Most underrated Mystic skill?

Colum - Raging Tide
Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
edited August 2014 in Mystic
I thought to make a thread for every class and ask you folks...

Which is the most underrated skill amongst your class? The kind of skill, that other players of your class dont really seem to appreciate, at least not most of them, but you've found a nice use for it.

You could also mention why you personally like this skill and why others do not favor it so much. Both PvE and PvP scenarios are welcomed.
Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
Post edited by Colum - Raging Tide on

Comments

• CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I've talked about Sublime Transfusion before here:
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1616801

Really excellent skill for taking down targets that just don't die otherwise. I can drop a decent-geared catabarb (40k+hp) by myself with this skill. It also wrecks clerics hard.
  • Kittysama - Raging Tide_1432680721
    edited July 2014
    Kitty thinks Vital Herb ish badly underrated. It pretty much allows mystic to go full DD while keeping squad healthy. If also mystic's also tanking, there's no need for other heals than Vital Herb in BH Deltas. It's also the reason why mystics can heal bubble boss safely far earlier than clerics can.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Final ragequit on 21/02/2014 'cause ARC. Back on 15/04/2014, RL was bored.
    Ten Paths of Kittyness(old mains when deleted): Kittysama 100(100) Sage HA-Venomancer |Aivina 100(101) Sage (ex-Zerk) Str. Seeker | Kittytart 90(101) Demon All path Zerk BM | KittyFishie 92(101) Demon APS/DPH Zerk Assassin | Haroin 100(100) Demon Vit. Zerk Barbarian | Elfborn 82(100) Demon Cleric | Pessimiste 85(100) Sage Wizard | PalavaEnkeli 87(100) Demon Fist/APS-Archer | VerenVanki 85(100) Demon Mystic | MerenPeto 85(100) Sage Psychic
    Current mains: Old psy and 19 new/recreated mains(avg. level 82)
  • Xaner - Dreamweaver
    Xaner - Dreamweaver Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Nature's barrier... Its such a good skill that cost so little chi and does so much! Yet... I don't see mystics use it when they know they're in trouble

Nature's Barrier
    Channel 1.0  seconds
    Cast 1.0  seconds
    Cooldown 90.0  seconds
    Weapon Unarmed, Magic instrument

Shield yourself with a barrier of light. Reduces incoming damage
    by 50%, but immobilizes you for the duration. Lasts 8 seconds.
    Costs 30 Chi.

I think many mystics shy away from it due to the immobilize :\
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Swirling mist, especially the primal version o_o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    edited July 2014
    Nature's barrier... Its such a good skill that cost so little chi and does so much! Yet... I don't see mystics use it when they know they're in trouble

Nature's Barrier
    Channel 1.0  seconds
    Cast 1.0  seconds
    Cooldown 90.0  seconds

Costs 30 Chi.

Good call. I initially avoided this skill for a long time because I saw little point in it - the casting time wasn't worth the short duration of effect, and the immobilize just made it less attractive.

But I've found it's really nice to use when you see someone 3 spark and you don't want to lose your position. You can tank their attacks and waste their spark time pretty nicely with this skill.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Nature's Barrier, Sublime transfusion and Gaia's Blessing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • ZentDreigon - Raging Tide
    ZentDreigon - Raging Tide Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Nature's Barrier
    Channel 1.0  seconds
    Cast 1.0  seconds
    Cooldown 90.0  seconds

Costs 30 Chi.

Definetely this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    > A demon is driven by desire, pure desire, that cannot be stopped by reason or logic. - Mo Zun
    > Believing in demons doesn't mean believing in evil. Demons are not necessarily an evil thing. - Chin Wuming
  • chloehart
    chloehart Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Nature's Barrier
    Channel 1.0  seconds
    Cast 1.0  seconds
    Cooldown 90.0  seconds

Costs 30 Chi.

I used this skill after casting Energy Leeching Summon and immobilize does not afftect me. I used this combo when i want to run away from groups like 10VS1 in NW. b:laugh
  • Alphaben - Raging Tide
    Alphaben - Raging Tide Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Transfusion, It's mainly only useful against aps sins (assuming they don't stunlock which they do) b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    edited August 2014
    All I can say is that if you're not using Thicket in TW, you should be. So key for tying up those tanky BMs and Seekers that can't be dropped by normal means.
  • dakwa1
    dakwa1 Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    My Mystic is only lvl 49, but I have found his best skill when things go wrong in the Punishing Sting. That has pulled his **** out of the fire many times. It is useful when you get two or more wondering encounters, and need to keep them off you. Throw one of these into the mix and they stay there and you can fight at range much more effectively with out pulling one onto yourself. I use about everything else as needed but I seldom see any other Mystics use those when randoms or other encounters get drawn into your fight. I also use it in groups when the tank is getting over whelmed, and helps take some of the heat off from them for a while.
    I may not be the best player in the world, but at least I learn my Toon, and how to play them. b:laugh