Icicle Vs. Shriek

Options
Hisiala - Morai
Hisiala - Morai Posts: 106 Arc User
edited July 2014 in Venomancer
I apologize if this has been covered before, but after browsing the subforum, I couldn't find anything about my peculiar issue.

So, on topic.

I got an evolved Glacial Walker pet with the following skills

Icicle - lvl 5
Blessing - lvl 5
Strong - lvl 5
Protect - lvl 5
Bloodthirst - lvl 4 (which is max)
Provoking - lvl 8 (which is max)
Ice stone armor (which is the evolved pet's set skill. or whatever that's called)

Now with these skills my pet can keep agro from my g16 +10 weapon even if I go full dd on whatever I'm hitting.

The question is...

How much agro does Icicle generates?

I'm asking this because I would like to have Shriek on this pet (to interrupt certain bosses from healing or casting spells) instead of Icicle.

If I do get Shriek, will the pet still keep agro from me even without Icicle?
Post edited by Hisiala - Morai on

Comments

• Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Interesting question O_o I don't think anybody can say exactly in numbers how much agro this or that skill generates, pet's or character's. Both skills are in sale list of Mrs. Zoologist, you can test them both and keep what you like most.
    Icicle is not an agro skill, basically it should keep agro if pet deals more damage than you. And it depends on your own attack + inherit stats etc. It's provoking skill which actually agroes. Hard to say how it will work with 1 dd skill less. Guess, you have just to try it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Icicle actually does add more aggro than just damage dealt. It's like Bash, just elemental in nature.

Aside from that, I agree with the rest. Both skills are available for purchase and that's really the only way to find out for sure. I don't think anyone's ever attempted to find out exact values for the pet aggro skills, though, so that's not info any of us can really provide aside from maybe telling about our own experiences.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Hisiala - Morai
    Hisiala - Morai Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    So, as suggested I've tried this out and got Shriek instead of Icicle.

And I have to say...

Although I kinda miss Icicle, Shriek is very useful. Pet is able to keep agro thanks to the mood skill Provoking. I tested this only on (?) bosses, though, which was what I was aiming for.

I don't know how it could be if pet has a lower level Provoking skill or how well it can tank on bosses that aren't (?), but I suppose that by regulating the damage, pet won't lose agro.