Best duo partner sin now a days? 2014

Options
Manulia - Sanctuary
Manulia - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
edited July 2014 in Assassin
I already googled after same topics, but so much changed after all those updates... so here i go:

My bf (demon sin, 102 second RB) solos almost the game on his own, however i would like to have some fun playing together. I am a mystic and a great help alround, but he dont "need" me rly b:surrender He also dont like to "wait", thats why he tend to do everything alone fast on his own. We are playing on a pve server (i am not much interested at pvp, just sometimes nw) .
Therefore my question at all your sins would be:

What would be your best duo partner for sin now a days? What would make fun to you and a real help.

Thank you very much for all advices! And happy Gaming b:pleased
Post edited by Manulia - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear
    Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    BM; because every sin gets an **** every time they see Heaven's flame.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kida3
    kida3 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    id say go with what class you enjoy playing the most, any class is nice to duo with with different reasons. although gear may also be added to this depending on how far you wanna go with it, not sure about g16 but i know r999 mystics(as well as any other class) can solo the game too.

and HF is only useful if you can time it right
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    A well built demon barb can do huge mob pulls and kill them in seconds while fishie gets the boss. Don't forget the buffs everyone love, and devour of course. b:victory
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • jwillson123
    jwillson123 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Another sin.
    Because you can Stealth instances with him or else you going to make him"wait" while you killing mobs that he does not have to.
    Do you want PWI to fix the economy before is to late?
    please support Perfect World International Forum > Suggestion Box
    > Limit Auto Cultivation to 1 hour just like Hyper stones
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Another sin.
    Because you can Stealth instances with him or else you going to make him"wait" while you killing mobs that he does not have to.

Why stealth at all when you can just mow down mobs in seconds?

I'd have to say a BM or barb. Devours and HF help loads.
  • Brivido - Dreamweaver
    Brivido - Dreamweaver Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Fun = any class as long as you like whose playing it

Efficiency = another sin (granted that they are semi endgame as well - if badly geared then a BM) or a veno
  • Djcale - Raging Tide
    Djcale - Raging Tide Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I already googled after same topics, but so much changed after all those updates... so here i go:

My bf (demon sin, 102 second RB) solos almost the game on his own, however i would like to have some fun playing together. I am a mystic and a great help alround, but he dont "need" me rly b:surrender He also dont like to "wait", thats why he tend to do everything alone fast on his own. We are playing on a pve server (i am not much interested at pvp, just sometimes nw) .
    Therefore my question at all your sins would be:

What would be your best duo partner for sin now a days? What would make fun to you and a real help.

Thank you very much for all advices! And happy Gaming b:pleased

seeker or mystic.
  • Kittysama - Raging Tide_1432680721
    edited July 2014
    Options
    APS-barb with good tanking gears too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Final ragequit on 21/02/2014 'cause ARC. Back on 15/04/2014, RL was bored.
    Ten Paths of Kittyness(old mains when deleted): Kittysama 100(100) Sage HA-Venomancer |Aivina 100(101) Sage (ex-Zerk) Str. Seeker | Kittytart 90(101) Demon All path Zerk BM | KittyFishie 92(101) Demon APS/DPH Zerk Assassin | Haroin 100(100) Demon Vit. Zerk Barbarian | Elfborn 82(100) Demon Cleric | Pessimiste 85(100) Sage Wizard | PalavaEnkeli 87(100) Demon Fist/APS-Archer | VerenVanki 85(100) Demon Mystic | MerenPeto 85(100) Sage Psychic
    Current mains: Old psy and 19 new/recreated mains(avg. level 82)
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    BM (Demon): HF to quickly mow down anything. Glacial/HF if something needs to go in a -real- hurry.
    Seeker: Also nice debuffs, vovo/BP makes for effective AOEing if the sin or seeker wants to do pulls. Metal skills are handy if faced with phys immune enemies.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • jwillson123
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Why stealth at all when you can just mow down mobs in seconds?

I'd have to say a BM or barb. Devours and HF help loads.

Do I have to really explain this to you are you really a sin? is very obvious Celine Dion.b:laugh
    Ok I will "sing" it to you mobs are a complete waste of time why waste time pulling group of mobs and even killing them when you can just holy path/windpush/maze steps and charger orb straight to the boss.Dealing with mobs is annoying and a complete waste of time especially kiting mobs. Any minute you can save the better when farming intances.
    Something her boyfriend has not need to do that even the HF would not be enough to cover the time lost killing mobs unless she very well geared.

Not only that she would had to be very well geared to be able to tank and pull mobs in some instances as a sin she would only need to survive enough for aoe damage since the main sin will keep aggro get most of the damage from bosses.

Also she is a female it would be weird if your ingame girlfriend was a hairy beast b:laugh so the barb is out of the question lol.
    80% of the fun most females gets from this game is fashion and fashioning a barb would not be so exiting for a female lol.

A barb/bm duo with sin is great when playing with people in bh/fsp/WS.

But reading her description is obvious he is soloing intances since he saying she is holding him back.So if she plays as sin she would not bother him or slow him down at all no matter how well or bad geared she is.
  • anaovt1
    anaovt1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Also she is a female it would be weird if your ingame girlfriend was a hairy beast b:laugh so the barb is out of the question lol.
    80% of the fun most females gets from this game is fashion and fashioning a barb would not be so exiting for a female lol.

Wow, way to be misogynistic.

Also, OP, if your bf is refusing to wait for you so you can duo instances together and only cares about going as fast as possible, please rethink playing with him. If he cares about you and wants to play for fun, he will play with whatever class you enjoy.

As to what I think is the best, Seeker. Seeker can take care of mobs, sin can take care of bosses.
    Camlyra-Raging Tides. Since the avatar is broken.

Cleric 103/103/102
    Seeker 102/102/101
    Wizard 101/101/101
    Psychic 102/99
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    BM is the obvious answer, if you are to be cheaply geared and he is OP. but TBH, if he is OP and soloing everything, to have fun for both when playing together you probably should 1) find a non-OP BF 2) make him play a new non-OP toon when he's with you 3) make him buy you gear to be just as OP.

You can run after him trying to cast HF so he kills stuff even faster, but i know myself, it is very hard to slow down for others and most likely you end up just picking the drops and then arriving at the next boss just by the time it dies. Even if you have a mag/vit genie with holy path.

Unless you like playing his assistent, it is not going to be fun regardless what toon you play.

The suggestions above for seeker or barb to take care of the mobs is only a good idea if you intent to become equally OP like him. But even then, an OP BM is pretty good at aoe too. A BM is imo the best PvE toon to play with whoever you play together. BMs are the most versatile.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Selbronne - Heavens Tear
    Selbronne - Heavens Tear Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Ofc the BM, why are u even asking. Runs as fast as sin so there is no slowing down at all. Stealth is not a problems since he can share the stealth with ya at the end of pull. Hf, glacial and good dmg on fists aslo works great with farming, makes bosses go down faster. aslo aoe stun for range mobs at the end of the pull will work great since they will die in ur aoes (Aoe stun>hf+subsea with mire>rest of the aoes result in all mobs dead). Yeah cause of this BMs are best soloing partners for sins.

If u don't rly wanna go for BM, i whould sugest going veno. All the debuffs and purge on many bosses works great(demon nova is great too), bramble is sth that helps in nw vs other physical DDs, aslo work great for not letting mobs rest in instances like pv. I don't have to say about guaranted purge.

Hope that helped
  • Viktorian - Archosaur
    Viktorian - Archosaur Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    anaovt1 wrote: »
    be completely honest. its true
    Also, OP, if your bf is refusing to wait for you so you can duo instances together and only cares about going as fast as possible, please rethink playing with him. If he cares about you and wants to play for fun, he will play with whatever class you enjoy.
    i agree with this statement
    As to what I think is the best, Seeker. Seeker can take care of mobs, sin can take care of bosses.

if u truly are going to do this i would say go wtih bm. HF gives sins a feeling i dont quite understand. To me, HF is just another skill but to sins, i think its the closest thing they have to a god
    Servers: Archosaur(PvE US West) and Harshlands (PvP US East)
    Chars: Viktorian(100 2Rb Celestial Demon BM) PurpleHealz (100 Celestial Sage Cleric) DagsAway (95 Assassin)
    [SIGPIC][/Sigpic]
  • anaovt1
    anaovt1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Thanks for propagating male privilege and gender stereotypes. I have a lot of female friends in this game who don't give a **** about fash. And for me it's only about 10% of teh enjoyment of the game. So **** anyone who thinks that's all women want.

Sorry, I don't usually swear, that's just how mad I am.

As for your comment on BM, yeah, either seek or bm are great, really.
    Camlyra-Raging Tides. Since the avatar is broken.

Cleric 103/103/102
    Seeker 102/102/101
    Wizard 101/101/101
    Psychic 102/99
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Another sin.

I'm going have to agree with this sentiment, if you want to be able to keep up with his stealth ability without worry about lag/dcs etc than this is the best bet.

Sin (Best option imo)

Bm (Hf + GREAT ability to duo things pve wise, and can also kill mobs fairly well with just bp... granted your decently geared with the right axes on/skills EDIT: NOTE: They do cost LOADS of chi, and while there are plentiful ways of maintaining it especially in pve, you may very well struggle to keep up your chi while your killing things, and then trying to hf/gs on boss... though you do NOT need chi to kill the mobs, or pull for that matter... you will still need to be wary of this fact or you may very be back in the same boat you are already in. (Though really they are a great asset to have in pve, and one that is played well is absolutely brilliant/noticeable.))

Seeker (Vortex, def lvls, etc should allow you to keep up fairly well while killing mobs with loads more ease than bm)

Barbarian (Great pulls, and devour is nice, but it would take a lot of work/power to get it up to where it is able to solo the mob pulls on its on, meaning you'd likely be sitting in the back trying to kill the mobs, even with a share the stealth, I would still choose a another sin, seeker, or bm over a barb for a duo partner for a sin.)

As for the other classes, I honestly wouldn't suggest it, though they can and will kill mobs really fast, you will also need to gear them up quite a bit for them to be a real viable option as a duo partner to that sin. (Obviously it is way easier regardless of what class you are on, if you know it well, and its well geared, but really the sin is the 'easiest' option as you can take it, get the proper level, and just stealth what he is stealthing.)
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • jwillson123
    edited July 2014
    Options

Ana your forum signature proves my point b:pleased and no I do not hate woman I love them saying woman loving fashion does not mean I hate them that is ridiculous :).
    Also if you go to west arch 90% of the fashion been sold is female fashions.
    Many of my female friends care for fashion a lot they change fashion like 3 times when they enter an instance.Also are you sure they females? It is a good way to know if a female player is female or a male. Most male that use female just put a bikini on them or wear same fashion.

I do not agree we do not do farming because is fun we do it to be able to compete and make coins. The fastest we can do the most runs the better and having someone making it longer is very annoying that why I always farm alone or sometimes with my BM friend but he is better geared than me so there is no problem but if he was wearing TT90 it would be a problem.
    For BM to work in most intances the bm has to have atleast full G16 set. Which will take a long time doing WS to get full set. While interval gear you can just buy all the gear without needing to farm WS.

Also I say It again sin the best possible option another reason is FC no need to kill mobs to reach Big room since you plan to make a new character and he probably going to have to FC you and having him kill mobs just so you can reach big room is annoying because it takes extra time.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2014
    Options
    *snip*

I do not agree we do not do farming because is fun we do it to be able to compete and make coins. The fastest we can do the most runs the better and having someone making it longer is very annoying that why I always farm alone or sometimes with my BM friend but he is better geared than me so there is no problem but if he was wearing TT90 it would be a problem.
    For BM to work in most intances the bm has to have atleast full G16 set. Which will take a long time doing WS to get full set. While interval gear you can just buy all the gear without needing to farm WS.

*snip*

Bm's are absolutely BRILLIANT in instances/PVE when played right nigh regardless of gear. obviously that gear does help significantly but that is a bit beside the point. A good bm that knows what he or she is doing can pull ridiculously well, and even kill relativity fast, even with some rubbish tt90 gear/tt90 weapon, hell even the lvl 70 calamity axes of blood can allow a bm to kill decently enough.

PVE is where bms shine the most.

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Viktorian - Archosaur
    Viktorian - Archosaur Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Thanks for propagating male privilege and gender stereotypes. I have a lot of female friends in this game who don't give a **** about fash. And for me it's only about 10% of teh enjoyment of the game. So **** anyone who thinks that's all women want.

Sorry, I don't usually swear, that's just how mad I am.

As for your comment on BM, yeah, either seek or bm are great, really.

I dont think anyone was propogating male privilege. Also Stereotypes have a core of truth. It is a fact that the two of the largest threads on this forum are entirely dedicated to fashion and the people posting there are most often women.
    Also noone was being mysoginistic.
    Servers: Archosaur(PvE US West) and Harshlands (PvP US East)
    Chars: Viktorian(100 2Rb Celestial Demon BM) PurpleHealz (100 Celestial Sage Cleric) DagsAway (95 Assassin)
    [SIGPIC][/Sigpic]
  • jwillson123
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Bm's are absolutely BRILLIANT in instances/PVE when played right nigh regardless of gear. obviously that gear does help significantly but that is a bit beside the point. A good bm that knows what he or she is doing can pull ridiculously well, and even kill relativity fast, even with some rubbish tt90 gear/tt90 weapon, hell even the lvl 70 calamity axes of blood can allow a bm to kill decently enough.

PVE is where bms shine the most.

Well I doubt she is skilled enough to pull that off.
    Even me I could not never do a pull with my full TT90 bm on lunar or WS or BH100 I would just be one shotted b:laugh
    Unless the person is charm rapping and using lots of appo is impossible with tt90 gear.Even then it would take a really long time which would make HF not work it.

It can work in FC and maybe bh69/79, but not in abba,sot,warsoul,lunar and TT 3-3.

I think people not even reading her post and just reading the title.To be honest it depends.
    HF is great and all but it requires proper timing I find HF not useful with 80% of the bm.
    They HF without telling me then I triple spark then rising or inner harmony then powerdash and by the time power dash hits the HF is gone! is really annoying and a waste!
    Or they just HF to increase their damage without caring about the damage the squad members do.

In my honest opinion the ultimate teamate for a sin is a Cleric VERY well Geared that can Tank and do Pulls.
    I have seen R9r3+12 clerics make pulls way better than most tanks or bm.
    There is cleric on my server and that cleric does really longgg pulls in Sot the cleric almost does pull with half the mobs in the instance lol not so much but it looks like it! The cleric pulled more mobs and tank it better than any tank I have seen and kill them all fast too.The cleric was almost unkillable the hp did not even reach half since the cleric was spaming heal on herself! also since what mostly hurts is magic damage.
    why cleric that can pull is the ultimate partner? Because of BB.Dealing double damage for only a few seconds does not compare at all with getting hit by only half the damage with BB from cleric!
    Also cleric can buff you,heal you and revive you. You know how squishy we sins are and a mistake can easily kill us.
    I knew guy that sell chromatic tinder he duo Lunar and he told me he did it with his sin and cleric friend only.He farmed lots of lunar gold mats.
    With cleric BB you can tank and survive anything in the game has to offer. Sins have more problem surviving than actually dealing damage.

I dont think anyone was propogating male privilege. Also Stereotypes have a core of truth. It is a fact that the two of the largest threads on this forum are entirely dedicated to fashion and the people posting there are most often women.
    Its cute :) that when I said her forum signature proves my point she edited it and removed Fashion addict 1000
    http://imgur.com/hhEQniT
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Well I doubt she is skilled enough to pull that off.
    Even me I could not never do a pull with my full TT90 bm on lunar or WS or BH100 I would just be one shotted b:laugh
    Unless the person is charm rapping and using lots of appo is impossible with tt90 gear.Even then it would take a really long time which would make HF not work it.

It can work in FC and maybe bh69/79, but not in abba,sot,warsoul,lunar and TT 3-3.

*snip*

I am going to have to say it would be possible (back before the changes, and even now) to do that without a charm, or apo. A bm who knows what they're doing, and doesn't get too much in over their head, can pull off some bloody amazing and brilliant things, even in rubbish gear. (Granted that is key there, as long as they don't pull every single mob, and are smart about what skills they use at the end of a pull they can do it, they obviously can't leeroy it alone, hell to be honest I wouldn't advise that even these days, don't go in alone, unless you know you can handle whats coming at you.)

Still I do know for a fact I was able to pull lunar, and even full deltas on my bm far better than a lot of barbs back when I was in insanely rubbish gear. (Unfortunately I do not have any videos/pictures to back up this claim, so you can choose to believe me or not, I really don't mind either way... I know there is still a few people out there on Dreamweaver that could say that... that is the truth, but yea I am not going to bother them and ask them to come confirm it. :$ lol) Either way that is a bit besides the point... it IS possible to do some amazing things on a bm in pve... in rubbish gear. (Obviously there is PLENTY they can't do, but they still are brilliant when played right/in the right place.)

--

EDIT: Either way I do still agree with you about her best bet being another sin.

edited July 2014
    Options
    You are very cheeky sir, and I am going to enjoy cutting you down. Let's start shall we?
    Do I have to really explain this to you are you really a sin? is very obvious Celine Dion.b:laugh
    Obvious things don't really need to be explained. If it was so obvious, I should have gotten a hint of it by now, correct? Wrong.

Ok I will "sing" it to you mobs are a complete waste of time why waste time pulling group of mobs and even killing them when you can just holy path/windpush/maze steps and charger orb straight to the boss.Dealing with mobs is annoying and a complete waste of time especially kiting mobs. Any minute you can save the better when farming intances.
    Something her boyfriend has not need to do that even the HF would not be enough to cover the time lost killing mobs unless she very well geared.

You seem to be missing the point, and the fact you keep making puns based on my name (which is not where this name comes from), is repugnant at best. What TT 99 can you walk into and stealth past all the mobs in the instance? NONE. That is correct. N.O.N.E. What FC can you sell without clearing mobs? None. What PV can you stealth? None. What warsong can you do without a mobcount? None. What lunar can you do without a mobcount? None. Shall I go on? Is it starting to sink in yet?

Now for another sin to make killing bosses faster, this would not only mean the sin needs to have a similar weapon, but similar defense as well in case they take aggro. All a BM needs is HF,demon is prefered. And due to FSP dropping page prices faster than Showteks mailing list, it's not only easier to attain, it's cheaper. Subsea is only 30%, 50% if sage. Hf is 90%, Demon HF is 100%. You talk about killing mobs is a waste of time, when in 80+% of farming instances, you need a mobcount anyway, so you might as well pull and kill them all....at the same time.

Not only that she would had to be very well geared to be able to tank and pull mobs in some instances as a sin she would only need to survive enough for aoe damage since the main sin will keep aggro get most of the damage from bosses.What is the piont of having a **** geared sin farm with a high geared one? It offers little to no support besides ribstrike and Subsea, while a BM offers HF/Buddhas gaurd/Bell (incase of purge) and is generally more tanky than a sin.

Also she is a female it would be weird if your ingame girlfriend was a hairy beast b:laugh so the barb is out of the question lol.You are laughing but this line makes you sound like a misogynistic a-hole. Some of the best geared barbs on the my server are female players, and my ingame wife/irl fiance plays a barb as well, and I don't think its wierd at all. You have a big mouth, and should learn more about the people you talk about, before you spew this kind of **** on public forums.

80% of the fun most females gets from this game is fashion and fashioning a barb would not be so exiting for a female lol.Do you even know 80% of the females on this game? No, then you can't speak for the female population. On top of that, most of the females i come accross find barbs cute, and complement and dress my own barb in fashions on a regular basis.

A barb/bm duo with sin is great when playing with people in bh/fsp/WS.I can solo warsong, I don't need a barb/bm/another sin/cleric. I would prefer a bm/cleric over a barb/another sin in there anyday.

But reading her description is obvious he is soloing intances since he saying she is holding him back.So if she plays as sin she would not bother him or slow him down at all no matter how well or bad geared she is.Try soloing primal fear/emp/collest/relic of wind/mystical jyrax/steelation/etc with a squishy duo partner in the aoe. Your arguments are full of flaws and logic gaps.

You seem to barely comprehend the things you say. How sad.

You didn't seem to understand his post. FACT IS, you don't know if the OP is that kind of player. FACT is you don't have a demographic of all women on PWI to make even half the claims this guy made. Stereotype's don't have a core of truth, they take little things out of context. Not only is it a stereotype, but society teaches most women to behave in such a way. Mysogonism is saying something based on a gender stereotype, generally negative against females. He said exactly that. He assumed the OP was a fashion addict, without knowing the OP. THAT IS a gender stereotype, most women=/= all women, and most women=/= this woman. If you can't understand that logic, you are just as bad as those that think women are second class citizens. And this is the OP's only post on the forums, so we have 0 evidence to say what he said. He used bias stereotypes in his post, it's unethical.
  • peckked
    peckked Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I've done many many mobless lunar runs using Share the Stealth with a full squad and a few duo with just a bm. I'm not sure, but I think the mob count thing in there might be glitched. Either that or I'm just really really lucky :D Also I was taking the left pillar path which of course has easier bosses. Never tried the right/bh path this way.

There's also mobless ws... which I'm generally not a big fan of unless I'm just farming badges. However, it can be done with just a sin and bm. Not sure if another combo would work nearly as well or at all.

TBH I'm surprised that I haven't seen discounted fcc runs where the mobs weren't cleared. Almost any rebirthed toon with 10x gear with a decent genie and maybe a running pot, should be able to just make a mad dash for the br where the mobs can't follow. Not that it's hard to clear the mobs... just a thought. I may try this on an 88 archer (non rb) I'm slowly levelling to see how feasible it really is. Could also create a market for running pots in Snowy.. who knows.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Cleric works for those times where...uhh...you actually need more than bp heals and a geared one can just faceroll tank everything.

Demon veno can replace a BM to an extent as well with demon nova while bringing 100% purge, amp, and 0 pdef proc into it too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Cleric works for those times where...uhh...you actually need more than bp heals and a geared one can just faceroll tank everything.

Demon veno can replace a BM to an extent as well with demon nova while bringing 100% purge, amp, and 0 pdef proc into it too.

I really do appreciate demon nova, when a BM can't be found.
  • Gingerpubes - Morai
    Gingerpubes - Morai Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Im a +10 rrr9 2x garnet aps sin
    Started running TT 3-3 with a 5aps +12 Abysmal Tides Demon BM
    Illusion Lord drops in less than one spark cycle b:chuckle ...unglitched
  • Morridune - Raging Tide
    Morridune - Raging Tide Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options

you do realise BM's were soloing instances b4 g16 ?

to OP if you BF has share the stealth you could rly do with any toon but top 1s think would be

BM: HF, GS MSS for if things go lil wrong (tho by sounds this seems less likely as he can already solo), pdeff buff ( most pve damage phys ) speed skills so will keep up, not overly expensive to set up decent aps for bosses and dph for AoE grind

Barb: buffs need little biggin up, great zhen capacity, can work as off tank for wen ur BF gets in trouble with aggro skills, devour, fast enough to keep up wen blitzing through

Veno: pets for added DD, nice set of debuffs, will prolly out run the sin so no issues keeping up, nice damage and some AoE for the pesky time mobs acually need to die

Sin: you're own stealth so no waiting for CD on his share wen u want to rush and reset, Subsea, rib strike and if demon knife throw/throat cut for interrupting bosses
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Seeker was always my favorite. Even with mediocre gear, a seeker can pull and they bring some of the best aoe in the game. Both of these are areas that a sin is naturally lacking in.

To me, that's really all that matters: the inherent balance of your choice of duo. Because let's be honest, if you're going to account for gear, then you shouldn't be talking about duoing, since it's irrelevant.

It really doesn't matter if a BM can make your boss die 30% faster due to HF and aps, if you're already killing that boss in like 30 seconds on your own.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Notgood - Raging Tide
    Notgood - Raging Tide Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Just ask him what he wants o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    At least my team doing the Harlem Shake.
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Best duo partner for Assassin? Spirit of Defense
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.