4th July and no x2 event

Options
Potgod - Sanctuary
Potgod - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
edited July 2014 in General Discussion
As a former navy corp man . I would personaly llike
to thank PWI for the X event on our greatest holiday .......
Post edited by Potgod - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    They gonna do it on the 14th to change a little since this is international :p
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • _LoneWolf - Dreamweaver
    _LoneWolf - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Hi, it makes no sence to put 2x at 14th July because it's the 4th of July that is a great day to all american people. I play this game over 5 years and saddly this is the first year that PWI doesn't put 2x in 4th July to celebrate the Independence Day. If not mistaken in 2009/2010 don't remember exactly PWI put 3x for 24 hours in the 4th July.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited July 2014
    Options
    There's already a fail thread on this.

2x is dead with autoculti. We don't need the economy to tank even more
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    As a European I would like to say, don't care.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • Viktorian - Archosaur
    Viktorian - Archosaur Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    As a former navy corp man . I would personaly llike
    to thank PWI for the X event on our greatest holiday .......
    corps*
    Servers: Archosaur(PvE US West) and Harshlands (PvP US East)
    Chars: Viktorian(100 2Rb Celestial Demon BM) PurpleHealz (100 Celestial Sage Cleric) DagsAway (95 Assassin)
    [SIGPIC][/Sigpic]
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Hi, it makes no sence to put 2x at 14th July because it's the 4th of July that is a great day to all american people.

PWI is not a USA only game anyway...

My post was just a provocation, but I'm at work today and on the 14th it's gonna be a bank holiday for me. So what ? Want a double rate for every public holiday in the world?

There was no *2 for Easter this year as well even if this is more international than the fourth of July.
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • MissMarch - Heavens Tear
    MissMarch - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    PWI is not a USA only game anyway...

The company has an international office -- Perfect World Entertainment -- based in Redwood City, CA, USA

So being ran out of a US City and provided by an US company,it only shows it should support US holidays

Fact pulled from http://www.pwe-inc.com/about
  • MyMate - Dreamweaver
    MyMate - Dreamweaver Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    So should Morai get 2x all the year around cause their servers are in Europe with an European staff (=EU office)? :3
    "In the beginning, it was claimed that all in Perfect World were equal. But now it seems that some are more equal than others..." ~ Lost City Recluse
  • c44102
    c44102 Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Hi, it makes no sence to put 2x at 14th July because it's the 4th of July that is a great day to all american people. I play this game over 5 years and saddly this is the first year that PWI doesn't put 2x in 4th July to celebrate the Independence Day. If not mistaken in 2009/2010 don't remember exactly PWI put 3x for 24 hours in the 4th July.

Where did u see that we will have 2x on the 14th? Sorry ive been looking but havnt found it.
  • Ninety_nine - Dreamweaver
    Ninety_nine - Dreamweaver Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    c44102 wrote: »
    Where did u see that we will have 2x on the 14th? Sorry ive been looking but havnt found it.

Doubt 2x will happen. Don't need it to happen really.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited July 2014
    Options
    c44102 wrote: »

b:shocked read the thread again then click on this link b:surrender
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
  • Vedovis - Lost City
    Vedovis - Lost City Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Please, no 2x :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

| Signature made by Fishy!~ | Semiretired |
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Honestly, I wouldn't mind a crazy exp event in place of drops, like maybe 5x EXP or something if drops are the issue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • marvinhuddleston
    marvinhuddleston Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    2/3 of America have a 4 day weekend and will be doing outside events . But I guess it's good for us .. getting out and doing things ...... As opposed to sitting inside at a computer , spending our Holiday pay on pixels of light .
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    2/3 of America have a 4 day weekend and will be doing outside events . But I guess it's good for us .. getting out and doing things ...... As opposed to sitting inside at a computer , spending our Holiday pay on pixels of light .

and why exactly is that good?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    To get the facts straight from day one playing this crapfest of a game.All x2 events were on mainly when America had their holidays,but can you blame pw for doing that?No because we have the best holidays in the world and the best country too so dont be jelly.
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    To get the facts straight from day one playing this crapfest of a game.All x2 events were on mainly when America had their holidays,but can you blame pw for doing that?No because we have the best holidays in the world and the best country too so dont be jelly.

I live in NA as well, and I feel pretty bad having folks like you running rampant. I genuinely hope that you're not as trolly in real life. It's all relative - I'm sure people in Australia or Britain, etc all feel that they have great holidays as well. Realistically, most first world countries all have holidays of some sorts (or festivals), and county-wide pride for the country. It doesn't mean any specific county is defined as "better" because of that.

There are hundreds of reasons why NA isn't the "best" county. Should we start with taxes? How about medical insurance (Obama-care)? How about minimum wage and inflation of the dollar? How about imports of goods and shipping jobs across seas? How about our government's want and desire to control foreign goods and services (including the Internet)? How about capitalism bending what was once a society that wasn't nearly as greedy and had more of a social economic balance (The top 10% control most media and government sectors in NA)? How about gun control, and how we have no viable method to screen people before handing them a license? How about our drinking age being so high, while other countries have it so low? How about the fact that our drug use is HIGHER than most countries that have the drugs legalized?

...But our country is the "best" right? Absolutely, in some areas. We have the brains that come up with technological, medical, and scientific ideas. Unfortunately, we then outsource the building of said ideas to a Chinese company that pays 50 cents an hour to each employee, which is barely enough to get a slice of bread.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • Peccable - Raging Tide
    Peccable - Raging Tide Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    There's already a fail thread on this.

2x is dead with autoculti. We don't need the economy to tank even more

as much as would like 2x. that is sadly true.
  • jwillson123
    jwillson123 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    People would abuse auto cutli so heavily during a x2 that would make gold reach 4m cap for months.
    Do you want PWI to fix the economy before is to late?
    please support Perfect World International Forum > Suggestion Box
    > Limit Auto Cultivation to 1 hour just like Hyper stones
  • Temeilion - Harshlands
    Temeilion - Harshlands Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Alot of the Non cash shoppers have no money for Gold anyway..whats it matter if its 2.5m or 4m

when everyone not in Rank9,3rd cast already, needs g16...

Yes i know 2x will tank the economy a bit more..but you know what? i dont care..the economy is **`d reguardless

Give me a 2x so i can keep handing out free g16 armor to new players and get my GD server active agian...

**** gold pricess..higher gold just makes cash shoppers want to sell it more anyway

if your going after rank9 gear or trying to find decent priced gst`s mog`s im sorry...

But we have tuns of afk +12 rank 9`s standing around with nothing to do but **** about gold pricess...

meanwhile hardly any of the summertime kids that are new to the game have any chance in hell at getting any improvements..

meaning they will all grow tired of being oneshot and not being able to find groups for anything in game that doesnt require a GD weapon link..and quit

Leaving us in the same shape as always come fall....no newbs...no next Gen of players..and servers packed full of finished Toons who plan on helping no-one but themselves

...2x please..i know others will abuse it..but there are plenty like me who wont make 1 dime off it..i`ll use every single mat i get making gear for someone else who would never have it otherwise...
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Regardless of the auto-culti, they should have at least had an exp event. Or turn on the map event npcthat was here back in Jan(?). There was also the boss event in tellus area that was nice for exp scrolls.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Regardless of the auto-culti, they should have at least had an exp event. Or turn on the map event npcthat was here back in Jan(?). There was also the boss event in tellus area that was nice for exp scrolls.

In fairness, that map thing was likely an accident they didn't even know about entirely. Especially as the date for it didn't seem accurate to it actually being there.

But that doesn't change that I enjoyed having it around, getting free tele stones/incense, and the free daily charms + hypers from the mini-WQ NPC that spawned around lucidsilver time. XD
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    In fairness, that map thing was likely an accident they didn't even know about entirely. Especially as the date for it didn't seem accurate to it actually being there.

But that doesn't change that I enjoyed having it around, getting free tele stones/incense, and the free daily charms + hypers from the mini-WQ NPC that spawned around lucidsilver time. XD

I don't know what fairness has to do with what I said. Accident or not, it is an option. They have options. Instead they did nothing. In lieu of 2x drops, they should plan for something.
  • opkossy
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I don't know what fairness has to do with what I said. Accident or not, it is an option. They have options. Instead they did nothing. In lieu of 2x drops, they should plan for something.

Not really.

Some things they quite likely require permission to do, hence why most suggestions involving "spawn X NPC" or "Make Y do Z" are gonna get shot down because while they seem like options... those are things they'd require permission to do or would have to wait for the devs over in China to handle.

In this case, the NPCs are something they were likely completely unaware of in the first place. Kind of like how we had Hidden Dragon Den for so long here even though what they were told/tell us is that it wasn't available for our version. It's a lot less of an option when the folks in charge of you decide you can't do it.

Something like 2x EXP/Spirit? Yeah that's certainly an option. Something like the Auspicious Event that we already know they have permission to run? Totally an option. Something like those NPCs that odds are they weren't even aware of? Not an option... and that's where you have to be a bit fair to them. Even if what management does makes being fair when it comes to them pretty difficult to do.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Not really.

Some things they quite likely require permission to do, hence why most suggestions involving "spawn X NPC" or "Make Y do Z" are gonna get shot down because while they seem like options... those are things they'd require permission to do or would have to wait for the devs over in China to handle.

In this case, the NPCs are something they were likely completely unaware of in the first place. Kind of like how we had Hidden Dragon Den for so long here even though what they were told/tell us is that it wasn't available for our version. It's a lot less of an option when the folks in charge of you decide you can't do it.

Something like 2x EXP/Spirit? Yeah that's certainly an option. Something like the Auspicious Event that we already know they have permission to run? Totally an option. Something like those NPCs that odds are they weren't even aware of? Not an option... and that's where you have to be a bit fair to them. Even if what management does makes being fair when it comes to them pretty difficult to do.

It is now my understanding that PWE is not a totally separate company which purchases distribution rights, but instead a sub-contractor or branch of Wan Mei in Beijing?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    edited July 2014
    Options
    It is now my understanding that PWE is not a totally separate company which purchases distribution rights, but instead a sub-contractor or branch of Wan Mei in Beijing?
    Basically.

So at the end of the day, China has more control over what happens here than we have over what happens here. Sad, isn't it?
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Basically.

So at the end of the day, China has more control over what happens here than we have over what happens here. Sad, isn't it?

Yeah kind of,
    but it also raises questions about why we don't have certain things.
    You'd think that if CN was in charge of us we'd have similar content/service.

Perhaps it's just that they can't sh*t all over Russia, Malaysia, Korea etc because those territories are actually paying for the product. Sh*tting all over their own stuff however is fine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Yeah kind of,
    but it also raises questions about why we don't have certain things.
    You'd think that if CN was in charge of us we'd have similar content/service.

Perhaps it's just that they can't sh*t all over Russia, Malaysia, Korea etc because those territories are actually paying for the product. Sh*tting all over their own stuff however is fine.
    See, while PWE may be a part of Wanmei, it's PWE that manages this version of the client. What's backwards from that though, is that PWE is unable to touch the files on the server.

The differences in our version from the original PW-CN, are there because PWE management said "we want this....".

@ Temeilion - Harshlands, no one cares if you can gear your server in G16 for free. I'm sick and tired of having the cost of playing the game increase while what little I make on my cleric doesn't.

The game won't ever attract new F2P players in the state it's currently in, and defenitely not when it gets even worse. Which kind of tanks your idea of making your server more active by gearing them. How are you going to shard peoples gear when the stone that was 13m, is currently 60m, will then be 120m. (And we're jot talking about end-game stones here either.)

2x with the bot will make this game no better than all the Private Servers out there. There's a reason most of them aren't around for a long period of time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited July 2014
    Options
    See, while PWE may be a part of Wanmei, it's PWE that manages this version of the client. What's backwards from that though, is that PWE is unable to touch the files on the server.

The differences in our version from the original PW-CN, are there because PWE management said "we want this....".

@ Temeilion - Harshlands, no one cares if you can gear your server in G16 for free. I'm sick and tired of having the cost of playing the game increase while what little I make on my cleric doesn't.

The game won't ever attract new F2P players in the state it's currently in, and defenitely not when it gets even worse. Which kind of tanks your idea of making your server more active by gearing them. How are you going to shard peoples gear when the stone that was 13m, is currently 60m, will then be 120m. (And we're jot talking about end-game stones here either.)

2x with the bot will make this game no better than all the Private Servers out there. There's a reason most of them aren't around for a long period of time.

I meant more along the lines of:

Why don't we participate anymore as part of PWIC Tournament if we are literally part of the people who host it?

Why do we miss out on instances and content such as Hidden Dragon Den and various newer events if we are part of the parent version's company?

Why are we not allowed to spawn bosses/mobs for engaging events? They do. In what way would it be detrimental to our version?

For what reason are our administrators not allowed to edit simple content which any modern fourteen year old would be competent with?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I meant more along the lines of:

Why don't we participate anymore as part of PWIC Tournament if we are literally part of the people who host it?

Why do we miss out on instances and content such as Hidden Dragon Den and various newer events if we are part of the parent version's company?

Why are we not allowed to spawn bosses/mobs for engaging events? They do. In what way would it be detrimental to our version?

For what reason are our administrators not allowed to edit simple content which any modern fourteen year old would be competent with?
    My guess without invoking the legalese PWE deals with:

Because their policies make no sense to us, yet we have to follow them anyways.

What we'd call "showing initiative in the workplace," and commend, they'd call "insubordination" and be VERY annoyed about. As the first example that comes to mind.

So... yeah.... :/

Doesn't help that the things we DO have control over aren't exactly being handled that well.... but that's a bag of complaints for another topic.