Does anyone else dislike the auto bot thing?

Comments

• SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Sweetiebot please remove 3 points from bloodedone87 for being a hater. ;(
    OPKossy removes 3 points from bloodedone87!
    bloodedone87 is now in 3rd place for July 2014 with -3 points (-3 points overall).

Check this thread for the current high scores and to learn how to award points to others.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I dont care about points. just dont like the fact she only respond if you start a line with her name. To me only a person full of herself does that.
    giphy.gif

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    It's a bot, sir.

It only responds if you start a post with its name because that's how it was programmed to avoid having it accidentally pop up where it's not wanted. Kinda hard for a bot to be full of itself. b:chuckle
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • oldtimer
    oldtimer Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Fact is auto boting is not destroying the game greed is and has been for past 3 years which is before auto boting came into game. players really need to look at the facts first example you dont run an FC you buy one. point is no one is playing game the way it should be and hasn't for 3 years if not more
  • _Grandpa - Raging Tide
    _Grandpa - Raging Tide Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    oldtimer2 wrote: »
    Fact is auto boting is not destroying the game greed is and has been for past 3 years which is before auto boting came into game. players really need to look at the facts first example you dont run an FC you buy one. point is no one is playing game the way it should be and hasn't for 3 years if not more

Sure about this? I still play the normal quests, never bought FC and still like PWI. So there is at least 1 that is playing the game the way it should be :)
  • creysero
    creysero Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    i Dislike it, i Hate it, i, i, i, i just dislike it! Becausec its the main excuse for PWE to not make 2x Drop event. So yeah i bet the diehard farmers that coud make 200 Mil + a day with 2x Drops all hate it.

The coin you make in a year with this auto boting you could make in a week with 2x

Sooooo in onther words i hate it!
  • aquale
    aquale Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I don't mind botting as long as they stay out of my way, and then I do mind, even hate, when they come into my way stealing quest mobs. I hate even more if they try to pick up my drops.
    But I do like when bots don't pick up everything and I can snatch leftovers.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    creysero wrote: »
    Becausec its the main excuse for PWE to not make 2x Drop event.

Actually PWE doesn't even try to give us a reason b:chuckle
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • paralleogram
    paralleogram Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    i Dislike it, i Hate it, i, i, i, i just dislike it! Becausec its the main excuse for PWE to not make 2x Drop event. So yeah i bet the diehard farmers that coud make 200 Mil + a day with 2x Drops all hate it.

The coin you make in a year with this auto boting you could make in a week with 2x

2x drops hurts the economy more then botting does....

But consider no 2x drops as a favor to you from PWI. "Hardcore 2x farmers" can now go outside and get some vitamin D instead of "hardcore" farming their life away during 2x.
    Here we go again....
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    Strife_son - Sanctuary Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Nothing stopping 'diehard' farmers from running those ****ty instances now. People who farm with multiple bots can easily make a 100m+ a week with minimal time spent playing the game, that is without 2x. So let's see, spend all your free time trying to make some money, or invest almost no time to make some money. What sounds better?
  • anaovt1
    anaovt1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    To the OP,
    There is probably very little to be gained asking that question now as most people who objected to botting probably do not play now nor read the Forums any more.

If you would actually read the forums, you'd see how many people complain about the auto culti.
    Although I agree there's little to be gained from asking the question because you could go read the other 50 threads on it.

Can you ****** stop with asking that Sweetiebot to give points to someone? I cant ****ing stand her.

Sorry, I like her, and you can just ignore it. She's a part of the forums that some people are gonna use, get over it.
    Camlyra-Raging Tides. Since the avatar is broken.

Cleric 103/103/102
    Seeker 102/102/101
    Wizard 101/101/101
    Psychic 102/99
  • bloodedone87
    edited July 2014
    OPKossy wrote: »
    It's a bot, sir.

It only responds if you start a post with its name because that's how it was programmed to avoid having it accidentally pop up where it's not wanted. Kinda hard for a bot to be full of itself. b:chuckle

b:surrender I thought is a real person.Sorry.
    giphy.gif

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    b:surrender I thought is a real person.Sorry.

No worries. The FAQ link in its sig has more information about it if you ever want to use it as well.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Neferhotep - Lost City
    Neferhotep - Lost City Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Well, i have hardly any problems with bots unless im in Morai (Its always nice when a bot kills that dino pet spawning random O-O). I am not using it myself much because im just too nervous knowing my char could end up dying or stealing mobs or running out of mp or get stuck etc ... Sometimes i put it on mainly on my Veno and go check some websites while i let it run, but i usually check it every 5 minutes or so. I also bot on my quest mobs only and not for drops, which is why i never stay long at one place.

Also, id never use it in pv or any other drop or exp instance cause you can always be glitching around and not only die but also missing drops (for example, your inventory just got filled by **** you forgot about and your bot cant pick up good gold drops anymore). If you cant one shot every mob, it would be risky if you get stucked etc.
    You just have to decide on what to use it for.

Besides of Morai and Primal World i dont hate bots, and i dont think one bot per person is hurting the economy much. However, as people stated before the main problem is the greed. PWI has become a big party for abusers, as it is even seen here in the forum ( Fashion Contest).

Its not 10 people botting on 1 char per person, its one person botting on 10 alts. There are people with over 40 Jolly accounts at least on Morai abusing the system to its max, there are people abusing every code they can get and try to scam every person they meet. And those people arent the silent, new g15 guys you never heard of. Many of them are spamming wcs, acting like big shots and having a good position in popular factions who could easily farm the money legal instead of acting against the ToS and ruin the game for others, but no.

It would be better (even if there are still many Arc enemies) imo if you are forced to use Arc for pwi and if PWI shuts down as soon as you start more than 2 elementclients of the same game. Also, Wanmei should take a deeper look into other bot programs to prevent ks. And, last of all, use an currently unused dungeon and make it a bot dungeon like pv where everyone has its own, with respawning mobs depending on your lvl where you can bot like 8 hours max.

Well, i wouldnt be surprised if we have to use an boutique item for botting in the future and it is that expensive that only multi-char botters would get the money back with botting.
    I like potatoes <(O~O)>
  • bloodedone87
    edited July 2014
    2x is good only for one thing: a better chance to get some gold mats in TT.
    Auto botting system was good wen it camed out but now ppl are abusing it.
    Dont think is the major problem for the economy or for the gold prices but they need to change the way it works.
    1 Find a way to stop ppl using more than 2 acounts same time
    2 Can only be used by 1 char per acount( kinda what they did with bounty orders from jolly)
    3 Must be lvl 100+ to use it
    4 Have a time limit . Not 1 hour like soemoene suggested on another thread. 4 hours i think is enough.
    5 Cannot be used in Primal or Morai.
    giphy.gif

• ChaseyLain - Lost City
    ChaseyLain - Lost City Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    on a PVE server it is almost impossible to complete a quest. everyone is botting and you cant get your mobs. i pretty much gave up trying to do gbq. at least on pvp servers you can kill the bots and do your quests
  • LadyDagger - Morai
    LadyDagger - Morai Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    <snap>
    3 Must be lvl 100+ to use it
    <snap>

Ii would suggest 100- to use it
  • bloodedone87
    edited July 2014
    Ii would suggest 100- to use it

lets say then between lvl 80-100 only so you can go a bit in lotranis and momaganonb:chuckle
    giphy.gif

• LadyDagger - Morai
    LadyDagger - Morai Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    lets say then between lvl 80-100 only so you can go a bit in lotranis and momaganonb:chuckle

something like this and no reborn
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    anaovt1 wrote: »
    If you would actually read the forums, you'd see how many people complain about the auto culti.
    Although I agree there's little to be gained from asking the question because you could go read the other 50 threads on it.

Sorry, once again,
    I am guilty of mis-wording my prior post. (Maybe a side effect of the new meds I am on)

I have read the threads you refer too, and all the ones prior to its full adoption (even attempting to contribute in some by posting) And saw other players from the game suggesting things like this may happen then,
    In that statement, I was trying to suggest that the remaining number of players left now with a problem from Botting, would be lower now than before Botting was made legal in game, and should have said there may not be enough backlash from the remaining player base, to reverse the change compared to the number of players left in the game who like this "feature" now as well.

You are right, I should have suggested looking at all the threads created since this "Feature" was announced, it would be more objective. b:thanks
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
  • LostPoet - Dreamweaver
    LostPoet - Dreamweaver Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I use Auto-Cultivating in some ways in certain instances, but I won't disclose my secret! b:laugh

---- http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1701531 ----

However, check out my suggestion on fixing the economy.
    Respond with additional ideas / feedback / or if you like it!!
    b:bye
    YOUTUBE:
    youtube.com/user/lostpoetgaming

twitch LIVE STREAM + MORE VIDEOS:
    twitch.tv/thelostpoet/profile
  • overcomem
    overcomem Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Auto bot gives me a life so I don't waste a time for f-king game much. But why I still playing f-king game? Yes there're some PVP event like NW gives some fun for me. That's only thing I still log in a game.

And who care about inflated economy in game or just game dying? Hell No! I really don't care. This game is not my life.

And I don't understand why many stupid people still charge their real money in to this game. Or many stupid farming people waste their time farmimg like 24/7. Didn't they see how f-king management in a game? Lagging,DC,Bug,Glitch,Imbalance class,Luck,etc.

That's why I said Auto Bot gives you a life.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    would be nice if they could limit it to a few hours, its kinda killing the economy, most days there are no gold in the AH anymore and coin is at max 3,999,900 :s
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • bloodedone87
    edited July 2014
    overcomem wrote: »
    Auto bot gives me a life so I don't waste a time for f-king game much. But why I still playing f-king game? Yes there're some PVP event like NW gives some fun for me. That's only thing I still log in a game.

And who care about inflated economy in game or just game dying? Hell No! I really don't care. This game is not my life.

And I don't understand why many stupid people still charge their real money in to this game. Or many stupid farming people waste their time farmimg like 24/7. Didn't they see how f-king management in a game? Lagging,DC,Bug,Glitch,Imbalance class,Luck,etc.

That's why I said Auto Bot gives you a life.

Thats the most stupid coment seen in my life.
    giphy.gif

• Liveena - Heavens Tear
    Liveena - Heavens Tear Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    would be nice if they could limit it to a few hours, its kinda killing the economy, most days there are no gold in the AH anymore and coin is at max 3,999,900 :s

No gold in ah means less cs buying Zhen (probably most cser raged quit over the recent mass dced which some are outside PWE control).

Gold price are controlled by two simple thing, number of gold bought by cser and their greed for setting price. And as long as someone kept buying gold at high price (due to huge amount of coin influx into game), that price will remain. b:surrender

Simplest thing to do, GM add bulk of gold into AH at reduced price, I think b:surrender

This server need Hulkageddon event just like *** online to control the economy using iron fist b:cry
    Heaven Tear

Liveena 102/102/102 Demon Cleric
    Milfeena 103/102 Demon BM
    Silpheena 104/103/102 Sage R9S3 Seeker
    Cieleena 101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer
  • Charm_GirI - Lost City
    Charm_GirI - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I love botting and don't want PWI to mess with it.

Just because a small population of PWI who comes on forums and pisses and moans about it does not mean they should change it.

most pwi who play pwi don't come to forums, let alone post.

Many people bot, and think its just fine.

Dont like the economy? Well it has been screwed way long before botting and PWI does nothing about it because it generates money for them.

The pwi forum posters are never happy with anything: frost babies, pack sales, gold prices, botting, glitches, removal of free charms, blessings, the list goes on and on and on.
  • overcomem
    overcomem Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Auto Bot makes me coins 27-30M everyday just by AFK b:bye

Thanks you so much PWI.

It's sad to see some people still farming TT or doing BH for lucky coin card 2M 5M b:chuckle Or farming badge in warsong to sell crafting service for 12M b:spit
  • bloodedone87
    edited July 2014
    overcomem wrote: »
    Auto Bot makes me coins 27-30M everyday just by AFK b:bye

Thanks you so much PWI.

It's sad to see some people still farming TT or doing BH for lucky coin card 2M 5M b:chuckle Or farming badge in warsong to sell crafting service for 12M b:spit

And cause of that you dont care to pay 4mil for a gold.
    Clearly you dont care about ppl trying to do their quest in Morai.
    You dont care about about game.
    this is a MMORPG, MULTI MASSIVE ONLINE ROLE PLAYING GAME. PLAYING GAME. with other players, to help eachother. TT , BH, FWS, LUNAR, FSP, UCH, WEEKLY SOT AND ABBA means playing the game. Doing morai, primal and base dailies means playing the game. Setting your char on auto both and go afk for all day long is not playing the game.
    Im not for completely removed the auto botting system, but it has to be changed so ppl stop abusing it.It ruins the economy.Thats why we have almost 0 new players. Cause of the economy.
    Those few new players cant keep up with the insane prices( 4mil gold, 15mil Hp charm) and quit after 4-5 month warning others to stay away from game.
    giphy.gif

• Charm_GirI - Lost City
    Charm_GirI - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    And cause of that you dont care to pay 4mil for a gold.
    Clearly you dont care about ppl trying to do their quest in Morai.
    You dont care about about game.
    this is a MMORPG, MULTI MASSIVE ONLINE ROLE PLAYING GAME. PLAYING GAME. with other players, to help eachother. TT , BH, FWS, LUNAR, FSP, UCH, WEEKLY SOT AND ABBA means playing the game. Doing morai, primal and base dailies means playing the game. Setting your char on auto both and go afk for all day long is not playing the game.
    Im not for completely removed the auto botting system, but it has to be changed so ppl stop abusing it.It ruins the economy.Thats why we have almost 0 new players. Cause of the economy.
    Those few new players cant keep up with the insane prices( 4mil gold, 15mil Hp charm) and quit after 4-5 month warning others to stay away from game.

There are 0 new players because this is an antiquated UNBALANCED game. PWI doesn't advertise it and new players are at a severe disadvantage if they ever join. The Majority of the population is almost at end game. Meaning they are 100+ have decent gear and new players just cant compete. PWI is not losing people because of bots, they are losing people because they don't fix glitches and specific classes are untouchable even you have the class equivalent of their gear. Also, as previously stated, the customer service is hit and miss. Cash shoppers get preferential treatment with their tickets. People can abuse glitch after glitch and PWI does nothing about it but slap them on the wrist.
    There is little to no interaction with "noobs" and if people aren't in primal, morai or some lvl 100+ instance they are sitting in SZ in their guild who recruits high level people.
    There are dozens of new games, that are fairly balanced, free, have nice graphics and are supported by the company that owns them with nice updates that interacts and receives feedback from its customers. Can't say the same about PWI. But you want to blame this all on bots?

A few months ago this argument was that the non-existent level restriction on frost was killing the game and THAT was the reason why there are no new players and why the economy is jacked. Same argument. Change the word frost for botting. Voila. Before that the excuse was R999 and how expensive it was for "regular players".

You play the game the way you want, and I will play the way I want. I have yet to step foot in "WEEKLY" anything and don't plan to. Dont force the way you play the game down my throat because that's how you feel the game should be played. If I only want to pvp all day every day during my "on-time" that's my prerogative and botting lets me do this. If you want to sit in instance after instance, spend hours upon hours daily doing daily quests just to barely keep up. That's on you.
  • bloodedone87
    edited July 2014
    There are 0 new players because this is an antiquated UNBALANCED game. PWI doesn't advertise it and new players are at a severe disadvantage if they ever join. The Majority of the population is almost at end game. Meaning they are 100+ have decent gear and new players just cant compete. PWI is not losing people because of bots, they are losing people because they don't fix glitches and specific classes are untouchable even you have the class equivalent of their gear. Also, as previously stated, the customer service is hit and miss. Cash shoppers get preferential treatment with their tickets. People can abuse glitch after glitch and PWI does nothing about it but slap them on the wrist.
    There is little to no interaction with "noobs" and if people aren't in primal, morai or some lvl 100+ instance they are sitting in SZ in their guild who recruits high level people.
    There are dozens of new games, that are fairly balanced, free, have nice graphics and are supported by the company that owns them with nice updates that interacts and receives feedback from its customers. Can't say the same about PWI. But you want to blame this all on bots?

A few months ago this argument was that the non-existent level restriction on frost was killing the game and THAT was the reason why there are no new players and why the economy is jacked. Same argument. Change the word frost for botting. Voila. Before that the excuse was R999 and how expensive it was for "regular players".

You play the game the way you want, and I will play the way I want. I have yet to step foot in "WEEKLY" anything and don't plan to. Dont force the way you play the game down my throat because that's how you feel the game should be played. If I only want to pvp all day every day during my "on-time" that's my prerogative and botting lets me do this. If you want to sit in instance after instance, spend hours upon hours daily doing daily quests just to barely keep up. That's on you.

Im not forcing you to play the game the way I want, but you cant say botting all day long while you afk, means playing a game. b:chuckle playing the game is when you are in front of the pc controling the character you have using mouse and keyboards.

A MMORPG GAME is design in the way so the players can interact with each other. So the players can help each other. Thats why you not playing it alone(RPG game) . You play it with other ppl from diferent zones. Thats why you have guilds in MMORPG. Thats why some things like FSP, UCH, WEEKLY ABBA, SOT, LUNAR, FWS, farming mats in TT wen you are low lvl and many others are hard to solo. So you can go with a team and helñp each other and make things more easily.
    MMORPG GAMES ENCOURAGES TEAM WORK.
    Im not forcing here anyone to play the game the way I want. Just giving you the definition of what a MMORPG is and the way it was designed to be played.

Hey I just wanted to discuss for a moment everything that happened yesterday. I put myself in your shoes and realized why you guys reacted so harshly.

I'm going to cut to the chase. You guys "JackieK, Cherrie, Doom_Panda, Kevv" All play different games other than PWI.

When I kicked Jackie among the many others there was no malicious intent behind it. Simply he told me he would do fbq and he didn't do anything since june 22nd 2014. Doom made progress so I didn't bother him, and Cherry spoke to me specifically the very day before for 2 hours how she only wanted to do TW and this game means nothing to her anymore.

If your "group" as you call them all feel the same way. Why would you not communicate that to me? Its a simple switch of a title to "TW" and you guys would only be expected to tw when you can.

Now I do admit it may have been my fault for riling you up due to banning you from vent for a few moments. But I was in the midst of running our weekly faction meeting and I was trying to address some issues in our faction as well as get people on the same page for whats expected "meanwhile you were trolling randomly" I don't mind the trolling at all but < There is a time and a place sort of thing that applies here.

Now if you agree with me I would more than be happy to welcome you all back and mark you all as TW warriors. But At least give me the respect to notice I am trying to run a faction and what was done had no malicious intent.

With that - I apologize how things went down and for my actions which offended you, cheri, doom, kevvy, and anyone else which is not specifically involved with your group.

Thanks for your time bud.
    giphy.gif