are you kidding me?

Comments

• manonfire5555
    manonfire5555 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It's not the best idea but it's an idea nonetheless. Stupid or not, it would a decent coin sink for those who would want the scroll of tome. To be honest I feel that the PWI community is acting too pessimistic just because the idea don't fit their expectation. One of the reason that gold prices are high is because the total amount of capital is increasing with a lesser playerbase. However, the results would be minimal to the huge capital. I'm not the kind of person that look down upon those who try, but this is a start. Hopefully they come up with better ideas since wanmei is too slow to address the issue, still waiting on that expansion....
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Becaus that would mean waiting for china to implement it, which could take anything from 1month to never happening. Events is one of the few things PWE can do on their own.

i hear that china excuse way too often. just because they dont bother doing it,doesnt mean they dont have the power to do so.

newsflash: they can send you basically every item in the game without calling china.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • _Elax_ - Raging Tide
    _Elax_ - Raging Tide Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    If it intended to be a coin sink "attempt", then why would they make a gold-sink event (war avatar raffle) at the very same time? I mean if they want to bring gold price down they are doing it the wrong way.
  • MyMate - Dreamweaver
    MyMate - Dreamweaver Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    i hear that china excuse way too often. just because they dont bother doing it,doesnt mean they dont have the power to do so.

newsflash: they can send you basically every item in the game without calling china.

Yes, but what would u rather have them do? Wait for china to fix things or do whatever they can to fix it themself. And I agree the items are a bir lame, more vauluable stuff would have been better.
    If it intended to be a coin sink "attempt", then why would they make a gold-sink event (war avatar raffle) at the very same time? I mean if they want to bring gold price down they are doing it the wrong way.

The raffel is a CHARGE event, not a spend event. So what it hopefully do is make people charge, sell the gold for coin and send the coin to GM, effectivly making coin decrease and gold increase. In theory.
    "In the beginning, it was claimed that all in Perfect World were equal. But now it seems that some are more equal than others..." ~ Lost City Recluse
  • _Elax_ - Raging Tide
    _Elax_ - Raging Tide Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The raffel is a CHARGE event, not a spend event. So what it hopefully do is make people charge, sell the gold for coin and send the coin to GM, effectivly making coin decrease and gold increase. In theory.

Ah, I see. Well, that is a really cheesy way to do it... b:shocked
  • Cristalwhite - Harshlands
    Cristalwhite - Harshlands Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Here is the way to make a correct Coin-Sink:

pwi create a shop account which keep selling the pack-stuff for alot Money in a catshop.
    all the money which go to the shop by other Players will just stay on that account.

result = perma coin sink and happy Player that they can use the Money directly on somthing usefull an not on just a Chance for somthing.
    And also it would stabilize the Price of Pack items.

if the Money wont be reused then the Money wont circulate which at the end will lower the circulated Money.

is that a great idea?

wtb Scroll of Tome 400 mil b:laugh
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Here is the way to make a correct Coin-Sink:

pwi create a shop account which keep selling the pack-stuff for alot Money in a catshop.
    all the money which go to the shop by other Players will just stay on that account.

result = perma coin sink and happy Player that they can use the Money directly on somthing usefull an not on just a Chance for somthing.
    And also it would stabilize the Price of Pack items.

if the Money wont be reused then the Money wont circulate which at the end will lower the circulated Money.

is that a great idea?

wtb Scroll of Tome 400 mil b:laugh

They could just perma spawn a random unused NPC(there are alot of them) and add stuff to the vendor list of said NPC. Any one that is aware on how to use the interface a PWI-Server offers can do that task in under 10 minutes. there is no excuse and that has nothing to do with China.

That would be the only solution. I just don't know why they can't see that PWE themselves benefit the most from this. Anyone would benefit from this.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    Not the most elegant method but at least they're trying to do what they can with what they have.

I do hope this gets a decent few participants. Considering it's only 4 character mailboxes per server, you actually have a fairly decent chance of winning with just 1 big note unless your server is filled with people willing to play a huge gamble and send in far more than an item's value in hopes of getting it.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    OPKossy wrote: »
    you actually have a fairly decent chance of winning with just 1 big note unless your server is filled with people willing to play a huge gamble and send in far more than an item's value in hopes of getting it.

True Kossy, but i refer you back to my earlier topic http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1700161

Makes more sense now b:mischievous.

I'll participate because 10m = 1~2 days worth of botting on two characters simultaneously. Would i win? probably not. Is the above an effective coin sink, nopes.

Let's see if they take these events to the next level and actually put better prizes in.
  • opkossy
    edited July 2014
    Pfft. Your thread was a gold sink, not a coin sink. XD

Totally agree that this isn't the most effective way they could have done it... but it is a start and shows someone managed to get the people in charge to realize they need to do something. Even if they had to use a... less than stellar method to have it done. b:chuckle
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Considering it's only 4 character mailboxes per server.

I wonder how long we will have to wait before seeing some QQing because those mailboxes are full. Good luck to the staff regarding the detection of alts to fill those boxes by the way.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • opkossy
    edited July 2014
    I wonder how long we will have to wait before seeing some QQing because those mailboxes are full. Good luck to the staff regarding the detection of alts to fill those boxes by the way.

Dammit. I was trying to purposefully leave that last bit out of my other posts. Now even the people with too much money to blow that are too stupid to realize they'd have a chance via doing that are gonna consider it. :(

Oh well. Wouldn't have stayed silent forever anyways, I guess. So now the race is on to see who gets 10m in before the mailboxes fill up! b:chuckle

Hopefully they'll be sensible enough to at least DQ the people who are dumb enough to use alts in what should be an absurdly obvious manner to any member of PWI staff that has any sort of access to viewing account details. *COUGH*
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited July 2014
    I thought it was a coin sink, for spend rewards, it takes 50 gold, that is 150m+fees to get a demon/sage card. 150m+fees going poof = coin sink? Or is coin sink defined differently? If coin sink is different, what is coin sink? what is gold sink?
  • opkossy
    edited July 2014
    I thought it was a coin sink, for spend rewards, it takes 50 gold, that is 150m+fees to get a demon/sage card. 150m+fees going poof = coin sink? Or is coin sink defined differently? If coin sink is different, what is coin sink? what is gold sink?

Nah. If it's 50 gold then that just means you're using gold itself. Outside of the 2% AH fees, any coin involved in buying/selling gold is just passing hands, so if someone spends 50 gold instead of trying to sell it, all that's happening is that 50 gold is removed from the economy instead of 98 silver (2 silver fee per gold sold, so they'd have to charge 51 gold to sell 50 gold. aka if they only charged $50, they'd only be able to sell $49 of that) and 2,940,000 coin. Assuming we're using a price of 3m as what the gold was sold at.

Basically, minor coin sink, major gold sink (relatively speaking). This event is the opposite in that the coin is going out of circulation and into a GM account. So instead of it being coin passing hands while not actually leaving the market, it's coin going "poof" a la repairing gear at the NPCs.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited July 2014
    Thanks Kossy.
  • opkossy
    edited July 2014
    No prob. Though sorry about calling it a troll thread now. Seems you were genuinely mistaken there and I had just assumed you knew otherwise and were **** around with folks. b:surrender
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I won't even comment on this abomination, I will, however, say that I find it insanely insulting to call it an event.
    This is no event, it's a raffle.
    Saying it's an even would mean to actually create something fun for the players, not this passive ****.
    They might as well have called it 'July the 4th super dupper magical celebratory event cause we care' while they're at it, since it's not like they care anymore that it's a holiday and they're doing absolutely nothing festive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Joe - Morai
    edited July 2014
    None of you guys actually think they will have actual ppl look through all those mailboxes to see who send what amount of money and create a list from it manually? Bwahahahahaha :D

When the event end they just randomly announce players on first sight while checking th email boxes. It's alot if they actually look if one actually send big notes. We are talking about PWE here and really sorting things like that is alot of work. Not going to happen.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited July 2014
    None of you guys actually think they will have actual ppl look through all those mailboxes to see who send what amount of money and create a list from it manually? Bwahahahahaha :D

When the event end they just randomly announce players on first sight while checking th email boxes. It's alot if they actually look if one actually send big notes. We are talking about PWE here and really sorting things like that is alot of work. Not going to happen.

I agree with that.
  • jwillson123
    jwillson123 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The good news is that GM know there is a coins inflation problem but the way they trying to fix it seems so......
    Yes there is coin inflation but not as bad that people would throw away 10 big notes lol.
    PWI is ahead of time maybe that will happen next year if inflations keeps getting worse where a 10 big notes is considered the same value as an ecstasy card.
    Do you want PWI to fix the economy before is to late?
    please support Perfect World International Forum > Suggestion Box
    > Limit Auto Cultivation to 1 hour just like Hyper stones
  • Sheswes - Heavens Tear
    Sheswes - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,216 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    the idea is... interesting
    however if you rly wanna fix the economy by lowering the amount of coins that ppl have (coz i assume that's the idea of this event) you should:
    1. remove the inbuild pwi bot
    2. remove coins reward from the BH
    3. do that kind of event every week

y 1 and 2? coz those 2 things generate huge amount of free coins and even that kind of events won't balance it

GL ! b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    scruuuuuuuubs killa b:cute Nation War champion b:cool
  • Joe - Morai
    edited July 2014
    the idea is... interesting
    however if you rly wanna fix the economy by lowering the amount of coins that ppl have (coz i assume that's the idea of this event) you should:
    1. remove the inbuild pwi bot
    2. remove coins reward from the BH
    3. do that kind of event every week

y 1 and 2? coz those 2 things generate huge amount of free coins and even that kind of events won't balance it

GL ! b:bye

1. yes, please.
    2. No way. Then there is nearly NO way to earn ingame coins anymore.
    3. No. A faulty imperfect "Event" that relies on the stupidity of the community alone is not sufficient as a coin sink.

(:
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    i can understand the war avatar raffle w\ gold only

but the coin event shouldnt have just 3 winners in total, winners should be 3 for each server lol

none clever enough will risk his coins in this event w\o being aware of the "player's wealth" on other servers
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    PWE by itself have no power to implement one in game, cause only China is allowed to and they are obviously not doing anything (at least not fast enough).
    So what do PWE do? They make a coin sink the only way they can, with an event! Is it the most brilliant idea? No probably not. Is it the most atractive items up for grabs? No, not all of them at least. BUT they actually went ahead and gave us what we asked for!

I agree with this comment here.
    Well, I'm not happy with what PWE has done the past few months and I also think this event is kinda silly but I appreciate the fact that they tried to make a coin sink of sorts.

Maybe they can use this to come up with better coin sink events in the future.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Well, I'm not happy with what PWE has done the past few months and I also think this event is kinda silly but I appreciate the fact that they tried to make a coin sink of sorts.

Exactly this. It's at least an attempt to remove some coin from the game. Its not a perfect idea, but a step in the right general direction for those that don't spend real money and are constantly whining that there is too much coin in the game making their farming and merchanting virtually null and void.
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited July 2014

A coin sink would be something you put coins in and that benefits your account.
    Right now all this event does is you put coins in some ****'s alt-account who made that alt with equal name as the CM one since PWI was unable to properly make that Newspage.
    This event is literally a sink, you toss in coins and they vanish.

Waste of time, effort and coins. The more you send, the richer the scammers become.
  • CoinFarmer - Lost City
    CoinFarmer - Lost City Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    (As DemansPsy)
    I don't understand the hate for this raffle.
    1. The way I'm reading this is that you get to choose what you want to win so you don't have to worry about the **** prizes.
    2. A mailbox can only receive mail if they have under 32 mail pieces (I know mailboxes can hold over 32, but I'm pretty sure you're unable to send someone mail if they have over 32 pieces) that limits the entry to 1024 across all servers (still a lot but you have over 1% chance to win).
    3. Even if you don't like the raffle, there are some gambling addicts who do, even if everyone bid the minimum that's 1.28 billion coins out of the economy per server while not giving the winners any massive advantage (even with SoT they have to upgrade it twice to be any good).

Is this the best idea ever? No, they could probably have changed some rewards to be more desirable items like josd, diety, matchless, and maybe even a grand prize(only 1 winner for said item) of a Crown of maddness.
    Is this a good idea? I see no reason why it's not 0_o, it's a coin sink and has enough appeal that players will actually go for it.
    Call me Demans
    DemansPsy:2009-2013 Dec. 24th, may you rest in peace...er well as much as you can in the equivalent of pwi hell anyway.
  • LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The good news is that GM know there is a coins inflation problem but the way they trying to fix it seems so......
    Yes there is coin inflation but not as bad that people would throw away 10 big notes lol.
    PWI is ahead of time maybe that will happen next year if inflations keeps getting worse where a 10 big notes is considered the same value as an ecstasy card.

Make up your mind. You want to limit auto cultivation to one hour in another thread and yet here you say its not as bad so people would use ten big notes. Full of contradictions...
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Right now all this event does is you put coins in some ****'s alt-account who made that alt with equal name as the CM one since PWI was unable to properly make that Newspage.

That is a problem indeed >.> I only found out about it just now. I hope they do something about it as soon as they get in their offices. Possibly fix the news page and check on whoever made characters with those names.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I think this event is interesting, and you can choose the prize you want. I think I will send just one big note though b:chuckle
    The comments in this thread actually **** me off a bit. The comunity have been crying for more coin sinks forever. PWE by itself have no power to implement one in game, cause only China is allowed to and they are obviously not doing anything (at least not fast enough).
    So what do PWE do? They make a coin sink the only way they can, with an event! Is it the most brilliant idea? No probably not. Is it the most atractive items up for grabs? No, not all of them at least. BUT they actually went ahead and gave us what we asked for! Much like we have seen recent sales based on what people have been crying about, AND we got silver charms back in event botique. So please stop complaining about every single thing they do. Cause now they are actually doing something based on what we, the comunity, have asked for.
    10/10 for the effort!

That's how our commnity is... This reminds me of the Ocean Orb fiasco:

-Some people from other servers claim ocean orbs because a few people from their server bought or claimed codes in other server.

-PW (or more like DoD) tries to be nice and accepts.

-People abuse the code.

-People qqnerdrage and blame PW, when it was actually the community's fault >_>

People complains and complains, and propose unreal solutions and nothing that can actually be done.

-Kudos to Sparkie's team for being creative-