GM Coin Collection Event

Options

Comments

• ResiaTri - Heavens Tear
    ResiaTri - Heavens Tear Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Gods above...THIS is what PWI has come to?

Really? Can't any of you see it? Its finally reached the bottom of the barrel.

The GMs are asking for ten million big notes.

Which is only for the rich in the game.

Guess what? This is the last nail in the coffin for this game. Even so much as seeing this 'event' is a clear indicator to me that...the GMs and Devs just don't give a **** about their playerbase anymore. If you actually SEND then ten million big notes...then you're not very bright. Because hey, you have what? A slim chance of winning it? Its a raffle. And guess what? after the event, you don't get your coin back either!

Common Sense for this game has flown out the window officially. So, why should you waste your coin on this, instead use it on something more meaningful.

Oh wait! With how the Devs update this game, they don't give a **** about the player base.

They cut the drops down significantly, they nerf virtually everything. 'Accidentally' as they claim. But is it really an accident? In China I hear they have a really bad problem with bots. You know though, instead of actually nerfing things. Why don't they just come up with a creative solution to it? Why don't they, huh? It can't be THAT difficult for someone to code a countermeasure to bots.

It can't be THAT difficult to fix all the glitches and bugs in this game either. I mean, they code all this shiny new stuff, the beautiful new areas and the new races. It can't be THAT difficult to fix all the problems they have with the game and bring players back.

Oh wait, its too late for that. That ship set sail a few years ago. *facepalm*. Anyone who actually participates in this raffle is simply wasting their time and coin. But I know I can't stop anyone, so why am I even arguing this point anymore?
  • Pistdoff - Archosaur
    Pistdoff - Archosaur Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Such a dumbass event.. spend hundreds of mils to have a slim chance of winning 30m items xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    takes 3.3m
    takes 6.1m
    takes 7.1m
    takes 6.0m

OVERKILL b:victoryb:dirtyb:victory
  • s1s9
    s1s9 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options

Guess what? This is the last nail in the coffin for this game. Even so much as seeing this 'event' is a clear indicator to me that...the GMs and Devs just don't give a **** about their playerbase anymore. If you actually SEND then ten million big notes...then you're not very bright. Because hey, you have what? A slim chance of winning it? Its a raffle. And guess what? after the event, you don't get your coin back either!

Common Sense for this game has flown out the window officially. So, why should you waste your coin on this, instead use it on something more meaningful.

Oh wait! With how the Devs update this game, they don't give a **** about the player base.

They cut the drops down significantly, they nerf virtually everything. 'Accidentally' as they claim. But is it really an accident? In China I hear they have a really bad problem with bots. You know though, instead of actually nerfing things. Why don't they just come up with a creative solution to it? Why don't they, huh? It can't be THAT difficult for someone to code a countermeasure to bots.

It can't be THAT difficult to fix all the glitches and bugs in this game either. I mean, they code all this shiny new stuff, the beautiful new areas and the new races. It can't be THAT difficult to fix all the problems they have with the game and bring players back.

Oh wait, its too late for that. That ship set sail a few years ago. *facepalm*. Anyone who actually participates in this raffle is simply wasting their time and coin. But I know I can't stop anyone, so why am I even arguing this point anymore?

Well i think you missed to read that top 3 who spent more will win. :p
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Actually, if you go for the SoT, you actually have pretty "good" chances of winning, at least by normal pack standards. Really, it's not that bad of a deal. Not good enough for me to bother with it myself, but not bad.

And, it's a big coin sink. This is a good thing, for those of you idiots incapable of seeing it. Less coin on the market = less inflation, which has been the primary issue with our economy for quite a while now.
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kalopsia - Dreamweaver
    Kalopsia - Dreamweaver Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Should be done on each server independently, server's economies are not on the same levels. For example coins on morai have half the value of coins on lost city.
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    s1s9 wrote: »
    My brother sent 150big note for scroll of tome, its 1.5billion. So wait his name for being sure winner. He said its just like buying luad ingame. I sent 5bignote only, and thats really funny if i win too. :)

And we sent 100+ email each gm with one coin. :p but different account. So no one can send anymore:p heheh we did it for the first 2hours after the event started:)

yah there r many ppl who actually want to buy the tome, but cant find seller.
    so those ppl might actually send real coin value of the tome- to make sure that they win
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Personally, if they had a consolation prize, where you get something just for entering upon the random prize if won, I would have entered. I'm cheap, I need more incentive.

However, I'm sure that might get exploited somehow.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Actually, if you go for the SoT, you actually have pretty "good" chances of winning, at least by normal pack standards. Really, it's not that bad of a deal. Not good enough for me to bother with it myself, but not bad.

And, it's a big coin sink. This is a good thing, for those of you idiots incapable of seeing it. Less coin on the market = less inflation, which has been the primary issue with our economy for quite a while now.

I personally think they should of just added NPC who sells such items. SoT for 1b and we would see far more coins leaving the economy. Its is better than nothing but I believe it could of been done in much better manner.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    This raffle is amazing!!! Its meant to be a coin sink LOL but really fail at coinsink who would wantto waste their ingame coins for something that you cant even garantee your gonna win....

Good job PWI Good Jobb:victory

b:chuckleYep! They do have one heck of an interesting Brain Trust group, working for them now don't theyb:chuckle

Theres no way that this will work as a 'Coin sink~program' that will begin to drop the in-game inflations & items prices (All those ~ who can participate in this, will do (if they choose to waste their moneys on a nearly impossible Pipe Dream) will be to Raise the Market Prices of Already Overpriced Items Even More, To Make Up For Their Futile losses and even more hyperinflation will begin {b:bye} Way to go {PWE} Way To Gooooo....b:surrender
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options

Indeed with one slight... addition to it, it IS a band-aid fix, they need to find a more permanent coin sink, or run this event regularly, I am guessing there is a more permanent coin sink feature in the works, but for now hopefully enough people will be incited by this, that things will stabilize for a (VERY) small bit.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Numelle - Raging Tide
    Numelle - Raging Tide Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I sent one for fun, and guess what.. it's a game, and I'll test my luck, I can just farm those 10 mil in 2 or 3 nights by using auto cultivation system.
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    s1s9 wrote: »
    My brother sent 150big note for scroll of tome, its 1.5billion. So wait his name for being sure winner. He said its just like buying luad ingame. I sent 5bignote only, and thats really funny if i win too. :)

And we sent 100+ email each gm with one coin. :p but different account. So no one can send anymore:p heheh we did it for the first 2hours after the event started:)

Congratz, you showed exactly the stupidity of players that makes these events a waste of time & effort from PWI. I can only wait and laugh when differen't people mailed way more (2bil+ isn't that uncommon).
  • Numelle - Raging Tide
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Congratz, you showed exactly the stupidity of players that makes these events a waste of time & effort from PWI. I can only wait and laugh when differen't people mailed way more (2bil+ isn't that uncommon).

Actually if they filled up GM's mailboxes, they would get notification that GM's mailbox is full, + if GM's decade to check their mailboxes, they can easily just delete the mail, and make room for more mails.

And I'm sure that if they sent alot of mails from different accounts they get kicked out of riffle, isn't in the rules "one char per player" ? So I'm sure that by that action they are not in side event anymore.
  • foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    If they want a coin sink, make the game worth sinking coin into.
    They cant even be bothered to fix the incorrect names your supposed to send the big notes to, in their announcement post, yet found time to post it on facebook. Morons.

This "event" only leaves me with a new question. Which is more broken. The game? or are the GMs/CMs/Whoever else broken?
    Actually if they filled up GM's mailboxes, they would get notification that GM's mailbox is full, + if GM's decade to check their mailboxes, they can easily just delete the mail, and make room for more mails.

And I'm sure that if they sent alot of mails from different accounts they get kicked out of riffle, isn't in the rules "one char per player" ? So I'm sure that by that action they are not in side event anymore.

In the announcement it says

*Event ends on 7/7 Monday @ 11:59 PM PDT or when GM mail box is full

So, when a GMs mailbox is full, event over. Could have ended already, or tomorrow, or at 11:59 monday.

Also, does anyone proof read their ****** announcements? Errors all over the place. Looks bad when a company releases stuff with errors on it on an "Official Announcement". But what could one expect from PWE....
    NGTUy53.png

• Numelle - Raging Tide
    edited July 2014
    Options
    foley3k wrote: »
    In the announcement it says

*Event ends on 7/7 Monday @ 11:59 PM PDT or when GM mail box is full

So, when a GMs mailbox is full, event over. Could have ended already, or tomorrow, or at 11:59 monday.

And let's say that they filled their mailbox, don't you think that GM won't notice what they did? And that he won't check it? I'm 100% sure they will get kicked out of the event sooner or later, and specially now that they talked about it on forums. You all say GM's and devs are so bad etc etc, but tbh I think they are doing fine for a game that is 5+ years old.

And to clear something also, I'm not defending his idea to fill out GM's mailbox, I do think that's immature and childish move from his side, and while he may think how smart he is, and how clever his idea is, there is also a GM that is more clever then him.

If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong, this is just my opinion.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    And let's say that they filled their mailbox, don't you think that GM won't notice what they did? And that he won't check it? I'm 100% sure they will get kicked out of the event sooner or later, and specially now that they talked about it on forums. You all say GM's and devs are so bad etc etc, but tbh I think they are doing fine for a game that is 5+ years old.

And to clear something also, I'm not defending his idea to fill out GM's mailbox, I do think that's immature and childish move from his side, and while he may think how smart he is, and how clever his idea is, there is also a GM that is more clever then him.

I was just able to send in an entry so I assume this has been caught already. gg if he gets disqualified for it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • foley3k
    edited July 2014
    Options

I wasnt accusing you of anything. I was just saying, that in their announcement. Once the mailbox is full the event is over. They never said they would empty it, or give options of when it gets full, they said event over, assuming on that server anyway.
    I am assuming, (going by what they said on the announcement) that only a total of 400 entries ( 400 people)? I think its 100 emails per mailbox.

On 1 side they didn't put enough time into explaining the event more clearly. 400 entries per server? Will they empty mailboxes? Did they make it so it is limitless emails?

Another side, if it is only 400 people per sever, why not say that?

More thought needs to go into what they do. They need to stop, take a few extra minutes and think a little harder before going live with something. Look at all the errors on the announcement. They can't even be bothered to proof read it.
    NGTUy53.png

• Numelle - Raging Tide
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I wasnt accusing you of anything. I was just saying, that in their announcement. Once the mailbox is full the event is over. They never said they would empty it, or give options of when it gets full, they said event over, assuming on that server anyway.
    I am assuming, (going by what they said on the announcement) that only a total of 400 entries ( 400 people)? I think its 100 emails per mailbox.

On 1 side they didn't put enough time into explaining the event more clearly. 400 entries per server? Will they empty mailboxes? Did they make it so it is limitless emails?

Another side, if it is only 400 people per sever, why not say that?

More thought needs to go into what they do. They need to stop, take a few extra minutes and think a little harder before going live with something. Look at all the errors on the announcement. They can't even be bothered to proof read it.

I never said that you accused me, and I perfectly understand what you were talking about.

And I really don't know what specific info you need about this event? Common sense when GM's feel that they can't handle too much mail ( hence the : full inbox ) then the event is done. Everything is already written down, I don't get what more info about event you need xD
  • Egamoto - Harshlands
    Egamoto - Harshlands Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    been tryin for 2 days to send one in but keep saying user does not exist QQ! tried all 4 diff names for harshlands server
  • Numelle - Raging Tide
    edited July 2014
    Options
    been tryin for 2 days to send one in but keep saying user does not exist QQ! tried all 4 diff names for harshlands server

Harshlands (PVP)
    CoinCU
    CoinCV
    CoinCW
    CoinCX

This is how you are supposed to write their names. Try again, it should work now.
  • foley3k
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I never said that you accused me, and I perfectly understand what you were talking about.

And I really don't know what specific info you need about this event? Common sense when GM's feel that they can't handle too much mail ( hence the : full inbox ) then the event is done. Everything is already written down, I don't get what more info about event you need xD

There is no common sense with PWE. They are always hiding the truth, lying and being very vague. Much like this event.
    I dont need any info on this event I was just stating that it will end when the mailbox is full. Which is only limited to 400 people in the event. With them having down the incorrect names to mail the coins to (took them a day to change it?), this may have caused people to not be able to get in the event on time, if the mail boxes are full.

The whole point being that PWE never thought out their announcement.
    Does it end when all the mail boxes are full? According to announcement yes. If it doesn't then why put that it will end once the mailbox is full?
    Will they empty out their mail if the above isnt true? I would hope so.

They changed the names on their announcement but still it is littered with errors.
    NGTUy53.png

• Numelle - Raging Tide
    edited July 2014
    Options
    There is no common sense with PWE. They are always hiding the truth, lying and being very vague. Much like this event.
    I dont need any info on this event I was just stating that it will end when the mailbox is full. Which is only limited to 400 people in the event. With them having down the incorrect names to mail the coins to (took them a day to change it?), this may have caused people to not be able to get in the event on time, if the mail boxes are full.

The whole point being that PWE never thought out their announcement.
    Does it end when all the mail boxes are full? According to announcement yes. If it doesn't then why put that it will end once the mailbox is full?
    Will they empty out their mail if the above isnt true? I would hope so.

They changed the names on their announcement but still it is littered with errors.

Mistakes happen, I'm not saying that PWE stuff are honest little bees. And If you try to send mail to the name they posted, you wouldn't be able to send mail at all, I know cuz I try'ed and it didn't work. If mail box is full, you won't be able to send mail again, because game will give you pop up, that mail box is full.

Plus, on top of all that, not everyone will send mails; only high end game players that can afford to spend 10 + mil. And keep in mind that this game is full of alts as well; and since you can participate only on one char per all accounts that you own, that limits the number of players that would send mails.
  • xevilelfx
    xevilelfx Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options

Actually, you nailed it. Anyone with half a brain can see what's going on here. The hand writing is on the wall. The golden days are over. The economy is completely skewed. Prices on things are jacked up. Player base dropping, friend lists with players that just flat never log on any more. Like most mmo deaths, the remaining hard-core usual suspects and world chat spammers remain. All max gear to ensure a huge gap between high level and new players. Too many of the wrong things nerfed, too many issues never addressed. All the new content can't save the day if fundamentals of maintaining an epic game are lost in the shuffle.
    DQ is removed, jerks bot the base quest mobs for days on end 24/7. This game needs a miracle.
    Let's face it, PW is an old dog now. Will need new players to sustain it at all. Like all games. Which there are thousands. But, many with little or no playerbase. Some are amazing games.
    So how does an old game get the new players with the army of new competetion? How do you keep the servers from emptying out?
    I use to wonder, and we'd all talk about the new character classes, which have never happened. I laugh at this point. Seems like a lot of work for something in a downward spiral. Why I doubt we'll see new classes at this point. I get the feeling it's more about crisis management, putting out fires and slapping things together then some big plan with top programmers who are focused. They're are on the new projects, PW is the old dog in the back.
    Gets a pat on the head and throw a bone. And now this Raffle? What a joke. A rich mans game and yet another item that maintains a huge gap between them and us.
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    xevilelfx wrote: »

It isn't. Two measures combined would completely obliterate botting:
    - All DQ items to a price of 1 coin -> Makes botting for coin about 1/10th as efficient as it is now.
    - Extend the Primal World "earning time" to the entire main server world -> Kills off the bots that automatically return to city, sell/repair, and then return to botting. Reporting them to the admins does not seem to have any effect.

Additional measures:
    - Sin bloodpaint in combination with a sacrificial strike weapon is the nobrainer for autoculti. That combo needs to be broken. Suggestion: Recode the Sacrificial/GoF effect so that it also removes one buff from a player on triggering. I am aware this will cause mass 'sin Q.Q and do not care, that class needs a bloody nerf. Pun intended.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • DoodsWH - Sanctuary
    DoodsWH - Sanctuary Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    It isn't. Two measures combined would completely obliterate botting:
    - All DQ items to a price of 1 coin -> Makes botting for coin about 1/10th as efficient as it is now.
    - Extend the Primal World "earning time" to the entire main server world -> Kills off the bots that automatically return to city, sell/repair, and then return to botting. Reporting them to the admins does not seem to have any effect.

Additional measures:
    - Sin bloodpaint in combination with a sacrificial strike weapon is the nobrainer for autoculti. That combo needs to be broken. Suggestion: Recode the Sacrificial/GoF effect so that it also removes one buff from a player on triggering. I am aware this will cause mass 'sin Q.Q and do not care, that class needs a bloody nerf. Pun intended.

lolz at a thinly veiled attempt at another nerf sin QQ
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I honestly hope this event helps drain the servers of money. Bravo to PWE to implement this and test to see how much they can affect the game economy.
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    Crixxix - Raging Tide Posts: 848 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    This event actually says a lot to me. I've been a player since roughly 2008-2009, but didn't play heavily until about 2011. So here's my findings.

They have finally begun to see that there's a problem. It seems that they've finally begun to move out of the denial stage, and have accepted that something is effed up. While I am just as disappointed at the poor execution, I have to give PWE the minimum of saying that it was a poor attempt.
      What the Dev's and GM's need to realize is that PWI is their best game, even at the current state that it's in. I've played some of their other games, and they are garbage when compared to PWI. If they wash out of PWI, then they will likely be the next on the unemployment line, which I hear is pretty long in California.
      In order to fix this, there a several approaches. As PWE has limited power (That right is reserved for our Chinese friends over at PWCN), their best method of approach is through how they set sales, which I believe PWE has control over to some extent. Paying careful attention to our needs in-game so that we never completely run out of a given item on a server (such as the recent D-Orb crisis on the RT server), hence never driving up insane prices when items do finally go on sale.
      The other approach involves getting more aggressive in their dealings with PWCN. Not only are many customers getting screwed from PWCN's lackluster support for the international version, but it's also going to ultimately cost people that work for our version their jobs.

To be honest, the current business model just isn't working. With our ability to buy gold with our in-game coin, that means that everything is going to be tied to gold prices, which are usually set by merchants. However, the problem with this kind of system is that this will inevitably create competition between merchants, and will cause prices to fluctuate. When this happens, it creates an instability in prices, potentially allowing a single merchant (who has enough funds to do so) to alter the prices to his will by creating stability in the market. The process will naturally repeat until we get to the prices that we see today and beyond.

So for this second approach, which will be more effective, would mean a shutdown of all servers for a month or two, which would allow PWE time to get issues such as all known bugs, exploits, etc. patched up. From there, they could remove all things such as R9, and anybody who had any R9 would get some kind of compensation. There will be a storm of QQ and people who quit the game, but with the game fixed and PWE on top of things, the game would be advertisable, through commercials via TV, YouTube, etc.

I guess it's all in their hands now. As I said, they've seemed to admit that something is wrong, but I think we (the playerbase) could more effectively fix the game at this point than they could. On a side note... why is it that most of the private servers have less bugs than we do here? It's just proof that it's really not THAT hard to fix this game. Ball's in your court PWE.

As always, this plan would
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    lolz at a thinly veiled attempt at another nerf sin QQ

Nothing veiled about it. Sins have a ton of advantages over other classes at this point. Bloodpaint in melee PVE means you keep going until your weapon breaks. Even blue G12 gear that you happen to pick up from mobs along the way is sufficient to do that. And that is something no other class can do.

Second simplest classes are BM/Barb (just use triple spark to regain health), but those classes cannot use a sacrificial weapon as a result.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    Crixxix - Raging Tide Posts: 848 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    They can if you have an auto-pot stone. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Raiinie - Archosaur
    Raiinie - Archosaur Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Second simplest classes are BM/Barb (just use triple spark to regain health), but those classes cannot use a sacrificial weapon as a result.

that statement is false, if you have ever done research on the TT weapons for long enough you would know that there ARE TT fists with sacrificial strike. It is usless to current tier weapons but they have been there since back when TT90 was top tier. most phys rrr9 weapons also have GoF and higher base damage then sin daggers.