just a heads up

Options
Rawynn - Archosaur
Rawynn - Archosaur Posts: 266 Arc User
edited July 2014 in Off-Topic Discussion
Just a heads up, non game related, if you get a call from 202-769-7826; it's a scam.

It's the newest scam going around, looked the number up when i got home, turns out my thoughts after hanging up on the person was correct. They claim to be calling from Microsoft Windows, and tell you that your computer has been sending error reports to them as well as informing them that its also been sending them reports of viruses and other malicious items on your computer and they would like for you to sit down on your computer and let them fix these.

OK, first of all, yeah computers do send error reports, however what gave this scammer away to me was when he told me that it had sent the virus report as well. as far as i know anyway windows doesn't do that.

pretty sure no one hear is dumb enough to fall for this, but just figured i'd put a heads up out there so nobody falls for this random act of stupidity.
[SIGPIC]SIGPIC]
Post edited by Rawynn - Archosaur on

Comments

• GreenLegend - Archosaur
    GreenLegend - Archosaur Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I've heard of these types of scams where they speak of a dire situation you might be in and demand some sort of payment or else.

Thanks for the heads up!
    Dreams are just dreams...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • raevvenn
    raevvenn Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Been going on for over a year actually.