Favorite Mystic Skill?

2»

Comments

• ChevaIier - Harshlands
    ChevaIier - Harshlands Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Two Absorb Souls are not going to bypass the majority of r999s. ijs.

I'm R9rr. I bypass other R9rr's. JS.
  • MontRei - Dreamweaver
    MontRei - Dreamweaver Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The new lysing is great. No more running away from my plants, dammit
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
  • Algiz - Dreamweaver
    Algiz - Dreamweaver Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'm R9rr. I bypass other R9rr's. JS.

i can't tell you the amount of times i've dropped r9rr Psy's/Cleric's/Mystic's with absoul
    I am not. Don't get me wrong, it is a strong attack. It's just not strong enough relative to its casting time. I can do more damage with a combo of other skills than by working absorb soul in.

And you can only get 2 Absorb Souls off during a Zooming Thunder Powder as it still has a 2 second cooldown. Tried it out after someone suggested it for wrecking sleeping people a few weeks ago. Was not impressed, would rather use apoth slot for something else.

generally speaking i rarely need more than 2 to kill someone.

S/D absoul does take into consideration defense levels, but it also takes our attack levels. Im an average r9rr mystic with like 116 attack levels in an O'malley's blessing. Take into consideration that the cool thing to do now-a-days for casters (on my server anyway) is to shard full citrines or to shard full Jades / Deity. So what you end up having is someone with a lot of defense levels or attack levels, or even hp, but **** all pdef unless they have some op as hell ornaments and some vit / str in their build above and beyond the tired pure magic set.

So, consider this, Catch a psy in black voodoo with full jades and average for the class pdef. assuming sage, which is the most popular on DW, thats at least 25 from r9rr set bonus, 48 from jades, and -11 from sage black voodoo, and lets assume an O'malley's with +15. thats 77 defense levels with voodoo on. back to what i said a minute ago, my attack levels at 116.

so 116-77 =39, so my absoul is already hitting at 39% increased damage from its base. Now, unless the psy has some pretty gnarly pdef ornaments, and from my experience not many on this server do as yet, their pdef is gonna be anywhere between 10-15k depending on buffs they're wearing at the given time.

Most people assume that because level 11 absoul ignores defense levels that it loses its effectiveness, but to be honest that can't be any farther from the truth. 39% increased damage, nv proc addition, and low pdef on the psy = one big hurt.

now consider what happens if that poor fool gets purged and their pdef gets dropped to 7-9k base. Sure they gain back 11 defense levels from being thrown out of voodoo, but they just lost a chunk of defense from the base improvement on pdef.

I know my numbers aren't exactly spot on in every case, but in actual combat with debuffs and purges flying its not unusual for my sage absoul to nail some of the best geared psy's on the server for 20k+ when everything lines up right.

Alot of the utility of Absoul comes back to the most important thing to remember about the mystic class in general: Situation is everything for us.
  • Xanic - Lost City
    Xanic - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Swirling mist
  • Saibai - Raging Tide
    Saibai - Raging Tide Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Falling petals b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Saibai 103/102/100 Celestial Sage Mystic (main)b:victory
    Saiichi 101/100 Celestial Sage Cleric
    Saijou 100 Demon Sin
  • Puddinsundae - Harshlands
    Puddinsundae - Harshlands Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Gale Force.
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It used to be my Healing and Vital Herb. They look awesome together, and make accomplishing so much more than just spot healing possible...they were priceless.

2nd would be Rapid Growth,

3rd is my Cragglord
    . He's awesome at nuke time.

I guess 4th would be my Salvation. If you lysing her and then meditiate, it used to look like something spiritual was happening to your Mystic, lol. This one is also good for somewhat short-term defence, but I mainly am rating it for aesthetic value only. b:chuckle

Its a low down dirty shame about AS. I feel your pain... b:surrender

*ghost drifts off again* .... *drifting* ... *off* .. .
  • Shadowvzss - Harshlands
    Shadowvzss - Harshlands Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I am not. Don't get me wrong, it is a strong attack. It's just not strong enough relative to its casting time. I can do more damage with a combo of other skills than by working absorb soul in.

on last nw reicived 17-15k from AS and it was kinda instant potioned
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I'm not sure to have understood what "potionned" meant but AS can be now faster by combining with Storm Dance (not 100% chance though)
    If you manage to get the "buff" from Storm plus rapid growth, then AS is really extremely fast.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Shadowvzss - Harshlands
    Shadowvzss - Harshlands Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I'm not sure to have understood what "potionned" meant but AS can be now faster by combining with Storm Dance (not 100% chance though)
    If you manage to get the "buff" from Storm plus rapid growth, then AS is really extremely fast.

i guessed potion coz was too fast after 3rd spark also somehow i reicived dmg after AS (what already killed me), for me enough mysterious...

happened 2x in row when got 3rd+Nature's Vengeance+AS and insta dead and still was on ground and got another dmg what was registered aswell, was something like 25k+5k and 17k+3k

1st i thougth maybe the additional damage on sage/demon AS (that +30%) but if it is that then numbers too low, exclude it is calculated before doubled Nature's Vengeance effect or maybe cause instant cast maybe another skill? idk
  • Kittysama - Raging Tide_1432680721
    edited July 2014
    Kitty haz rather exotic favourite skill at playing a mystic. lol

Storm Mistress.

'Cause it's so fun to do double damage. On bosses Kitty usually tends to Vital Herb -> NV/Storm Mistress-spam.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Final ragequit on 21/02/2014 'cause ARC. Back on 15/04/2014, RL was bored.
    Ten Paths of Kittyness(old mains when deleted): Kittysama 100(100) Sage HA-Venomancer |Aivina 100(101) Sage (ex-Zerk) Str. Seeker | Kittytart 90(101) Demon All path Zerk BM | KittyFishie 92(101) Demon APS/DPH Zerk Assassin | Haroin 100(100) Demon Vit. Zerk Barbarian | Elfborn 82(100) Demon Cleric | Pessimiste 85(100) Sage Wizard | PalavaEnkeli 87(100) Demon Fist/APS-Archer | VerenVanki 85(100) Demon Mystic | MerenPeto 85(100) Sage Psychic
    Current mains: Old psy and 19 new/recreated mains(avg. level 82)
  • Alphaben - Raging Tide
    Alphaben - Raging Tide Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    *jumps in before necro*

Demon Salvation!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Terrytini - Raging Tide
    Terrytini - Raging Tide Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Too many to choose from.

Nature's Barrier, Energy Leech, and Lucky Break are my bread and butter aside from heals (for obvious reasons)
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    Closed for necro.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
This discussion has been closed.