[Maintenance Discussion]-7-15-14

sparkiesoft
sparkiesoft Posts: 47
edited July 2014 in General Discussion
Hey all,

Maintenance tonight will run from 11PM PDT - 2AM PDT.

This is just a restart, no patch.

Time Conversions: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140715T23&p1=224&ah=3

Maintenance Question: What type of items (reasonable) would you like to see given away via promo codes?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Kittysama - Raging Tide_1432680721
    edited July 2014
    Inb4lock!

Kitty was first Kitty-reply!

E: 50 acc. stashable/non-tradeable Perfect Tokens of Luck.

'cause token merchants have become greedy and tokens are useful for soooo many thingies.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Final ragequit on 21/02/2014 'cause ARC. Back on 15/04/2014, RL was bored.
    Ten Paths of Kittyness(old mains when deleted): Kittysama 100(100) Sage HA-Venomancer |Aivina 100(101) Sage (ex-Zerk) Str. Seeker | Kittytart 90(101) Demon All path Zerk BM | KittyFishie 92(101) Demon APS/DPH Zerk Assassin | Haroin 100(100) Demon Vit. Zerk Barbarian | Elfborn 82(100) Demon Cleric | Pessimiste 85(100) Sage Wizard | PalavaEnkeli 87(100) Demon Fist/APS-Archer | VerenVanki 85(100) Demon Mystic | MerenPeto 85(100) Sage Psychic
    Current mains: Old psy and 19 new/recreated mains(avg. level 82)
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    First non-human reply!

The latest manual patch appears to be: Patch 796-798 14.1MB (14797264 bytes)
    That's average-sized.

This patch hasn't been officially listed yet.
    : What type of items (reasonable) would you like to see given away via promo codes?
    What types are there?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Maintenance Question: What type of items (reasonable) would you like to see given away via promo codes?

I'd like to see the teleport bells (I think that's what they're called) given away. There is no downside for PWI whatsoever and we can get places faster. I'd do Paperclip for Villa every day on my chars too, if I had them....

I'd also like to see socket stones given away. Again I don't see any downside for PWI. We could socket all our stuff and spend money on shards.
  • Kyokede - Sanctuary
    Kyokede - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Lets see maybe a pack similar to dreamchaser, but make it more useful for higher lvl players
  • towliethe1
    towliethe1 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I would like some free HP/Mp Pots since now it costs alot of coins and they get used up really fast.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    Socket Stones, Crabmeat, Herbs, Teleport Stones, That bound teleport bell from that one map event, the bound auto-pots, C-B packs from War Avatars (These will not give tons of significant power the way A/S cards do.), Magic Shadow pills And the apoth you guys have been giving out already. Note I've linked bound versions of things whenever possible. :P

Lets see maybe a pack similar to dreamchaser, but make it more useful for higher lvl players

They even have one made and translated. I'm guessing the only reason it was not released is because of the lame 1-80 pill. They should just have that item removed and release codes for these.

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/29028

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    ^This. Sick of seeing people spam the code on their 9k accounts and get multiple times the benefits.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Kittysama - Raging Tide_1432680721
    edited July 2014

This would be nice.

If they contained the following they wouldn't **** balance too badly, of course usable once per character(so that they won't ruin the economy, but gives some basic stuff for leveling):

50: Some teleport incences, PV-token pack, Reflux Weapon, 10 1-star orbs(usable on bound gears), 12 Reflecting Shards, C-card pack

60: Counterstream armors, PV-token packx2, some teleport stones, XP-neck(3 days), 10 2-star orbs(usable on bound gears), C-card pack

70: PV-token pack, XP-neck 7 days, 1-day Auto-Recovery Stone, 14-day flyer, 6 3-star orbs(usable on bound gears), lvl 75 crablets and herbsx100, 10 teles, Bronze Charms, 6 Radiant Shards, 10xGuardian Scrolls, C-card pack

80: Master's helm, armors and weapon, XP neck 7 days, PV Token pack, 3-day Auto-recovery Stone, 10 teles, Bronze Charms, 6 4-star orbs(Usable on bound gears), 10xGuardian Scrolls, C-card pack

85: PV-token pack, 10 teles, 100 lvl 75-crablets, Silver Charms, 12 Radiant Shards, 20 Teleport Stones, 10xGuardian Scrolls

90: XP-neck 7 days, PV-token packx2, 10 teles, 20 Teleport Stones, 6 5-star orbs(Usable on bound gears), 200 lvl 75 crabs and herbs, 10xGuardian Scrolls, C-card pack

95: Gold charms, PV-token pack, 20 teles, 20 Teleport Stones, 7-day auto-recovery stone, 300 lvl 75 crabs and herbs, 12 Radiant Shards, 10xGuardian Scrolls

100: 30 Basic Badges, 7 Perfect Horns, 20 teles, 1x6-star orb(Usable on bound gears), 1x7-star orb(Usable on bound gears), 20 Angel of Wishes, 1000 lvl 75 herbs and crabs, Platinum charm(HP and MP), 200 bound Wraith Officer's Badges, Squad Signetx5, A-B-card pack
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Final ragequit on 21/02/2014 'cause ARC. Back on 15/04/2014, RL was bored.
    Ten Paths of Kittyness(old mains when deleted): Kittysama 100(100) Sage HA-Venomancer |Aivina 100(101) Sage (ex-Zerk) Str. Seeker | Kittytart 90(101) Demon All path Zerk BM | KittyFishie 92(101) Demon APS/DPH Zerk Assassin | Haroin 100(100) Demon Vit. Zerk Barbarian | Elfborn 82(100) Demon Cleric | Pessimiste 85(100) Sage Wizard | PalavaEnkeli 87(100) Demon Fist/APS-Archer | VerenVanki 85(100) Demon Mystic | MerenPeto 85(100) Sage Psychic
    Current mains: Old psy and 19 new/recreated mains(avg. level 82)
  • Pedro_pan - Dreamweaver
    Pedro_pan - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Would love to see some kind of server stone allowing you to change server twice per toon b:chuckle
  • raizorblayde
    raizorblayde Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I've honestly loved the key codes you have all put in thus far. I would like to see more but I'm not fussy about what it would be as long as it's helpful for everyone. Freebies are always welcome to the financially broken lol b:cute
  • dejiavu
    dejiavu Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I would like to see Blinking Poltices
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Fashion, but not the ugly lame fash, but something like the GM's fashion. =P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • GreenLegend - Archosaur
    GreenLegend - Archosaur Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Reasonable promo? Well first, let's move away from the charge promos.

I enjoy that Crown+Plat HP Charm promo - but instead of the Crown/Tiara, I vote some sort of Fash wep? Hell maybe even event gold, and toss in Fash weps in there!
    Dreams are just dreams...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mintcocoa
    mintcocoa Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Reasonable free promo? To me that says simple things that people need and use all the time. An example would be mirages, perfect chi stones or even teleport stones.
    I loved that temporary npc we had there for awhile. The one near the Tailor in South Arch. You could do a few simple daily quests and collect items for other nice things.
    Free temp fash is ok by me as well, I enjoy that sort of thing. Oh! How about the random chance to get Ecstacy Cards or Excitement Cards, or Rotating Cog of Fate.
    Nightspike Crystals!! Eh.. ok dreaming there xD.
  • mochabear#4763
    mochabear#4763 Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Hi!

I would like to see the autorecovery orb or advanced autorecovery orb given once in awhile or even 'perma' like the blessings. This sort of functionality would promote pvp and help the overall game economy with more pots being utilized.
  • Highestelf - Heavens Tear
    Highestelf - Heavens Tear Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    How about some AWESOME, month long charm, that balances "anyone" at 100 or higher out to high end OP. For example, "EVERYONE'S'" stats rise to equivalent of R9S3 +12 ref with ALL VIT Gems. The ones to gain the most are those with lower quality gear and ref. Likewise, those with high end pieces gain the least. Then we can have 4 glorious weekends of NW battles where the CASH players will face an onslaught of attacks from poorer players. The Cash players would be forced to PROVE it is not just their gear that gives them bragging rights (Obviously we all know "some" players know their stuff and gear isn't what makes them who they are).

The Charm should be
    NULLIFIED in TW
    ACTIVE IN ALL NON PVP instances AND NW!!!!
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Ideally, nothing.
    Alternatively, HP/MP food.
    Weapon fash would be cool too I guess.
  • LilyWinters - Archosaur
    LilyWinters - Archosaur Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited July 2014

I agree with most of the things that have been mentioned so far but would like to add:

> Absence Notes - There a numerous circumstances, out of your control or not, that can prevent you from logging in occasionally. And we're not even given any chance at all to obtain these anymore.

> Smilieys - \o/

> Profundity Scrolls - Why would you NOT want free experience...

I am sure there are more, but I just can't think of anything else that hasn't been mentioned yet.
    Whoever said nothing is impossible never tried slamming a revolving door.
  • hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Silver hp/mp charm. Could get a casual person to do NW more often ( or at least when code is given out)
  • Sien - Heavens Tear
    Sien - Heavens Tear Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    +12 orbs so we can get ****ed over like we did last time.
  • MouseKiller - Heavens Tear
    MouseKiller - Heavens Tear Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    So far I like the high lvl dreamchaser code idea, and what Kitty suggested as rewards is even a realistic amt. Bravo Kitty.

LOL Sien, love ya hon.
  • YukiNakaoH - Harshlands
    YukiNakaoH - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Hey all,

Time Conversions: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140715T23&p1=224&ah=3

i like telep stones, chips, orb +10 ( the free one i cant get cos the ppl abuse the glitch) guardian scroll, hp n mp charm, hyper stones, some teles myb and the talisman from dreamchease pack ty pwi :))
  • senshifan22
    senshifan22 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    i would love to see a give away with 100 event gold.
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The servers are now down! Everyone start panicking!
    Ohh wait, this happens every maintenance.

Here's the server status:

West Coast Servers:
    Sanctuary (PVE) (pwigc2.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Heaven's Tear (PVE) (pwigc4.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Lost City (PvP) (pwigc3.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Archosaur (PvE) (pwiwest4.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE

East Coast Servers:
    Harshlands (PvP) (pwieast1.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Dreamweaver (PvE) (pwieast2.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Raging Tide (PvE) (pwieast3.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE

European Servers:
    Morai (PvE) (pwieu3.en.perfectworld.eu): OFFLINE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• shehryarkhan
    shehryarkhan Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Well you can start by giving away 3*+ orbs and hyps, or some lvl 10+ shards.... :D
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Hey all,

Since you have the problems with your codes under control now, you can surely give out some 10* Orbs. Or even better....give out a 12* Orb code that is ofc only usable on bound gears.

Why? Surely ppl could use it to refine anything between 1-12 but only the fewest will actually go full +12 or at least even reach one part +12. When that single orb motivates them to cash for everything up to +11 then you make a huge revenue.

Codes like that would be the smartest choice. Anyone would be very happy and you make lots of money. The ones alrdy sitting at +11 will jump into the air outta happieness and the others get motivated like I said.

But this won't be considered simply because some smart-... ppl in PWEs marketing department think that ppl will cash for +12 Orbs anyways...so there is more to gain without a code like that. I could only tell them: Look at the current game. If you don't give them a reason then only very few will start cashing again. Codes like that would be a great motivator. ijs.

BUT!!! MAKE SURE THAT THIS CAN'T BE ABUSED AGAIN!!!! W/E YOU CHOOSE TO BE YOUR NEXT CODE.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • PeachyKisses - Archosaur
    PeachyKisses - Archosaur Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Hey all,

Well more Event gold would be nice first off seeing as how the DQ system was never reinstated or newer version introduced. Some nicer things for higher levels would be nice to. Although with gear the way it is now i dont see the gear you can get for lvl 80's as a good option but some nice pots or accountstashable but not tradeable d orbs of various refine levels.And maybe some account stashable hypers again. When you stopped making them account stashable so we can use the abundance that we have already for lower level alts on the same account you kinda screwed us all. b:surrender
  • BadTanker - Raging Tide
    BadTanker - Raging Tide Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Hey all,

Resonable code?

1st i want to say fixed DQ Item page xD
    and more if u want to give us anything u can give to 100lvl + ppls :) it would be nice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Since you have the problems with your codes under control now, you can surely give out some 10* Orbs. Or even better....give out a 12* Orb code that is ofc only usable on bound gears.

Why? Surely ppl could use it to refine anything between 1-12 but only the fewest will actually go full +12 or at least even reach one part +12. When that single orb motivates them to cash for everything up to +11 then you make a huge revenue.

Codes like that would be the smartest choice. Anyone would be very happy and you make lots of money. The ones alrdy sitting at +11 will jump into the air outta happieness and the others get motivated like I said.

But this won't be considered simply because some smart-... ppl in PWEs marketing department think that ppl will cash for +12 Orbs anyways...so there is more to gain without a code like that. I could only tell them: Look at the current game. If you don't give them a reason then only very few will start cashing again. Codes like that would be a great motivator. ijs.

BUT!!! MAKE SURE THAT THIS CAN'T BE ABUSED AGAIN!!!! W/E YOU CHOOSE TO BE YOUR NEXT CODE.

...this is actually very clever thinking....you probably feel its Basics 101 of economics, but that's why you're the successful merchant. Anyway I hope they read and understand this.
  • blo0dixte4rs
    blo0dixte4rs Posts: 1
    edited July 2014
    so this is great...now i have to wait...why does it take 3 hrs to restart this thing again?? any who.... i think that some event gold would be a good option. not enough to be abused, but this way everyone (no matter their lvl) can get something they may like (^__^)' hehe