Tournament Teams

Options
sparkiesoft
sparkiesoft Posts: 47
edited June 2014 in Official Announcements
Below you will find a list of the teams that will be participating in tomorrows event. Remember, the event will start at 12 Noon PDT for Raging Tide, then once those teams are done, we will announce the start time for Archosaur. Please be online and ready during this time frame, otherwise we may have to drop your team from the tournament.

Now, with that said. We've learned quite a few things from this sign-up, which will be going into place for the next events we hold. Namely, if we don't get the full 8, but more than 4, the brackets do not split up evenly. (Our bad, we know) Since Archosaur only had 6 teams, the only way we we could make the brackets work, is to have one team win and get a Bye. This means one team will have to win their first game, to automatically advance to the finals. It's not ideal, but that's the only way we could come up with to make it work. Of course we're not going to just pick a team, so we will think of a way to allow some sort of lottery (guess a number, etc).

RT on the other hand will not have to worry about this, since only 4 teams signed up anyways. So onto the teams:

Raging Tide:

Team: Black and Strong

Man Barb
LuciferV Psy
Arawin Cleric
Mrs_Mav Cleric
Elveva Archer

Team "ping 9001"
Factions: QQme and BewareOfUS

SKIRLZ
ZAYDA
ENEMY
TERRYTINI
THEOCHAN

LAMEBISCUIT
SPELL_CASTER
CLERGYWOMAN

Team "WePopYouDrop"

Ulquiorraa__
vilead
boogiepanda
Bantonesa
Kastus

HESOKA
KeepMeAlive
DirtySouth

Team - *Ctrl+D*

Main:
LindaLV (Cleric)
Lotus_ (Venomancer)
Beesh (Assassin)
ChaunceyVess (Mystic)
Revenge (Blademaster)

Back-up:
Fapper (Seeker)
poppercorn (Blademaster)
RelXenVasBal (Assassin)

Archosaur
:

Team Blue

Main:
Jarkhen (Archer)
Metalogue (Archer)
SerahLight (Cleric)
Asceia (Assassin)
Urynaz (Blademaster)

Backup/Replacements:
MrPuLsE (Psychic)
VaIkyyrie (Venomancer)
ElVee (Wizard)

Team D

lDurexl
OOIIIIIIIIID
ALADDlN
ahnsreko
_xLilyx_

Subs
MochiBean
LordGrayBack

Team Double D

BDoomed
Sxelf
Deadulas
_CurseD
SentoAvara

Subs
xuthuc
Krayara

Team Legendary:
GreenLegend (Cleric)
vNymph (Psychic)
GreatBowJob (Archer)
x_harlot_x (Wizard)
UnbrokenWill (Venomancer)

Legendary Backup:
VAAANN (Assasin)
WinterJasmin (Venomancer)
FlameAndVoid (Archer)

Team Plague:
Pastryplague (Archer)
NValo (Mystic)
ThorQ (Barbarian)
__Nirvana_ (Assassin)
Anchelique (Cleric)

Backup Plague:
_SilverFox_ (Seeker)
xHobbes_ (Barbarian)
Kissami (Venomancer)

TEAM Rogue

Arix$on(seeker)
AbyMoon(veno)
Fantasizing(seeker)
StealthSai(Sin)
Rekabu(sin)

backups

Kaana_(seeker)
HeroofKaos(psy)
Cereliia(blademaster)

We will be in-game prior to 12 Noon PDT, and will be teleporting you to the arena stage this will be taking place, so please make sure your team is logged in and ready.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Kalopsia - Dreamweaver
    Kalopsia - Dreamweaver Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I see one problem that should be addressed, some teams have more than 2 of a given class. What's to stop a team from let's say, putting 2 sins in main lineup, and then 3 sins as subs and having 3 other ppl from main lineup conveniently not show up?

The limit of 2 per given class should include the entire team otherwise no point having this as a rule.
  • Madebyvisa - Raging Tide
    Madebyvisa - Raging Tide Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    12 noon PDT is what server time im confused now idk if its 22:00 my time os 2am my time b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ObviousAlt - Raging Tide
    ObviousAlt - Raging Tide Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    raging tide is east coast which means 3 hours ahead of pacific time

makes it 15:00 server time

i also predict team black and strong will face team wepopyoudrop in the finals unless they face eachother in the 1st round
    102 Celestial Demon Archer (2nd Rebirth 102)
    101 Celestial Sage Blademaster (Rebirth 100)
    101 Demon Sin (Rebirth 100)
    101 Sage Seeker (Rebirth 100)
    101 Sage Wiz (Rebirth 100)
    101 Sage Cleric (Rebirth 100)
    101 Sage Barb (Rebirth 100)
    101 Demon Duskblade (2nd Rebirth 101)
  • sparkiesoft
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I see one problem that should be addressed, some teams have more than 2 of a given class. What's to stop a team from let's say, putting 2 sins in main lineup, and then 3 sins as subs and having 3 other ppl from main lineup conveniently not show up?

The limit of 2 per given class should include the entire team otherwise no point having this as a rule.

It will still only be 2 classes per team. Even if subbed, the rule will still apply, so they would have to make adjustments to keep within the 2 class per team rule. Also if they tried to do that, the team would just be disqualified.
    12 noon PDT is what server time im confused now idk if its 22:00 my time os 2am my time b:shocked

Here ya go: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140628T12&p1=224&ah=3
  • _CurseD - Archosaur
    _CurseD - Archosaur Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    It will still only be 2 classes per team. Even if subbed, the rule will still apply, so they would have to make adjustments to keep within the 2 class per team rule. Also if they tried to do that, the team would just be disqualified.

Here ya go: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140628T12&p1=224&ah=3

where are the rules ?
  • Kalopsia - Dreamweaver
    Kalopsia - Dreamweaver Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options

Thank you for the clarification sparkie.
  • GreenLegend - Archosaur
    GreenLegend - Archosaur Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    where are the rules ?

Source: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1693871
    Okay so based off feedback, here are some projected changes. Keep in mind that these can and probably will change.

Getting everyone in the same gear and on a brand new server for this event is not possible. We don't have the tools and we're more than likely not going to get support from China anyways.

So now that's out of the way, here are some changes.

Prizes: Top team will win $250 worth of Zen, that will be split among all members. Every participant however, will receive a Hyper EXP Stone.

- Servers: This event will only include Archosaur and Raging Tide. So only sign up if you are a part of these servers. When we do the next batch of servers, we will announce them similar to this.

- Everything goes, charms, pots, etc.

- It goes from being 1 v 1 duels, to 5 v 5 straight pvp.

- You have to create your own teams. There will also be a set limit of 2 of each class per team. (IE, no more than 2 clerics, sins, barbs, etc.)

-If we do it this way, the grand prize still remains, which means the winning team would have to split it with each individual.

- There is a 15 minute timer.

- If there should be a tie, both teams will elect 1 person from their team to duel each other. This will go for 5 minutes. Whichever player wins, wins for their team. This only happens if there is a tie in the 5 v 5.

- The event will start on the 28th of June

- Event sign-ups will start Monday 6/23/14 and will go to Wednesday 6/25/14.

I will start a brand new thread on Monday @ 12 Noon PDT that will allow you to sign up, so don't post here.

Time Zone Converter here: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldcloc...0623T12&p1=224

Also, Remember that you can only have 5 team members, however you can add up to 3 people as back ups. When you sign up, make sure to distinguish who your main team is, along with team name, and your 3 back ups. Another thing to note is that no, you may not substitute out players during a match. If you progress and wish to substitute, you may, however we will not tell you the class make-up of the team you will be going against, so it is up to you to make the decision to substitute.

- Sign ups will be limited to 8 teams max, and will be first come first serve. We will announce in-game, on the forums, and social media. You will have 1 week to figure out your team and team name.

- On 6/23/14 @ 12 Noon PDT, we will start the sign-ups. (All of these dates will be announced well in advance)

-Lastly, this is the high tier bracket. The high tier bracket will consist of level 100-105, no gear restrictions. You are responsible for picking your team members, so you need to decide on who you take.

Edit: We would also highly suggest the use of 3rd party communication software, such as Teamspeak, Vent, Skype, or Mumble. This will allow you to coordinate with your team easier.

Free Communication Software

Mumble: http://www.mumble.com/get-mumble.php

Paid

Teamspeak: http://www.teamspeak3.com/
    Ventrillo: http://www.instantventrilo.com/

Note: I chose to do the level 100-105 bracket/no gear restriction because it was the simplest way to do it for now. The game is too unbalanced to create multiple brackets, and we need a way to test if this event is worth running in the future. With that said, you have the option to not take anyone of a lower level if you choose, but that is up to you and your team.

Nobody will be left out. Even if the event does not work out as planned, we will revise it and continue doing it for the mid and low brackets, so everyone has a chance to participate and win.

Lastly, this is a test-run and should be treated as such. Everyone is still eligible for prizes, but the event may not work out as planned. That is okay! If it does not, but the community really likes it, we will revise and keep doing it!
    Dreams are just dreams...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yuyi - Harshlands
    Yuyi - Harshlands Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Will this be showed live? Twitch TV maybe? :( Hoping someone records it though.

Also, GL to the teams :Db:victory
  • Ulquiorraa__ - Raging Tide
    Ulquiorraa__ - Raging Tide Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    For all who are worried from the 3 sins in our Team , We Would not put 3 sins in main team and we already know obviously its not allowed and GMs wont be tricked .
    And from wht sparkiesoft Said , I understand its np to have 3rd of a class in the Backup team so stop panic my friends on RT and relax ;)
    Up for any challenge .

RT PvP Ruler .
  • sparkiesoft
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Will this be showed live? Twitch TV maybe? :( Hoping someone records it though.

Also, GL to the teams :Db:victory

We do plan on recording it, so we should have something up once we edit it!
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Are the Spirit of def apoth allowed ?
    Up for any challenge .

RT PvP Ruler .
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options

I am curious about this as well. I still think it shouldn't be. Gives full DD teams an advantage. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • GreenLegend - Archosaur
    GreenLegend - Archosaur Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options

I mean like, I just posted the rules last page. b:surrender
    -snip-

- Everything goes, charms, pots, etc.

-snip
    Dreams are just dreams...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I mean like, I just posted the rules last page. b:surrender

To be fair this is still in that set of rules:
    - It goes from being 1 v 1 duels, to 5 v 5 straight pvp.

Even though it was changed to only be 5v5 PvP with 1v1 PvP as a tie breaker.

It'd be good to have a 100% yes or no answer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • sparkiesoft
    edited June 2014
    Options
    To be fair this is still in that set of rules:

Even though it was changed to only be 5v5 PvP with 1v1 PvP as a tie breaker.

It'd be good to have a 100% yes or no answer.

For now, there are no limits other than what was posted. IE no rezzing.

If your team is ready on Ragint Tide, meet at 553,600 Hidden Valley Orchid. This is also where Arch teams will meet when we start that event.
  • Lolozaurus - Morai
    Lolozaurus - Morai Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    What a joke!

Sorry to say but here's how it went. We got 3 teams, not 4, GM said battle royal but 2 teams were from same guild.

So they said go, our team did not see the message, 3 died in the first 2 sec, then the other team with 2 OP sins, finished the rest.

Whole 5 vs 5 lasted 12-15sec.

GAME OVER!

WTF is that? Why did I spend 4 years of my life playing this game and cashing up thousands of dollars? Why even bothered with max +12 all items, JOSD and card set, to get such an "AMAZING " event?

Sorry PWE staff, I am ONE VERY VERY DISAPPOINTED CLIENT.

Spell_Caster RT!
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    What a joke!

Sorry to say but here's how it went. We got 3 teams, not 4, GM said battle royal but 2 teams were from same guild.

So they said go, our team did not see the message, 3 died in the first 2 sec, then the other team with 2 OP sins, finished the rest.

Whole 5 vs 5 lasted 12-15sec.

GAME OVER!

WTF is that? Why did I spend 4 years of my life playing this game and cashing up thousands of dollars? Why even bothered with max +12 all items, JOSD and card set, to get such an "AMAZING " event?

Sorry PWE staff, I am ONE VERY VERY DISAPPOINTED CLIENT.

Spell_Caster RT!

Battle royale with multiple teams from the same faction?

Come on, sparkie, you're smarter than that...
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Didn't see the msg is not an excuse im so sry if u don't understand ur job inside to wait the Go signal then u don't know how to lead a squad or be in one for such Events .

Thx Vicious for showing up and being active in all types of Events , other " big " faction with over 150 active players that is dominating RT showed up with 3 members "only" maybe can Enjoy the PvE life .
    Up for any challenge .

RT PvP Ruler .
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I lol'd.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Elvenne - Raging Tide
    Elvenne - Raging Tide Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    It is so SAD Raging Tides Number 1 TW faction QQme can not even form 2 TEAMS LOL and their only team had 2 from another faction. That is so sad poor PVE faction GZ Vicious on being the #1 PvP Faction on RT and shutting spell down in 15seconds topsb:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Madebyvisa - Raging Tide
    Madebyvisa - Raging Tide Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    thanks for a fun event much appreciated Sparkie and Dod ... and gratz to the winners from RT b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    We do plan on recording it, so we should have something up once we edit it!

cant wait to see ;D
    edited June 2014
    Options
    So as i hear on archo server they are doing things better, wtih system msgs ...

Genotypist can u plz announce us on RT as winners.... atleast :P they got it on archo server and its nice to see :)
    Up for any challenge .

RT PvP Ruler .
  • Clergywoman - Raging Tide
    Clergywoman - Raging Tide Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    of the 4 teams only 3 showed up.

-2 teams were ported in and were getting ready to fight.
    -so team "ping 9001"(qqme+bewareofus) picked their 5 of 7 to fight "Ctrl+D"(vicious).
    -ready. set. team "wepopudrop"(vicous) ports in.
    -suddenly suggestion to fight battle royale style. all vs all, meaning 5 vs 10 (vicous).
    -then change of plans again, "ping9001" vs "wepopudrop".
    -"ping9001" is discussing how to fight the much, much stronger "wepopudrop".
    -"ping9001" is debating if we should pick other members to fight "wepopudrop".
    -"ping9001" is also buffing with apoths, since the opposing teams were allowed to use base buffs - without telling our team.
    -gm said go.

zerk rush of "wepopudrop", archer uses his super lucky bow and get almost only purge with every shot, veno nova and purges just to be sure. two sins kill off arcanes 1 by one within splitseconds thx to 'not broken' elmination skill. game over.

all happened before anyone could say "hmmm, if we are to fight 'wepopudrop', we would like to make following changes in our team", or even "NOT READY", all died while apoths were still on cd to compensate for the buff disadvantage.

so yeah the execution of the tournament was, lets say, suboptimal.
    by no means i am saying that we would have won the event with proper organization (well with some luck, maybe :P ). but our team "ping9001", as well as team "Ctrl+D" were just filler teams to make the tournament possible. since no one in their right mind would face, "WePopYouDrop" OR "Black and Strong" (who didnt even show up). those teams outgear and for the most part even outskill anthing else on the server.

so all we got for making the tourney possible and giving "WePopYouDrop" OR "Black and Strong" free 250gold was a kludgy organized event and A LOT of trashtalk prior, during, after tourney and even now on forums. :(

beacuse pvp is ridiculously imblanced and ludicrously pay-to-win i am afraid that a pvp event on that scale is not possible, unless there will be some kind of tournament-server, where everyone gets same gear with same stasts and same cards. but even then, i fear that the broken classes would skew the outcome heavily.

but i still would like to thank the GMs for taking the time to organize that event!
    maybe in future we can get a higher event participation and a better organization.. and a better consolation prize. :P
    gear and genies: mypers.pw/1.8/#145766

pan gu loves cash shoppers as much as he loathes pure farmers. that's why he cursed me with the lowest luck-index possible. my weapon needed 21 recasts for those meh adds, and the r9 ring refine ate over 10k mirages before i capitulated and orbed it from 0 to +11. you won this time pan gu! b:sad
    edited June 2014
    Options
    @ Clergywoman .I don't want to answer u with rude and trash talk , tho i find most of this none sense and not so right.

1st of all, the main team can't be changed with sub team once the main team members are there online .

2nd its true they didn't make it in a well organized way to say get set go , and its true those steps u mentioned happening to ur team in managing next steps .

But that doesn't mean u shouldn't be ready for 2nd option facing our team .

and that doesn't mean u can change members .
    and That doesn't mean ur team is weak having 3 full +12 full end game shards out of 5 and 1 is u 11-12 refine half josd , vs vilead ulq DS same +12 end game shards and 2 none end game refine shards . JUST CAUSE 1 sin out spirit u all by 10% def/atk .

and LAST thing , when ur faction doesn't show "don't talk about 10 vic vs 5 qqme " .
    Up for any challenge .

RT PvP Ruler .
  • sparkiesoft
    edited June 2014
    Options
    DoD and I would like to thank all those who came out and participated. We do realize it was a bit of a fiasco on Raging Tide, and we do apologize. We have learned from those mistakes and will make it better in the coming events. As an apology, we are upping the rewards for all participants and will be giving those out during maintenance.

As for the winners...

For Raging Tide we have

Team WePopYouDrop!

For Archosaur we have

Team Blue!

Again, thank you all for coming out and keep and eye out on the forums regarding the next servers we will be running the event!
  • Toraah - Archosaur
    Toraah - Archosaur Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Thanks to the GMs for taking their own time to host these events. Sure there could have been things that have gone better or were more well prepared, but at least the effort of hosting the event was made.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/user/xtorah - Assassin PK/TW/NW videos
  • Metalogue - Archosaur
    Metalogue - Archosaur Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Thanks to the GMs for taking their own time to host these events. Sure there could have been things that have gone better or were more well prepared, but at least the effort of hosting the event was made.

+1 thanks a lot guys, very glad to see staff doing things with/for the playerbase. Was fun!
  • Man - Raging Tide
    Man - Raging Tide Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Sadly my team could not participate, we had one member attending his child's piano recital, and another had to be with the family in town this weekend. Hope everyone had fun and congrats to the winners!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ObviousAlt - Raging Tide
    ObviousAlt - Raging Tide Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    lol free for all battle
    102 Celestial Demon Archer (2nd Rebirth 102)
    101 Celestial Sage Blademaster (Rebirth 100)
    101 Demon Sin (Rebirth 100)
    101 Sage Seeker (Rebirth 100)
    101 Sage Wiz (Rebirth 100)
    101 Sage Cleric (Rebirth 100)
    101 Sage Barb (Rebirth 100)
    101 Demon Duskblade (2nd Rebirth 101)