Uk Zen now in Euros not USD

2»

Comments

• kanexp
    kanexp Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    great <.< so one reason more to stop spend money on virtual things lol if they get treated like real things now.
  • Dinandel - Dreamweaver
    Dinandel - Dreamweaver Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Q: Russia is not part of EU
    A: these changes had to be made in order to comply with recently changed laws within the European Union/for any countries currently paying VAT, regardless of their membership status in the European Union
    b:beatup

Your knowledge of geography is more damning than a 5 year old. You may as well say Turkish or Mainland Chinese player be charged in Euro.

P.S. STUDY THE ATLAS.
  • TheWhiteDeth - Lost City
    TheWhiteDeth - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    First of all, that rule was brought about by the European Union, which holds no sway over non-European countries so please get your facts right.

Secondly, we dont have VAT at over 20% so we are paying a higher rate for this virtual good than we do on real ones.

Third, if the data is actually on a server in western America, how am I importing goods?

Fourth, If you guys want to continue paying the VAT charge, then why not lower the cost so that the price is equal to before?

Fifth, My country does not use Euros, my job pays me in GBP which is worth more than that European ****, why the hell should I have to pay for something i used to pay for in dollars at a favourable exchange rate, in Euros (which dispite lots of countries that use the currency going bust, is worth much more than it should be).
  • chilpod
    chilpod Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    lol, so for 50 dollars pay more?
    checked it via Moneybookers:

The amount of USD 65.26 has successfully been debited from your bank account.

Wow... 45 euro excl. bankcosts (2 euro).
    Next time going to change my IP so I can pay in dollars again...lol

b:laugh
  • Carstiana - Raging Tide
    Carstiana - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    If you can do me a huge favor and write an email to our support staff with your above comments, I can forward that information to the proper people for evaluation. I cannot guarantee a change but what I can do for you is give you my personal guarantee that I will physically in-person take your email, print it out, and bring it forward to those that make these decisions. Again, we are aware that changes may need to be made and currently the only change is removing Perfect World Entertainment from paying the VAT fees for all European players.

Don't believe that. All is a big lie, starting with "We will answer your ticket in maximum 24 hours". It took them 6 (six) days to answer a message that was about money I wanted to put into their pockets.

Not anymore though. I really don't care about any so called European law. My country is in EU, but we didn't turn to Euros yet. On top of that, I am paid in US$, so why use Euros? And, as they said, even if I would pay in Euros, why would I have to pay more than the rest of the world? 45 Euros mean $58, so ... we actually lose the advantage of the Special Offer of Zen.

In the ticket answer, the one who replied says: "This policy is not likely to change in the near future." I will tell you want then: my policy from now on will be NO MORE MONEY INVESTED IN PWI! I mean, why would I? I am very much aware of the fact that a game is a money eater before being a money maker for the game owners. For years, I was the adept of contributing even a little bit to at least covering the operating costs if not the profit, and I didn't like the people who kept saying: why would I pay when I can play the game for free? But you know what? Seeing this attitude from the PWI representatives, makes me reconsider the supporting part. It's not nice what you are doing, and you don't even realize that you guys are the ones losing, not us.
  • Mystx - Heavens Tear
    Mystx - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Shnuggles wrote: »
    There was a law passed by Europe earlier this year that placed regulations for all businesses that have operations within the European Union that has forced this change. Companies were given a certain amount of time to comply to these new regulations and that time is now. Prior to the change, Perfect World Entertainment was paying the VAT taxes for all of our European players and when this law was passed, we explained to the European officials that our company was paying this additional fee for our users so that they can continue to pay in United States Dollars and we were informed that we were no longer allowed to do so. That information came straight from the people in charge of these new regulations for Europe. Perfect World Entertainment was then forced to abide by these new regulations and we were forced to make the change you now see. If you are playing from the Europe, you are no longer allowed to pay in United States Dollars which is why you no longer see that option. This has absolutely nothing to do with greed or wanting more money or any other negative connotation that has been thrown out there in regards to the change. We as a company are simply complying to the new laws put in place in order for our company to continue operations in you local region. Had we not complied to these new regulations, we would have to just pull out of operations in those areas and no longer provide service to those regions.

can you provide a link of this law??
  • Mystx - Heavens Tear
    Mystx - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    solutions

1) put us back to dollars (pwi say cant cos of law)
    2) give us 60 gold for our 45 euros (problem is we will have 10 extra so get more ingame coin)
    3) make usa pay 62dollar for 50 gold to match our euro (usa will moan)
    4) let us move our characters to the euro server so our gold is worth our money (doubt they will)
    5) dont charge gold (pwi will lose profit)
    6) anymore suggestions?
  • RayTheQueen - Heavens Tear
    RayTheQueen - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    There is a simple solution, download platinum ip changer and change your ip to north america and pay in dollars. you get 100 gold for just over
  • _Mizee_ - Heavens Tear
    _Mizee_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    You guys are still luckier than we NZers, it costs us $64 for 5000 ZEN lol. AND there are a lot of NZers that play this game.
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited January 2012
  • arron1718
    arron1718 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    post which law because i play lots of online games and your the ONLY one that charges me in euros

charge me in pounds or dollars
    euros are not worth the paper they are made from

rubbish about tax because the uk has its own tax just like other countries
    there is no europe wide tax
  • Donavan - Harshlands
    Donavan - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Since when is South Africa part of Europe?

Seeing that I now have to pay in euro's b:angry
  • Fryvorg - Sanctuary
    Fryvorg - Sanctuary Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Krisnda wrote: »
    Closed for necro.
    I'm not entirely sure b:laugh
    World is full of illusions.

What if I played a Cleric?

All Joy In Keeping Us Medically Energetic.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    ... Closed for catnip. b:laugh
    (Insert fancy image here)
This discussion has been closed.