Curious

Options
Viktorian - Archosaur
Viktorian - Archosaur Posts: 746 Arc User
edited July 2014 in Off-Topic Discussion
Is anyone going to try Swordsman?
Servers: Archosaur(PvE US West) and Harshlands (PvP US East)
Chars: Viktorian(100 2Rb Celestial Demon BM) PurpleHealz (100 Celestial Sage Cleric) DagsAway (95 Assassin)
[SIGPIC][/Sigpic]
Post edited by Viktorian - Archosaur on

Comments

• Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Not me.
    just because I didn't like to see an announcement for that inside the PWI forum.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I poked at it in closed beta. Wasn't that impressed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dblazen - Dreamweaver
    Dblazen - Dreamweaver Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I poked at it in closed beta. Wasn't that impressed.

Same here, the controls feel awkward and clunky to me in that game b:surrender
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Nomatter how good that game was made, it remains under PWI's management so a big no.
    People hate PWI not for game, but mostly for how it's managed (removing charms from event boutique to "fix" economy, removing DQ system without replacement 8 months and counting, not taking appropriate action against scammers/abusers, and the list goes on..).
    All those flaws will be in Swordsman just as well, only with different graphics, and as Sylen mentioned already it's downright rude to post advertisement-thread for Swordsman in PWI forums.
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I tried it, but I won't be playing it.

It's just another generic MMO at its core. Quest here, kill this, turn in. That's all it is. The instances are extremely straightforward up to level 40, I didn't do anything past that. There's no real sense of story, no sense of discovery. It's got nice cutscenes, and the game itself is flashy, but there's no substance. You just go around killing stuff like any other game and don't feel immersed at all.

It looks amazing, it's almost at the level of *** aside from certain areas with copy/paste landscape syndrome, the textures are slightly worse than *** but that won't be an issue to most people.

Unless Swordsman gives us more to do than kill stuff and lets us actually delve into the game I don't see myself ever picking it up. Also, the leveling is stupidly fast. They need to slow it down a bit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    The quest line seems very linear (as far as I got in it), and tied to the book it's based on (or seemed to be... haven't read the book, don't even know if it's available in translation from Chinese, which I can't read.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I watched a 1v1 vid and it looked like they were playing some version of Soul Calibur or some other fighting game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    nope, its all skillshot based, (like neverwinter prolly they share the engine) completely diff from pwi

wont try it
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited July 2014
    Options
    nope, its all skillshot based, (like neverwinter prolly they share the engine) completely diff from pwi

wont try it

Skillshot isn't exactly a bad way to go. It's the lack of story depth that bothers me. It'd be nice to feel like what I do has impact and be able to contribute more to the story then just "kill x mob". I want to feel like I'm uncovering things, I want that sense of exploration. Swordsman just doesn't give you that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • rieihdius
    rieihdius Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Nomatter how good that game was made, it remains under PWI's management so a big no.
    People hate PWI not for game, but mostly for how it's managed (removing charms from event boutique to "fix" economy, removing DQ system without replacement 8 months and counting, not taking appropriate action against scammers/abusers, and the list goes on..).
    All those flaws will be in Swordsman just as well, only with different graphics, and as Sylen mentioned already it's downright rude to post advertisement-thread for Swordsman in PWI forums.

This is exactly what I think.

• Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Who would want to try smth. from this company, it will end up like PWI, good game, ****ty management and so on so forth!
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Skillshot isn't exactly a bad way to go. It's the lack of story depth that bothers me. It'd be nice to feel like what I do has impact and be able to contribute more to the story then just "kill x mob". I want to feel like I'm uncovering things, I want that sense of exploration. Swordsman just doesn't give you that.
    Agreed. Plus the controls were just klunky. The two biggest things that I've enjoyed with PWI are the story lines in the quests with the history, and the sheer level of customization.

NW is kind of close to that, but I get the A/B/C feeling with the gear and most of the character development.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Viktorian - Archosaur
    Viktorian - Archosaur Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Agreed. Plus the controls were just klunky. The two biggest things that I've enjoyed with PWI are the story lines in the quests with the history, and the sheer level of customization.

NW is kind of close to that, but I get the A/B/C feeling with the gear and most of the character development.

tbch i kinda hoped NW would be more like neverwinter knightsb:cry i loved that game.
    Servers: Archosaur(PvE US West) and Harshlands (PvP US East)
    Chars: Viktorian(100 2Rb Celestial Demon BM) PurpleHealz (100 Celestial Sage Cleric) DagsAway (95 Assassin)
    [SIGPIC][/Sigpic]
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited July 2014
    Options

Oh god the controls. I completely forgot about that, but yeah they were extremely clunky. It felt like a struggle just to get the game to do what I wanted sometimes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    tbch i kinda hoped NW would be more like neverwinter knightsb:cry i loved that game.

i was spending months playing single player on neverwinter nights 1 and 2

then played multiplayer on a little "shard" on nwn 2

the best rpg experience in my life :)

in that game you could really "discover" things, "leave your footprint on the world map" like killing 1 npc to steal his goods and that npc was gone, forever and you were a public enemy for his entire city population after that :D

the char "alignment" was making you choose what kind of person and behaviour you would keep dunno if you can recall legal - neutral - chaotic \ good - neutral - evil

that was amazing b:pleased

the skillshot based games are not viable in mmorpgs imo, if you find yourself in a massive pvp situation how are you gonna hit the skillshot on the desired target :\
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Any game that is managed by PWE, or any company they may be trying to purchase ( google it ) will be ****. No matter what they put out, the same people will be making the calls when it all comes down to it.

So no, I wont be trying it. Only because PWE is a cancer to all games everywhere.
    NGTUy53.png