bigger map for pwi

catn
catn Posts: 32 Arc User
edited July 2014 in Suggestion Box
who all thinks that the world map for pwi should be bigger?
stand next to me you'll never stand alone

juniornowack HeavensTear
Post edited by catn on

Comments

• LostPoet - Dreamweaver
    LostPoet - Dreamweaver Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    catn wrote: »
    who all thinks that the world map for pwi should be bigger?

Eh, they are expanding the map on different worlds.
    Technically counts as the world map.
    YOUTUBE:
    youtube.com/user/lostpoetgaming

twitch LIVE STREAM + MORE VIDEOS:
    twitch.tv/thelostpoet/profile
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Just why ? Except maybe see more bots.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • catn
    edited July 2014
    in my defence the map for pwi gets boring after a wile they need to make it bigger more places to go to more monsters to kill

juniornowack HeavensTear
  • anaovt1
    anaovt1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Idk, I've been playing for years and still haven't seen the whole map. It's big enough as is. It already takes way too long to fly somewhere.
    Camlyra-Raging Tides. Since the avatar is broken.

Cleric 103/103/102
    Seeker 102/102/101
    Wizard 101/101/101
    Psychic 102/99
  • catn
    edited July 2014
    ok ill admit the map is big but when you are all over the map every day ive been to every place on the map over 10 times this week and it gets boring I know ppl that have quit playing the game because of the way the map is

juniornowack HeavensTear
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    ok ill admit the map is big but when you are all over the map every day ive been to every place on the map over 10 times this week and it gets boring I know ppl that have quit playing the game because of the way the map is

what...why? the main map has lvl areas for 1-100 + heaven/hell/morai/primal, why would you even go to every place 10 times in a week, this makes no sense

until end game you're never in an area for very long, what benefit is there just in "make the map bigger" this suggestion is vague at the very least

at least 80% of the overall map is completely unpopulated, if you just consider the main map than that percent jumps a lot higher
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    >The map should be made bigger because I wanna travel more/its boring

How's that a valid reason? Unless we're getting a new update that requires an expansion of the world map, it doesn't seem necessary at all. World Map aside, we've already got:

>Lothranis/Momaganon
    >Primal World (which appears to be getting an extension soon)
    >Morai
    >OHT/OUF/OVS/Moonshade

So why do we need a new set of areas to visit? To be honest, I'd rather see something done with those that already exist but haven't been touched in awhile (Past areas, Lothranis/Momaganon) that to have the world map extended.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Kittysama - Raging Tide_1432680721
    edited July 2014
    Kitty would love to see some completely underwater instance o,o Pulls in such a place would be interesting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Final ragequit on 21/02/2014 'cause ARC. Back on 15/04/2014, RL was bored.
    Ten Paths of Kittyness(old mains when deleted): Kittysama 100(100) Sage HA-Venomancer |Aivina 100(101) Sage (ex-Zerk) Str. Seeker | Kittytart 90(101) Demon All path Zerk BM | KittyFishie 92(101) Demon APS/DPH Zerk Assassin | Haroin 100(100) Demon Vit. Zerk Barbarian | Elfborn 82(100) Demon Cleric | Pessimiste 85(100) Sage Wizard | PalavaEnkeli 87(100) Demon Fist/APS-Archer | VerenVanki 85(100) Demon Mystic | MerenPeto 85(100) Sage Psychic
    Current mains: Old psy and 19 new/recreated mains(avg. level 82)
  • catn
    edited July 2014
    ok I see all of your points I was just wondering

juniornowack HeavensTear
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I don't mind the map being bigger, but there needs to be a reason to do so. As others have stated, we've got several maps. 4 maps for OHTalone. Primal map, morai, heaven, and hell. I'd love to have a display map for the OHT maps. And you don't really have a real reason to go there once you have completed your culty and gotten your 4th map belt.

Increasing the world map is nice, but I'd rather they increase the quest rewards first. It needs the workaround badly....and has needed it for years. We don't really need the world map increased if 1/3 the server is in arch...1/3 are in an instance...1/4 are in snowy....and the rest are somewhere flying around. We need to revitalize the older areas first...including the older maps.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I couldn't agree more. The map is large enough, but there's nothing to do that grants much enjoyment
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Kitty would love to see some completely underwater instance o,o Pulls in such a place would be interesting.

What is tide form b:cute
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • catn
    edited July 2014

I have been to the whole map as well I agree with some stuff like it would be nice to have a some what bigger map

juniornowack HeavensTear
  • juniornowack2
    juniornowack2 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    why did you quote your sleff ?
    I don't mind the map being bigger, but there needs to be a reason to do so. As others have stated, we've got several maps. 4 maps for OHTalone. Primal map, morai, heaven, and hell. I'd love to have a display map for the OHT maps. And you don't really have a real reason to go there once you have completed your culty and gotten your 4th map belt.

Increasing the world map is nice, but I'd rather they increase the quest rewards first. It needs the workaround badly....and has needed it for years. We don't really need the world map increased if 1/3 the server is in arch...1/3 are in an instance...1/4 are in snowy....and the rest are somewhere flying around. We need to revitalize the older areas first...including the older maps

I agree with that. I have been playing pwi for a few years now and some of the places need some changes. for example the TT needs more places to go in to
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Bigger map means more TW land which means more fun TWs that aren't dominated by a big faction stomping everyone and owning the whole map.

On raging tides there's a faction that everyone wines because no one can beat their army of almost-end gamers since they've got most of the people who would be able to provide a healthy competition.

It gets boring. The smaller faction tws are much more fun and tend to last longer, so increasing the number of lands would actually be more fun.

Why would pwi do this? It means more people buying charms and crab/herbs which are items derived from gold, so has the chance to increase the number of people cash shopping.

I realise this is a slightly different suggestion all together and that the map doesn't necessarily need to be made bigger, it could just be broken up into more but smaller lands.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    Changes are coming soon... To TW so wait and see (So Ive been Told). As for the suggestion of Bigger map PWI was designed to support a slightly bigger map with a few more classes. However this will come in time I think. With the understand of this thread and comments im not going to Log.

Thanks,