Remember?

LostPoet - Dreamweaver
LostPoet - Dreamweaver Posts: 396 Arc User
edited September 2014 in General Discussion
Remember when Gold was ~600,000?
- Economy was good. People could farm, people could cash, and they could balance with only a few players being outrageous at times.

Remember when there was more balance in gears?
- Where attack was not significantly higher then defense? When hitting people for 1k-2k actually was a lot? When it actually took multiple people to take down a barb pulling a cata? instead of a Seeker Zerk+crit and one shot a barb with magic attack?

Remember when you enjoyed playing?
- When people weren't 1 shots and bosses couldn't be killed alone using Macros.
- You had to use your abilities to successfully run instances and kill people.

Remember when PWI was a game? and not a job?
- So many Dailies, feel like a secretary. Collect the pact, collect keys, collect energy, run this errand, etc...

Remeber when you earned what you had and didn't mooch?
-So many people always asking for handouts nowadays when I remember joining Pub squads in world chat and splitting drops from a TT run. I didn't solo aps farm TT and make money. I ran pub squads to get all my mats / money.

Just trying to think of good memories of PWI. What do you guys / girls remember? b:surrender
YOUTUBE:
youtube.com/user/lostpoetgaming

twitch LIVE STREAM + MORE VIDEOS:
twitch.tv/thelostpoet/profile
Post edited by LostPoet - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Remember when Orchid Temple was buzzing with pvping?

Pepperidge farm remembers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • LostPoet - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2014

Remember when Orchid Temple was buzzing with pvping?

Pepperidge farm remembers.

+1

I wasn't much into that back in the day probably because my gear sucked.

But I loved watching and learning PvP!
    YOUTUBE:

• Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Remember when we actually had creative people enjoying the game and sharing their joy in the fanatics and screenshot sections? Yep ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • hiitsmeguys
    hiitsmeguys Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Remember when you kissed a girl for the first time?

Remember the best summer nights of your life?

Remember your high points and achievements in life?

Remember the people who were there for you when you needed them most?

Me neither, I rather remember and reminisce about gold prices and other useless **** for the ten thousandth time.
  • Ninety_nine - Dreamweaver
    Ninety_nine - Dreamweaver Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    -snip-
    I remember when gold was 150k.
    I could farm for it easily and would get excited when I would occasionally cash shop when it had hot 300k.
    Heck I even miss nirvana. Spamming nirvy runs during 2x was insane.
    Saving hundreds of them keys lol.
    Even could make a decent amount being an opener back when nirvana was around.

yep, got edited, figures.
  • LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Me neither, I rather remember and reminisce about gold prices and other useless **** for the ten thousandth time.

Honestly, +1 this

Its just a game and nothing more, a way to pass free time, occasionally a hobby, but it isn't life. Reminiscing about past in a game when one should remember good times in life is a bit of a fail.

Back in the day there was a lot more people needed in the game, less coins, less gold. As you have more gold, more coins, and less of what people need, supply and demand rears its ugly head.
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Ah. You're one of *those* people.

You know, the ones that just *have* to jump in and tsk and say "get a life, loser" whenever the opportunity strikes.

It's a PWI forum. People are gonna talk about PWI, whether you think it's worth talking about or not. If you *don't* think it's a worthwhile subject, Go Somewhere Else.

OnTopic:

When gold was 130k

When it was economically viable to buy a hammer to open a 1m chest

When people farmed mats for wines (otherwise know as BT - Before Tokens)

When WC was filled with people wanting to do your FB's for you for REP

Before BH's, before autopath, before *genies*

When you had to look up the locations of all the World Quest spots

When you could be a lvl 60 barb, pull cata and *win*

When 20k HP was an impossible dream
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • LostPoet - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2014
    Ah. You're one of *those* people.

You know, the ones that just *have* to jump in and tsk and say "get a life, loser" whenever the opportunity strikes.

It's a PWI forum. People are gonna talk about PWI, whether you think it's worth talking about or not. If you *don't* think it's a worthwhile subject, Go Somewhere Else.

+1 this...

exactly what I was going to say! b:chuckle
    YOUTUBE:

• Fryvorg - Sanctuary
    Fryvorg - Sanctuary Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I remember selling stuff way under the market value.

I remember being all confused about abbreviations.

I remember I sometimes caused squad wipes due to only relying on Wellspring Surge in early squad play, and no one told me to do differently until FB69. (Thanks to whoever that was, I also started reading forums then b:thanks)

I remember when I temporarily dropped boots on the floor to tidy up my inv and someone next to me picked them up and flew away too fast so I couldn't pm him.

I remember Wizzeled, Sanc's worst wc spammer.

I remember taking hours to group up for full delta just to find out the barb's not capable of pulling stage 9 alone.

Good times.

Twist: Enjoy what you have/do/are now.
    World is full of illusions.

What if I played a Cleric?

All Joy In Keeping Us Medically Energetic.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    Broken Bow Bluff/The Mines in 08/early 09.

A place where setting up a catshop was totally profitable because you'd always see at least 20ish people out there competing over the mobs for a while before squadding up because it was the only way to get those quests done.

Back when the blue glow of any 3* weapon was a sign you were elite and the green glow of TT was so rare you'd get focused on immediately when you showed up with one. A time when reaching level 89 was an accomplishment in and of itself and something we all dreamed of. Not to mention our super active community in fanatics and screenshots and all the awesome forum topics we had back then.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited July 2014
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Broken Bow Bluff/The Mines in 08/early 09.

A place where setting up a catshop was totally profitable because you'd always see at least 20ish people out there competing over the mobs for a while before squadding up because it was the only way to get those quests done.

Back when the blue glow of any 3* weapon was a sign you were elite and the green glow of TT was so rare you'd get focused on immediately when you showed up with one. A time when reaching level 89 was an accomplishment in and of itself and something we all dreamed of. Not to mention our super active community in fanatics and screenshots and all the awesome forum topics we had back then.
    Ahh, back when people actually knew how to play and work as a team.

I remember waiting like a month to do my FB69 because there were only two barbs on the server that could tank Polearm, and we'd drag them through 5 or 6 runs a night.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Remember when Gold was ~600,000?
    - Economy was good. People could farm, people could cash, and they could balance with only a few players being outrageous at times.

I remember when Gold was 100,000.

But I also remember no one having Rank 8 and TT99 being endgame.
    Remember when you enjoyed playing?
    - When people weren't 1 shots and bosses couldn't be killed alone using Macros.
    - You had to use your abilities to successfully run instances and kill people.

For me, that stopped with Nation Wars. NW killed off Nirvana, which was what I had been doing for quite a while.

And believe it or not, I actually enjoyed grinding for DQ points during 2x drops to get Event Gold so I could refine stuff and get charms.
    Remember when PWI was a game? and not a job?
    - So many Dailies, feel like a secretary. Collect the pact, collect keys, collect energy, run this errand, etc...

If I can get a job where I become a billionaire by buying things in bulk, turning around and selling them to people for a profit, I sure don't know where.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • MontRei - Dreamweaver
    MontRei - Dreamweaver Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Remember when you'd get blue spam because you had FB tabs?

Remember blue spam because of the Nirvana 100 key quest?

Remember when Auction House was packed with molds and purple gear?

Remember when Silver Pool was full of players? (and mines as well, ty for the reminder Kossy)

Remember when 89 fairy/hamburger imposed some respect? Seriously, if you had one it meant you were high level and dangerous.

Remember when it took 4 squads to kill a world boss?

Remember when people would get a world chat with their names on it from friends just for reaching 89 sage/demon?

Remember when you could count on one hand the amount of people who had a r8 weapon?

Remember when people did quests and FC was a gear instance?

Remember when people would squad up to do quests or just kill mobs because it was the only way to gain experience (besides Crazy Stone/Paperclip)?

I could do this all night, ah the nostalgia b:cry
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    When it was economically viable to buy a hammer to open a 1m chest

Wow, when was this? date/time frame wise. I joined end of 2010, and i never found this option viable.
  • opkossy
    edited July 2014
    Wow, when was this? date/time frame wise. I joined end of 2010, and i never found this option viable.

Mid to late 09 prior to packs first being released.

When the supply stash first came out, they were actually worth it because the tome and level 55+ items made up for the costs easily. Then Chest of Coins came along and gold jumped to around 200k as a result. It was still slightly worth it for a supply stash and on a good day you could profit from chest of coins too, but it became much more subjective and most decided not to bother. Then packs came along with the first anniversary and... well... we all know where it went from there.
  • _SheeLah_ - Dreamweaver
    _SheeLah_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I remember quest areas filled with other players and actually making friends and playing together..

I remember one of the biggest QQ was the kill stealing...

I remember standing in "line" to get krimson done...

I remember having a certain pick order for the TT drops in squad...

I remember thinking that green glowing weapon was awesome and I wanted one so badly...

I remember the days before bh and auto path...

I remember opening that supply stash for that shiny blue weapon thinking I was awesome LOL

I remember when people use to break there necks to get into an FB for that rep...when you had tabs, you were sure to get people flocking to you LOL
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Remember the lines to Oracle bosses?

Remember how Jewelscalen roflstomped high levels?

Remember players forming BH 29 in SP and BH 39 at Sundown Town?

Remember TM 69 squads?

Remember being OP if you had took the time to do DQ quests having those epic lvl 60 wristguards?

Remember zhenning on rockenwolves?

Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    If I can get a job where I become a billionaire by buying things in bulk, turning around and selling them to people for a profit, I sure don't know where.

You'd need a time machine to become walmart.

I remember when fashion used to be released to boutique on a regular basis and me and my facmates could have fun playing around with the latest fashion.

When I got dibs on making money just because I healed.

When people posted fun threads, and interesting debates on the forums were the norm.

When I made a new character and would meet all types of interesting new people and the lowbie could support itself.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Liam_ - Sanctuary
    Liam_ - Sanctuary Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I was also around when gold was 100k.

I think the point where I quit for good was a few months after NW was released, when I hit an awful RNG streak and got nothing but chips from BH for 3 weeks straight. b:chuckle
    Vana was dead. NW tokens had plummeted, TT was poor money. No one ran delta. Questing was pointless. Kinda ended up relying on those little 1m cards dropping in BH to get anywhere. Once I realized it wasn't actually fun anymore, I moved to a subscription mmo and never looked back. The jump in overall quality is absolutely insane.

However, I do miss the community. Some of the nicest people I've met in online gaming have been PWI.
  • Niob - Harshlands
    Niob - Harshlands Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I remember when flyers weren't available for most classes until lv 30 and I waisted loads of time just walking to places and getting lost (Archosaur was a nightmare)

I remember when there was no autopath and I wasted lots of time trying to find a npc

I remember when I had to waste a lot of time grinding so I could level up

I remember when there was no starter area with entertaining, varied quests and stuff like pets, mounts and flyers I could get for free

I remember what it was like to play some time ago and to be honest I like it much better now. Now I'm actually enjoying playing the game instead of getting frustrated and bored to death doing the same thing over and over again.
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Remember when it took days or weeks to find a high enough person to kill General Feng

Remember when you used to squad up for all the mini bosses and you needed a cleric

Remember when you would ask people near you, everywhere, to squad up for normal quests

Remember Wraith Attacks

Remember getting lost in all the BH's cause everyone was there for the first time, or the people helping you had only been in them once or twice

Remember making mold weapons and gears at all levels cause they were good stuff
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited July 2014
    Remember when it took days or weeks to find a high enough person to kill General Feng

Remember when you used to squad up for all the mini bosses and you needed a cleric

Remember when you would ask people near you, everywhere, to squad up for normal quests

Remember Wraith Attacks

Remember getting lost in all the BH's cause everyone was there for the first time, or the people helping you had only been in them once or twice

Remember making mold weapons and gears at all levels cause they were good stuff
    Wraith attacks still happen, Duke just doesn't announce them anymore. Which makes it more special when you find one than it did when they were announced. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kittysama - Raging Tide_1432680721
    edited July 2014
    Kitty remembers times when she had to search for ***- -req gears to gear up her HA-veno and how she pulled in FC with those as a little 4k base HP veno.

Kitty remembers when it was easy to find squads for BH29 and BH39, some being formed every hour.

Kitty remembers when culti mini-bosses were absolutely too much to kill alone at level(except for pet-tanking veno).

Kitty remembers when everyone knew their roles in squads already at 80 and just honed their squadplay skills in FC(while trying to level-up, ofc).

Kitty remembers how she tried to lower teleprices to about 10500 and how she got smoked out of the market by a certain blue-white sin.

Kitty remembers when gold was just about 1mil coins.

Kitty remembers when lowbies wondered 70s ppl and kindly asked for guidance to learn their classes better.

Kitty remembers the pain of farming DQ for her every main to get flyers for them and running around when Supply Stash flyers had expired.

Kitty remembers how venos tanked the bosses with their pets in FC if no barb present in squad.

Kitty remembers how she wondered about what's that mystical Nirvana ppl were looking squads for.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Final ragequit on 21/02/2014 'cause ARC. Back on 15/04/2014, RL was bored.
    Ten Paths of Kittyness(old mains when deleted): Kittysama 100(100) Sage HA-Venomancer |Aivina 100(101) Sage (ex-Zerk) Str. Seeker | Kittytart 90(101) Demon All path Zerk BM | KittyFishie 92(101) Demon APS/DPH Zerk Assassin | Haroin 100(100) Demon Vit. Zerk Barbarian | Elfborn 82(100) Demon Cleric | Pessimiste 85(100) Sage Wizard | PalavaEnkeli 87(100) Demon Fist/APS-Archer | VerenVanki 85(100) Demon Mystic | MerenPeto 85(100) Sage Psychic
    Current mains: Old psy and 19 new/recreated mains(avg. level 82)
  • veronicae
    veronicae Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Remember when there were only 6 classes?

Remember when Krimson could only be done by a "high" level barb and a cleric to purify?

Remember when big factions ran boss days for lowbies because they actually needed the bosses on the map and weren't some high levels alts?

Remember when there was no bh and about only 2 dailies to be done?

Remember when having tt80 gold was special and op?

Remember when people used to wait at the start of delta for the waves to approach instead of doing spawn point delta and needed to use the auras as well in order to survive?

Remember when tokens used to 11k?

sealightnewsig_zpsfd599c1f.png
  • opkossy
    edited July 2014
    11k tokens? Puh-lease.

Remember when packs first came out where 20k was considered the standard price for tokens? b:cute

Simba... REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE!
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I remember most of the above,
    Till I took an arrow to the knee/flipper from PWI.

As to Tokens not being worth less than 20K, I respectfully disagree,

I sold Tokens of Luck from packs to catshops for 9.5k to 11k near Banker at West Arch. on Dreamweaver and bought them from 10.5k to 12.5k range from the very same catshops at other times, never paid over 13k for them no matter what the pack value was. I do realize things have changed since then.
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I remember when people used to stand around HH and form a BH squad.
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    OPKossy wrote: »
    11k tokens? Puh-lease.

Remember when packs first came out where 20k was considered the standard price for tokens? b:cute

Simba... REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE!

Nope but I remember buying tokens for 4k each because people did not yet know you could turn them into wines and get about 10k per token that way. And that was when packs first came out.
  • opkossy
    edited July 2014
    Nope but I remember buying tokens for 4k each because people did not yet know you could turn them into wines and get about 10k per token that way. And that was when packs first came out.

Oh gosh me and other merchants made so much free coin doing that from people early on.

And even when the majority caught on, there were still people who'd sell to catshops for below 10k and give extra profit from that. b:chuckle