so-called "Psy Forums" to see plenty of examples of taking a game too seriously.

I mean come on, it IS a game... lets say you wanna build a psy as heavy armored (HA) and like a vit-built barb wielding axes... try asking any advice on that in the "Psy Forums" b:chuckle Instead of any advice of what things to consider when building such a character, you will be met with an assault of insults and bs. Things that the "Psy Forums" clique think that you should have your offspring murdered for and/or you should not reproduce for include, but are not limited to :

-- Going Demon Psy

-- Building - Channeling

-- Stacking too much +%Crit

-- Building an HA- or LA-, -geared Psy

-- Going for a Warsoul Weapon (which seems to be a common misconception that extends to even beyond the Psy Forums)

-- Attempting to say that R8r gear is "End Game" gear (which also seems to be a common misconception that extends to even beyond the Psy Forums)

=======================================

Reallistically, and more importantly "civilly"... Any questions one asks should be dealt with in a manner which answers the question of what that person wants to do... The HA-geared, barb-built question for instance... instead of being assaulted, real answers should be given as to how to actually go about it in the best way, including options in that direction. But all too often the ones that take it so seriously that they feel compelled to attack such people, are themselves the lemmings that know "x, y and z" because that is what has always been, that is what they were told, and that is what they did... dare people actually THINK for even a moment.
    b:victory

b:surrender That kinda sounds like how the things go with barbs sometimes... Here's a few "no-no's" which Ive got insulted for before or heard people being insulted for:

- APS-build ("Make a BM")
    - Strenght build ("Barbs are good for catapulling only")
    - Demon (same as above)
    - Using also other skills than ream for tanking ("omg u need to spam ream and devour")
    - Favoring demon buffs over sage except SoT at times, kinda situational (but sage HP buff lasts longer d'oh and half of the people think it gives more HP anyway)
    - Going to instance as a DD ("Barbs arent DDs, theyre the weakest DD class b:angry")

• Alphaben - Raging Tide
    edited July 2014
    I received an enormously blunt 6 threads of people saying the HA mystic or HA psy or full melee veno or AA seeker (with T2 sword) or HA sin was the worst idea ever and would never work

I knew that when I tried them out, HA psy and mystic are pretty balanced in both pvp/pve, AA seeker turned out to be good for zhenning and tanking magic classes (not much else but still), and HA full melee veno's pet and aps made her able to stand next to barbs in mega aoes, HA sin still had aps and high critrate but could take some serious melee damage

So many people on the game create negative pretenses just because something is different from the norm...I tried out some crazy builds to see if they'd work or not; those that did I could claim why, the ones that didn't I could say why not. So many people are afraid of trying things...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    edited July 2014
    Since we're on the subject....

I, personally, don't mind odd builds. I was a fan of heavy/robe on venos long before it became a more accepted thing, for example. But when giving advice I usually won't recommend them because they do take skill to pull off well.

Then there are also things like an APS Psy (quite different from a HA one) that simply won't work for anything practical outside of a person's personal amusement. If asked about, I will point out their strengths and the problems that would arise, so I'd also wind up recommending against such a build.

Considering things like Arcane Panda, Bowbarians, AA/HA archers, 5 APS HA clawsins with Chill, and so on can all work fairly well, it's really more a matter of the player than the build. The problem is, if the player isn't very good, it makes the entire build seem worse and a vast majority who try these things aren't very good or take things too seriously to accept any critique or advice that would help them with it. :/
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    HA on a psy? Why would you go like that? Why sacrifice your magic. With HA armor the only sphere that psy can use is a lvl80 or lvl90 sphere, depending on gear. Lets say you go with TT99 HA armor.Then you need 250 str to wear it. Which it will sactifice your magic. But maybe Im missing something here.
    Less magic on psy. less damage. So why would you go something like this:http://pwcalc.com/bc2c5eaaf43ebb70( this is only hybrid i could figure out that alowed to use at least TT90 sphere). To have more psy defence? Why would not try this http://pwcalc.com/cb9eed4f6a902fee.
    If you have another exemple using HA build on psy( hybrid cause full HA armor will be quite imposible) pls show me. And prove that is better using HA then using AA armor.
    giphy.gif

• ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    When you try to turn a thread about taking the game too seriously into another topic because someone posted a build you don't like. :\

On a serious note though, whether or not that's a good build isn't the topic of the thread so let's not derail this.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Alphaben - Raging Tide
    edited July 2014
    This is my point...Many people refuse to even consider alternate possibilities because it's "not the best one" b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    When people mistake the game for some sort of online dating scheme.
    Seriously..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I've always considered it as you're throwing a ragefit over a TW, duel, 1vs1, NW, damage rankings, dying in an instance and so on. As in people getting upset over something game-related that really has no real impact to anything, wasnt an intentional attempt to bully etc.

However, I get personally accused of "taking the game too seriously" for such things as not accepting every rude thing that people say or do. For example, I do not like it if you decide to be a jerk and steal molds in Warsong, or leave the squad and kill everyone in the middle of a boss etc. I also do not like it when you try to make a personal attack towards me and my life, or call me fail because I told you I'd prefer getting healed with IH instead of CHB spam.

In my opinion there is nothing wrong taking the other people and their acts seriously. Sure, it is a game, but it is we players making the community of the game and the game is made by people. Is it OK to be a bully or careless online just because you're anonymous? Is it OK to assume that every single player is a fat nerd with no life (as an example of common insult used)? Is it OK you mock someone for their religion, sexual orientation or lifestyle and then say they shouldnt take it seriously because this is just a game?

People also seem to consider it as you cannot have a bad day while playing PWI. Yes, PWI is a game, and it is meant to have fun but not everyone have the happy mode going on 24/7. In fact, I think people are justified for being upset as long as they're reasonable with it (so not crying an entire day over something they lost in PK.)

b:surrender Me no comprehendo. One of the main things in PWI that tends to bug me is the careless community.

People tend to say that in a few situations:
    1. You are better than them at something in game. They do not like this.
    2. They can't think of any better-sounding generic comeback when you accidentally offend them by correcting their mistake(s). This can also be considered projection, because they are the ones who are needlessly feeling offended.
    3. When they want to differentiate themselves from others in a way that makes them feel superior.

Rarely do I ever hear the phrase "you/he/she/they take(s) this game too seriously" in a situation where it is legitimately and genuinely appropriate. List of situations where I'd consider this phrase appropriate:
    1. Making death threats/threats of any physical injury/harrassment outside of the game environment over game matters.
    2. Going through extreme,unnessecary, and uncharacteristic emotional and/or physical distress over small game matters.
    can't think of much else
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    HA on a psy? Why would you go like that? Why sacrifice your magic. With HA armor the only sphere that psy can use is a lvl80 or lvl90 sphere, depending on gear. Lets say you go with TT99 HA armor.Then you need 250 str to wear it. Which it will sactifice your magic. But maybe Im missing something here.
    Less magic on psy. less damage. So why would you go something like this:http://pwcalc.com/bc2c5eaaf43ebb70( this is only hybrid i could figure out that alowed to use at least TT90 sphere). To have more psy defence? Why would not try this http://pwcalc.com/cb9eed4f6a902fee.
    If you have another exemple using HA build on psy( hybrid cause full HA armor will be quite imposible) pls show me. And prove that is better using HA then using AA armor.

404 not found on your hybrid build, but this is a possible build: http://pwcalc.com/ad6f79414072f9ce and there are currently HA caster classes built quite similar to such with a warsoul or r9 something or other weapon. stat point allocation for heavy build becomes even easier when you rebirth as well.. it doesn't require engraves (though they help when lacking a tome that gives a lot of stat points)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Not to derail this topic, but I feel compelled to answer this...

Not everyone is going to have the same build.
    The reasons for going HA are for survivabilty. HA does refine for more hp than AA and LA. It also has vastly superior pdef. (The most frequent form of attack in the game.) Considering that a psy is a mage type character, their mdef isn't going to plummet horribly.

For similar reasons, toons go LA and vitality build.

Now, consider that a psy goes black voodoo, and uses jones. Their attack power is still going to go up. They're no longer as squishy thanks to the defense of their HA. Should they get in trouble, they can still go white voodoo, and have even more of a turtle effect.

The question is, is it better to be a glass cannon, or a steel turret. Not as strong as the cannon, but still powerful, yet more durable. Psy's have a plethora of AOE's...but its no point in AOE'ing if you die from what you attack. True, they can't kill as fast as a pure AA, or a vit build, but they've got the defense and hp to survive better. That's the tradeoff. Shard HA with citrines and sapphires, and they're a hard target. Factor in the soul skills that psys possess, and they're still an issue even in pvp....especially if they're refined well.

Also, with two rebirths and a good tome, you can get enough for G16 armor and sphere.

I'm a 101/101/101 cleric with a level 1 tome, and even I have over 600 pts in magic. (Can't log into the game to check, due to wifi issues, and I'm doing this through my phone. ) Plus I have 54 str. So it seems fully possible to get even better results with a good tome. Plus some necklaces, belts, and rings grant stats...so that's something HA/LA builds can use to reach the desired stats.

My point is that, though the build is unconventional...it is also effective. Its simply a different style of play. How effective that style....and ANY style is, is subjective and up to the user.

On topic: you take the game too seriously when you're a random person that sees my cleric passing by....you pm me that you love me and that I'm beautiful...and you get mad and accuse me of tricking you, when I pm you that I'm a man. You ragetype at me, saying that I tricked you, and want to know why Imade my character a female....

No one told you to fall in love with pixels. I made my character how I chose to, just as you did. If I didn't ask anything of you, i was literally flying/riding/running/swimming by. Not my fault if you're a pixel lover.

Oh, and when you try to follow me because Ihealed you once randomly...and you have natural elf wings....and I have dark negation....you've taken the game too seriously...and I'll fly/sprint and port away.

When you can't see the value in other builds (no offense to the forementioned), you've taken the game to seriously.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Can a gm please fix the post above, when I attempted to quote. I can't do it on my phone. If one can, then thanks in advance.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    edited July 2014
    People tend to say that in a few situations:
    1. You are better than them at something in game. They do not like this.
    2. They can't think of any better-sounding generic comeback when you accidentally offend them by correcting their mistake(s). This can also be considered projection, because they are the ones who are needlessly feeling offended.
    3. When they want to differentiate themselves from others in a way that makes them feel superior.

Rarely do I ever hear the phrase "you/he/she/they take(s) this game too seriously" in a situation where it is legitimately and genuinely appropriate. List of situations where I'd consider this phrase appropriate:
    1. Making death threats/threats of any physical injury/harrassment outside of the game environment over game matters.
    2. Going through extreme,unnessecary, and uncharacteristic emotional and/or physical distress over small game matters.
    can't think of much else

Yeah and even in your appropriate scenarios the number 2 could be questioned incase the person just happens to have a really bad day and/or a mental illness that affects in moods easily. Sure, people could just not to log on if theyre feeling extremely grumpy, but I assume not everyone even realize this or then just don't have anything better to do and hope that the game would relax them instead of irritating more.

I guess it could be quite hard to separate the ones with real issues from those who just like drama and arguing in general.

Let's not derail the topic with psychic builds guys please. b:chuckle

• opkossy
    edited July 2014
    Can a gm please fix the post above, when I attempted to quote. I can't do it on my phone. If one can, then thanks in advance.

Does this mean I'm a GM now? Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. b:laugh
  • Kittysama - Raging Tide_1432680721
    edited July 2014

HA/AA-psy gives superior survivability against most stuff in this game compared to AAs. Thanks to much better refine rate HA has about 1,5x HP compared to pure AA, not to mention ability to swap for AA-pieces for tanking mag. damage if needed. A charmed HA-psy in White Voodoo would be nearly unkillable.

Of course the downside ish 2/3 of normal magic attack compared to pure AA. Sparking compensates for it a bit, as well as cleric's mag. attack buff. Magic-stat and buffs all count in cumulatively to damage multiplier instead of being their own multipliers so diminishing returns from buffs occur more for pure magic psys).

And it's not even hard to be full T3-HA psy with T3-sphere unless accepting even the crappiest T3-rolls possible. Kitty can say this from experience as Kitty used to have usual tanking elem. ornaments her barb uses already before RB. It's just all about planning build without wasting a single stat point. HA-version of that alternative build you posted, with rolls quite easily attainable(about average rolls): http://pwcalc.com/38a8e7e247dda7c8
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Final ragequit on 21/02/2014 'cause ARC. Back on 15/04/2014, RL was bored.
    Ten Paths of Kittyness(old mains when deleted): Kittysama 100(100) Sage HA-Venomancer |Aivina 100(101) Sage (ex-Zerk) Str. Seeker | Kittytart 90(101) Demon All path Zerk BM | KittyFishie 92(101) Demon APS/DPH Zerk Assassin | Haroin 100(100) Demon Vit. Zerk Barbarian | Elfborn 82(100) Demon Cleric | Pessimiste 85(100) Sage Wizard | PalavaEnkeli 87(100) Demon Fist/APS-Archer | VerenVanki 85(100) Demon Mystic | MerenPeto 85(100) Sage Psychic
    Current mains: Old psy and 19 new/recreated mains(avg. level 82)