Fixing the Economy

Options
LostPoet - Dreamweaver
LostPoet - Dreamweaver Posts: 396 Arc User
edited July 2014 in Suggestion Box
Bring a new currency onboard; call it gem, or rocks, or whatever you want.

This currency would only drop from certain instances only (varying in amount based on level/difficulty of instance.) People could run these instances and farm for this currency, but it would be to difficult to just leave a bot in the instance.(Maybe have it only drop from bosses that are at the end of the instance.)
*Important thing is to make it drop in instances of all levels. So low players, or weaker players can farm it in BH19 and up, but just make it less enough such that it more profitable, for a player to run a higher instance if they can. Also, instances that absolutely require teamwork such as FSP, Warsong, UCH; make those instances drop more as you would almost always need a squad.

Slowly introduce ways to use that currency, making it a more promising alternative to coin (either cheaper or more efficient to farm and used to craft gears). Also make it available in the AH to sell / exchange for gold. And as more expansions come out, make that currency the standard for the new items / gears / whatever and the drop from bosses in the newer instances.

Hell you could even revive Nirvana, and make the currency drop from the chests. Thus bringing back a favorite instance for many players!!!

Slowly, coin will loose its value, or only be used in certain places, making botting really only an incentive to obtain experience, but not to make money.

*While posting on someone's QQ thread I thought of this new idea to fix the Economy, and since that thread got closed, I figured, I'd move my idea here. I did a quick search, and didn't see anything too similar to this.
YOUTUBE:
youtube.com/user/lostpoetgaming

twitch LIVE STREAM + MORE VIDEOS:
twitch.tv/thelostpoet/profile
Post edited by LostPoet - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• anaovt1
    anaovt1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    That's an interesting idea, but how about instead of introducing a new currency, have the bosses drop an existing one, such as tokens or myst chips, and make more items/services available for those instead of coin.
    Camlyra-Raging Tides. Since the avatar is broken.

Cleric 103/103/102
    Seeker 102/102/101
    Wizard 101/101/101
    Psychic 102/99
  • LostPoet - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2014
    Options
    anaovt1 wrote: »
    That's an interesting idea, but how about instead of introducing a new currency, have the bosses drop an existing one, such as tokens or myst chips, and make more items/services available for those instead of coin.

That could probably work too...
    The idea is shift the use of coins onto another currency that can be regulated better.

However, using an existing item such as tokens or chips, the values of those items might plummet in such a way that it MIGHT ruin the economy. When you introduce a new currency, you can start the use of it slowly, and increase it over time. And modify its value by increasing the expensiveness of the items made with it.

Ex. if you drop tokens. all token exchange items will drop and possibly tank the value of packs or something. Token merchanting is a huge money maker and those players will profit tons, where as most others will just be in deficit of having tokens prior.
    Also, if you use Tokens for making items or gear further on, then the usefulness of packs can change, especially when you get Coins now from new packs.
    ** I don't think i explained this well, but its better using new currency.
    b:surrender
    YOUTUBE:

• anaovt1
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I just said tokens as an example. Introducing a new currency would work, but it might be easier and more well received if it's a currently existing item.

Cleric 103/103/102
    Seeker 102/102/101
    Wizard 101/101/101
    Psychic 102/99
  • LostPoet - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I just said tokens as an example. Introducing a new currency would work, but it might be easier and more well received if it's a currently existing item.

Oh definitely. It would reduce a lot of overhead. Just the question is, which item... b:chuckle
    YOUTUBE:

• anaovt1
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Oh definitely. It would reduce a lot of overhead. Just the question is, which item... b:chuckle

Ooh, how about making things craft-able out of dq items? Although those drop from monsters and would be bottable (unless the stopped them dropping from world mobs, in which case a new currency might be easier to code). But it would allow for different levels of things. And replace the dq rewards system.

Cleric 103/103/102
    Seeker 102/102/101
    Wizard 101/101/101
    Psychic 102/99
  • LostPoet - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Ooh, how about making things craft-able out of dq items? Although those drop from monsters and would be bottable (unless the stopped them dropping from world mobs, in which case a new currency might be easier to code). But it would allow for different levels of things. And replace the dq rewards system.

Sorting out some details and all, but this could work!
    b:victory
    YOUTUBE:

• Ulquiorraa__ - Raging Tide
    Ulquiorraa__ - Raging Tide Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Well when u keep old currency u are not solving it all . U left a big problem behind ,the coins .
    U cant just let ppl bot coins to endless amount new coins entering the game daily by npcing dq items from botting . The 45bil + coins are entering the game monthly causing inflation . Wht ever ur way will keep for coins usage its gonna be ***** up.
    Up for any challenge .

RT PvP Ruler .
  • anaovt1
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Well when u keep old currency u are not solving it all . U left a big problem behind ,the coins .
    U cant just let ppl bot coins to endless amount new coins entering the game daily by npcing dq items from botting . The 45bil + coins are entering the game monthly causing inflation . Wht ever ur way will keep for coins usage its gonna be ***** up.

I think this plans means to phase out coins for anything useful. Or at least allow a choice between using coins and the new currency. Hopefully phasing out coins will be a disincentive for botting.

Cleric 103/103/102
    Seeker 102/102/101
    Wizard 101/101/101
    Psychic 102/99
  • LostPoet - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I think this plans means to phase out coins for anything useful. Or at least allow a choice between using coins and the new currency. Hopefully phasing out coins will be a disincentive for botting.

b:victory
    Exactly!

- At first this "new currency" would start as a cheaper alternative to coins. Something that people could farm and use much easier then leaving up 2+ bots a night. Then, as new items and instances and all come out, the new currency would be the only way to do make items, or buy certain items and so people would care less about botting then as the coins would give them no benefit into the newer system.
    YOUTUBE:

• Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear
    Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    This idea is actually an existing solution that a lot of private servers uses to deal with their massive coin-drop-multipliers. Introducing a new currency will definitely reset the current end-game economy by negating all the coins that have been accumulated in the pw economy. But that doesnt guarantee in any way that the new currency will be less 'broken' than the current currency after the initial reset. In order to make things right again, there has to be a balance between new-currency-creation and new-currency-sinks. It would require pw china to redesign the aspects of the game that requires currency (which is pretty much almost everything); or even relaunch the game. Private servers can afford to use a new currency because they can remove/simplify/standardise many aspects of the game, especially pve/farming rewards (which actually favours them a lot, because they want players to focus exclusively on pvp, not having to worry about gearing up, or making money, or brainless-repetitive-farming).

Introducing a new currency is a last-resort solution, because it would be a drastic change. It would be like dropping a couple of bombs on a city with a growing suburb problem, in order to rebuild a new city. The solution would only work if the new design is better than the old one or else, the same problem might occur again. There is a lot of simpler and more rational solutions that would stop and reverse the current slow-and-steady inflation: Remove/replace the coin drop from botting to seal source of the problem. Then, introduce a coin sink to remove the excess coins in order to trigger the deflation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,807 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Been catching up with the Suggestions and I like this idea. The Standing point is in the Post but feel its missing a few smaller points. This is something I feel needs to be looked at into more detail and really I think most people would agree with me that the problem needs to be looked at and sorted sooner rather than later.

Im going to log this Suggestion and ask that ideas keep coming this way for this Topic.

Thanks,