Who would win the tittle of heavy champion

thelobo
thelobo Posts: 11 Arc User
edited July 2014 in Arigora Colosseum
I've recently gathered enough coin to get r9 but now that I have the coin I'm not sure if I should get R9 for a barb, seeker, or bm. They all have maxed skills. I usually play seeker when doing pvp and as main, but when it comes to get more money Bm's are better for farming, yet barbs more usefull when trying to complete quest that requiere squad(due to the lack of barbs).
So, I would like to ask you what pros/cons can you find for each class. (pvp and pve)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    R9 the Barb if you essentially want to tank forever and a day, as for the damage that's pretty nice assuming you can +10 it.

R9 the Bm if you want to stun, have decent survivability, chi issues, (obviously it isn't as much of an issue in r9 gear but it IS still an issue/remains even while in the most badass gear) and a rough go on the most gimped class in game, also very low damage output, not to mention if you don't mind your hf/gs etc getting wiped clean by a lucky proc from the purify proc. This guide here is still ridiculously accurate about bm endgame play. (What I am trying to say is that they will remain a heavy support class even in the endgame gear, you will indeed get kills with it if your skilled enough)

Really if you do choose to go the path of r9ing bm good luck to you, it will undoubtedly be better playing it with that gear than rubbish gear, but a lot of the issues you may or may not have seen while undergeared will remain. (Not all issues just a few of them).. Also for the record here: NH update helped bms quite a bit!

Again good luck with it, it should definitely be fun/a challenge. (For the record if I can play long enough, I may eventually go back and r93r the bm, but for now I personally chose my seeker over the bm class.)

R9 the Seeker if you want to actually kill things, and also have quite badass survivability.

So yea... I personally would chose the seeker. ( I admit I haven't played any class in full end game gear, but I do believe I have a very faint idea of what life would be like on these classes in end game gear. -Obviously I don't know exactly how they'll play but some of the advantages/disadvantage will follow a class into endgame play. )

-- Thats all for pvp -

-pve-

(Personally I love my bm the most of all in pve. -Again no full end game experience, still I believe a some of their quirks and a lot of their finer points show even in end game gear.-)

Barbs: They can kill, and they can also tank the best out of all the classes, but personally I feel that barbs take the most skill to learn how to aoe kill properly.

Bms: Absolutely brilliant in pve with the right person behind them, can also tank fairly well nigh regardless of gear, can also kill a large group of mobs fairly quick.

Seekers: I am sure they still hit far harder than either the bm or barb, and can also tank really rather well.

---

TL:DR

Seekers for pvp, Bm's for pve.

Obviously though all classes have their finer points as well as their drawbacks be it pve or pvp, some of which does NOT disappear just because one is in r9 gear.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    For PvE obviously barb. Just watch my videos and you know what I mean. Still...as you alrdy said. Barbs are the class needed the most. Although you can easily say that at such gear level...it doesnt matter what class you are. You won't have any problems.

For PvP: 1on1: Barb No.1 and bms and seeker both not far away from it. Although it's something like barb > bm > seeker these days.

But assuming that you ask such a question on the forums I doubt you have what it takes to 1on1 professionally...no offense. Just trust me here.

Group PvP: that dependa on the situation really. Barbs are the best tanks for TW etc...but well...are very immobile. Seeker and especially BMs are better suited for fighting against groups. BMs got their aoes and aoe stun while seekers can hit many targets pretty fast but have marginal group CC and debuffs. So imho it's BM > seeker >> barb.

On a side note...since the most recent update...ya well seekers got jacked a bit. Sure they got some decent skills that are quite good but...ya the defense passives are something not so great for the seekers xDD

I could explain everything in max detail now...but I'm lazy atm and there are a billion threada about all this and as you are not an entirely new player you should know some of this already and if not well...getting endgame gears always grows the need to get more info about what you are actually able to do. More info about the game is always beneficial cept you just wanna be another cs-nub.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver
    Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'd say Bm cause i am one and i loving the hell out of it since i got it r9 +NH expansion.

I wouldnt say barb due to ur reason it kinda of a waste to r9 the barb for squad PvE.

I will say go with seeker since u PVP on one and R9 would be the way the go. BM dont need r9 to be a farmer.
    To think your OP is Fail, To know your role is OP
    Team work is Flawless,
    To think your better then the rest is shabby.

Blademaster - Celestial Demon
  • thelobo
    edited July 2014
    R9 the Barb if you essentially want to tank forever and a day, as for the damage that's pretty nice assuming you can +10 it.

R9 the Bm if you want to stun, have decent survivability, chi issues, (obviously it isn't as much of an issue in r9 gear but it IS still an issue/remains even while in the most badass gear) and a rough go on the most gimped class in game, also very low damage output, not to mention if you don't mind your hf/gs etc getting wiped clean by a lucky proc from the purify proc. This guide here is still ridiculously accurate about bm endgame play. (What I am trying to say is that they will remain a heavy support class even in the endgame gear, you will indeed get kills with it if your skilled enough)

Really if you do choose to go the path of r9ing bm good luck to you, it will undoubtedly be better playing it with that gear than rubbish gear, but a lot of the issues you may or may not have seen while undergeared will remain. (Not all issues just a few of them).. Also for the record here: NH update helped bms quite a bit!

Again good luck with it, it should definitely be fun/a challenge. (For the record if I can play long enough, I may eventually go back and r93r the bm, but for now I personally chose my seeker over the bm class.)

R9 the Seeker if you want to actually kill things, and also have quite badass survivability.

So yea... I personally would chose the seeker. ( I admit I haven't played any class in full end game gear, but I do believe I have a very faint idea of what life would be like on these classes in end game gear. -Obviously I don't know exactly how they'll play but some of the advantages/disadvantage will follow a class into endgame play. )

-- Thats all for pvp -

-pve-

(Personally I love my bm the most of all in pve. -Again no full end game experience, still I believe a some of their quirks and a lot of their finer points show even in end game gear.-)

Barbs: They can kill, and they can also tank the best out of all the classes, but personally I feel that barbs take the most skill to learn how to aoe kill properly.

Bms: Absolutely brilliant in pve with the right person behind them, can also tank fairly well nigh regardless of gear, can also kill a large group of mobs fairly quick.

Seekers: I am sure they still hit far harder than either the bm or barb, and can also tank really rather well.

---

TL:DR

Seekers for pvp, Bm's for pve.

Obviously though all classes have their finer points as well as their drawbacks be it pve or pvp, some of which does NOT disappear just because one is in r9 gear.
    HEy I checked the bm guide, and it made me realise that getting r9 on my would not be a good idea since I still have a lot to learn when doing pvp with it. So now its between barb and seeker
  • thelobo
    edited July 2014
    For PvE obviously barb. Just watch my videos and you know what I mean. Still...as you alrdy said. Barbs are the class needed the most. Although you can easily say that at such gear level...it doesnt matter what class you are. You won't have any problems.

For PvP: 1on1: Barb No.1 and bms and seeker both not far away from it. Although it's something like barb > bm > seeker these days.

But assuming that you ask such a question on the forums I doubt you have what it takes to 1on1 professionally...no offense. Just trust me here.

Group PvP: that dependa on the situation really. Barbs are the best tanks for TW etc...but well...are very immobile. Seeker and especially BMs are better suited for fighting against groups. BMs got their aoes and aoe stun while seekers can hit many targets pretty fast but have marginal group CC and debuffs. So imho it's BM > seeker >> barb.

On a side note...since the most recent update...ya well seekers got jacked a bit. Sure they got some decent skills that are quite good but...ya the defense passives are something not so great for the seekers xDD

I could explain everything in max detail now...but I'm lazy atm and there are a billion threada about all this and as you are not an entirely new player you should know some of this already and if not well...getting endgame gears always grows the need to get more info about what you are actually able to do. More info about the game is always beneficial cept you just wanna be another cs-nub.
    I watched some of your videos it sems that r9 barbs are inmortals in pve. however I dont do a lot of 1vs1 with barb. I know how to fight a barb in 1vs 1 yet i still have to figure some strategies in that kind of fight when im using barb.