PvP

Options

Comments

• odieuxconnard
    odieuxconnard Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Dat logicb:pleased I think I will be better off sending in tickets about missing war avatars with screenshots originating from private serversb:bye

Wait, what?????

Hot really did that? If true, that really grinds my gears!!! b:angry
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    trands wrote: »
    I don't think you realize, but the hatred factor mainly turns it down. Yes there are a few players that will react, but overall, you will keep more players out PK/PvP then that you're dragging in.

I totally second this. Maybe it can work on PVP servers but let's take an example : If you're in PK mode and can't do your dailies in semi-afk mode, multi-account mode, or just as fast as you would if nobody is messing you up, you can either make the pkers go away (kill them), either switch to blue-name. Second one is easier and faster. If you want to bot and someone comes every day kill you at your spot, this is the same...
    That's why there are less people white name since NH update and this will be even more true when people will not need caravan xp anymore.

As I said to a certain personn, complaining about no pvp on server while chasing every white name people that don't have time to do their dailies is just not logical at all.
    Either you want challenging pk, then don't kill people who won't defend themselves, either you choose to spread hatred (which seems not to work). I may be weird but my best pvp moments had been against friends rather than against people I don't like.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I totally second this. Maybe it can work on PVP servers but let's take an example : If you're in PK mode and can't do your dailies in semi-afk mode, multi-account mode, or just as fast as you would if nobody is messing you up, you can either make the pkers go away (kill them), either switch to blue-name. Second one is easier and faster. If you want to bot and someone comes every day kill you at your spot, this is the same...
    That's why there are less people white name since NH update and this will be even more true when people will not need caravan xp anymore.

As I said to a certain personn, complaining about no pvp on server while chasing every white name people that don't have time to do their dailies is just not logical at all.
    Either you want challenging pk, then don't kill people who won't defend themselves, either you choose to spread hatred (which seems not to work). I may be weird but my best pvp moments had been against friends rather than against people I don't like.

well i am up for challenging pvp, i've never camped a quest spot or smt like that, but really there was pk once in last 10 months, there were more or less no balanced tws in last 10 months

@trends i do outgear ppl but i am fine with being outnumbered in pk, i am not fine being completely overpowered in TWs like merged-factions of 70 r9s etch...

We were having nice fights against faction B end of last season, i was enjoying them even if we were losing,
    TWs were lasting 1 hour to 2 hours, and thats great....

now the trend is one-push-win TWs or no TWs at all (look at faction A not bidding, and faction C that just repositioned on the map in a way they can faceroll minor factions)

i believe if PWI doesnt pull something to revive and balance PvP, the game will be dead very soon, as i said PvP carries PvE that carries the mere will to play the game

also i can be called a rager or w.e., but its not really a rage, i just dont give a damn and do not mince words explaining my points of view, hate it or love it

@dieuxconnard, yea i deftly scammed the support with private server screenshots rofl b:laugh
    to clear the rumors, who played with me can confirm i had half of my set like the first week of NH patch, got my second card 3 months ago and my last card couple of months ago
    i've been lucky must admit it, that kind of lucky i believed they nerfed S cards drops after the first 1-2 months NH patch was introduced (cause besides the set i got a lot of spare S cards aswell)
    if they fix the pvp i think i ll invest and aim to first reborn my set now ^^
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    SweetieBot award Trands 5 points for excellent post!

I am old,
    When I was younger, I loved to solve problems with my mouth, fists and feet.
    Since then, I have spent a lifetime teaching my four children not to yell, scream, taunt, fight etc. by personally not doing it as an example, and it has become ingrained in me as well by personal life experience,

so as Trands said in his post, I now find it childish behavior too, which is more likely to get me to totally ignore you than challenge you to PvP.

What actually got me into TW PvP happily, was the ability to grind in peace eg. (No PvP) to the gear and skill level I personally was comfortable with (Level 100, G15-R8, mix Pre Rebirth), and as soon as I did, then join a high level TW faction to learn the ropes, which I did.

At that point the game consisted of a week of grinding gear, coin, pots, exp, crafting stuff, merchanting, culti, helping others, leading to a planned weekend of TW, using the resources I had gathered with a group of friends I played/practiced with the during the rest of the week.
    Lol, quite often I would getup at 2-6am my time I loved it so much.

Ended up loving 1v1 PvP, with my non trash talking, constructive criticism talking, faction mates, but I personally still hate and ignore anyone trash talking about Factions, Other Players, Anything.
    Even a supporter of the Forum "No name and shame" rule, lol
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    SweetieBot award Trands 5 points for excellent post!
    Selak - Dreamweaver awards 5 points to trands!
    trands is now in 5th place for July 2014 with 5 points (5 points overall).
    Selak - Dreamweaver can still award another 25 points today.

Check this thread for the current high scores and to learn how to award points to others.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options

The good question most active PvPers will have then is to why are ppl then going for that high and expensive gears if they don't wanna PvP anyways.

At first I wanted to get better gears to be bale to help my friends and thats a great reason. If you are dedicated in helping others and making stuff easier for others then getting superb gears is legit.

That was the PvE aspect that only very few ppl go along with.

Still: You chose to be white named on a PvE server and you chose to roll on a PvP server with the full awarness that you can be killed while doing so at any time.

I for one find it boring just killing random white named ppl that offer low to zero challenge. But tbh they would deserve being killed. Like I said it's their own decision and ffs ppl gotta deal with the consequences of their decisions any friggin time in their whole lie. Oh sry...ofc I meant in their whole life =P.

And then there are the types of players that always hide in groups. You will always find them max buffed in between a huge crowd of players. While I agree that this is tactically wise it is also wise being able to stand up for oneself sometimes.

Although many ppl always use the phrase: "This is just a game" they are being blindfolded for the truth and this is nothing but a mere excuse. PWI is a game yes, but same could be said about life itself as well. The only difference is that the consequences are far more severe in real life.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • nexnrtwo
    nexnrtwo Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options

Sweetiebot please award Zoldi 5 points for consistentlly posting well-reasoned inputs over a long period of time in this jungle of self-entitlement! b:thanks
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    nexnrtwo wrote: »

Sweetiebot please award Zoldi 5 points for consistentlly posting well-reasoned inputs over a long period of time in this jungle of self-entitlement!
    Aww sorry but you need to have at least 50 posts to be able to award points.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• trands
    trands Posts: 2
    edited July 2014
    Options
    @trends i do outgear ppl but i am fine with being outnumbered in pk, i am not fine being completely overpowered in TWs like merged-factions of 70 r9s etch...

We were having nice fights against faction B end of last season, i was enjoying them even if we were losing,
    TWs were lasting 1 hour to 2 hours, and thats great....

now the trend is one-push-win TWs or no TWs at all (look at faction A not bidding, and faction C that just repositioned on the map in a way they can faceroll minor factions)

i believe if PWI doesnt pull something to revive and balance PvP, the game will be dead very soon, as i said PvP carries PvE that carries the mere will to play the game

also i can be called a rager or w.e., but its not really a rage, i just dont give a damn and do not mince words explaining my points of view, hate it or love it

It's just a suggestion. As Zoldi confirmed, others do mind the attitude of the PK'ers on the server. So if said PK'ers are complaining about lack of PvP, the point to improove is obvious. Best PvP has always been with/against players I appreciate. A better Perfect World starts with yourself. All the justifying doesn't do anything. You have merged too. Whatever your real intentions might have been, they are not seen from the outside. What I saw is basically what Verenor described. A lot of rage and flaming over wc.

I'm well aware that you are not a brainless kiddo, which is why I actually reply. It is not about how you are, it's all about how other see you. I guess you did it intentionally hoping to start a war and make things more interesting. It didn't work. It actually had an opposite effect of giving you little to no credibility when you talk about faction politics and as effect kills any form of PvP more then it revives. Same for the pokes you sometimes put in your vids or after-TW WC. PWI is an old game. The kiddos that react to that stuff left game for the most part to go to something newer.

Up to you (and the other PK guys that complain that there's no PvP/PK) to see. Keep going like this and be assured PvP will be a bit more dead each day, or try another approach and have a chance to improove things. It's just a suggestion.
  • Slewdem - Dreamweaver
    Slewdem - Dreamweaver Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Morai PK is just a handfull of players. You see them randomly rage and taunt eachother on WC, but that's about it. Lately, this number seems to become smaller and smaller.

Morai TW and NW is getting smaller and smaller too.

Must be a mix between getting to expensive, to much badmouthing, summer and PWI being an old game.

I understand when you talk about the bad mouthing, I think alot just let their EGO get in the way.. If you happen to one/two shot some one while their on CD or just not fast enough to react, I think it goes to their head like it's all them.. Like dam can you control when you zerk crit/crit on the high ends? I think that why pvp is dead ow because of that now every one trying to compare who better than who or who is best of a certain class.. Example 2 sins one out gears the other the higher gear one fights some one an the lesser gear notices few mistakes the sin made,before offering some advice they rather start talking mess oh they only got good gear blah blah blah
    Bahamas represent
  • Ulquiorraa__ - Raging Tide
    Ulquiorraa__ - Raging Tide Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    This game hasn't had fun PvP in a very long time.
    It's blatantly pay-to-win. Even equally geared people - if one has spent the money for a full S card set and awakened it, then that player has a ridiculous advantage over someone in the exact same gear and low cards.
    It's just not fun to go PvP in a game where the balance is so far out of whack and the gap between 'average' and 'high-end' is hopelessly huge. It becomes a hopeless struggle of keep up with the Jones'.

Honestly, the fun PvP is in other games. I play PWI for PvE and the min/max of stats for fun and the people I know here.....but I play another game for PvP that has a level playing field and where skill actually matters, not the size of your credit card (or devoting enough time to a game for it to constitute being a second job in order to compete).

Given the state of balance and the gap between p2w and f2p, it should be no surprise to anyone that PvP is dead in this game.

Some ppl dont realize that the gap btw S set of 60% bonus lvl 80 and a normal S lvl 80 player is only 11% ... And u think this amount of extra def/ atk makes pk not possible ... Just cause 1 person on a server have it ... Just not a good enough excuse .
    And for RT ... There was some pk till i left qqme .and now its dead since i was the sponsor of pk on RT... And the one that motivates that lazy faction .
    So pwi should seriously solve this shiit . Whts the meaning of gear to pve all time . And many of us started on pve server without knowing whts pve/ pvp. And without knowing about each server events times . So ya either merge servers or make a transfer stone .
    Up for any challenge .

RT PvP Ruler .
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited July 2014
    Options
    It's just a suggestion. As Zoldi confirmed, others do mind the attitude of the PK'ers on the server. So if said PK'ers are complaining about lack of PvP, the point to improove is obvious. Best PvP has always been with/against players I appreciate. A better Perfect World starts with yourself. All the justifying doesn't do anything. You have merged too. Whatever your real intentions might have been, they are not seen from the outside. What I saw is basically what Verenor described. A lot of rage and flaming over wc.

I'm well aware that you are not a brainless kiddo, which is why I actually reply. It is not about how you are, it's all about how other see you. I guess you did it intentionally hoping to start a war and make things more interesting. It didn't work. It actually had an opposite effect of giving you little to no credibility when you talk about faction politics and as effect kills any form of PvP more then it revives. Same for the pokes you sometimes put in your vids or after-TW WC. PWI is an old game. The kiddos that react to that stuff left game for the most part to go to something newer.

Up to you (and the other PK guys that complain that there's no PvP/PK) to see. Keep going like this and be assured PvP will be a bit more dead each day, or try another approach and have a chance to improove things. It's just a suggestion.

indeed i poke on purpose, unlike someone else that pokes "Crysis" at the mere purpose of insulting, and last season we attacked every top faction on the server no exceptions to ofc "start a war"

and yea we merged cause we reckoned we were not on the same level of the top factions on the server,
    then we unmerged when we saw there was no fun in steamrolling triple defense TWs vs top2-3-4 factions

yea all this process made us get heavy-hated but that was to bring back some challenge, that didnt come along doe,
    but leaving things as they were, were leading the server challenge\balance to get killed, at least i tried something after years of being "friendly with everybody"
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    The good question most active PvPers will have then is to why are ppl then going for that high and expensive gears if they don't wanna PvP anyways.
    I know people that bought good gears for PVE. Of course not to do Aba BH with a squad of 10 but to be able to solo some other instances. Anyway as long as they had money for this (should this be IRL money, farming, merchanting, whatever) that's their choice.
    But the main point is "what is PVP?" TW/NW are PVP as well. You can be a blue-name only guy hating World PK but that loves going to TW/NW and worked on gears for this goal. As if open world pk was funnier.... Maybe some people find it funnier, but would this be that surprising to hear that some people prefer TW or NW.
    TW or NW = between 4 and 10h of PVP each week. It can be enough for a lot of people... (I know you can do 2h of NW with only 5 minutes of real PVP but that's not the point)

But tbh they would deserve being killed. Like I said it's their own decision and ffs ppl gotta deal with the consequences of their decisions

That's not the question.
    Yeah people are allowed to kill white name players (even if killing several times in a row someone who doesn't defend himself and is just trying to do his dailies is bannable, even on PVE servers since you have to be white name to do some quests.
    So I don't know if they "deserve to die" but they can expect that to happen. Anyway, nobody is QQing about that. I'm just saying that because of that some people just switch to blue name (which is totally allowed as well) and then they finally don't want to switch back to white because of the 10h. They will say "I want to be able to bot / do my dailies so i can't", which is, once again, totally their rights on a PVE server.
    I don't judge any of those people, just saying that if you choose to chase everyone, you can't then be surprised if you don't see whitename people anymore.

@Hot : I was not talking about you. As far as I know there is only one personn on Morai acting that weird. Anyway what I wrote is a global opinion.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I know people that bought good gears for PVE. Of course not to do Aba BH with a squad of 10 but to be able to solo some other instances. Anyway as long as they had money for this (should this be IRL money, farming, merchanting, whatever) that's their choice.
    But the main point is "what is PVP?" TW/NW are PVP as well. You can be a blue-name only guy hating World PK but that loves going to TW/NW and worked on gears for this goal. As if open world pk was funnier.... Maybe some people find it funnier, but would this be that surprising to hear that some people prefer TW or NW.
    TW or NW = between 4 and 10h of PVP each week. It can be enough for a lot of people... (I know you can do 2h of NW with only 5 minutes of real PVP but that's not the point)

That's not the question.
    Yeah people are allowed to kill white name players (even if killing several times in a row someone who doesn't defend himself and is just trying to do his dailies is bannable, even on PVE servers since you have to be white name to do some quests.
    So I don't know if they "deserve to die" but they can expect that to happen. Anyway, nobody is QQing about that. I'm just saying that because of that some people just switch to blue name (which is totally allowed as well) and then they finally don't want to switch back to white because of the 10h. They will say "I want to be able to bot / do my dailies so i can't", which is, once again, totally their rights on a PVE server.
    I don't judge any of those people, just saying that if you choose to chase everyone, you can't then be surprised if you don't see whitename people anymore.

@Hot : I was not talking about you. As far as I know there is only one personn on Morai acting that weird. Anyway what I wrote is a global opinion.

well also a point is why are we all r9r3, when current PvE would require max g16 eventho Slaying level gears are already good enough

and yes ofc some player can hate World map PvP (pk) but actually some classes have skills designed only for World map PvP (wizard and psychic i think), so you can be one of the other classes that can unleash their full potential in TW and NW, and here we go...

how do you pull TWs that are actually balanced, can last more than 30 minutes and are actually funny?
    how do you pull decent NWs, where the enemies even if they outnumber you and its a full r9r3 squad, they leave the map cause they suppose they cant afford to win it or cause they want points from other easy lands

see, pwi absolutely have to bring something new to revamp PvP,
    like maybe open arena with daily event and consistent rewards, some kind of Theater of Blood but with 2014 rewards like War Avatar Packs or Chests

also i really hope this new TW event on wednesday-thursday will be balanced and funny
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Look like it or not pvp is dead in this game even on pvp servers.

Also on page one some one mentions new people who play this game should play and follow the storyline.Uhhh i been playing for going on 6 years now and have no stinking clue about the story of this game.99% of the player base that have done quest usually just click yes and then autopath to the quest mobs to kill and turn in.

Doing quest now days feels like im trying to hide somewhere to smoke a joint and pray i dont get caught.
  • trands
    trands Posts: 2
    edited July 2014
    Options
    well also a point is why are we all r9r3, when current PvE would require max g16 eventho Slaying level gears are already good enough

Ppl just love shiny stuff b:laugh Same as with cars. Some got super speed cars, but the speed limit doesn't allow them to drive faster anyway. Life with the strict necessary is boring.
    and yes ofc some player can hate World map PvP (pk) but actually some classes have skills designed only for World map PvP (wizard and psychic i think), so you can be one of the other classes that can unleash their full potential in TW and NW, and here we go...

Psychic is a real beast in TW or other group PvP. It's the main reason I play that class.
    how do you pull TWs that are actually balanced, can last more than 30 minutes and are actually funny?
    how do you pull decent NWs, where the enemies even if they outnumber you and its a full r9r3 squad, they leave the map cause they suppose they cant afford to win it or cause they want points from other easy lands

see, pwi absolutely have to bring something new to revamp PvP,
    like maybe open arena with daily event and consistent rewards, some kind of Theater of Blood but with 2014 rewards like War Avatar Packs or Chests

also i really hope this new TW event on wednesday-thursday will be balanced and funny

I'm not sure NW going down is related to the badmouthing as much as TW bidding. TW global strategy involves a limited number of individuals (leaders + some officers) that all know eachother and have their issues/friendships. Anyway, what was a dull season for you and made you undo the merge or Reign+Requiem, was a nice and fun season for me. Sure, against you guys there was no reason to even show up considering numbers and gear. But outside, there were a lot of nice TWs. That being pretty much gone must also be amplified by the gear gap and game economy.

NW for me is purely a gear gap/economy issue that makes that I barely go anymore. I don't mind the badmouthing as much when in TS with squad and joking. NH did a lot of harm to NW imo. Against the ones that do fight, my squad with very mixed gear quality stands no chance. The rest are just maps with instant pull-out farmers. Ohh yeah, there are also a few solo-heros, but who cares about those. In general I play less because NW/TW were the things that I looked forward too and those became dull. If it stays like this, I'll end up disappearing as well.
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    We're on the same server, so yeah. Aside from west arch, its namely tw and nw.

Thing is, that Dreamweaver was never designed to be a pvp server. Its a pve one. I agree that it'd be nice to have more pvp'ers for those that want to do it, but as others have mentioned (I didn't read each page, so I may duplicate words)...but:

-Cost of apoth/charms.
    -Too busy working on alts...even if just merching.
    -Class imbalance.
    -Gear Imbalance.
    -Card Imbalance.
    -Not an advocate of PVP
    -Dislike penalties of being red named and don't want to drop anything on death.

I've suggested in the past that PWI make a pvp open map that did not have the penalties of dropping items...including an assassins dq drop move.

Make the items there worth a little more. Make random immune to damage.(?) ground, swimming and flying world bosses on paths, to keep people from spawnkilling people. Make guards around to attack people who are red named still. Make high xp quests here...literally just xp and spirit. Put NW overseer there to buff according to level. Put blacksmith and apoth there. Put teleport masters there. Also put teleport portals to drop you at any random coordinate on the map. This prevents stealthed campers, campers, and forces people to use skill.

It eliminates most of the arguments against pk, and pve'ers won't mind learning so much. Being there however will force you into pvp mode. That's my suggestion for revitalizing it.

Allow a player to earn decent xp from killing another player there....of equal/better power.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    People on my server tend to be white named, but busy with PvE things, and PK loses its shine due to bad sports, bad manners, and raging.

Although my name is generally blue, i was white named for about a year and a half straight, all I remember from PK is constantly fighting people that completely out geared me, or getting ganked by people that out geared me. Before new horizons you didnt see many r9rr +3-7 sins, or full r9r sins in general on DW. Under geared people never wanted to fight because you are 'r9rr', and over geared people just 1 shot you. No one wants to fight a battle that ends as soon as it starts, that's no fun. Everyone likes winning, sure, but not like that all the time.

There's no pk for the following reasons:

1. There's no point to pk, you get no benefit (pk'ing for drops is a waste of time for the most part), there's nowhere where you need to pk to enhance your character, also the ranking system no longer exists.

2. Pk is expensive.

3. People are afraid to gank people who outgear them. Not sure why, this game is soft. Most other games, if you kill someone who knows they can't kill you, they call their friends, kill you, you call your friends, kill them and a nice pk war starts. But not pwi, people be like **** gankers we can't go gank him, oh I got an idea, let's flame gank him in worldchat instead!
    The irony in this is that, no one on DW has gear that matches yours, especially no one in opposiing factions. You can pretty much one shot 95-98% of the server due to GoF crits, and seekers can be tanky ****. Like i said, a battle that ends as soon as it starts is not worth fighting, so why start one? On top of the fact there is no reward for killing.

4. The mass amount of babies who QQ and flame the server up every time they die as though they'd just taken a fatal blow in real life.

Some of these things are very true, but they come from the perspective of someone that has easy access to good gear, charms, apo, and etc. We won't even start on how you hunt down people doing their dailies, just because 'you can'. It adds a sour tone.
    I've suggested in the past that PWI make a pvp open map that did not have the penalties of dropping items...including an assassins dq drop move.

In a zone where you can't drop anything the move is useless anyway. It's literally the most useless skill in game.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    They are not going to make an instance or map with no pvp consequences that is open 24/7. It is detrimental to open map pk and ultimately hurts their profits. They took out the arena and turned it into Theater of Blood, after all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • LostPoet - Dreamweaver
    LostPoet - Dreamweaver Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options

3. People are afraid to gank people who outgear them. Not sure why, this game is soft. Most other games, if you kill someone who knows they can't kill you, they call their friends, kill you, you call your friends, kill them and a nice pk war starts. But not pwi, people be like **** gankers we can't go gank him, oh I got an idea, let's flame gank him in worldchat instead!
    The irony in this is that, no one on DW has gear that matches yours, especially no one in opposiing factions. You can pretty much one shot 95-98% of the server due to GoF crits, and seekers can be tanky ****. Like i said, a battle that ends as soon as it starts is not worth fighting, so why start one? On top of the fact there is no reward for killing.

Unfortunately, I'll have to agree with Dion thoughts on your response...
    People work together and gank people who outgear them all the time. Most of the endgame players I can't fight 1v1 so I ask a veno or possibly BM to come assist. For debuff / purge and lock-down. 1 thing that dion did say wrong, was that you need to GoF crit to one shot people... Maybe on Fully buffed toons, or barbs, or people who are +12 /JOSD would you need to zerk / crit on (not needing the combo of both).

Your stats: (from eye of observation *which any people can see **most buffs on)
    • 857 spirit
    • 57.8k P.def
    • 31.7k M.def
    • 48.8k - 53.5k P.atk
    • 150 - ATK level
    • 126 - DEF level
    • 37791 HP

I have R9 +12 dags, full R9 +10 and some A cards. After you were purged, amped and I tripled sparked, my hardest hit on you was ~2.8k. Others ~400-800. Its one thing to do low damage on an Invoked barb, or BM with Physical marrow. Its another thing to hit you so little after all this....

Too bad you can't revert to weaker gear... you might find fun and challenge in PK / PvPing.
    YOUTUBE:
    youtube.com/user/lostpoetgaming

twitch LIVE STREAM + MORE VIDEOS:
    twitch.tv/thelostpoet/profile
  • Kalopsia - Dreamweaver
    Kalopsia - Dreamweaver Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Unfortunately, I'll have to agree with Dion thoughts on your response...
    People work together and gank people who outgear them all the time. Most of the endgame players I can't fight 1v1 so I ask a veno or possibly BM to come assist. For debuff / purge and lock-down. 1 thing that dion did say wrong, was that you need to GoF crit to one shot people... Maybe on Fully buffed toons, or barbs, or people who are +12 /JOSD would you need to zerk / crit on (not needing the combo of both).

Your stats: (from eye of observation *which any people can see **most buffs on)
    • 857 spirit
    • 57.8k P.def
    • 31.7k M.def
    • 48.8k - 53.5k P.atk
    • 150 - ATK level
    • 126 - DEF level
    • 37791 HP

I have R9 +12 dags, full R9 +10 and some A cards. After you were purged, amped and I tripled sparked, my hardest hit on you was ~2.8k. Others ~400-800. Its one thing to do low damage on an Invoked barb, or BM with Physical marrow. Its another thing to hit you so little after all this....

Too bad you can't revert to weaker gear... you might find fun and challenge in PK / PvPing.

The thread is about why people don't do pk at all on all servers, not about why people don't want to pk me individually on 1 server. I know I have nice gear, hard work pays off, but the thread isn't about me, it's about the lack of pvp in general across the entire game.
  • Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver
    Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver Posts: 441 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Gonna try bringing back the subject a lil as to why people dont PK and not go for specific people or such.
    I, for my part, stopped pking some weeks ago because of some reasons, the first being that too many id kill when they stand at west, white name, doing nothing, would QQ all the way to sunday about me being a bully or something less pleasant..
    Then theres the fact that about only a handful of people who did not outgear me with their shards would try attacking me. Can only think of Xaner who would have the guts to attack me even if knowing i flat out outgeared him a while ago. People my gear lvl usually would not fight me for some reason, which bring me to a question for you all.

Does a fear of a certain class make pking them less tempting or something similar?
    Like, to me, id be less tempted to hit a cleric my gear lvl then hit a bm or a sin my gear lvl.

(If my question is somehow considered thread hijacking, just ignore xD)
    Ebrithalia -Sage Seeker
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Gonna try bringing back the subject a lil as to why people dont PK and not go for specific people or such.
    I, for my part, stopped pking some weeks ago because of some reasons, the first being that too many id kill when they stand at west, white name, doing nothing, would QQ all the way to sunday about me being a bully or something less pleasant..
    Then theres the fact that about only a handful of people who did not outgear me with their shards would try attacking me. Can only think of Xaner who would have the guts to attack me even if knowing i flat out outgeared him a while ago. People my gear lvl usually would not fight me for some reason, which bring me to a question for you all.

Does a fear of a certain class make pking them less tempting or something similar?
    Like, to me, id be less tempted to hit a cleric my gear lvl then hit a bm or a sin my gear lvl.

There is only one class that frustrates me enough to make me stay away from others when my opponent severely out-gears me in NW, and that is indeed the bm class. All of the other classes that I have played, regardless if they were in far more rubbish gear or not, I would/will at least attempt to do something to impede the oped person. Yes there is a few things a bm can do, but I often find myself dying long before I am in reach to even throw a smack on people.

Though yea that is strictly speaking NW.

I wont open world pvp due to the overwhelming gear differences, far too easy for people to one shot others in this game. (It's almost as if we're playing a fps game.) I have always hated it when someone can just sit wherever, and one shot me/kill me easily before I can even get near them/let alone know where the **** they are, yes this has a bit to do with my gear, but the class being gimped doesn't help either. Albeit the nh update did help bm's, and others quite a bit, though yes that is just an opinion, but I for one believe it to be the truth. (The passives have helped EVERYONE out, sure some classes may have benefited slightly more than other classes, but that doesn't change the fact that we all get some kind of benefit from the passives.)
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver
    Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    My comments is this...

@ Kalopsia Ur GM mode already lol this thread aint even reach yo level b:laugh Hell ur Fash prolly Got Op Engraves lol.

@ Slew Theres alot of upcoming pkers on DW but most farmers and with the way the game is now their progress has been slow in trying to reach the point where they can atleast put up a good fight. And for the one that can speed things up they still tryna learn how to pvp aint dont want to be in the open to embarace themselves.

One of the main prob is as Kalopsia said "its expensive" for the ppl that know me that comes out to west knows its cause i had a spare charm and when i do go white name and standing out there is Pk Welcome for me regardless if im outgeared i never turn away a fight. I dont rage i dont QQ my motto; if u go white then just **** and Pk. NO ifs No buts Just do it. If in Open world hey if u catch me u catch me no QQing. Its why i flip the switch in first place. Attack me when i tryna do Dailies go right ahead but if u gonna camp me while i trying to do dailies then i need call back up. Squad kick me in middle of a run to pk me now thats foul and we gonna have drama.

Now if ppl want me pk all day at my expense oh sorry the ghetto comes out i will trade u food stamps for a charm lol But seriously its just costly . 11-15 mil for a plat charm for an hour or less of pk fun just not worth it . I farm for a charm each week and prefer to save it for NW cause atleast i get NW tokens + the fun .

"Oh PWI gave me Event Gold time to go White name" Is my attitude.

"Oh Pwi gave out a code for plate charm do i have spare or am I short on coins this week? oh want be able to get another charm for NW pass on clicking the switch to white."

I hear the whispers all the time in my server " Damn who that Seeker? she hit me 37k, WTF who that wizard hit me 44k, Damn this bm hit hard, this veno dont wanna die, i hit that archer for 500 damage only, Barb 1 shot me wth etc etc. and in the end of it all its "one day i get them" And I give the encouragement to keep that motivation going for them cause if not they Uninstall .

If an NPC sold charms for less then 5 mil hell prolly see pk all over the map it turn out to be BH White names. There is ppl out there that want that pvp fun or want to leave a mark one day. Its just to get there for alot of them takes climbing a mountain. Yeah ppl will say " Naw pvp sucks im on pve server i dont ever plan to pk" pfft and HOW many of them dont miss an NW?
    Gear does play a part as well when i was only 2nd cast finding a Pk match was a matter of just standing out of SZ, Now i either take the offer from lesser gear for a fun match and down grade a armour or 2 or wait for the ubber to be bored and just attack.

anyways need to go make my apple turn overs my comment was too long lol srry :P
    To think your OP is Fail, To know your role is OP
    Team work is Flawless,
    To think your better then the rest is shabby.

Blademaster - Celestial Demon
  • LostPoet - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2014
    Options
    The thread is about why people don't do pk at all on all servers, not about why people don't want to pk me individually on 1 server. I know I have nice gear, hard work pays off, but the thread isn't about me, it's about the lack of pvp in general across the entire game.

My point is that OP players like yourself make PK / PvP suck. the lead so great, catching up takes a while... And ya, hard work does pay off, I got a Nice expensive big house. You got your gear. Good for you... b:bye
    YOUTUBE:

• overcomem
    overcomem Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    cheap PvP? -> Private server. Skill > Gear you can practice PvP there and it's cheap.

PvP in PWI? ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...
  • Slewdem - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2014
    Options
    My point is that OP players like yourself make PK / PvP suck. the lead so great, catching up takes a while... And ya, hard work does pay off, I got a Nice expensive big house. You got your gear. Good for you... b:bye

Hmm the only difference i see here between him an the other great gear players is that he got the the portal set cards... So minus that what would be different from the rest on same gear level? And seriously talking about cashing that is so old now, if some one can afford it why not.. like i say if a rich person can spend 100k on a watch why is that considered cool, but if a person spend about 5k on a game they enjoy in their spare time lame? I thought that why people work to take care of their wants an needs.
    Bahamas represent
  • LostPoet - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Hmm the only difference i see here between him an the other great gear players is that he got the the portal set cards... So minus that what would be different from the rest on same gear level? And seriously talking about cashing that is so old now, if some one can afford it why not.. like i say if a rich person can spend 100k on a watch why is that considered cool, but if a person spend about 5k on a game they enjoy in their spare time lame? I thought that why people work to take care of their wants an needs.

ya well the cards are OP. you know that too. Anyone that is simply +12 JoSD or w/e is still decently killable with 2 or 3 decently geared players.
    With the card bonuses, its huge difference...

As for the cash statement. I got nothing against cashers.
    Just don't see the point in "buying your way to unkillable status".
    If you don't die, if you don't have to worry about getting 1 shot, if you don't have to play defensive as much, you're not going to learn / get better.
    A big part of PvP is dieing and learning from mistakes...
    Its like falling off the bicycle and learning to get up and do it right.....

Even if you are a good player, your gear will talk way before you can show any skill.....
    So 1, you can't show case any skill 2, people will always call you cash noob.
    YOUTUBE:

• LostPoet - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2014
    Options

Oh and my comment wasn't really against cashing or players that cash...
    I was simply responding to the statement above....

You got nice gear, hard work pays off....

I got a nice house, hard work pays off...

b:thanks
    YOUTUBE:

• Slewdem - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2014
    Options

It's hard for me to answer that cause i would 1v1 any toon no matter if they outgear me, i just like to pvp an get to learn more about the other classes play style so i can learn as i go on.. Only thing that really sad right now is the fact you can't see genie animations (faith/fortify) to the fact i have became so use to watching to see genie skills get casted rather than watching for the buff icon. tend to waste stun/dragon rising at times that wasted chi right there an i can tend to keep track of what their genie energy would be like after seeing them cast...
    Bahamas represent