PWI: State of Economy

Options

Comments

• Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    AH itself is a coin sink as well BTW...

It is likely PWI will raise the gold ceiling and kick the can down the road a little longer.

I don't see them trying to fix this so yeah.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    (shocking) PW is a business, all they care about is maximizing growth and profitability.

Most businesses rely on their level of customer service.
    Unfortunately most people are stupid to realise that their addiction tot his game makes any form of decent customer service necessary.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Most businesses rely on their level of customer service.
    Unfortunately most people are stupid to realise that their addiction tot his game makes any form of decent customer service necessary.

IDK I find that the people who spend the most time on this game tend to spend the least money. I think PWI makes quite a chunk of money from newbies who just like to spend massive sums of money but then burn out quickly.

In that sense I don't think they give a flying **** about the long-term players, nor do they have a real reason to.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • xmahox
    xmahox Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    lol...b:surrender
  • maestro121
    maestro121 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    IDK I find that the people who spend the most time on this game tend to spend the least money. I think PWI makes quite a chunk of money from newbies who just like to spend massive sums of money but then burn out quickly.

In that sense I don't think they give a flying **** about the long-term players, nor do they have a real reason to.

Agreed. From PWE's point of view... what use to their bottom line are the long-term fully geared R999 uber merchants who can pretty much afford to gear up their alts without charging a lick of zen ?

Same for the long-term cash shoppers who have all now reached a point where they have just about everything the game has to offer and thus have very little incentive to charge further zen.

Far as PWE is concerned, a pox on both groups ! b:chuckle
  • soleida
    soleida Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    There are 2 sides to this story.

1. Pwi raise the amount of cache in the game by the autobotting syteem. To bad if you look around its not the new player who does it. On Heavens Tears you find a lot off bots form guilds like Karma bot in Morai. These guys own mostly the top of the gear and stuff already.. They remove the DQ system, which means no more free hp, mp or stuff. So ppl are force to buy gold to get these. No gold no stuff. As a new player you get all kind of stuff at the started and then you get the disappointment on the real deal as a newbie. Wonder why ppl buy gold to get better flyers, mounts and gear. As for fashion PWI has a nice system to put it in packs. Which makes it rare and ppl like to buy some pack in the hope they don’t get Tokens alone. The same goes for some mounts and flyers. Newest way to get money is the system to give ppl rewards points which can buy you the Demon cards to get event points .(old DQ system). The class system is never been balance when they intrudes the new classes like the Tideborns. Veno's and clerics lots a lot off balance after the Earthguard was put in the game. Now we need veno's again for FSP.....to bad there was a time ppl found them outdated. Next update PWI will make sure there be a class who is the best then...........so ppl rush over to start to make that class.

2. PPl in PWI got greedy too. Instead off helping like the beginning in the game it comes with a price now. If you don’t own a good weapon or gear ....you not fast enough to join most squads for Warsong or Lunar. Also in the past you can get canny form Nirva. Pwi killed it with Nations Wars who runs in a most impossible time for some players. So some player are force to buy canny's with gold. If you are a new player.....lets go powerlevel......fast and we be 100 to join in with the big guys. The whole server idea is now based on being 100 getting FSP, BH, Warsong, Primal en morai. Here is where the fun begins. If you don’t own the right gear or weapon ppl tent to shut you out of squads. (LFM bh lunar pm weapon).
    Instead of helping ppl to get some good gear, so these future players can help out too, we make demands on what gear and weapon. So new players get the idea you need to have great gear ........never mind if these ppl don’t know how to play their chars -> its the gear that counts, which at all cost much be get... so lets buy some gold and we can buy it! as for the fashion its stupid the price ppl ask for some new once. 150 mil for a silk pack. I don’t even like it but its new and rare! Also the skillbooks are way overprice. Paying 30 mil for a revive use to be oke now we pay 120 mil for a sin skill Twinstrike. Simple because PWI put it in a update version in Primal. And there are more things like this going on in the auction house…

Lets hope next month PWI makes the choice to give us a update on Gear and we need to get R10………How many will spent real money to get it?
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    soleida wrote: »
    Lets hope next month PWI makes the choice to give us a update on Gear and we need to get R10………How many will spent real money to get it?

And even more will quit!
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Merchants create a gold demand.

Someone had to spend enough money to pump enough gold into the game to gear up a merchant's fully geared R999, and if a certain group of people are not willing to do it, they can all pool their gold to the one guy who did it, for something in exchange of course. The question is, would they have charged anything if no one was going to buy that gold?
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • hiitsmeguys
    hiitsmeguys Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Merchants create a gold demand.

Anyone who buys gold in AH creates gold demand. Anyone who sells gold in AH creates gold supply. The price is simply the median between the two.
  • Sixxkillz - Lost City
    Sixxkillz - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Cant you guys just go out and get a job and buy your own gold? People who **** about gold prices or cash shoppers are just poor and should be out bettering their lives instead of crying over what they cannot get in a game. It's free to play for you because people like me pay for your enjoyment. Pretty sad actually.
  • Nipon - Raging Tide
    Nipon - Raging Tide Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Personally, I don't think PWI will do something about economy state. They haven't fixed graphic skill for 2 months and removed silver charm for event boutique. And

everyone who has multi separately accounts they got an advantage about botting. With 6 chars bot all the same time and running them on 24/7. You know you can get

25-30M/day it depends on your gear,LV, and class. Bot is a big problem that makes gold up.

You can still farming. It's all about your farming strategy. But nothing wrong about pay to play it is your money, your happiness.

I still play this game because there are something called "Friends" and hey Nation Wars event I still enjoy about it. It's fun. b:victory

P.S. Everything in the world has beginning and ending it depends on time. Don't hope something much from online game. It's about a company to make a profit.
  • Patrimpas - Dreamweaver
    Patrimpas - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I do not know what to be angry at those players who spend their cash to buy game currency. They are after all, do not steal anything, and use their money (per diems). Moreover, after all, no one lends itself authorize net, perfectly possible to do only what is given free of charge.
    Less anger and more in a good mood!
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    If anything cash shoppers are the people trying to increase the supply of gold and therefore should be directly lowering the price.

All you f2p scrubs have ruined our economy!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
  • slamstone
    slamstone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Cant you guys just go out and get a job and buy your own gold? People who **** about gold prices or cash shoppers are just poor and should be out bettering their lives instead of crying over what they cannot get in a game. It's free to play for you because people like me pay for your enjoyment. Pretty sad actually.

that's probably the most tardish reply i've seen in a long time.

let me explain this slowly for you: you pay for ingame time...it's a commodity that the game lets you exchange for time spent anywhere (working) but farming.

f2p players and p2w players each have their role in a fsp game equally important, i won't explain why cuz you're not worth it, those little neurons that gravitate around your thinking center are so scarce that they're at the brink of extinction, and sadly for you those are untradeable, but you can search them in the boutique if you want.

now to be on topic, FSP has the potential to be a good coin sink and maybe stabilize a little bit the book market.

possible solution: increase the amount of FSP coins (double triple/w.e.) needed to craft stuff, and insert some valuable boutique items (untradeable) into the crafting page . or just glitch the autobot and be done with it :D.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options

You know what? Even if I won the lottery, I wouldn't spend the cash on PWI. Not for a game that's so badly managed.

Kinda sad that you can't see past your "cash shopper glasses".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Waldhard - Dreamweaver
    Waldhard - Dreamweaver Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    No game developers managed economy. We have the players to manage, if greed wins, because no one at fault, but the players themselves. So enough of all woes translate the game developers. They are merely accusations on the same disadvantages of the game, which (however unfortunate) are unable to settle since 2009 ...
  • jwillson123
    jwillson123 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    The problem is auto cultivation.
    There are people making 25m to 30m a day with their bot while they sleep or work.
    They get that coin doing nothing.
    Even some EX-cashoppers I know started doing auto cultivation instead of buying gold why they need coins since they get it for free been afk?

That is just a single person...
    But these days 1/3 of the server is doing auto cultivation every single day entering coins into the economy and making coins not valuable anymore.
    Coins used to be effort and time spend on game.
    Now it means just spend 5 minutes set up your bot and play another game or do something else no need to put effort or time into the game to get coins.
    Do you want PWI to fix the economy before is to late?
    please support Perfect World International Forum > Suggestion Box
    > Limit Auto Cultivation to 1 hour just like Hyper stones
  • trands
    trands Posts: 2
    edited July 2014
    Options
    You know what? Even if I won the lottery, I wouldn't spend the cash on PWI. Not for a game that's so badly managed.

Kinda sad that you can't see past your "cash shopper glasses".

That's the messed up parts that I (and probably others) don't understand :

Ppl spend hours ingame every day, while complaining gold is to high and game being boring, but they can't get off their bum to mow a few lawns or something. That would get the same ingame result but a much healthier rl. It even gives you the choice where to spend, unlike game coins.

It's a total mystery for me why those players play, even more when stating things like what you just did.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited July 2014
    Options
    trands wrote: »
    It's a total mystery for me why those players play, even more when stating things like what you just did.

Bah, assuming people don't work, Bah, assuming people play. I can't be arsed to pick this apart lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• trands
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Bah, assuming people don't work, Bah, assuming people play. I can't be arsed to pick this apart lol

Ohhh, you're 1 of those "I don't play but I'm so emotionally attached to a game that I'm lurking forums ethernally" ppl. That is so 2010. I thought they finally dissapeared with that last LC BM.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Ohhh, you're 1 of those "I don't play but I'm so emotionally attached to a game that I'm lurking forums ethernally" ppl. That is so 2010. I thought they finally dissapeared with that last LC BM.

*facepaw* Okay, go home troll ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• trands
    edited July 2014
    Options
    *facepaw* Okay, go home troll ...

You're the troll, twisting things in a way to cover up your own irrationality.

If a you need to do something you don't like doing, in order to achieve a goal, it's only normal you take the fastest way. Ppl that "farm" are not working at the same time. Instead of spending 2 hours spamming some instance or doing dailies on a big number of characters and complain it's so boring, they can spend 30~60min earning the same (probably even more) gold with some work in the real world.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited July 2014
    Options
    You're the troll, twisting things in a way to cover up your own irrationality.

If a you need to do something you don't like doing, in order to achieve a goal, it's only normal you take the fastest way. Ppl that "farm" are not working at the same time. Instead of spending 2 hours spamming some instance or doing dailies on a big number of characters and complain it's so boring, they can spend 30~60min earning the same (probably even more) gold with some work in the real world.

Who the **** cares if the game's not worth investing anyway. Sheesh, seriously. Why are you people so obsessed with your gold?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Samaranight - Sanctuary
    Samaranight - Sanctuary Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Who the **** cares if the game's not worth investing anyway. Sheesh, seriously. Why are you people so obsessed with your gold?

Because if they charged for it, it has value to them. Charging IMO is increasingly turning into a bad idea with the progressive decline of this game. I honestly don't know why charging is still going on.
  • Djcale - Raging Tide
    Djcale - Raging Tide Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    so.......... gold charms are back in the event boutique and botting was made legal.

you dont need to change DQ just bring it back and watch the economy go back to normal like magic ;)

Botting has been going on for years. Sure theres a hell load of coin floating around which makes it "worth less" but it's not because of botting. 1-2 mil a day would never make this much of a difference.

Things were much more stable when people werent able to charge up to 20m for charms (yes that is what they got up to on RT) which im afraid in my opinion is a necessity (agreed it's not ACTUALLY and the game can be played without it but for those who do wish to TW and pull cata, its needed... and lets not forget the amount of coins TW generates compared to botting)
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    The thing that makes the least sense to me is this: the supply of gold that is generated in this game is dependant on the cash shoppers of which there is essentially an ample amount or the game would essentially cease to exist and PWI would close down lol.
    On the other hand, coins can only be generated in game by monster drops, quest rewards and NPCing items. Other than these major few ways there is not much else and the supply of coin is pretty low right? I mean even if it somehow made any sort of difference that an in game bot was introduced increasing the supply of monster drop and NPC generated coin, its still not really significant compared to the supply of gold generated especially when most coin ends up being eaten up by gold trading! Not only this, but they took away DQ points so now botting is worth less for the time spent doing it.

So if the supply of coin is relatively lower than the supply of gold, how is it that gold is so expensive and coins are so worthless?

The thing is, the rich people are buying all the gold. I'm a decently successful f2p merchant and I recently bought 470 Gold at around 3.5m a piece because I know I can turn around and turn that into instant profit. And I have been able to do that with Gold at any price for the past few years.

The thing is, the people who buy the Gold are buying it because it's still worth it. And it will always be, because someone else still has to buy their Dragon Orbs or their charms or their fashion.

And trust me, I would love to sell my merchandise at a lower profit. Heck, with my volume I could sell most of it at-cost and still come out with a respectable profit. Sadly, if I were to do that, the competition buys my stuff, turns around and sells it for more than I would have originally. And if you doubt it happens, I had someone buy all of my stock (priced at around 900m coins) and tell me that they're going to sell it for a higher price. So the best I can do is undercut the competition to a point where it's not profitable for them to buy me out. Of course, most merchants are selling their goods at ridiculous profits, but if you look around, you just might find someone like me who's at least a bit fairer.
    If you're going to inflate an economy you need to inflate peoples earnings or you essentially starve your people. This is how I feel a lot of the PWI community feel. There needs to be more focus in balancing this than balancing classes (because it doesnt seem like you're doing a whole lot about that anyway.)

I propose much greater coin monster drops and NPC item prices to go up too. People shouldnt have to put so much effort into a game just to be able to play it. And by playing it what i mean is: make continual upgrades to your character hence why most people who get end game get bored and quit since they completed the game and at the start you're basically given a wooden stick and sent to fend for yourself.

I started merchanting years ago, when I had about 7,000,000 coins. Now I have almost 300 times that. For me, not a single activity in the game is worth it anymore, because I am earning hundreds of millions of coin with an afk catshop.

And honestly, that is how I like it. I don't want a situation where you're forced to farm a dungeon over and over again to get your gear or afford your charms. Because damn it, I remember being poor in the days of 5 aps Nirvana. I started merchanting because I wasn't rich enough to afford the gear that people expected from farming squads. I remember spending several hours a day for weeks farming to get started, getting something like 100,000 for an hour of grinding.

So the simple answer is: Gold is expensive because people are willing to pay that much for it.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • c44102
    c44102 Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I think things are out of control things are going up in price all the time for no reason other then greed. Things do need to be fixed the problem is we have free trade. That is also a good thing but here is one thing that would 100% Stablize things is the 1 very simple easy thing that can be done. Ill list my reason to it first. Everyone always says that prices of items are going up because have u seen GOLD prices. Well a Awesome way to fix this is to have a SET GOLD TRADING STYSTEM. This is a Number that PWI Sets to sell and to buy gold from players. No more Free ran so the people with a TON of money in the game can keep raising the prices of gold and buying everything up then selling at a higher price making a killing. This would also get items to go back down in price making things eaiser for people to get again. For a expample when gold was 1 mil each Vit Gems was 20 mil each now gold is 2.8 mil each they are 80-90 mil each. But earning coin is harder then ever. Some people clame it is easier but they are the ones with a ton of money to be able to flip stuff because they was able to get fully geared when stuff was cheap. Where the others now are paying becuase the ones that are fully geared are weekly raising the prices of stuff. I Feel this would 100% stabilze things is there was a set number by PWI for Buying and Selling gold no more free trade with that please. It is 100% messing up the game
  • Kalopsia - Dreamweaver
    Kalopsia - Dreamweaver Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    So you want an easy, practical fix that we know for sure can be done?

MAKE ALL DQ WORTH 1 COIN!

We know it can be done, as it's been done before to lower DQ. Making DQ worthless will deter heavy botters (24/7), whom after repairs will make less than half what they usually made per day. A lot of people I bet would give up on botting 24/7 altogether. On average I'd say bots on servers bring in about 1.5-2b worth of new coins per day cutting this in half or more would have a great impact on the inflation.

Also, DQ rewards could be restored, saves coming up with a new system, which could take years at the current rate. People who still want to farm DQ for the points would be able to do so.
  • jwillson123
    jwillson123 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I agree with Kalopsia they should put all DQ items to worth 1 coin and bring back the DQ system.
    People can still make money by selling the DQ items in a catshop like before without introducing new coins into the market.

I just hope GM "fix"Auto cultivation before the next x2 or else we will see real chaos on the pve server.Because half the server going to do auto cultivation and they going to do it as hard and long as possible.
    Do you want PWI to fix the economy before is to late?
    please support Perfect World International Forum > Suggestion Box
    > Limit Auto Cultivation to 1 hour just like Hyper stones
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited July 2014
    Options
    MAKE ALL DQ WORTH 1 COIN!

And players between 80 and 100 get their coins from what again...?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]