Favorite Instance?

Alphaben - Raging Tide
Alphaben - Raging Tide Posts: 226 Arc User
edited September 2014 in Dungeons & Tactics
So I got bored and I thought I'd ask:

What is each of your personal favorite instances and why?

Mine is Endless Universe, why? Because I find it extremely easy; I only have to Blade Affinity+Unfetter to the next mirror then fight a few bosses. The rewards are pretty fun too, and honestly I don't really care if there's a few mess ups aslong as someone owns up to it or says they're new to EU.

I am a Seeker though, so I imagine some other classes like barb or cleric might have a very different view of EU b:laugh
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Alphaben - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Favorite place USED to be: Delta (but ever since the removal of coins, the popularity of this place has plummeted, granted we can still earn cash from it, it is at such an indirect way people just avoid it.) Yes this was REGARDLESS of what character I was on, played every character I ever had there fairly well.

NEW favorite place: Flowsilver Palace

As for the why: Fairly simple and easy, rewarding, and quick most of the time.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Favorite instance is full Warsong. Second would be flowsilver. I've never done EU at least not yet, but the former two I like because it takes a good squad that works together. I don't mind full delta or SoT/Aba (BH/FB or culti) since I like helping people even those I don't know, but definitely FWS is tops in my list. It's just fun to me.

Least favorite would be FC because its boring and too many are dependent on it.

Edit: forgot about Lunar, so had to add it after reading WannaBM's post below so FWS, Lunar, then FS
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Lunar.
    Short, fast, Nice combination for my 2 barb things. Perfect length pulls for the anti stun skills. Then some boss to aps and repeat. Different paths to do (unfortunately only worth it during 2x) And TM.

FW the defence is too boring. (and too anoying with DCs etc)

UCH is boring in every way.

Delta is even worse, most boring of all.

FSP is kinda ok. Would apreciate it more if it were farmable instead of dayly.

TT is nice except for the annoying thing where you have to wait for the doggy to spawn in 2-3.

Aba and sot not too sure. Done the weeklies a lot. The purple balls are a major bummer for SOT. ABA is just way too easy.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • ZentDreigon - Raging Tide
    ZentDreigon - Raging Tide Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Favorite instance? Never thought about it. But I'd say any as long as you are in a good squad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    > A demon is driven by desire, pure desire, that cannot be stopped by reason or logic. - Mo Zun
    > Believing in demons doesn't mean believing in evil. Demons are not necessarily an evil thing. - Chin Wuming
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Hard to say... theres pros and cons for me in many instances, but I marked some favs with green color and some least favs with red.

Flowsilver Palace has nice bosses with nice tactics, however could have more pulling activity in there

Full Warsong, but NOT mobless! I enjoy doing the pulls and bosses in there, defense is beyond boring though

Endless Universe has a nice idea, but people tend to **** it up making it less enjoyable

Delta used to be fun when people did it at auras in TT 90 gear, nowadays too easy and boring

AEU is actually quite fun, no complaints, I just havent done it much

Nirvana is much fun but now dead and sadly people were very picky with the squads so yeah

Weekly Abaddon is fun, however takes some time to do and some organization at the puzzle which I find nice, last boss confuses some people

Weekly SoT has some really cool parts and some pulling to do, however people have quite a bit of issues at Queen and Hellfire

FC is boring and dull, only time it's fun is at 8x with no RBs

TT has nice bosses and challenging mobs in 3-x, I like it, however people are picky with squads and it can get dull after a while

Lunar has the good points WannaBM already pointed out, it's just a perfect barb instance <3 however squads tend to be hard to form for this

UCH is boring. Plain and simple

BH 69 is my fav lower level BH
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Delta tops my list. I like having to fortify... stand my ground. Granted, with any R9 or high refine G16's it's a breeze but still, very fun to do. I love running it on my cler. Mana aura lvl 1 and bubble remains up nearly forever...

Flowsilver is next. Requires people to use their brains, and the instance mercilessly punishes people who are either unable to follow the instructions or go (semi)-afk. Good rewards, too.

AEU: Same deal. Hard to do it as a first timer, but once you do it a few times it can be a lot of fun. I like how the game gives you 6 tokens per week but then lets -you- decide when to run them. Pile em up for a vacation and then multirun the **** out of it...

Warsong: is fun but a bit intense. Most people run it for the G16 weapon molds but it is hard to def a pav solo without a G16 weapon to begin with. Not impossible though.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I dont have one favorite. I like them all as long as I am with a nice squad.
    giphy.gif

• Artn - Archosaur
    Artn - Archosaur Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    BH29, because of how short it is. f:gone
    My name isn't Artn anymore, someone change it pl0x.
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    TT is ma home, bro.

But tbh. Anything that involves massive groups of mobs bashing on me and giving me the chi to perform all of my 2 spark AOEs in combination with triple spark, is amazing. As seen in Lunar, Delta and PV (Although PV is lame...they even die from a regular sunder ._.).

We need more AOEing instances. We really do. I always wish I could just pull the whole Lunar...like a combined mode where any mob from the whole isntance is pushed into a single territory...that would be so friggin amazing. AOE BAM BAM BAM AOE BAM BAM BAM AOE, aso...

Well I love AOE grinding in any game tbh. Without it...anything would be boring xDD
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • anaovt1
    anaovt1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I can't believe how much of the reasoning in here is 'it's easy' or 'it's fast', or 'it's farmable'. The reason should be 'it's fun!'.

My favorite is easily EU, because of how different it is, the relay is fun.

AEU is pretty great too.

I also love love love Valley of Disaster as a caster. It's one of our main chances to tank well, which can be a fun change in play style.

To respond to others:

Lunar I just find boring. I end up sitting in BB the whole time.

I used to love FC before rebirth was introduced, but now it's just people rushing through and not enjoying it. PV has always been boring.

SoT has nice puzzles but is super frustrating. I just got better gear, maybe I'll try again and it'll be more fun.

Haven't done FWS yet because people want someone who knows how to solo without giving people a chance to try...

Delta is ok. Gets a bit boring and repetitive.

Does Cube count as an instance? I know it's not instanced, but it's fun. I have a love/hate relationship with that place.

TT... is fun, but nobody ever runs it in a squad, unless you manage to convince a fac or friends to do it. And I don't like running things solo, that's just no fun.
    Camlyra-Raging Tides. Since the avatar is broken.

Cleric 103/103/102
    Seeker 102/102/101
    Wizard 101/101/101
    Psychic 102/99
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    You dont have to BB. You can try other skills too.

Haven't done FWS yet because people want someone who knows how to solo without giving people a chance to try...
    Practice by yourself, you dont need to **** a whole squad to learn defending.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • anaovt1
    edited July 2014
    You dont have to BB. You can try other skills too.

Practice by yourself, you dont need to **** a whole squad to learn defending.

I have tried other things, and the squads just yell at me to BB. So, I end up in BB.

Yeah, I should try that.

Cleric 103/103/102
    Seeker 102/102/101
    Wizard 101/101/101
    Psychic 102/99
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    FWS pav defense is easy enough. Few rules of thumb:

Water: Swarm mobs, 3 per wave. Melee. Use AOE capable chars to counter this (BM or Seeker). Their sacrifice explosion is less damaging then in other pavs.
    Wood: High phys resist mobs. Melee, slow moving, weak against metal skills. A high melee DD or caster with fair phys resists (or good kiter) can do them. Sin, Seeker, Archer or Cleric works well.
    Earth: High damage mobs. Melee, fast moving, weak against wood damage, trigger the selfsacrifice special often. Barb, BM or Seeker works best here - do not use squishies. HA veno is also an option.
    Fire: Ranged fire DD mobs with weak physical and metal resist, but they will run away from you. Ranged DD is best, especially archer and cleric.
    Metal: Ranged damage mobs. High phys resist, low water, earth and fire resists. They use selfsacrifice a lot, and sometimes bramble themselves. Ranged DD works best, especially psy or wizard.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Kittysama - Raging Tide_1432680721
    edited July 2014
    Kitty likes Delta, FC and FS the most as they're good places for shining. They can be a pain though with bad squads, Kitty's noticed far too many times. Doing all the work isn't fun =.='
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Final ragequit on 21/02/2014 'cause ARC. Back on 15/04/2014, RL was bored.
    Ten Paths of Kittyness(old mains when deleted): Kittysama 100(100) Sage HA-Venomancer |Aivina 100(101) Sage (ex-Zerk) Str. Seeker | Kittytart 90(101) Demon All path Zerk BM | KittyFishie 92(101) Demon APS/DPH Zerk Assassin | Haroin 100(100) Demon Vit. Zerk Barbarian | Elfborn 82(100) Demon Cleric | Pessimiste 85(100) Sage Wizard | PalavaEnkeli 87(100) Demon Fist/APS-Archer | VerenVanki 85(100) Demon Mystic | MerenPeto 85(100) Sage Psychic
    Current mains: Old psy and 19 new/recreated mains(avg. level 82)
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    My favourite one is probably HH. Even though it's one of the oldest instances in game and I ran it so many times I can't count, it still doesn't annoy me. Important thing is it's always profitable (depending on how long it takes tho) and I don't need any kind of supplies in any chapter. What I really hate is the necessity of 4 people in squad to open.

Most dungeons I treat like inevitable evil b:chuckle
    AUE/EU wouldn't be that bad if not 8-10 ppl requirements. Once it took us 40 minutes to make a squad, wait till others come from afk, another half or squad dc etc. I hate this BH with passion and skip it :D

I liked full WS before I finished my armor, but there encountered with same problem - squad making. Nowadays nothing can drug me into full WS b:laugh Looking forward to get it as BH again though, as rumours say. As BH it was wonderful.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • anaovt1
    edited July 2014
    Most dungeons I treat like inevitable evil b:chuckle
    AUE/EU wouldn't be that bad if not 8-10 ppl requirements. Once it took us 40 minutes to make a squad, wait till others come from afk, another half or squad dc etc. I hate this BH with passion and skip it :D

I liked full WS before I finished my armor, but there encountered with same problem - squad making. Nowadays nothing can drug me into full WS b:laugh Looking forward to get it as BH again though, as rumours say. As BH it was wonderful.

Yeah, squad making is a ***** sometimes. I'm lucky that I have a guild that runs WS a bunch. Managed to solo fire perfectly yesterday finally, so I will add WS to a favorite dungeon. The pav defense takes a different strategy than other places, which is fun.

Cleric 103/103/102
    Seeker 102/102/101
    Wizard 101/101/101
    Psychic 102/99
  • mochabear#4763
    mochabear#4763 Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Hi!

I prefer Eden cause of the nice nature graphics while killing simple mobs and simple bosses. Nice also if lowbies need bh and tag along. All other instances I can do but I'm not fond of any other instance. It's just ok.
  • nevitys
    nevitys Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I havent even tried dungeons, i am nearly 30 level :) But awesome some of you guys share your favorite dungeons so i can try them in the future :o
    First i need to level up little bit and maybe trying them first with my mates ^^

- Nevitys
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Demodude - Dreamweaver
    Demodude - Dreamweaver Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I did AEU for the first time today. We had no one who had done it before in the squad and just tried to figure it out as we went along based on the red text. It took close to 2 hours to do but we all had a blast and felt super accomplished at the end of it. So AEU is definitely up there for me.
    Other than that I enjoy any instance as long as it's with friends because there's no pressure to be perfect and I can relax and have a good time
    ChayalBoded 102/102/101 Celestial Sage Rank 9 Assassin

English is my second language sorry that I mess up sometimes

Tempest b:dirty
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I like AEU b:dirty
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47