GM Coin Collection Event

Crygol - Sanctuary
Crygol - Sanctuary Posts: 57 Arc User
edited July 2014 in General Discussion
I have a question regarding this event..

Are there going to be a different raffle for each item or 1 raffle where they pick 13 players and give them their desired item. If its the 2nd option (which from reading the post it seems like it is) why would anyone choose a lower price instead of a Scroll of Tome?
Post edited by Crygol - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I think they just have no idea abour the prices of those items IG.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Crygol - Sanctuary
    Crygol - Sanctuary Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    They should be aware of the probabilities of getting each one from packs tho b:chuckle
  • foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    hahaha wow.Instead of a fun, interactive, well thought out event. They make a lame raffle where you get a chance to win something. Are their pack sales down that much that they have to try and take the players in game money now?
    NGTUy53.png

• MyMate - Dreamweaver
    MyMate - Dreamweaver Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I think I missunderstood the news post at first so I have to ask. Is it the item you request you will get if you win, no matter how many people have requested that item? So a total of 16 SoTs can be sent out?
    "In the beginning, it was claimed that all in Perfect World were equal. But now it seems that some are more equal than others..." ~ Lost City Recluse
  • plusonepostcount
    plusonepostcount Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    b:laughsend me 1 big mil note and ur guaranteed to get a plat hp charm lost city server b:victory least you'd get something right? **** raffles period pwi's rng is already bad enough as is. Making events have the same rng as well as only those who are wealthy be the top contenders makes it no funner and less appealing. Your really shooting yourselves in the foot with theses types of events. Bring back the **** like running lowbie fbs in speed runs and change it up somehow but make it something everyone can participate in and have a chance at winning. BTW b4 someone say's I'm just whining cause I'm f2p player or poor person I've dropped over 500$ on game in last 2 months IJS for one toon alone.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I like how they did put a 5m item in the list (Frostcovered Sign Force) while there's a 1b item (Scroll of Tome).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • IshidaUryuu - Raging Tide
    IshidaUryuu - Raging Tide Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    This raffle is amazing!!! Its meant to be a coin sink LOL but really fail at coinsink who would wantto waste their ingame coins for something that you cant even garantee your gonna win....

Good job PWI Good Jobb:victory
  • Syyfee - Sanctuary
    Syyfee - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    And still I'm quite sure many will send 1 bignote with the note for getting SoT. what is 10mil against 1bil right xD Looking at the things they are, i think most make more with their bots per day <_<
  • LostPoet - Dreamweaver
    LostPoet - Dreamweaver Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The rich will get richer, and the poor will stay poor.
    People who are fully geared can simply throw the coin around allowing them to get a few items which will probably guarantee them a expensive item that probably will make them richer.
    b:cry

PWI - nice try at my NPC Coin absorption idea, but good job at making a totally messed up event.
    b:surrender
    YOUTUBE:
    youtube.com/user/lostpoetgaming

twitch LIVE STREAM + MORE VIDEOS:
    twitch.tv/thelostpoet/profile
  • Nikitok - Raging Tide
    Nikitok - Raging Tide Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I would participate, if there was a way of proving winners legitimacy?
    And just out of curiosity - are prizes bound or tradable?
    [SIGPIC]C:\Documents and Settings\Nick\Desktop\pwi[/SIGPIC]
  • wilfnstein78
    wilfnstein78 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I just tried ALL the mailboxes and not one exists for my server b:shutup
  • kallikashnikow
    kallikashnikow Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Well.... There once was this certain player on Morai server who posted a screen of his inventory with 1000 big notes in it (guess everyone knows who Im talking about xD). Even if most of that money is spent he (or other players that rich on any server) can easily send 50 or 100+ big notes, get a SoT and sell it for 1.5 or 2b. Is that raffle supposed to work like that?^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Well.... There once was this certain player on Morai server who posted a screen of his inventory with 1000 big notes in it (guess everyone knows who Im talking about xD). Even if most of that money is spent he (or other players that rich on any server) can easily send 50 or 100+ big notes, get a SoT and sell it for 1.5 or 2b. Is that raffle supposed to work like that?^^

its 2000 now and i wont participate in that, dont worry.
    its too risky to even consider :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Yeah guys.

Use 044472baffbffc4286bc723086ed5a541404412928.jpg as the example and not do all lowercase. :x

/5char
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    its 2000 now and i wont participate in that, dont worry.
    its too risky to even consider :)

Of course lol.
    4 people sending 100 big notes. 3 out of 4 getting SoT. 4th one getting nothing. It would be fun though b:chuckle
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • GlenRoss - Archosaur
    GlenRoss - Archosaur Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'm gonna take a pass on this.

Those with a ton of money are gonna buy the Scrolls of Tome. Those who think this is an actual game of chance are gonna sink a lot of money into the SoT only to have comparable odds to getting one out of a pack. (No, I haven't done the math on that hyperbolic assertion and yes, I realize that the random drawing DOES make it a game of chance, albeit one that is tilted heavily away from those who will be most tempted to buy a few chances.)

Then will come the flood of tickets from people who discover, too late, that they sent their money to the wrong address. Could we sticky a QQ thread, now, so as to avoid 30 new "I got screwed" threads?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    biggest way how to lose money

there can be person who send 200mil and yet not enough and totally lose money

sounds like a scam for me :/

• bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Not only is this a coin sink where it's possible (and very probable) to receive nothing in return for your goods, but it's also not very well thought out. It absolutely without a doubt caters to people who spend money in the game. When real money = gold, which can be sold for coin, then this instantly makes this "event" not about who FARMS (and actually plays the game), but about who SPENDS cash in the game the most.

This isn't an event. This is a raffle for the cash-shoppers to have a chance at acquiring something of greater value, and it's dumb.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • Barberik - Archosaur
    Barberik - Archosaur Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    For a second i thought we were in April again... they know its 4th of july not April first?

the way i read it thers 13 Single winers... and i blv i counted 13 indivgual items... 1 winner per server... since thers 13 servers....

Nice Job PWI.... WINNERS!!!!

whers 2x drops,xp and coins.... thats WAY better....

NEFU Out.
  • FlyingStab - Archosaur
    FlyingStab - Archosaur Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    This event just made me lol, and really i actually laugh out loud when i read how it work. People were beging for coin sinks so the best idea they got was make the people who dont have much coins take a risk and loose 10m and get absolutly nothing and the people that have ton of coins get the SOT cheaper or get nothing depending on who the GM want to give the SoT as a gift. I think if Robing Hood exist and had a chance to read about this event he will try to commit suicide with his own bow. Do the GMs staff has any clue about the game to put a froscovered sign and a SoT on same list and they let u pick one? Really, we all know the GM staff has no clue about how the economy inside the game works, its really no need to post it on the game news and even brag making an event about it.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    >Lunar Glade Insigs

Replace that with a Deity/JoSD shard

>Frostcovered Sign

Replace that with Matchless Wings or Wings of Cloudcharger

>Champ Scroll

Replace it with a Crown of Madness

Then this would be a lot more attractive~
    Perhaps not, but it would at least make it a bit more worthwhile.

An addendum:

Rewards are given to:

Top 5 donators per server

Random 20 entrants per server
    :shrug:

On top of that, they could hold the event every month.....or every two weeks. Maybe everyone who enters gets a chance at one of 3 consolation prizes (Frostcovered Sign, D/S Event Card, or and one other item)Ω
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • SneakyZoe - Morai
    SneakyZoe - Morai Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Serious PWI you really failed with this event.

1. Key sensitive warnings
    If I look up to Event description with my German client on EU page its different and still not change. There are a lot of people who not check this forum and special not the people != US.

Why EU PWI does not fix it urgently to avoid further mistakes by the players?
    It is only a short fix in text?
    ... and for more activities: You also could disable the characters with lower letters to avoid more failures.

You re lucky that I already know that EU PWI is not able to manage such events right. Otherwise, I would think this should only push more the coin sink!

2. Coin Sink
    We have too much money in game and you want to reduce it by such events?
    I bet the chance to win is much more rare as to get these items out of packages otherwise you will not reach your goals.

I really hope you will get back to more serious activities and I even more hope that you will give the money back for those people who send their money to the wrong mailbox!
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    biggest way how to lose money

there can be person who send 200mil and yet not enough and totally lose money

sounds like a scam for me :/

Yup this is ridiculous, only 13 people will get something and everyone else will have lost money. (I would LOVE to know how much coins total they will have receive all servers together)

The gold raffle is okay cause people don't ''pay'' for it, they still get the items they buy with the golds so they lose nothing, but that? You give money away and that's it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    Call me crazy, but actually like that they did TRY to get rid of some of these excess coins. The actual implementation...not so much. The prizes need to be improved to make this type of thing worthwhile though. And perhaps some small untradeable item given out to anyone who participates. Something you wouldn't have been too mad to have spent 10 mil on, but not something major. Maybe some of those bound crabmeats per entry that would equal the token price amount, or some apoth, maybe some bloods. Something along those lines.
    And hopefully they repair that blog post soon!

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Call me crazy, but actually like that they did TRY to get rid of some of these excess coins. The actual implementation...not so much. The prizes need to be improved to make this type of thing worthwhile though. And perhaps some small untradeable item given out to anyone who participates. Something you wouldn't have been too mad to have spent 10 mil on, but not something major. Maybe some of those bound crabmeats per entry that would equal the token price amount, or some apoth, maybe some bloods. Something along those lines.
    And hopefully they repair that blog post soon!

Just give an event gold card or a plat HP charm. Obv per acc, not entry.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    Just give an event gold card or a plat HP charm. Obv per acc, not entry.

I like that idea too. And to encourage more entries make all the items winnable more worthwhile, a frostcovered sign force? What is this 2009? Like maybe have something like scroll of tome in there and other such items. But give one of the winners (chosen completely at random once you have a list of winners so all 13 have the same chances) one of those helms. That helm is so rare it might as well not exist at all. Something hard to get your hands on to encourage lots of coin being sent in and removed. And make sure whatever is bound so it can't be turned around and sold. We also have unreleased flyers. Maybe some of those. Something you'd be the only person to have.

I still think the best solution though is to actually introduce an NPC coin sink. But obviously GMs do not have that type of power. It's nice to see them trying to be proactive about it regardless but I think the way this is being implemented is a mess as it is.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Typical PWI community. The GMs finally try to do something about the problems in the game, and all they get is [female dog]ing.

I think we can't even say "this isn't the greatest idea, but thanks for trying", this is more like this is the only kind of stuff they can do.

If you all expect long term solutions like introduction of valuable items that can be bought with coins, or some check on the bots, keep dreaming, because only China if they are willing will do something about it.

And could someone correct me on something if I'm wrong. Didn't in the news page say that you need to write in the letter the item you would like to win?
  • Liam_ - Sanctuary
    Liam_ - Sanctuary Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    My current large popular subscription MMO (silly "no naming other mmo" rules) is currently going through a content drought while they prepare for the next expansion, so I thought I'd drop by and check how the game that I once enjoyed, many years ago, is going.

I've seen dating sevices, broken core instances, legal botting, giveaways in tatters and all sorts of crazy things since I left that have reminded why I left... but this one really made me laugh. b:chuckle

Do you guys still have your legal botting and tokens of best luck spam dropping 5m's? How on earth is a terribly implemented coin sink going to fix anything when a game pumps billions into the economy by the week? It's like sticking a bucket under a leaking tap, without fixing the tap. I noticed a comment about SoT being 1b, when I left they were like 400m O_o Gold was about 1.3, dread to think what it is now.

Surely they can do better for gold sinks though. 13 winners probably gives smaller odds than a pack, yet you pay 10m a pop? In other games, a gold sink gives you a 3 seater mount with 2 useful vendors. Ofc, that would cost resources without profit.

Well w/e, just yet another reason to steer clear of PWI. :/
  • Euzebe - Sanctuary
    Euzebe - Sanctuary Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Sounds like the PWI equivalent to an email from a Nigerian prince. b:victory
  • s1s9
    s1s9 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    My brother sent 150big note for scroll of tome, its 1.5billion. So wait his name for being sure winner. He said its just like buying luad ingame. I sent 5bignote only, and thats really funny if i win too. :)

And we sent 100+ email each gm with one coin. :p but different account. So no one can send anymore:p heheh we did it for the first 2hours after the event started:)