Most underrated Assassin skill?

Colum - Raging Tide
Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
edited August 2014 in Assassin
I thought to make a thread for every class and ask you folks...

Which is the most underrated skill amongst your class? The kind of skill, that other players of your class dont really seem to appreciate, at least not most of them, but you've found a nice use for it.

You could also mention why you personally like this skill and why others do not favor it so much. Both PvE and PvP scenarios are welcomed.
Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
Post edited by Colum - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Kittysama - Raging Tide_1432680721
    edited July 2014
    Hard to say if it's Rib Strike, CotD or Subsea. They're all misused/unused so badly.

Rib Strike makes up the difference of crabbing or not crabbing for tank(and after 100 it's a question of life and death on some bosses). Yet so few sins bother to use it.

CotD improves AoE-damage output and DPH-damage drastically. Yet Kitty rarely sees sins using it when AoEs are expected. Too few sins use it in FS either, instead going on with their crappy APS-flurry.

Subsea Strike. 'Cause it would improve squad's damage so effin much if timed properly, not to mention how sin can be a super AoE-DD with it(Kitty's old T2+10-weaponed sin hit 300k zerk crits in Lunar with casual Spark-SS-ER combo, meaning about 500k to some mobs in a couple hits). It wasn't unusual for Kitty's demon APS-sin to tank W2-mobs while doing BH. Sins not being considered AoE-DDs at all ish just sins failing so much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Final ragequit on 21/02/2014 'cause ARC. Back on 15/04/2014, RL was bored.
    Ten Paths of Kittyness(old mains when deleted): Kittysama 100(100) Sage HA-Venomancer |Aivina 100(101) Sage (ex-Zerk) Str. Seeker | Kittytart 90(101) Demon All path Zerk BM | KittyFishie 92(101) Demon APS/DPH Zerk Assassin | Haroin 100(100) Demon Vit. Zerk Barbarian | Elfborn 82(100) Demon Cleric | Pessimiste 85(100) Sage Wizard | PalavaEnkeli 87(100) Demon Fist/APS-Archer | VerenVanki 85(100) Demon Mystic | MerenPeto 85(100) Sage Psychic
    Current mains: Old psy and 19 new/recreated mains(avg. level 82)
  • tsyfall
    tsyfall Posts: 9
    edited July 2014
    Double Spark.
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Share stealth. Its amazing to wait out AD, to buy yourself time for charm tick, etc. As so few others seem to use it I have managed to get stealth apoth pop on it and as it will only keep you in stealth for 5s they kinda wasted CD there. I am not saying its the best skill with 1 spark cost but its far more useful than most people take it for.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Hate all the demon aps sin that know only auto attack. No matter if they +5 or +12 weapon, only thing they know spark and auto attack.No rib strike , no subsea, just auto attack. And all those sins that cant kill fast ranged mobs in instances and they try fast kill them by sparking. When the spark charge is done the mob is far away from them, so waste of spark. No tackling slash, no shadow teleport on them, no headhunt. Why the hell they batter learn those skill if they dont use them.
    giphy.gif

• DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    tsyfall wrote: »
    Double Spark.
    Underrated sin skill, I had no idea double spark was a sin specific skill.

I can't really tell which one is most underrated since I use them all anyway, i'm more annoyed by sins still only aps'ing on anti-aps buffed bosses, in which case i'd have to say all skills are underrated.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • tsyfall
    tsyfall Posts: 9
    edited July 2014
    Double Spark is an all-class skill, which means its a sin skill too. The title doesn't indicate any exclusions.

Besides, sin is the class most known for huge chi consumption. Most sins just use 3-spark, and only a rare few know how to double spark in PvP actually effectively. Single spark is the rarest - and most useful - of all, but the timing required is too precise given lag for most people.
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Hard to say if it's Rib Strike, CotD or Subsea. They're all misused/unused so badly.

Rib Strike makes up the difference of crabbing or not crabbing for tank(and after 100 it's a question of life and death on some bosses). Yet so few sins bother to use it.

Most sins use this. The ones that don't either just fail in general, or there is another sin already spamming this.

CotD improves AoE-damage output and DPH-damage drastically. Yet Kitty rarely sees sins using it when AoEs are expected. Too few sins use it in FS either, instead going on with their crappy APS-flurry.

CoTD has a CD, why use it if you are gonna need to APS a boss 3 secs later? It has also been proven that the dps on an APS sin with g16 (4-5aps) either skill spamming or APSing is so close, it barely matters anyway.

Subsea Strike. 'Cause it would improve squad's damage so effin much if timed properly, not to mention how sin can be a super AoE-DD with it(Kitty's old T2+10-weaponed sin hit 300k zerk crits in Lunar with casual Spark-SS-ER combo, meaning about 500k to some mobs in a couple hits). It wasn't unusual for Kitty's demon APS-sin to tank W2-mobs while doing BH. Sins not being considered AoE-DDs at all ish just sins failing so much.
    Sins aren't considered AOE DD because they do not have a continuos AoE (like vortex or DB). ALso we only has 2 AoE's and 1 Semi AoE. Not saying we cant dish it, but it's not our specialty. As for 300k hits on lunar mobs. Thats kinda low, I cant hit that without spark or subsea.

These are probably the MOST used sin skills, especially with new horizon updates.

For most underrated? Id have to say Power Dash and Death Chain. In TW death chain basically gives me free range if used on an enemy cleric/healer. Powerdash is good when you just want to murder a single target that either has subsea on it, or SS is on CD.
    Underrated sin skill, I had no idea double spark was a sin specific skill.

I can't really tell which one is most underrated since I use them all anyway, i'm more annoyed by sins still only aps'ing on anti-aps buffed bosses, in which case i'd have to say all skills are underrated.

Im pretty sure G13 sins do 0 damage either way lmao.
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'm going to say all, since I've met many sins who simply don't have certain skills, and others who only have maxed:

Bloodpaint
    Stealth
    Shadow Teleport
    Teleport Stun
    Tidal
    Deaden

I've seen level 101 sins with level 1 ribstrike, and level 1 subsea...and who don't believe in using other skills.

Share the stealth....I'm not sure if I've ever seen it. Might have seen it once, but its virtually never seen.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
    edited July 2014

Share the stealth....I'm not sure if I've ever seen it. Might have seen it once, but its virtually never seen.

This skill is very situational, and cost 1 spark. Most sins simply don't have it. I don't use it most of the time, because my squads fail to make proper use of it.
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited July 2014

As Dion said, it's only useful on a very low amount of situations.
    And when you do want to use it you have to inform your squad about it, pray to pan gu they listen, run across mobs, waiting for your squad to assemble and then use share the stealth.

All this only to find out there's that 1 special person in your squad that attacks the mobs anyway, making the usage entirely pointless if said person doesn't die fast enough or if there's a mob with an AOE around.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • Gingerpubes - Morai
    Gingerpubes - Morai Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Share the stealth is so op in mass PK
    I run in NW with a few rrr9+12 jaded folks and the times that StS has changed a battle is crazy.
    +12 jaded seeker has finally run out of apoth genie etc and is about to die, stealth them, charm tick some genie regen usually the other side is so confused the person you stealthed gets off a few hits before they get attacked again, with the right person this can change a fight xD

Also as a sin using StS while in stealth, amongst a bunch of enemy DDs isn't as suicidal as it sounds, I have found it takes a few seconds for the other side to see you and attack, by then your mate is back laying out damage or you can just restealth anyway.
    edited July 2014
    Glad Im not alone when I say StS can be extremely useful. I rarely got to use it in squad play as running mostly with sins/archers in NW squad everybody kinda got their own stealth and thus said skill kinda lost some of it appeal there. But yea, I can see suggested things working quite well.

I still say it again, its insanely effective in waiting out AD on target you popped on from stealth. A lot of the time one stuns from stealth --> target AD --> They will be immune while your stun ends. StS and you will get the first hit again unless they chain apoth, which in most cases would be the most idiotic they can do.

Some might say force stealth does the same thing but instead gives chi. I would argue I rather save it for when I truly need it and gain advantage with a skill most people dont even use.
  • Gingerpubes - Morai
    Gingerpubes - Morai Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I agree Hide
    In some situations StS is better than force stealth.
    As a sage my force stealth has a long cd and it's puri effect is for those "of f me Im hf'd with 80 people hitting me" :L

StS is actually faster to put you in stealth than force stealth, for those who didn't know xD
    edited July 2014
    I agree Hide
    In some situations StS is better than force stealth.
    As a sage my force stealth has a long cd and it's puri effect is for those "of f me Im hf'd with 80 people hitting me" :L

StS is actually faster to put you in stealth than force stealth, for those who didn't know xD

This is true, however if someone pops a stealth pot, the cast animation will **** you over.
  • ShawtyStar - Raging Tide
    ShawtyStar - Raging Tide Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    "Share the Stealth" when you pulling whole Instance and stealth right then and there at the boss it helps lol
    Less work geehee
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am A True Tsundere
    More... I desire more. Can you not indulge me in an even more nightmarish hell?
    Retired 2009-2014 Was a Fun Time b:victory
    Demon Archer- 101 RB2
    Demon Assassin- 100 RB2
    Demon Venomancer- 99
    edited July 2014
    This is true, however if someone pops a stealth pot, the cast animation will **** you over.

And it doesnt on force stealth? Still, unless they anticipate stealth coming and prepop stealth pot, you will have time to kite a bit as those pots do lag. Wasting stealth pot CD on StS would actually benefit the sin most of the time imo.
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Hard to say most underrated sin skill since it seems like either they know only bloodpaint, 3-spark and auto attack or then use majority of their skills pretty well...

Chill of the Deep would probably be my vote. Majority of sins I see still dont use it at AOEs or anti aps bosses.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Hard to say most underrated sin skill since it seems like either they know only bloodpaint, 3-spark and auto attack or then use majority of their skills pretty well...

Chill of the Deep would probably be my vote. Majority of sins I see still dont use it at AOEs or anti aps bosses.

It seems that you have been in squads with auto attack sins only.My sin uses a lot of skills.
    giphy.gif

• Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    PD + Spell Cutter got me 19k off a r9 bm last fridays nw... I have g16 niv daggers.. Still scratching my head on that one. PD dealt 800 spell topped it off with a one hit kill... bm may have been in magic marrow...

b:surrender

Other than that highest hits in pvp/pve i ever got was with lvl 10 earthin rift (as sage) after ss. Just got sage rift, so cant wait to see the lols with that. Was tickling the mobs in lunar with 400k aoe's. I have never aoe'd that hard.I should have switched to sage long ago.

b:dirty
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz