Does anyone else dislike the auto bot thing?

Options
13»

Comments

• foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    they just announced starting tomorrow 2x drops, xp and spirit for the weekend. Get yours bots ready.
    NGTUy53.png

• AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I absolutely hate botting. It has ruined the game.

If you can't be bothered to play the game, then don't play the game and gtfo of the way of the people that do.

Even if I loved botting, I would only do it for an hour or two a day while I'm doing thing online between actually playing the game. Just like I used to grind on mobs to kill time before all my friends showed up for the night, and before grabbing nuemas replaced that feature as botting made grinding a tedious prospect.

I wouldn't be on 24/7 with an army of bots blanketing every acre of the map like it is on HT. I assume that out of the 800 bots you see every day, they probably belong to only 40 or so people.

There is only one area in the game where you can find a group of mobs that don't have 2-3 bots attached to it, but probably not for long.

As such I'm extremely lucky that my expenses are next to zero. I don't buy charms, I don't need to use tokens for anything, and I got sufficiently refined before orbs tripled in price.

I actually have nothing to spend what little coin I get from bh on, since the minimum price point for anything useful is at 120m on my server and that is on the very low end.

I have 45m atm, and since they haven't made any new fash attainable in a meaningful way in forever I suppose I'll just keep saving it up and buy MoG and GST since I recently got over 300k rep from doing Morai.

R9 at least is still a huge coin sink.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I kind of hate what it does to the game but I do it anyway just to keep up.
  • Charm_GirI - Lost City
    Charm_GirI - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    A MMORPG GAME is design in the way so the players can interact with each other. So the players can help each other. Thats why you not playing it alone(RPG game) . You play it with other ppl from diferent zones. Thats why you have guilds in MMORPG. Thats why some things like FSP, UCH, WEEKLY ABBA, SOT, LUNAR, FWS, farming mats in TT wen you are low lvl and many others are hard to solo. So you can go with a team and helñp each other and make things more easily.
    MMORPG GAMES ENCOURAGES TEAM WORK.
    Im not forcing here anyone to play the game the way I want. Just giving you the definition of what a MMORPG is and the way it was designed to be played.

I play MMORPG's to pk ppl like you. b:pleased
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I play MMORPG's to pk ppl like you. b:pleased

LOL. I dont pk. But even pk is team work when you fight team vs team. You re an idiot. Not telling you to play this way if you dont want.Go slap your face if you dont understand what Im saying.
    giphy.gif

• Charm_GirI - Lost City
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Apparently you can't comprehend what I've been saying.

You people (the constant qq'ers on forums) are always saying something is ruining the game. Packs, frost, cash shoppers now botting.

And the reason why you don't pk is probably because you are always stuck doing your daily chores to keep up with everyone else. b:shutup

If botting is such an issue on PVE servers, instead of crying to demolish it completely, PWI can make it so the person needs to be in PK mode in order to bot. Problem sovled.

PVP servers don't have that issue because vigilantes run around pking all bots they see. So you can't bot uninterrupted 24/7.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options

If botting is such an issue on PVE servers, instead of crying to demolish it completely, PWI can make it so the person needs to be in PK mode in order to bot. Problem sovled.

Or....they can just ask the devs to disable that feature instead of having them bother to code that function into the system. Its an easier "adjustment" for them to implement, and it'll fix things all the same~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Charm_GirI - Lost City
    edited July 2014
    Options
    why should the pvp servers be punished because of a problem thats only on pve servers?
  • bloodedone87
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Apparently you can't comprehend what I've been saying.

You people (the constant qq'ers on forums) are always saying something is ruining the game. Packs, frost, cash shoppers now botting.

And the reason why you don't pk is probably because you are always stuck doing your daily chores to keep up with everyone else. b:shutup

PVP servers don't have that issue because vigilantes run around pking all bots they see. So you can't bot uninterrupted 24/7.

Didnt you said not to force you to play the game as I want? Then why are you forcing pk on my throath? I dont like pk. Dont like player vs player. Dont know how to pk and never bother to learn.Cause i dont like it. I like only the pve part of the game.
    I never said cash shopers ruing the game, never said FC ruined the game, never said packs ruing the game.
    I am not for auto culti be completely removed. I am agains ppl that are abusing it, using 10 chars same time. You cant ****ing do Morai dailies without runing into some botters. If anoying wen you try to kill a mob there and an archer 1 shot kill it.
    giphy.gif

• LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Just make ALL quest mobs on the main land and all mobs in Morai, or other presently farmable areas worth 1 xp, and remove all drops from them. Most don't farm them when doing quests and killing 20 mobs with no xp isn't going to harm anything except the botters.

Then the bots can all fight over the non quest mobs like rushhour in New York.
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Charm_GirI - Lost City
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Didnt you said not to force you to play the game as I want? Then why are you forcing pk on my throath? I dont like pk. Dont like player vs player. Dont know how to pk and never bother to learn.Cause i dont like it. I like only the pve part of the game.
    I never said cash shopers ruing the game, never said FC ruined the game, never said packs ruing the game.
    I am not for auto culti be completely removed. I am agains ppl that are abusing it, using 10 chars same time. You cant ****ing do Morai dailies without runing into some botters. If anoying wen you try to kill a mob there and an archer 1 shot kill it.

Yet you completely ignore my suggestion of making botters having to be in pk mode in order to use this function. This would allow others who pk on your server regulate the botters and their abuse on your server. They wouldn't be able to bot 24/7 on 10+ chars without interruptions, dolls (thanks to sins!), and time wasted.

(don't venos need to be in pk mode to do their own instance? I believe that was done to prevent abuse)

Scroll back a few months on these forums, you will see this same thread that XXX is ruining the game and economy. If its not bots, its something else.
  • bloodedone87
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Yet you completely ignore my suggestion of making botters having to be in pk mode in order to use this function. This would allow others who pk on your server regulate the botters and their abuse on your server. They wouldn't be able to bot 24/7 on 10+ chars without interruptions, dolls (thanks to sins!), and time wasted.

(don't venos need to be in pk mode to do their own instance? I believe that was done to prevent abuse)

Scroll back a few months on these forums, you will see this same thread that XXX is ruining the game and economy. If its not bots, its something else.

Completely ignore your suggestion? Do you think Im the owner of PW? I dont take decisions here.You act like I cant make change so botters go in pk mode everytime they try to use auto culti function.
    Im against that In my opinion PW must to this:
    1 find a way to block ppl using more than 2 chars same time.
    2 give a time limit of 4 hours to auto culti.
    3 unable to be used in morai and primal
    4 lvl limit 80-100 unreborn.
    5 can be used only by 1 char per acount per day.

Not the botting system ruining economy. PPl that abuse it are those that ruining economy.
    And ofc there are many things that ruin the economy.
    giphy.gif

• FragiIe - Dreamweaver
    FragiIe - Dreamweaver Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Aside from people botting on mobs required for base quests / culti / morai quests i could care less about the system. Just annoys me a little when quest area are full of bots in near to end game gear

+++10 this botting system needs to go!b:angry
    Completely ignore your suggestion? Do you think Im the owner of PW? I dont take decisions here.You act like I cant make change so botters go in pk mode everytime they try to use auto culti function.
    Im against that In my opinion PW must to this:
    1 find a way to block ppl using more than 2 chars same time.
    2 give a time limit of 4 hours to auto culti.
    3 unable to be used in morai and primal
    4 lvl limit 80-100 unreborn.
    5 can be used only by 1 char per acount per day.

Not the botting system ruining economy. PPl that abuse it are those that ruining economy.
    And ofc there are many things that ruin the economy.

Would ignore her...7 posts total..My guess she is on here defending auto culti because she is one of the ones abusing it!
  • piranhakeet
    piranhakeet Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    PWI officially needs a Rocker Launcher so I can NUKE botters that kill steal me and hover over my drops like an assclown. I don't have suggestions for this game, I offer no better options or what-ifs. All I know is botters all over the base quest mobs suck eggs and bark at the moon. First thing I do is check for white name so I can frigging kill them for being such a rude jerk. Of course, they are never ever white name. For obvious reasons. Grrrr I WANT A NUKE BOTTERS ROCKET LAUNCHER!!!!!!b:angry
  • _Grandpa - Raging Tide
    _Grandpa - Raging Tide Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    PWI officially needs a Rocker Launcher so I can NUKE botters that kill steal me and hover over my drops like an assclown. I don't have suggestions for this game, I offer no better options or what-ifs. All I know is botters all over the base quest mobs suck eggs and bark at the moon. First thing I do is check for white name so I can frigging kill them for being such a rude jerk. Of course, they are never ever white name. For obvious reasons. Grrrr I WANT A NUKE BOTTERS ROCKET LAUNCHER!!!!!!b:angry

1st: try to see how far a botter can run. If it's far enough try to lure the botter away to a place where he/she can't bother you.

2st: try to kill a bunch of mobs, fly above the botter and hope all mobs respawn at the same time. Mobs can kill.

3rd: every time you see a botter 'ready for attack', try to attack the mob first. Let the botter run, getting (almost) no experience.

4rd: if there are multiple bots around, try to lure them all to the same place. Bots should follow other bots now.

5th: go do another quest

Yeah, wanted to write something like "say in wc that the botter is just a lamebrain" but that isn't allowed according to TOS except if the botter is using "lamebrain" as a toonname, lol.

have fun all b:victory
  • miscarcando
    miscarcando Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    the prob is just this game is bored as hell at endgame. what should all the players do besides of bored same daylies?b:chuckle
  • overcomem
    overcomem Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    No No and No. I Do love this auto culti thing it makes me 27-30M per day. It gives me a lot of free time to do others thing in real life. Not farming like hell in game and No life.

Even you QQ about bot like the world going end there're nothing to be changed. WHY? Because PWI really don't care about it.
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    overcomem wrote: »
    No No and No. I Do love this auto culti thing it makes me 27-30M per day. It gives me a lot of free time to do others thing in real life. Not farming like hell in game and No life.

Even you QQ about bot like the world going end there're nothing to be changed. WHY? Because PWI really don't care about it.

May be because of above new players don't like pwi.
  • overcomem
    edited July 2014
    Options
    b:chuckle No new player coming in this game? Yes quite sure. But not only because of bot, it is a suck game itself, imbalance class/skill, glitch, bugs, new player power LV and don't learn how to play, coins sink on luck and gamble things, poor community and technical management etc.

Oh yea it sucks but I am still playing because there 're some fun event, NW, Tournament, or PK with friends. But as I see many people in this game just think this game is their real life and if they think PWI is a good game or best game like before now they're wrong. I play this game is just a game for entertainment.

And hey people if you want to see a good game you can go search on google or look in youtube that will open your eyes. Basically I play offline game for my main entertainment, xBox, PS3/4, PC.

Even if PWI removed BOT there're still greedy cash shopper to jack the price up.
  • bloodedone87
    edited July 2014
    Options
    b:chuckle No new player coming in this game? Yes quite sure. But not only because of bot, it is a suck game itself, imbalance class/skill, glitch, bugs, new player power LV and don't learn how to play, coins sink on luck and gamble things, poor community and technical management etc.

Oh yea it sucks but I am still playing because there 're some fun event, NW, Tournament, or PK with friends. But as I see many people in this game just think this game is their real life and if they think PWI is a good game or best game like before now they're wrong. I play this game is just a game for entertainment.

And hey people if you want to see a good game you can go search on google or look in youtube that will open your eyes. Basically I play offline game for my main entertainment, xBox, PS3/4, PC.

Even if PWI removed BOT there're still greedy cash shopper to jack the price up.

You telling us that there are better games like we re stupid and we dont know that?b:shutup
    And about those glitches and bugs never had any problems of that kind.
    giphy.gif

• Ulquiorraa__ - Raging Tide
    Ulquiorraa__ - Raging Tide Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    the prob is just this game is bored as hell at endgame. what should all the players do besides of bored same daylies?b:chuckle

The game is boring for end game ppl true story . But i wonder then, did they gear up with S cards and JoSD to be able to over kill mobs in pve ....and tank more wht was already easy to tank years ago .or its enough for them to do nw and few TW a month then qq about game boring . I can agree there isnt many ways to have fun with pvp daily ... But u can pk ... Practice ur class more . Dont worry and qq about the cost u geared up to have fun .
    Up for any challenge .

RT PvP Ruler .
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Botting would be fine, IF the following changes would happen:

1. A good coin sink in-game
    2. Either instance for autocultivating OR realms like in Forsaken World
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options

100% agree.

And since we have "story mode" in Primal, we know that other realms are certainly doable. I still think they should just make a story mode for the world map (and maybe morai, to add more area) and make bots only work there. Though an instance would work too, provided there were level options and it was a new instance for everyone (as opposed to one like Sadistic Glee), and mobs had a decent respawn rate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • overcomem
    edited July 2014
    Options
    You telling us that there are better games like we re stupid and we dont know that?b:shutup
    And about those glitches and bugs never had any problems of that kind.

b:laugh It seems you care this game much. Oh by the way going to QQ forever and nothing to be changed bye bye. enough time to check pwi forum. They're boring as hell.b:bye
  • bulldawg617
    bulldawg617 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options

b:victory
  • Coraline - Lost City
    Coraline - Lost City Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I just wanted to jump in and say that I meant it was a badly designed program. It doesn't attack mobs that are clearly in my range, if I'm trying to kill mobs that are in the air, it has me attacking ground mobs for some reason...etc
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eatswithspoons "*roll eyes* real money for virtual property? That's definitely not allowed"

Lol what?
  • bloodedone87
    edited July 2014
    Options
    b:laugh It seems you care this game much. Oh by the way going to QQ forever and nothing to be changed bye bye. enough time to check pwi forum. They're boring as hell.b:bye

It seems that for some ppl discusing things we dont like in the game means QQ. We here just to tell our opinions. Cause we all know in the end PW gonna do what they want.
    giphy.gif

• dejiavu
    dejiavu Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    The Auto Bot system is wonderful. However those that do it where the daily quests or the base quests are should not be allowed to do so.
  • eeepsilon
    eeepsilon Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I think there is something more troublesome than the auto cultivation system, at least on the open map: The more advanced illegal third party bots. Many people may say that there are few but recently I've been seeing more and more of those.

This illegal bots are more advanced than the autoculti program and are capable of act as a squad: they gank the mobs, something like 2 sins and one blade always attacking the same target and never split, they are so coordinated that they move as one. This of course may sound inefficient (3 toons to farm mobs on one area) but think about this:

lvl 80+ farming area, on one side we have a legal bot could be 80+ or even 90+
    On the other side we have this squad of illegal bots from level 70+ to 82 or 83

The legal bot that is alone will kill slowly if its level is arround 80, it will get more chance of drop (if Im not wrong) but a high chance to get killed. If the bot is 90+ on a level 80 area will have more chance to survive and kill faster but will get less exp and drops.

Now the advance Illegal ones: they are 3 and have lower level than the mobs, this means more drops and exp and less def so more chance to get killed maybe?.... But here is the thing, they are 3 and the owners of those bots tend to put HA Dreamchaser on them even if they are sins ( yeah, I know heavy Armor on a sin lol) and even if their level and weapons are lower than a 80 or 90 toon remember there are 3 of them attacking the same target so....