Blessings

Options
Bellicious - Dreamweaver
Bellicious - Dreamweaver Posts: 123 Arc User
edited July 2014 in General Discussion
I was logging in for my daily BH and saw my blessing had expired and got to thinking.

Why aren't blessings permanent? It's just an inconvenience and PWI wouldn't be losing out on facebook likes now that it's not a requirement.
Post edited by Bellicious - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Just because this is supposed to be a gift for non too lazy people.
    This doesn't shock me to change once a week. And you don't need them for PVE stuff, only for PVP.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Honestly, I don't think I'd ever want to have them as permanent blessings... I'd rather just go and get them as I would end up needing them tbh...
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I was logging in for my daily BH and saw my blessing had expired and got to thinking.

Why aren't blessings permanent? It's just an inconvenience and PWI wouldn't be losing out on facebook likes now that it's not a requirement.

...good point...I wonder why they aren't?
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    This doesn't shock me to change once a week. And you don't need them for PVE stuff, only for PVP.

Don't "need" them for PVP in that sense either. It's only because they exist are they "needed" for pvp.

Either get rid of them or make them permenant. Probably the former as nothing good ever seems to last in this game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
  • anaovt1
    anaovt1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options

Yeah, I would not like having them permanent. Sometimes I forget to get a new blessing because I'm lazy and forgetful, so I think this argument makes sense.

And they're useful for pve. at least, I use O'Malleys, and the def lvls make a difference for my squishy cleric butt.
    Camlyra-Raging Tides. Since the avatar is broken.

Cleric 103/103/102
    Seeker 102/102/101
    Wizard 101/101/101
    Psychic 102/99
  • Kittysama - Raging Tide_1432680721
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Excluding endgamers, blessings can actually do quite a difference at times in PVE, especially as not-full-G16. Sometimes Kitty's noticed she's lacking blessing while pulling and died to lacking that last couple tons of damage to finishing those mobs which would die with ease while using Jones'.

Also, if some BPable class hardly lives off the BP heals when using Jones', going without blessing would result in a slow, certain death.

It's true that blessings aren't a necessity, but they make some things a lot faster and easier.

Btw, Kitty almost never uses O'Malley's, only when pulling as psy to maximize def. level. Kitty prefers high numbers done to enemies instead of seeing low numbers hit to self.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Final ragequit on 21/02/2014 'cause ARC. Back on 15/04/2014, RL was bored.
    Ten Paths of Kittyness(old mains when deleted): Kittysama 100(100) Sage HA-Venomancer |Aivina 100(101) Sage (ex-Zerk) Str. Seeker | Kittytart 90(101) Demon All path Zerk BM | KittyFishie 92(101) Demon APS/DPH Zerk Assassin | Haroin 100(100) Demon Vit. Zerk Barbarian | Elfborn 82(100) Demon Cleric | Pessimiste 85(100) Sage Wizard | PalavaEnkeli 87(100) Demon Fist/APS-Archer | VerenVanki 85(100) Demon Mystic | MerenPeto 85(100) Sage Psychic
    Current mains: Old psy and 19 new/recreated mains(avg. level 82)
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Don't "need" them for PVP in that sense either. It's only because they exist are they "needed" for pvp.

Of course. Stil I find interesting to choose between an offensive one and a more defensive one (with most endgame players having both and switching depending on the situation)
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I think they should be permanent only because of the amount of times things break and people can't get them. Even after moving them to Arc there have been multiple issues with people not having characters or servers available to select. They should just put a new code out that gives a permanent one of each type.

I'm at least happier now that I don't need a ton of facebook accounts to get blessings for all of my characters though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Really? And why do you need them for PvP beyond the point that they exist to begin with? You don't. Remove them entirely and the gameplay doesnt change at all.
    Endgamer arrogance aside, the blessings can, however, make a huge difference in PvE for people in non-endgame gear and lower levels.
  • Bellicious - Dreamweaver
    Bellicious - Dreamweaver Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options

m8 do u even brain?

They were put out with the intention of getting facebook likes and having people post about the game essentially getting free advertising.