Does anyone else dislike the auto bot thing?

Options
Coraline - Lost City
Coraline - Lost City Posts: 867 Arc User
edited July 2014 in General Discussion
The first day I used it, I loved it. But now it's a mess.
I was using it in PV and it made me run into a group of mobs getting me killed even though the last mob I was attacking, I was far away. And then in other areas it has me running around despite there being mobs in my range. And if somehow a mob attacks me, it doesn't change target and attacks it and other times it does.

I only know all of this because I look at the game every 10 minutes or so to make sure I'm not stuck on a rock or something. I feel like it's not a smart program.

Anyone else have any horror stories?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eatswithspoons "*roll eyes* real money for virtual property? That's definitely not allowed"

Lol what?
Post edited by Coraline - Lost City on

Comments

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    Options
    PV is like... one of the worst places imaginable to use it. Why would you do such a thing? D:

And yeah, plenty of people dislike it, though for reasons related to how it's affecting the game's economy.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Kalopsia - Dreamweaver
    Kalopsia - Dreamweaver Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I think op just came back to game, but yea don't use it for any instances, only open map world/morai/primal/oht.
  • xxxxjayxxxx
    xxxxjayxxxx Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    The first day I used it, I loved it. But now it's a mess.
    I was using it in PV and it made me run into a group of mobs getting me killed even though the last mob I was attacking, I was far away. And then in other areas it has me running around despite there being mobs in my range. And if somehow a mob attacks me, it doesn't change target and attacks it and other times it does.

I only know all of this because I look at the game every 10 minutes or so to make sure I'm not stuck on a rock or something. I feel like it's not a smart program.

Anyone else have any horror stories?

Aside from people botting on mobs required for base quests / culti / morai quests i could care less about the system. Just annoys me a little when quest area are full of bots in near to end game gear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Coraline - Lost City
    Coraline - Lost City Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I used it because I was lazy lol. It worked for the first half. I should add that I'm reawakening so I'm lvl 80 now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eatswithspoons "*roll eyes* real money for virtual property? That's definitely not allowed"

Lol what?
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I don't dislike it but won't use it in PV
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    PV is like... one of the worst places imaginable to use it. Why would you do such a thing? D:

Not always. Post rebirth it can be handy to just go in, set a range of 200, press F12 and go afk, only to return and find you've gained a level or 2. But that's PV45/PV60 and the likes, not PV100. I personally use autoculti more to get a bit of cash, but it's getting harder to do so. Individuals are getting themselves organized with entire farms of lvl 100+'s. Guess I'll have to do such myself before soon, not like I don't have the means to...
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • XxWilxX - Heavens Tear
    XxWilxX - Heavens Tear Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    No i dont dislike it.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I too hate the Autobot system.

I'm more of a Decepticon person myself.

AHAHAHA I'M HILARIOUS

someone help me :c
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Your joke was bad and you should feel bad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Your joke was bad and you should feel bad.

Was that Transformers joke as bad as Age of Extinction?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Not always. Post rebirth it can be handy to just go in, set a range of 200, press F12 and go afk, only to return and find you've gained a level or 2.
    Isn't it easier to spend couple of minutes and pull all mobs and aoe instead of botting there with risk to stuck and die to extra agroed mobs?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • Ulquiorraa__ - Raging Tide
    Ulquiorraa__ - Raging Tide Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Hello , well there is more big deals to think about when talking about botting . Like the ppl botting every where on pve servers bothering everyone who's doing quests .
    2nd and most important point remove botting asap from game cause it's causing inflation. Driving gold to crazy prices on pve servers causing tokens to be more costy, all merchants and ppl that farm other than botting are losing the coin value. PWE doesn't realize they added a new farming instance called botting . doesn't realize its turning ppl into the farming afk machine ignoring the game play dailies and questing or even being active .
    Up for any challenge .

RT PvP Ruler .
  • Trollguard - Sanctuary
    Trollguard - Sanctuary Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Auto-cultivation was not made to do your instances... only **** up the economy.

Now the day PWE makes the bot able to run TT, NV and perhaps even TW, game will truly be Perfect World!
  • Evryn - Morai
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Isn't it easier to spend couple of minutes and pull all mobs and aoe instead of botting there with risk to stuck and die to extra agroed mobs?

Not much of a chance of that in PV on a character that's ranged. No drops to pick up and attacking things there do not chain aggro others (unless you use AOEs). Going on manual with pulls is faster if your character can handle it, but most arcane classes are unlikely to be able to handle that, especially if they don't have their original gear yet.

And as for the economy being screwed over by botting... yea, definately the case. But they have chosen to go that route, and remember that even -before- autocultivation a select few bot users were able to make a lot of money very fast. As long as the PWI GMs are unwilling or unable to kill all botting, Autoculti at least levels the playing field.

Removing DQ items as a viable source of income would likely kill all botting (for cash, botting for XP would still be possible). Any APS bot would lose more on repairs then they'd gain in cash. Sins would be out of a job...

• Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Was that Transformers joke as bad as Age of Extinction?

I wouldn't know, I lost interest after Transformers 2. **** movies are ****.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • paralleogram
    paralleogram Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Botting system is ok but has its glitches. I wouldn't even think to use it in an instance? Why?!?

Ure in "auto-cultivation" yet your character doesn't move even with a 100+ radius and any small hill will get you stuck.
    Here we go again....
  • anaovt1
    anaovt1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Yeah, the bot wasn't made for instances.... and it likes to get stuck unless you're on open ground.

I also hate the bot, mostly because of all the people botting quest mobs.
    Camlyra-Raging Tides. Since the avatar is broken.

Cleric 103/103/102
    Seeker 102/102/101
    Wizard 101/101/101
    Psychic 102/99
  • Selbronne - Heavens Tear
    Selbronne - Heavens Tear Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    You are totaly correct. I aslo dislike how autobot works. I noticed that the autobot was changed few times. The one of the versions was great cause after it killed a mob it was imidietly gathering the drops while ingnoring the atacking mobs. That could lead to death, it's true but what it is nowis sth liek this: if u target a mob, go for it ignoring ur drops... and yah it has a lots of gliches like u walk/fly near the mob and it dosen't even targets it. Sometimes it even makes ur toon fly in circles. So yea i dislike it now

edit: About autoculti in instances I used it in lunar took me 15 min per valey to solo all the mobs :D
  • Evryn - Morai
    edited July 2014
    Options
    No, right now it does the following:
    - Condition: If dead, end autoculti and do not res.
    - Condition: If weapon at 0 durability or none equipped, port to town and end autoculti.
    - Condition: If nothing to pick or pew/smack is found for 90 seconds, use town portal (if TP on cooldown, use teleportation powder). Once in town, end autoculti.
    - Order: If an enemy is selected, attack it (IE if something aggros on you, don't pick drops, kill that critter first).
    - Choice: What's closest? An enemy or something to pick up?
    - Order: Do whatever is closest, if you can't pick something up find the next closest thing to do and don't try to pick up that same thing for 30 seconds. If you find a mob, repeat the attack combo until it is dead or weapon breaks. If you're not able to attack the mob after 5 seconds, find the next closest thing and ignore that mob for 30 seconds.
    - Order: If there's nothing to pick up or pew/smack, wander around in a pentacle-like pattern from the start, radius set by user.

Rough guesstimates, but from my observation these are the Autocultivation directives. If you go near a mob and not attack it, it's probably just outside of your autoculti range. Make it larger in that case.
    The previous autoculti was lovely for making bots run themselves ragged in a cointrail circle... I had some fun with that b:laugh
    Current one is safer, and allows for better sharing of areas as each player goes for the nearest enemy rather then to another persons drops. The "full vit barb for picking and archer for killing" combi doesn't work as well anymore ;)

• anaovt1
    edited July 2014
    Options
    No, right now it does the following:
    - Condition: If dead, end autoculti and do not res.
    - Condition: If weapon at 0 durability or none equipped, port to town and end autoculti.
    - Condition: If nothing to pick or pew/smack is found for 90 seconds, use town portal (if TP on cooldown, use teleportation powder). Once in town, end autoculti.
    - Order: If an enemy is selected, attack it (IE if something aggros on you, don't pick drops, kill that critter first).
    - Choice: What's closest? An enemy or something to pick up?
    - Order: Do whatever is closest, if you can't pick something up find the next closest thing to do and don't try to pick up that same thing for 30 seconds. If you find a mob, repeat the attack combo until it is dead or weapon breaks. If you're not able to attack the mob after 5 seconds, find the next closest thing and ignore that mob for 30 seconds.
    - Order: If there's nothing to pick up or pew/smack, wander around in a pentacle-like pattern from the start, radius set by user.

Rough guesstimates, but from my observation these are the Autocultivation directives. If you go near a mob and not attack it, it's probably just outside of your autoculti range. Make it larger in that case.
    The previous autoculti was lovely for making bots run themselves ragged in a cointrail circle... I had some fun with that b:laugh
    Current one is safer, and allows for better sharing of areas as each player goes for the nearest enemy rather then to another persons drops. The "full vit barb for picking and archer for killing" combi doesn't work as well anymore ;)

Sweetiebot, please give Evryn - Morai 5 points to compensate for all the time he lost watching a bot run around. b:chuckle

Cleric 103/103/102
    Seeker 102/102/101
    Wizard 101/101/101
    Psychic 102/99
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    anaovt1 wrote: »

Sweetiebot, please give Evryn - Morai 5 points to compensate for all the time he lost watching a bot run around.
    Umm, is 'compensate' really the right name for this?
    Try using their exact name with server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I hate the autoculti system, but not so much for the way it works. Partially from the inflation it causes, but mostly because of the inconsiderate people that use it. Morai and Base quest mobs are always covered in bots, often making it difficult to complete a quest (especially if you are working against a high powered ranged individual, and you are not ranged). I've had people drop down right beside me while I'm questing and turn on the bot system, thereby ksing me until I am forced to leave. At one point I got a rare quest from Jintao asking for mobs that there are only four of, and had to actually get help from friends because someone was botting on them and I couldn't kill them fast enough. This is what really aggravates me, and I know I would hate the system much less if they just opened a new channel or "story mode" for bots to specifically be in, and disabled it on the normal world map.

As far as using the system, I do bot with my sin sometimes (one tiny area with no quest mobs and a very small area range set so I don't get in the way of other people). The only problem I have had is possibly related to range.... I will occasionally check on her and find her standing in one spot, with autocultivating still going but her not moving. I have to reset it to get her moving again. I also find it annoying that you can't use potions while botting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • anaovt1
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I also find it annoying that you can't use potions while botting.

That's to get you to buy the autopot stone. I agree it's the worst. At least as a cleric I can heal myself while botting, but I run out of mana ridiculously fast.

Also, apparently I'm terrible at Sweetiebot syntax
    Sweetiebot, please give 5 points to Evryn - Morai to compensate for all the time he lost watching a bot run around.

Cleric 103/103/102
    Seeker 102/102/101
    Wizard 101/101/101
    Psychic 102/99
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Sweetiebot, please give 5 points to Evryn - Morai to compensate for all the time he lost watching a bot run around.
    anaovt1 awards 5 points to Evryn - Morai!
    Evryn - Morai is now in 1st place for July 2014 with 5 points (35 points overall).
    anaovt1 can still award another 25 points today.

Check this thread for the current high scores and to learn how to award points to others.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »

That's like setting the cruise control in your car on the Interstate and crawling into the backseat for a nap.

Why are we listening to this again?
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Vasanta - Lost City
    Vasanta - Lost City Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I love it, as long as people do not have guardian scrolls b:chuckle
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    To the OP,
    There is probably very little to be gained asking that question now as most people who objected to botting probably do not play now nor read the Forums any more.

I did not leave for this but rather the lack of punishment for cheaters, but the choice to use an in game Bot, was just another straw to break the camels back, especially as I had trouble finding any illegal Bots before the change, in fact had not come upon one that interfered with my game play even when I went to the areas where there were claimed to be infestations in the Forums before the change.

For some one who plays this game mostly for the RPG bit with a little MMO play style this feature makes the game about as interesting as watching the chess computer Deep Blue play itself.
    But, Hey what do I know. b:chuckle
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
  • LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    To the OP,
    There is probably very little to be gained asking that question now as most people who objected to botting probably do not play now nor read the Forums any more.

I did not leave for this but rather the lack of punishment for cheaters, but the choice to use an in game Bot, was just another straw to break the camels back, especially as I had trouble finding any illegal Bots before the change, in fact had not come upon one that interfered with my game play even when I went to the areas where there were claimed to be infestations in the Forums before the change.

For some one who plays this game mostly for the RPG bit with a little MMO play style this feature makes the game about as interesting as watching the chess computer Deep Blue play itself.
    But, Hey what do I know. b:chuckle

The botters using illegal 3rd party programs are all over the place on RT. They are the main reason I don't mind auto cultivation, it gives people who don't use illegal programs a chance to also make coin.

If PWI were ro remove auto culti from players they sure as hell better ban the ones stop botting
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Sweetiebot, please give Evryn - Morai 5 points to compensate for all the time he lost watching a bot run around. b:chuckle

Can you ****** stop with asking that Sweetiebot to give points to someone? I cant ****ing stand her.
    giphy.gif

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Sweetiebot please remove 3 points from bloodedone87 for being a hater. ;(
    (Insert fancy image here)