[Maintenance Discussion]-7-15-14

2»

Comments

• Kaugummii - Morai
    Kaugummii - Morai Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The Dreamchaser pack is a very nice pack i say and would be nice to keep getting that one :) the only thing that i don't really like about it is that all item are unsellable.

If the tokens that we get to transfer in low gear weapens or Armor could be sellable, we don't always have to turn that one in and have huge bag space, we could just NPC the token because we don't need the gear at higher level.

On the rest Think about another experience improver in that other pack and then maybe some crab meat and MP herb since yea token price is going ridiculous (30k/piece on morai)
    Please call me Ben.. that is who I am
    Morai - Kaugummi - BM
    Ragin tide - Mastersworde - BM 101
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Maintenance Question: What type of items (reasonable) would you like to see given away via promo codes?

- Timed G15 or G16 weapons, untradeable. This allows players to get a taste of how powerful a character is with a particular end level weapon. Not useful for the regulars, but players who haven't even gotten a chance to get such a weapon can get a sense of what their end game gear will do.

- A "Back to Basics" item that will teleport existing players into the starting realm, giving those existing players a chance to snatch up the unique but weakish items there (IE the shadow mount, the racial flyer and the race specific title).

[Edit] That +12 orb idea earlier is funny, but make sure it can only be used on bound stuff, or it'll just end up favoring folk who have a bazillion accounts set up for code harvesting.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Genghiskhan - Heavens Tear
    Genghiskhan - Heavens Tear Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Items I would like to see...

Server transfer - give each ACCOUNT one, non-tradeable, but stashable. can transfer any one character. Each character can only transfer servers one per year. Add the item to the cash shop for X amount of gold...You can get one toon to another server free, and if you like it, spend the money to move any others you want to...sounds great to me.

Small stat reset notes - something like a basic reset, or maybe even smaller...everyone has that one oops nub moment.

Free hypers - Honestly, what the hell would this hurt? Surely no one is dumb enough to buy them from the cash shop anyhow.

Dragon Orbs - I wasn't here for the ocean mishap, I kinda wish I was...esp since my clerics gear is all like +7 and I don't wanna spend the money on it lol...but lets go ahead and give out a code for +11 or +12....because honestly, that part of the orb market is stupidly inflated anyhow. Or maybe give out some sort of bound dragon fire pack and let people try their luck - maybe they get hooked and buy the normal ones =)

More means of charms, or a perm charm price reduction - The common reason I hear from a lot of people why they don't do NW and TW is due to charm cost. Sure, uncharmed is an option, but it's gonna result in a lot more death and annoyance. More free charms, even if just silvers, would be great...if not via code, how about a new daily that can give a bound silver mp/hp charm?
  • FragiIe - Dreamweaver
    FragiIe - Dreamweaver Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Why does it take 3 hours to restart the servers?

Gold or silver hp charms!
    Items I would like to see...

Server transfer - give each ACCOUNT one, non-tradeable, but stashable. can transfer any one character. Each character can only transfer servers one per year. Add the item to the cash shop for X amount of gold...You can get one toon to another server free, and if you like it, spend the money to move any others you want to...sounds great to me.

Small stat reset notes - something like a basic reset, or maybe even smaller...everyone has that one oops nub moment.

Free hypers - Honestly, what the hell would this hurt? Surely no one is dumb enough to buy them from the cash shop anyhow.

Dragon Orbs - I wasn't here for the ocean mishap, I kinda wish I was...esp since my clerics gear is all like +7 and I don't wanna spend the money on it lol...but lets go ahead and give out a code for +11 or +12....because honestly, that part of the orb market is stupidly inflated anyhow. Or maybe give out some sort of bound dragon fire pack and let people try their luck - maybe they get hooked and buy the normal ones =)

More means of charms, or a perm charm price reduction - The common reason I hear from a lot of people why they don't do NW and TW is due to charm cost. Sure, uncharmed is an option, but it's gonna result in a lot more death and annoyance. More free charms, even if just silvers, would be great...if not via code, how about a new daily that can give a bound silver mp/hp charm?

+10 Don't do NW anymore because of the cost of charms!
  • Filtheyrich - Heavens Tear
    Filtheyrich - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2014

This would be nice.

If they contained the following they wouldn't **** balance too badly, of course usable once per character(so that they won't ruin the economy, but gives some basic stuff for leveling):

50: Some teleport incences, PV-token pack, Reflux Weapon, 10 1-star orbs(usable on bound gears), 12 Reflecting Shards, C-card pack

60: Counterstream armors, PV-token packx2, some teleport stones, XP-neck(3 days), 10 2-star orbs(usable on bound gears), C-card pack

70: PV-token pack, XP-neck 7 days, 1-day Auto-Recovery Stone, 14-day flyer, 6 3-star orbs(usable on bound gears), lvl 75 crablets and herbsx100, 10 teles, Bronze Charms, 6 Radiant Shards, 10xGuardian Scrolls, C-card pack

80: Master's helm, armors and weapon, XP neck 7 days, PV Token pack, 3-day Auto-recovery Stone, 10 teles, Bronze Charms, 6 4-star orbs(Usable on bound gears), 10xGuardian Scrolls, C-card pack

85: PV-token pack, 10 teles, 100 lvl 75-crablets, Silver Charms, 12 Radiant Shards, 20 Teleport Stones, 10xGuardian Scrolls

90: XP-neck 7 days, PV-token packx2, 10 teles, 20 Teleport Stones, 6 5-star orbs(Usable on bound gears), 200 lvl 75 crabs and herbs, 10xGuardian Scrolls, C-card pack

95: Gold charms, PV-token pack, 20 teles, 20 Teleport Stones, 7-day auto-recovery stone, 300 lvl 75 crabs and herbs, 12 Radiant Shards, 10xGuardian Scrolls

100: 30 Basic Badges, 7 Perfect Horns, 20 teles, 1x6-star orb(Usable on bound gears), 1x7-star orb(Usable on bound gears), 20 Angel of Wishes, 1000 lvl 75 herbs and crabs, Platinum charm(HP and MP), 200 bound Wraith Officer's Badges, Squad Signetx5, A-B-card pack
    sings "and a partridge in a pear tree "
  • Vedovis - Lost City
    Vedovis - Lost City Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    How about some AWESOME, month long charm, that balances "anyone" at 100 or higher out to high end OP. For example, "EVERYONE'S'" stats rise to equivalent of R9S3 +12 ref with ALL VIT Gems. The ones to gain the most are those with lower quality gear and ref. Likewise, those with high end pieces gain the least. Then we can have 4 glorious weekends of NW battles where the CASH players will face an onslaught of attacks from poorer players. The Cash players would be forced to PROVE it is not just their gear that gives them bragging rights (Obviously we all know "some" players know their stuff and gear isn't what makes them who they are).

The Charm should be
    NULLIFIED in TW
    ACTIVE IN ALL NON PVP instances AND NW!!!!

But.. why? If you want something like that, there are many special PWI servers where this is the case. Everyone would get equally awful points - do remember soulforce is a factor when giving credits.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

| Signature made by Fishy!~ | Semiretired |
  • Servetje - Morai
    Servetje - Morai Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Would like to see Do-all card's via promo code.

Prices are being sky rocketed since we do not have DQ anymore, and the free old DQ stashes of do-all cards are depleting rapidly on Morai

Only other way to obtain do-all cards is via tokens of luck and with current price 4m each gold in auctionhouse it makes a do all-card like 250k with no profit to be made.
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Would like to see Do-all card's via promo code.

Prices are being sky rocketed since we do not have DQ anymore, and the free old DQ stashes of do-all cards are depleting rapidly on Morai

Only other way to obtain do-all cards is via tokens of luck and with current price 4m each gold in auctionhouse it makes a do all-card like 250k with no profit to be made.

That's given me an idea - how about a code for tokens... something to regulate the prices a bit and bring useable items down to a reasonable price - then people can choose what to do with them.
  • Lienna - Momaganon
    Lienna - Momaganon Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Hey all,

Maintenance tonight will run from 11PM PDT - 2AM PDT.

This is just a restart, no patch.

Time Conversions: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140715T23&p1=224&ah=3

Maintenance Question: What type of items (reasonable) would you like to see given away via promo codes?

Amazing that a server restart does take 3 hours b:shocked

I'm glad that the rest of the world doesn't work like this......
  • candybear01
    candybear01 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    a pack containing 1Plat HP and MP charm
    or other useful items for higher lvl players
  • vias9x7
    vias9x7 Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Amazing that a server restart does take 3 hours b:shocked

I'm glad that the rest of the world doesn't work like this......

exactly -.-" thats redicilous that restarting a peice of equipment takeing 3 hrs -.-'''' and no patch, just a restart >.<

i'd like to see maybe 10 or 15 random pigments, or bring back blinking poltitices <.< bs that dreamchaser is p stones now... i'm running outta these pots >.< they help when im questing alone or doing fc/tt alone
  • enjo
    enjo Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    This would be nice.

If they contained the following they wouldn't **** balance too badly, of course usable once per character(so that they won't ruin the economy, but gives some basic stuff for leveling):

50: Some teleport incences, PV-token pack, Reflux Weapon, 10 1-star orbs(usable on bound gears), 12 Reflecting Shards, C-card pack

60: Counterstream armors, PV-token packx2, some teleport stones, XP-neck(3 days), 10 2-star orbs(usable on bound gears), C-card pack

70: PV-token pack, XP-neck 7 days, 1-day Auto-Recovery Stone, 14-day flyer, 6 3-star orbs(usable on bound gears), lvl 75 crablets and herbsx100, 10 teles, Bronze Charms, 6 Radiant Shards, 10xGuardian Scrolls, C-card pack

80: Master's helm, armors and weapon, XP neck 7 days, PV Token pack, 3-day Auto-recovery Stone, 10 teles, Bronze Charms, 6 4-star orbs(Usable on bound gears), 10xGuardian Scrolls, C-card pack

85: PV-token pack, 10 teles, 100 lvl 75-crablets, Silver Charms, 12 Radiant Shards, 20 Teleport Stones, 10xGuardian Scrolls

90: XP-neck 7 days, PV-token packx2, 10 teles, 20 Teleport Stones, 6 5-star orbs(Usable on bound gears), 200 lvl 75 crabs and herbs, 10xGuardian Scrolls, C-card pack

95: Gold charms, PV-token pack, 20 teles, 20 Teleport Stones, 7-day auto-recovery stone, 300 lvl 75 crabs and herbs, 12 Radiant Shards, 10xGuardian Scrolls

100: 30 Basic Badges, 7 Perfect Horns, 20 teles, 1x6-star orb(Usable on bound gears), 1x7-star orb(Usable on bound gears), 20 Angel of Wishes, 1000 lvl 75 herbs and crabs, Platinum charm(HP and MP), 200 bound Wraith Officer's Badges, Squad Signetx5, A-B-card pack

thats gread^^ but better is we can use it on all chars each acc not 1 alone
  • vias9x7
    vias9x7 Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    what would also be great is a free NON-ignorable chat system for bh starters, its getting hard to make ur squad seen in wc due to tele spammers... like make a special chat thats not wc for those who just chat or rip on others <.< just in wc thats annoying when makeing squads and ur spammed out with 'so and so is a nab...."

make a chat system or something like fast squad form thats FREE to make squads (like select cave and lvl range and it auto chats in main chat for u and ppl still ask u like they do now to join)

also a NON-ignorable market chat.... if ur selling and cant afford teles it sucks cuz most ppl turn off market (make an item u use at an npc that takes a min to cooldown for a free tele for selling itmes or buying... offenders that use to just chat have there item revoked for a day)
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    SweetieBot can confirm the servers are back up! Yay!

Here's the server status:

West Coast Servers:
    Sanctuary (PVE) (pwigc2.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 80ms)
    Heaven's Tear (PVE) (pwigc4.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 78ms)
    Lost City (PvP) (pwigc3.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 119ms)
    Archosaur (PvE) (pwiwest4.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 107ms)

East Coast Servers:
    Harshlands (PvP) (pwieast1.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 26ms)
    Dreamweaver (PvE) (pwieast2.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 20ms)
    Raging Tide (PvE) (pwieast3.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 118ms)

European Servers:
    Morai (PvE) (pwieu3.en.perfectworld.eu): ONLINE (Ping: 241ms)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• PeachyKisses - Archosaur
    PeachyKisses - Archosaur Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    vias9x7 wrote: »
    what would also be great is a free NON-ignorable chat system for bh starters, its getting hard to make ur squad seen in wc due to tele spammers... like make a special chat thats not wc for those who just chat or rip on others <.< just in wc thats annoying when makeing squads and ur spammed out with 'so and so is a nab...."

make a chat system or something like fast squad form thats FREE to make squads (like select cave and lvl range and it auto chats in main chat for u and ppl still ask u like they do now to join)

also a NON-ignorable market chat.... if ur selling and cant afford teles it sucks cuz most ppl turn off market (make an item u use at an npc that takes a min to cooldown for a free tele for selling itmes or buying... offenders that use to just chat have there item revoked for a day)

No. No. No. And uumm....No. The "Free Horns" they give up now and that arent blockable are horrible enough. The day they put those in the boutique back in the day was one of the biggest mistakes they ever could have made. And now you want then to do the same **** for bh. There is normally one person with teles in a squad for that. Oh and there is this amazing thing called Faction chat. Ask there first you will be amazed what you find. If not the wait it out or buy some normal teles. If you dont like the current episode of "As The Worldchat Scrolls" then use that magical item called a blacklist for the current episode actors. b:surrender
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    @people complaining about how long maint takes for "just a restart"

Um... it's been stated multiple times that even when there's no patch they're doing more than just rebooting the servers during maint.

Or do you guys think that items sent by customer support, faction icons, a chance to go through the logs properly, and so on (among other more technical things) just magically show up after maints by sheer coincidence? b:surrender
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • alexanade
    alexanade Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    meh..........servers r up ppl .......go b:bye
  • FragiIe - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2014
    vias9x7 wrote: »

no more non ignorable chat items..horns are bad enough!b:angry
    OPKossy wrote: »
    @people complaining about how long maint takes for "just a restart"

Um... it's been stated multiple times that even when there's no patch they're doing more than just rebooting the servers during maint.

Or do you guys think that items sent by customer support, faction icons, a chance to go through the logs properly, and so on (among other more technical things) just magically show up after maints by sheer coincidence? b:surrender

State that then otherwise we assume you're restarting the servers only! I've not seen it explained multiple times and we don't always read maint chat some of us go to bed!
  • Lienna - Momaganon
    Lienna - Momaganon Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    State that then otherwise we assume you're restarting the servers only! I've not seen it explained multiple times and we don't always read maint chat some of us go to bed!

It's not kossy's fault, he's just a mod on the forums
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Since you have the problems with your codes under control now, you can surely give out some 10* Orbs. Or even better....give out a 12* Orb code that is ofc only usable on bound gears.

Why? Surely ppl could use it to refine anything between 1-12 but only the fewest will actually go full +12 or at least even reach one part +12. When that single orb motivates them to cash for everything up to +11 then you make a huge revenue.

Codes like that would be the smartest choice. Anyone would be very happy and you make lots of money. The ones alrdy sitting at +11 will jump into the air outta happieness and the others get motivated like I said.

But this won't be considered simply because some smart-... ppl in PWEs marketing department think that ppl will cash for +12 Orbs anyways...so there is more to gain without a code like that. I could only tell them: Look at the current game. If you don't give them a reason then only very few will start cashing again. Codes like that would be a great motivator. ijs.

BUT!!! MAKE SURE THAT THIS CAN'T BE ABUSED AGAIN!!!! W/E YOU CHOOSE TO BE YOUR NEXT CODE.

Bumb! :D DO EEET.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • FragiIe - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2014
    Not pointing fingers at anyone..but it's much easier if it's stated in the post rather than it having to be explained over and over! Most games I've ever played gives a list of fixes and any additional work they'll be doing!
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    Not pointing fingers at anyone..but it's much easier if it's stated in the post rather than it having to be explained over and over! Most games I've ever played gives a list of fixes and any additional work they'll be doing!

It's standard behind-the-scenes stuff and PWI is, for whatever reason, pretty tight lipped about the more technical and in-depth things they do. So we get patch notes when there's a patch and when there isn't they expect us to use a bit of common sense to realize that they aren't just rebooting a computer. Especially since almost all of us know by now that maint is when they do the type of insertions (be it items, faction icons, gold, or so on) that require the servers to be offline to get done without too much trouble.

Besides, if they literally just rebooted the servers, the bloody things would overheat and get damaged from being on 24/7. Can't leave a computer running all day every day for multiple years without having some sort of issues pop up. b:chuckle

It has been explained before plenty, though. But... as you did admit you don't always read through these things, it's more likely than not that you just missed it. We even had Surtr saying the same thing I currently am as recently as last week, so it's not as though they've never pointed it out before.
    Surtr wrote: »
    Without getting into the technical details, I'll just say that even when there's no patch, weekly maintenance encompasses more than just rebooting the servers.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • LostPoet - Dreamweaver
    LostPoet - Dreamweaver Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Something that I can exchange for:

Geographer's Map or 15 Hypers.

So on new toons, I'll take hypers, and old toons that didn't get a free mapb:cry, I'll take the map.
    YOUTUBE:
    youtube.com/user/lostpoetgaming

twitch LIVE STREAM + MORE VIDEOS:
    twitch.tv/thelostpoet/profile
  • lodez
    lodez Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    First non-human reply!

The latest manual patch appears to be: Patch 796-798 14.1MB (14797264 bytes)
    That's average-sized.

This patch hasn't been officially listed yet.
    What types are there?

Manual patch listed? But there is no automatic patch?
  • Adira_Zita - Heavens Tear
    Adira_Zita - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    yay maint
  • GreenLegend - Archosaur
    GreenLegend - Archosaur Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    *smacks a "COMPLETED" at the end of thread name and un-stickies*

b:surrender
    Dreams are just dreams...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • migelsantes
    migelsantes Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    b:laugh
    Would love to see some kind of server stone allowing you to change server twice per toon b:chuckle
  • catn
    catn Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    could pwe make the world map bigger? or no
    stand next to me you'll never stand alone

juniornowack HeavensTear
  • WorryEasykil - Dreamweaver
    WorryEasykil - Dreamweaver Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    i would like to see either mats for making tomes or mats for making things that were made impossible to farm (like the capes you get from trophy modes 69/79) Both would allow you to run the promotion several times, as it takes a huge amount of mats to make the items, which would encourage people to check forums/arc more often.