Do you think they really care !!

ArchAngeLi - Harshlands
ArchAngeLi - Harshlands Posts: 285 Arc User
edited July 2014 in General Discussion
Do you honestly think the GMs and/or developers care about our complaints or posts. Hell NO, they don't! Why, because we keep coming back to them with same complaints about this game.

With all the problems in the game such as mass DCs, broken quest lines, etc, etc, I could go on for a long time but you all have experienced it. Yes, players are leaving by the dozens, do they care, nope. DQ was being "Fixed" 8 months ago and Sparkie will "keep us updated", yeah right!
New content or a new update, what is that? Is there such a thing, well, if one is coming (which I doubt) why can't they inform us, give us a clue, tease us a bit, make us stay around to check it out. But then again why should they tell us, they are sitting at the golf course or wherever and spending the money the cash shoppers pay them.

And GMs/developers, what the heck are they. Sparkie makes an occasional post but it is useless as it really says nothing, just the same old comments as before. Simply put for a "money making business" which PWI is supposed to be with thousands of "customers", their customer relations has to be one of the worse of any business, hell McDonalds has better customer service. And to top it off they have a bunch more games on ARC, wonder how they are being run as PWI is supposed to be the flagship. Oh well, kudos to PWI, you guys sure know how to destroy a good thing......
Post edited by ArchAngeLi - Harshlands on

Comments

• Camberi - Raging Tide
    Camberi - Raging Tide Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    nope. of course not. nobody cares about us, sadly :(
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    As much as I would love to say they do not care,

I have to be fair, and suggest the problems we have today, are more likely to be as a result of them trying too hard, when trying to compensate the non cheating players with the addition of new content both in game and out, plus the way they dealt with the compensation for the glitches, there were probably unexpected consequences for them as much as us. lol.

Just a thought,
    If they really did not care they would not have tried to do any thing at all.
    "Actions speak louder than words."
    They have actually made changes based on player input from the forums, this I have seen with my own eyes a few times in the many years I have played.

So do they care: Yes.
    Do they know what to do about it: Probably not, but I bet they are trying. b:chuckle
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
  • DoodsWH - Sanctuary
    DoodsWH - Sanctuary Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    As much as I would love to say they do not care,

I have to be fair, and suggest the problems we have today, are more likely to be as a result of them trying too hard, when trying to compensate the non cheating players with the addition of new content both in game and out, plus the way they dealt with the compensation for the glitches, there were probably unexpected consequences for them as much as us. lol.

Just a thought,
    If they really did not care they would not have tried to do any thing at all.
    "Actions speak louder than words."
    They have actually made changes based on player input from the forums, this I have seen with my own eyes a few times in the many years I have played.

So do they care: Yes.
    Do they know what to do about it: Probably not, but I bet they are trying. b:chuckle

Show me an instance of where they listened.
  • foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I would say no.

-They let the economy go to **** by adding so much coin into the economy, via tw, botting, jolly jones quests etc.. Then try to help it with a coin dump lame *** event, that more people laughed at then entered, all while the coin is still being given out as stated above.

-They lied to us on many occasions. Most recently, the true reason as to why the charms were taken out of the event gold boutique.

-They took away DQ rewards, with a promise of a replacement. Almost a year since they announced that, and the only update they gave the community on it was "we absolutely do plan on bringing this back in some way, shape, or form." That is it, that is all. Many questions asked, all have which gone unanswered cause honestly I dont think they have a plan in place to replace it. Almost a year, and they cant even give a legitimate update on it.

-This is probably the most obvious one to show they don't care. They offer no support system anymore. 99% of tickets, the people are told to post on the forums, where they are told to submit a ticket. Who the **** does that? haha

-They continuously keep making the same mistake. For example, they knew that people could submit the redemption code for dream chaser packs multiple times. Few months later, the release a code for +10 orbs, and without testing it put it live. Again, people were able to get multiple packs from this. The first instance of this though was I believe with blessings, way before the dream chaser packs.

-The lack of communication from GMs and CMs. Only thing I see them do now, it post threads about other PWE games, that other people cant respond to. Make events like the fashion one, and the pvp one (heard it didnt go well). Doing all this while not responding to peoples questions and concerns. Still no July monthly community update.

-Their maintenance usually takes way longer then they say it is going to last, with a server restart lasting 12 hours before. With some ending up with server rollbacks.
    NGTUy53.png

• Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited July 2014

They were silly enough to listen to the PvPers, moaning about lack of arena style of fighting plus lack of willing participation in PvP and as they were unable to fix they introduced NW **** RPG players like me(one time I wish they did not listen.)who were looking forwards to Nirvana, They introduced Realm of Reflection as some players wanted a faster/easier path to so called end game levels and Botting and changed instances because of the forum moaning about instances being too hard/easy, Sins skills were altered due to a very long thread at one point, need I go on.

I would agree that the current changes in the company's ability to manage its own game, do not bode well for the future of this game.
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
  • eraldus
    eraldus Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'll just quote myself from the Community Update [June] thread, as it is somewhat related...

eraldus wrote: »
    Because as long as there is people feeding them their money like mindless fools, they won't give a rat's a** about any issues concerning F2P players... Now if the issue was about the cash shop itself, you can bet it wouldn't take longer than a week for it to be fully functional and working nicely and well.

Now watch as in a few days, weeks or months, they come up with this new DQ rewards they're sooooo promising for about half a year already and saying stuff like "We were concerned about all of you, our dear players and we took all this time to work hard so that you can have a joyful gamming experience with this new DQ reward system" or something in those lines, and then everybody goes like "forgive and forget" on them...

I know, because I've been part of this community for 6 years, and people around here are very gullible and naive, just like little children, and that's why they treat us like idiots. b:shutup
  • XXxICExXx - Morai
    XXxICExXx - Morai Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited July 2014

No 2x at 4th july when every other year there has been, clearly they took note that the economy is down the crapper so decided against it and did a coin sink instead to try and take coin outta the game. Sure it might not have worked as well as they had hoped but it seems to me they are trying. You have to separate the ppl we deal with (PWI) and the ppl who own the game (PWE). Our lot have limited powers and PWE cater more for their own/home market.
  • Boomz - Harshlands
    Boomz - Harshlands Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    No 2x at 4th july when every other year there has been, clearly they took note that the economy is down the crapper so decided against it and did a coin sink instead to try and take coin outta the game. Sure it might not have worked as well as they had hoped but it seems to me they are trying. You have to separate the ppl we deal with (PWI) and the ppl who own the game (PWE). Our lot have limited powers and PWE cater more for their own/home market.

Our "GMs" have morepower than you think, they have full control over items in the boutique and the starting and ending of any event that has ever existed in pwi. They just choose not to use that power much.

2nd, PWI still doesn't understand the concept of their own economy and the player base that resides in it. If they wanted to effectively make a coin sink don't give us this BS "OH i have a chance to get something" stuff, no give us like some people have said an NPC with fixed value items like the SoT. This will ACTUALLY fix the economy because:

1. it will stabilize the prices of many items that you could put in said npc such as SoT, DoD, DoT, LG stuff, Matchless Wings, etc.

2. Will effectively remove coins from the server because most those items will be used immediately and the fact that the second that you buy that item from that npc it will immediately LOSE VALUE because no one will pay more or equal coin to the amount from an npc.
    ░░░░███████]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂ cause i can't make art, so i made
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤this awesome tank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 1 shot king. LV 150 FSP bosses hit for 3m. Top Player hit record: 652,656.
  • XXxICExXx - Morai
    edited July 2014
    Our "GMs" have morepower than you think, they have full control over items in the boutique and the starting and ending of any event that has ever existed in pwi. They just choose not to use that power much.

2nd, PWI still doesn't understand the concept of their own economy and the player base that resides in it. If they wanted to effectively make a coin sink don't give us this BS "OH i have a chance to get something" stuff, no give us like some people have said an NPC with fixed value items like the SoT. This will ACTUALLY fix the economy because:

1. it will stabilize the prices of many items that you could put in said npc such as SoT, DoD, DoT, LG stuff, Matchless Wings, etc.

2. Will effectively remove coins from the server because most those items will be used immediately and the fact that the second that you buy that item from that npc it will immediately LOSE VALUE because no one will pay more or equal coin to the amount from an npc.

Yeah but i'm pretty sure our pwi can't change NPCs or add new ones permanent ones outside an event - chances are that kinda stuff takes place in China and could take upto 6months+ from suggestion to implentation. They are hardly likely to add the things u mentioned to an NPC as thats why people buy packs in the insane hope they win something like that.

Its been mentioned before that a token npc would be a good addition and i have to agree, most players use/would use tokens to an extent but at 30k+ on morai its not worth it.

To answer the original question better I think PWI does care but are limited to what they can do. China doesnt give a flying f
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    They did try to coin sink.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Wait that coin sink idea actually happened?!

I thought that was some sort of sick joke!!

PWI already has a good coin sink. It's called Nation Wars because to make anything from there costs coins.. Show me the last item that took anywhere near 100 to craft at an npc. All they need to do is increase the rewards to make more coin "disappear" but at the same time the supply and demand curve will probably kick in and mean that people will make loads more SoW, cannies, raps, people will be able to upgrade NW rings more often sucking more coins out of the game and hopefully people will still just about be able to cover their costs and make a profit even though prices are likely to drop as a result... Not like they can go much lower anyway!!

All end game gear is crafted from things farmed with supply tokens except the crown of madness/wings of Ascension set therefore affecting everyone not just cash shoppers or just f2p players
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
  • Kiteme - Lost City
    Kiteme - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    They don't care?

- What about when they changed TW rewards back into big notes?
    - What about when they allowed ini editing?
    - What about when they made the NW map smaller again?
    - What about sparkie using his own free time to host events?
    - What about the coin collection event? Everyone wanted a coin sink and there it is .

You people take everything for granted and only complain, never thank.

- You asked the GMs to keep us updated, but that's not good enough because they must "say something" too. What if they have nothing they can say?
    - You asked for coin sinks but an event isn't good enough. Has to be an NPC they can't add.
    - You asked for events, but it's not good enough because sparkie decided to start off easier for himself by using end game geared people for a trial run.
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    They don't care?

- What about when they changed TW rewards back into big notes?
    - What about when they allowed ini editing?
    - What about when they made the NW map smaller again?
    - What about sparkie using his own free time to host events?
    - What about the coin collection event? Everyone wanted a coin sink and there it is .

You people take everything for granted and only complain, never thank.

- You asked the GMs to keep us updated, but that's not good enough because they must "say something" too. What if they have nothing they can say?
    - You asked for coin sinks but an event isn't good enough. Has to be an NPC they can't add.
    - You asked for events, but it's not good enough because sparkie decided to start off easier for himself by using end game geared people for a trial run.

I can add yet:
    asked to remove Arc, they don't care.
    Asked to add DQ reward system, but got promise only.

Ini editing ... for what ? Anyone create character using character editor ...

Not all participated in NW, especially at PvE servers.

TW rewards useful for winners of TW only (i.e. high level high geared rich players).

They added bots and bots play now.

Bots don't complain though.
  • XXxICExXx - Morai
    edited July 2014
    I can add yet:
    asked to remove Arc, they don't care.
    Asked to add DQ reward system, but got promise only.

I don't know why ppl keep moaning about ARC, its clearly their way of managing the many games they now do, its here to stay and isnt that bad, get over it! Because you dont like it isnt a good reason for them to abandon the countless man hours/money they have put into the project.

DQ system again was a bonus system put in place, its not really a main reason to play the game, they gave ample warning that it was going and they have said something else will come in its place but again thats probably a Chinese decision as to when/what/where and how.
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Ini editing ... for what ? Anyone create character using character editor ...

I can step in to clarify because I was one of the main people behind that campaign.

ini editing was mainly to place Tideborn and Earthguard hair, as well as the eyes, on the original 3 races; and also using Earthguard skins on Tideborns and vice-versa a simple cosmetic change to update the looks of many characters who wanted the fresh crisp textures of the hair and eyes. This way barbs could also have 'hats', and some people could make 'chibi' faces like the ones in china.

However, people were getting their characters suspended - and even perma-banned- over this. The argument was using the ini. codes to shape the character to impossible sizes. AKA. So that you couldn't click them - a so called 'advantage' in pvp.

After our campaign, the rules on editing were tweaked - so long as the body edits weren't touched (dat innuendo), it would be legal to have tb and earthguard features on other races.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • PeachyKisses - Archosaur
    PeachyKisses - Archosaur Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I can add yet:

They added bots and bots play now.

Bots don't complain though.

Amen. The bots don't complain. We all complain about those bots that are set up in the middle of high traffic quest areas with and archer and 2-3 other chars picking up drops (which is against ToS if I remember right) and killing everything in sight making it harder for us to get our quests done and get out of the area. They don't do anything about it though. The economy is so cash shopper based now and botter approved the regular farmer player can't get a coin in edgewise. And if they did it wouldn't matter anyway because as soon as they had one the price would go up for what they were farming for anyway. If they care about their own wallets and job security they will fix this before they lose their shorts in it all. b:surrender